2Won

Maknae-ah, I'll Protect You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Gloomy. That was the first word that came into Jiwon's mind tonight. For some reason, the streets of Seoul had lesser people than usual. Possibly because of the thundering rain? Eun Ji Won, leader of Sechskies, the first generation kpop group was wrapped in a thick waterproof jacket over a hoodie, which the hood was up, covering his capped head. Sharp and charismatic eyes revealed under the cap and the mask he always wore outside.

Lightning flashed across the skies as rain drops that felt like bullets pelted onto the transparent umbrella Jiwon was holding tightly as if it was his life. Shivering slightly, Eun Ji Won crossed the streets of Seoul, wandering around and wondering where the heck he was going. For God knows why, Jiwon's instinct told him to get out of his cosy home and out of Lucy and Kkukku's warm furry bodies and into the bullet rain... to buy dinner.

"Aishhh!! I should've called delivery instead! Why am I here suffering?!" His grumbles were mufffled by the mask. He hugged himself tighter with one arm while the another gripped the handle of the umbrella tighter, lest it flies away, leaving him in the freezing precipitation.

The sight of his favourite Jjajangmyeon restaurant was like heaven to his human eyes. The best part was the convenience store beside it where he could buy some beers home and stock it up in his refrigerator, unless there's a power trip.

"One bowl of Jjajangmyeon please! Takeaway!"  Jiwon ordered as soon as he entered the restaurant, retracting his trusty, sturdy, plastic umbrella, which helped him brave through the rain.

Jiwon paid and started to loiter to wait for his black bean noodles to get ready. Somehow, he has an uneasy feeling about this. Shaking away his unusual feelings, he took the packaged Jjajangmyeon and headed back out into the rain, refusing the restaurant staff's offer to wait out the rain. Immediately, he turned right towards the convenience store.

"Why...?" Jiwon froze. A very familiar voice was heard in between the alley of the convenience store and the Jjajangmyeon restaurant.

*PITTER PATTER*

"I don't think we are suitable for each other anymore." It's an unfamiliar voice this time. Jiwon was curious. He knew who the voice before belonged to. He needed to know.

"After so many years...?" His voice cracked. Jiwon stepped closer. He could make out two silhouettes in the shadows.

*PITTER PATTER*

"I didn't know you were a celebrity before. We hardly spend enough time with each other now. I'm in love with someone else now." The female voice was cold and merciless... plus a little cocky.

"No! I-I... I can take time out for you!" Desperate.

"Sorry oppa. Pardon me, but you're too old for me." She's totally not sorry at all. Jiwon narrowed his eyes and stepped aside when he saw the woman walking out of the alley with a bloody red umbrella that stood out like a sore thumb. Gritting his teeth, Jiwon smirked when he saw the woman approaching the road when a car was coming her way.

"Excuse me!!" Jiwon called out to her and made sure she stopped at the side of the road. A puddle of murky water accumulated beside her.

*WHOOSH*

"Ahhh!" The girly suffering shriek was music to Jiwon's ears. He didn't cause any damage to her. Just that she is a wet female dog now. Jiwon bit back a laughter.

"Sorry... I was about to warn you..." Jiwon managed out as the woman glared at the older before stalking off angrily. Seems like her dress was expensive. Who cares anyway.

When Jiwon was about to laugh, he remembered the poor abandoned soul back in the alley. Just like the lightning that flashed across the skies, Jiwon was already in the alley, kneeling down in front of the soaked figure, who was in a similar position, but his hands covered his face, wailing out his sorrow.

*BOOM*

"Suwon-ah......" Jiwon's hand was on the younger's back, moving gentle down his back. The wailing continued in the deafening rain, sadness and heartbreak seeping into both hyung and dongsaeng's heart, but for different reasons. 

"Cry it out..." Jiwon whispered carefully, as if afraid that Suwon would break any second. Gripping onto the umbrella tighter, Jiwon was cursing mentally and (softly) outwardly at the woman for breaking Suwon's heart.

*GUSHES OF RAIN*

"H-H-Hyung..." Finally, the maknae lifted his head to reveal bloodshot eyes. Jiwon's eyes soften at the maknae when their eyes met.

*PITTER PATTER*

"HYUNG!!!" Immediately, the younger jumped into Jiwon's arms, which were opened any time, any day for his dongsaengs, even if he doesn't say so. Jiwon kept silent and embraced his maknae, abandoning the umbrella. For some reason, the rain dissipated a little. But Jiwon was still soaked anyway.

*Pit pat*

Surprisingly, the rain stopped as soon as Suwon stopped crying and fall unconscious in Jiwon's arms.

"Aish! This maknae! Causing so much trouble for me!" Jiwon grumbled but took off his cap and covered Suwon's face before he threw Suwon onto his back for a piggyback ride.

"Cut some weight!" Jiwon shouted to the asleep Suwon. As expected, there was no reply. Sighing, Jiwon cursed his weak body and knees before slowly making his way back home, a dead weight behind his back.

The umbrella lay abandoned in the alley. Same goes for the forgotten soaked through box of Jjajangmyeon.

~~~

Eun Ji Won is the charismatic leader, Blackies member of Sechskies. BUT. He is still 40 years old. His body also had a limit, especially carrying a 38 years old man with muscles and a certain weight with no conscious on his back. It took a toll. As soon as he reached home, Jiwon wobbled through the doors and threw Suwon onto his bed carelessly. He could no longer care. Especially his body.

"Urgh!" He fell beside Suwon. He could no longer care about the sheets of his bed getting wet and dirty. His back was wet, cold, uncomfortable, and sore. Arcing his back felt like needles and pins on his back. The soreness rendered him immobile for awhile. Lucy and Kkukku came into his room and jumped onto his bed, stepping all over the two men, causing chuckles to escape from the older's lips.

"Enough Lucy, Kkukku, get down and play by yourself." Jiwon ordered as he gently pushed his furry babies off the bed. Obediently, the dogs barked and left the room.

Jiwon laid on the bed for a moment, staring up at the white ceiling of his room waiting for his soreness to subside. He turned his head to the side suddenly to face the sleeping maknae.

"She doesn't deserve you..." Jiwon raised an arm and carassed the maknae's worn out face. The dried tear streaks leaving a faint mark on his s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter