The Decision

Paradise : Chanbaek
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chanyeol sighed rubbing his hands all over his face. Sehun the little sht has been sending him photos of the island the whole week and he's seriously so close to his breaking point.

The island is huge, bigger than your average island. They said that the island was from a volcano that erupted thousands of years ago, making the vegetation there very rich. The place has everything underwater caves, beaches, waterfalls, farms, cliffs you name it.

The natives were travelers who's been living there for years. Eight years ago a company bought the island and decided to let the villagers stay and offered them jobs. The place had one hotel, a hospital, a small mall and a village where the natives live. Since the place is privately owned only VIP members and the natives themselves can stay in the island.

The island is well known for its beauty and its been featured in almost every travel magazine naming it the #1 place to visit before you die and the heaven in earth.

I don't think it's a good idea to research about this place when you don't plan on going Park Chanyeol, he tells himself.

Closing the laptop in front of him Chanyeol stood up, stretched and looked at his office window. Chanyeol office had a decent view of the whole city. It was almost 2 am but there were still a little more than few cars on the road. No surprise there, China has always been a busy city.

When he first got this office he would stare at this window every single day and he would look at everything below him. The old Park Chanyeol would look at this window and feel excited, dominant and higher than everyone else. As he looked down at everyone he felt that he could do anything, that he had everything a man could ever want. He had all the power, money, fame and more, he felt like a better human being and that he had a better life than everyone else. But the Park Chanyeol now is a different story, now the Park Chanyeol looks down with envy.

He envies how the streets at 2 am has more life than him, he envies the 2 lovers holding hands while crossing the street
with huge smiles in their faces, he envies the kid crying in the corner of the street asking his mom to buy him something. He envies them because he can't feel anything anymore. He's empty. He's not sad nor happy nor lonely; he's just alive, a human being trying to survive every single day. He smiles every time he needs to, laughs when necessary and look upset if it requires him to.

The knock on the door disrupted Chanyeol's train of thought. He fixed his tie and tried to rub his eyes to get rid of all the sleepiness. He had insomnia and Sehun was making it worse these past few days.

"Come in" he called out. Chanyeol's secretary opened the door and peered inside. "Good morning sir! I just wanted to ask if you want your morning coffee before I leave."

"No thank you Alicia. I'm sorry you had to stay late today." Chanyeol said softly. He was genuinely sorry. He knew that unlike him people had something to come home to, that someone was waiting for them. It's just that he can't control it. This company didn't become this big by sending their employees home before 7 just so they can have dinner with their families. The world has changed and everyone wants to be bette

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter