Falling for You

If We Were A Season

Later that night, Brian was scrambling something on his notebook.

Things I Want to Do Before Finishing My School Year

What: First kiss

Where: In a romantic place

When: ??

How: Passionately

With whom: My first love

Then, the bell on the cup phone rang surprising Brian who was deep in thought. “Aish, speak of the devil”, Brian mumbled alone. He opened the window and there he is, his first love, smiling brightly from the other house while holding a cup ramen.

“Cook this for me. My mother is home. If she sees me eating this, I’ll be cooked to death. I’ll come there in a few minutes”, Jae said while throwing the cup ramen to Brian.

“Sigh, what’s the point of banning this thing at your home if you are eating this at my house huh?” Brian asked his eyes rolled at Jae. Jae just grinned and flew a kiss to Brian while closing his window. Brian who was left alone pretending to catch the kiss without Jae knew about it. He smirked alone and then the window was opened again.

“Chef-nimmmm”-----

Jae’s voice caught him by surprise, almost dropping the cup ramen. He replied, stuttering,

“Ah y-yes”-----

“A can of coke too, please”, Jae replied winking to Brian.

“Aish this kid”, responded Brian ignoring the fast beating of his heart that seems too hard to handle now.

He left the soaked ramen on a table beside his bed because he knew Jae would always sit there whenever he was here. Not to forget a can of Coke that was requested by his annoying-but-cute best friend. He sat at his study table continuing his deep thought. A voice behind his ear surprised him.

“What are you doing?” Jae said. “Yah, don’t you know how to knock?” Brian asked.

“I never knock. Woah my precious ramen! I’ll eat well, chef-nim!” exclaimed Jae while throwing himself on Brian’s bed holding the cup ramen that Brian soaked before. Brian chuckled at the sight of his best friend literally inhaled the ramen on his bed. Jae’s eyes were fixed on the big screen watching a movie when he spoke with his half-full mouth,

“Younghyun-ah, come here watch this with me. It’s not fun watching it alone.”

“Wh-what?”-----

Jae poked his face from the racks that were separating the study table and the bed and half begging when he said, “Come hereeeeeeeeeeee.”

Brian pretended to sigh and sat beside his best friend and shook his head when Jae offered his half-eaten ramen. Jae shrugged his shoulder and continued eating and watching at the same time.

Brian leaned his back at the bed’s head, watching his best friend finishing the ramen and slowly crawling his way to Brian. Jae casually rested his head on Brian’s chest. Brian was hoping that Jae can’t hear his heart that was beating fast because of Jae’s action.

Thankfully, Jae keeps watching the movie without saying anything. Brian carefully eyed his best friend’s beautiful eyes without the stupid hipster glasses, his smooth and pale skin that seems unharmed by the California’s sunshine, and his blonde hair that feels so smooth when they brushed again his neck and the most important part is his pink plump lips that seem so smooth. Brian was wondering on how it would have felt to have Jae’s lips on his.

Jae was mumbling something but Brian did not hear him because he was lost in his not-so-deep thought.

“Bribri! Brian!” Jae called him, almost half screaming.

Brian blinked his eyes a few times and said, “Yeah, you were saying something?”

Jae pouted and said, “I said, I don’t like the ending. Why should they kiss at the ending of the story?  I mean, it would probably better to hug tightly at the ending. That seems a lot more sincere than kissing. Don’t you think so?”

“Ah, maybe. But, when they’re going to kiss if at the end?” Brian answered by asking Jae question again.

Jae paused a few seconds and blurted, “At the beginning? Like this.”

Suddenly Jae’s lips are on Brian’s. Brian’s eyes went big from the action and suddenly he was above Jae’s body. Jae is practically sitting on Brian right now while kissing the smaller boy. Brian deepened the kiss and they were rumbling each other hair when Jae pulled back his lips, coughing.

“Are you alright?” Brian asked, worried. Half worried about their action and half worried about Jae.

“I’m okay. That’s was intense than I intend to”, Jae replied, still coughing. “I drank all the ramen soup and right now it’s burning at the back of my throat”, he continued.

“Oh,--

“Hey, I’m fine but why are you so red? Ohhhhh, about that”, Jae said casually.

“Yah, you practically took my first kiss and you just said that with that casual expression of yours!” exclaimed Brian ignoring his fast heartbeats.

“Your WHAT? First kiss? You didn’t have it YET?---

“NOW I HAVE IT. JUST NOW. WITH YOU, YOU IDIOT!” screamed Brian releasing his anger. He did not want to get mad at Jae but he was really confused at that time because of his heart and Jae’s stupid question.

“I’m sorry. I thought you already have it before this”, Jae said apologetically. He played with his fingers and keeps his head down because he was feeling very guilty.

Brian’s expression softened when he saw Jae’s condition. “Nah, you didn’t need to. I don’t really have friends here, remember?” Brian asked.

“And you are the only one that I want to kiss, actually”, Brian added with a slow voice, almost missed by Jae if they did not sit closely like they were right now.

Jae looked up and his eyes went wide. He caught Brian staring at him and in a split second, Jae’s lips were on Brian’s, for the second times.

They paused for a second and Jae said, “I’m going to sleep here today, it’s too cold to go out now. And I already locked the door”.

Brian nodded. “I won’t blame you, my place is warm enough,” he said. And with that, they continued doing whatever the things that they were doing earlier.

Things I Want to Do Before Finishing My School Year

What: First kiss

Where: In a romantic place In my bedroom

When:  During a movie and cup ramen night

How: Passionately (With the door locked)

With whom: My first love / My best friend/ My soul mate