I'd Lie

I'd Lie
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seungri kept his eyes on the road though occasionally stealing glimpses on the beautiful man seated right next to and inches away from him. Jiyong had his hands wrapped in two sticks, beating the air in a playful manner as he happily sang along with the song being played on the radio. The wind blew from the outside and a gush of air intruded the car's opened window, swaying Jiyong's hair, showing his natural boyish features that captivate men and women unerringly.

 

A smile formed on Seungri's face as he listened to Jiyong's funny stories; humor was one of the man's best qualities anyone could ever find about. Jiyong's eyes were glowing and Seungri's stomach swirled in different emotions, suddenly being pulled in an enthralling lovely scenery of a starry night, one of which the many settings Jiyong had introduced her since day one. Jiyong smiled and Seungri's heart pounded stubbornly hard against his ribcage. He focused back on the road, afraid that his heart would burst like a star in the galaxyーleaving bits and bits until its light disappears completely. 

 

He has never felt too alive to actually feel everything all at once but with Jiyongーalways, always with Jiyongーthere's no knowing how courageous his heart could be. Too courageous to actually take any kind of challenge in a world full of difficulties and complicated situations, of unheard voices and extreme feelings and wide distances and towering wallsーeverything whispering it wasn't easy. It will never be but with the smiling boy in mind, he knew it was something worth trying for, worth pushing for, and worth getting wounded for.

 

Jiyong's head moved back and forth, nodding and going along with the beat of the music, completely oblivious to the unsettling heartbeat of the boy on the driver's seat. Jiyong casually sent Seungri a boyish grin making Seungri grip on the steering wheel tighter, thinking of ways to calm his organ that seemed to had turned deaf, too stubborn to be listening to its owner probably for an hourーor months by now.

 

Jiyong's phone suddenly stole their attention as it lit up, indicating a new message had come. Seungri looked at him and shrugged, clueless. It's what they do whenever someone's phone lit up all of a sudden, interrupting their jamming or bonding time. Jiyong cocked an eyebrow and swiped the screen open, reading the message with a bored expression on his face. After a minute, he glanced at Seungri.

 

“It's from Patricia,” he said casually as he shoved the phone back to his pocket like nothing happened at all. 

 

When Seungri asked him what he thinks about the girlーwhom Seungri knew was so into JiyongーJiyong just shrugged, showing he's completely uninterested with whatever Patricia's trying to get them into. Jiyong ran his fingers through his neon green dyed hair, then promptly opened a lollipop he grabbed from his pocket and popped it inside his mouth. The night felt lighter as he started moving his head, fingers tapping everywhere, joining with the beat of the song.

 

Seungri couldn't help but nervously laugh along with Jiyong as they've suddenly came across the most dreaded topic for Seungri: the idea of falling in love. For Jiyong, love is something impossible for him to feel. He laughed at couples exchanging promises of forever when forever doesn't exist. He laughed at people who said love is both worth living and dying for, when clearly it was just a plain dumb word and nothing more. Jiyong continued mocking the four-letter word as he glanced at the window and whistled with the tune of the song currently being played.

 

Of course. Of course Seungri thought to himself as he remembered slowly. Jiyong once said he'll never fall in love, never in his lifetime. Love isn't simply in Jiyong's vocabulary and Seungri was afraid it would stay like that probably until ravens turn white.

 

Seungri soon pulled over to the parking lot of the school as they arrived. Upbeat music could already be heard even in the far distance. An oddly mixed scent of different perfumes swarmed the hallway to the auditorium where the acquaintance ball was currenly being held. It was a way of the univer

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter