19:

Chasing hearts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

SOWON's POV

Weeks have passed and my inbox will always be full of Umji's messages, I don't bother to open those because I have time for it. If she won't stop her actions then there will never have a reason for me to talk to her.

I'm currently checking some papers when my phone rang-- I'm going to ignore it when I saw a glimpse of girlfriend's name. A smile crept on my lips and I immediately answered the phone. I calmed myself down before greeting her.

" I don't think we can grab dinner later " I frowned at myself for what she has said. We haven't really seen each other for 3 days because she's so busy and I understand it but she already said yes and I have reserved a restaurant for later.

" why? " I asked her-- yep, I'm kinda annoyed.

" I'm not really feeling well " I heard her say on the other line. My annoyance disappeared and changed into worry-- she's been overworking these days and she's not resting nor having enough sleep.

" is that so? Where are you now? " I asked.

" home, I canceled every schedule I have for today. I'm really sorry if we can't grab dinner later " she said, I can hear her being apologetic about it and I felt bad for feeling annoyed. 

" it's fine, you should rest now. Bye " I said before dropping the call. 

I stood up from my seat and arranged the papers that are piled up on my desk. I grabbed my coat and walked out of my office--

" ah... ma'am you have met in a few minutes now " my secretary said when she saw me going out.

" cancel it-- cancel everything that I have for today, I have something to do "

" but Mr. Lee has been waiting for almost a week to meet you " she said looking troubled.

" move it in another day. Well, he can probably wait for afterall he's the one who needs something from me. I have to go now " I said and smiled at her. 

I've gone straight home to change my clothes into something more comfortable. The maids in my house are very cautious around me right now and every time they may see me they will greet me and bow their heads-- I don't mean to scare them, jeez.

I drove to the grocery store-- I picked up everything that I will need and some fruits for Eunha. It seems like I've bought too much, it's like I've bought a grocery that's good for one month-- I've gone overboard. 

Before driving to Eunha's house I stopped by a flower shop to buy her fresh flowers-- I'm being too romanticist, I can't believe this. 

" hello? " I said when Eunha answered her phone. 

" ne~ " her voice is so hoarse-- my poor little Eunha.

" how are you feeling? " I asked her.

" not so good "

" can you stand up and walk to your room's balcony? " I asked her. She asked why but I just said to do it. I saw her walking on the balcony wearing an oversized shirt that I believe is mine-- the shirt that I've made her wear back when we had a car accident. and pink pajamas.

" now look down " I ordered her and when she did our eyes met. I waved my hands at her and dropped the call, I saw her sweet smile and she runs inside her room.

 It took her a minute to come down, the guards opened the gate for me and she immediately runs into my arms.

" I missed you " she murmured.

" so do I " I smiled at her and kissed her forehead.

We've gone inside her house-- come to think of it, it will be my first time to go here. Her house is very sophisticated, very neat... it seems like no one's living in here. The chandeliers are very sparkly, the couch-- it feels like it's a couch that the white house has. Wow-- is my girlfriend richer than me? Seriously...

" you said you cannot go to have dinner with me so I thought that I should just bring the dinner to you "

" it looked like you bought everything you've seen in the store " she chuckled at me as she looks at the plastic bags that I've placed on her kitchen counter.

" you should take a rest for now while I cook " I wrapped my arms around her waist-- our height is perfect.

" but I want to watch you cook " 

I started to cook and she's just there sitting, looking at what I'm doing. Her eyes are all on me, it's intimidating but I prefer this than having her eyes in others. I want her attention all on

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter