14:

Chasing hearts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I annoyedly reach for my phone that's constantly ringing. With half opened eyes I looked at who's calling me-- unknown number? Did my phone number just leak? Jeez. Not knowing who's calling me I just rejected the call and closed my eyes again.

" Aish! " I complained when my phone rang again. Frustratedly I opened my eyes and blocked the number-- who's in their right mind is going to call in this time? It's 3 am!

I'm about to place my phone on the side table once again when a different unknown number called me. I frowned at the screen of my phone and just decided to answer it.

" who's this? " I answered.

" I know what you did " my forehead creased more, is this person on drugs?

" what? " I asked and once again the person on the other line said those words. I shook my head and ended the call-- that person just disturbed my sleep.

I placed my phone on the side table and made myself comfortable for me to sleep again, but as I close my eyes the memory of what just happened earlier kept on flashing on my mind. Soft lips, tight hug, her eyes, the way she told me that I should be responsible for her feelings, her smile... gosh, I'm going crazy!

I immediately got up to sit down and reached for my phone-- I'm not dreaming, right? It's not a dream, right? I scrolled into my contacts and I get to breath when I saw her name on my contacts-- it's not just a mere dream. 

A smile crept on my lips and  I'm about to press the call button when I realized what time is it, I stopped myself and placed my phone down-- I don't want her to think that I'm so obsessed with her. I covered my face with my pillow and screamed-- I'm so happy.

I didn't get to sleep again, I just rolled back and forth on my bed while having those butterflies on my stomach. I got up by 6 and decided to go straight to the kitchen after I wash up. 

" good morning ma'am " the maids greeted me, I slightly smiled at them and greeted them back. They were shocked by what I just did but I just ignored it-- I'm in my good mood, what can I do?

I'm watching them cook breakfast when suddenly an idea came up to my mind. I contemplated a million times before standing up and walking towards my maids who are busy cooking.

" do we have lunch boxes? " I asked them.

" yes ma'am, are you going to pack lunch on your way out? " she asked and I nodded my head.

" it's not for me, I will bring someone breakfast and I would like to cook it myself " I said. It feels like saying that to my parent even though she's just my maid-- why is this so embarrassing?

" for ma'am SinB? Should I peel the apples? " she asked again and I frowned at her-- why would I bring SinB breakfast? That glutton can produce her own food, well Sojung can too but couples do these kinds of things, right?

My maid helped me to cook since I don't have any idea on how to cook. Well practically I can't cook anything, even a sunny side egg, I just can't. I'm too scared of flying hot oil or getting myself burn.

" ouch " I whined when I accidentally touched the hot pan. My maid immediately walked towards me and looked at my finger-- I'm getting myself burnt for Sojung when I can't do it myself even I'm starving to death.

I canceled my appointment this morning and moved it to the afternoon, I totally forgot about my schedule for this morning and got focused by cooking Sojung's breakfast. I don't know if what I've cooked was edible but I hope she'll appreciate this-- I burnt my finger for this so she better appreciate this.

As I drive to Sojung's company I am trying to call her but she's not just picking up, maybe she's busy on something or... well she better be busy with something for her to be ignoring my calls.

I checked my face before hopping out of the car-- jeez, my eyebags are awful. I wore my mask and finally got inside of Sojung's company-

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter