Decisions

Half Moon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author's Notes: First off, I'm so sorry for the long wait. I was busy with work and it demanded a lot of my time. This chapter has been in my drafts and I decided to finish it for you guys so I can at least give you something for the mean time. I'll be back to writing new chapters probably when this week ends. Thank you so much for staying with me in this journey!

P.S. I will be editing the other chapters to make them 'Night Mode' friendly. Yes, we now have Night Mode available, finally! (I prefer Night Mode, myself) But some of the chapters are not readable as the font color I used is black, making them unreadable because the background color for Night Mode is dark grey. I will be hiding them while editing so don't be surprised that they're missing, then publishing them all at once when they're ready.

 

Hyuk

 

My Dara is really being weird. I know she’s not usually shy around these people. B.I already told me so, so just why is she avoiding me?

Did I do anything wrong? Did I turn her off? Does my breath stink? I cover my mouth with a hand and breathe on it. It smells like mint. It should because I brushed my teeth before coming here. It’s normal hygiene to do so.

Which makes me all the more curious why she can’t even look at me. Did anything happen to my Dara?

My Dara. The thought makes me smile. It’s been a habit of mine to call her that in my head. I really can’t imagine her not being mine. I seriously can’t wait to make it official but I’m letting her deal with things on her own pace because I can understand why she’s apprehensive. She was in a long term relationship that had a lot of trust issues. If she wants to take her time with me, I’ll let her. She’s worth it anyway.

I must admit, I’m letting myself enjoy her too much that I’m starting to lose focus on some stuff. I’ve pushed back some projects because I’d rather talk to her than work on my music. I know it doesn’t sound right, but I’ve been at this industry since the age of sixteen. I think I also deserve to slack off at times. I’ve already given up my youth to music. Let me steal some of it for her.

You can call me an addict. That’s probably why I can’t get enough of her. Addicted to my Dara. I crave for her attention so much that I don’t care if I bother her when she’s doing something. I’d still text her. If she doesn’t reply, I don’t get hurt or disappointed. I know she’s got schedules of her own and I get that. I just want her to know I’m thinking of her 24/7 because even in my sleep, she’s what I dream of.

Not that we’re getting much sleep lately. I’m kinda guilty for that. I try not to hog her attention but I can’t help it. I always need a fix of Dara. Besides, I don’t hear her complaining either. I think she even likes the attention, and I am very much willing to give all of mine to her.

I am enjoying the warm welcome they’re giving me here in YG. They’re making me feel like family. Well, except for a few doubtful looks I’m getting from a couple of guys it seems like this introduction is a success. I love getting to know the people who are close with my Dara. If only she would act normal around me, things will be perfect. I thought she's already comfortable with me considering how close we’ve become the past few weeks. Maybe I was wrong.

She left with CL-ssi and haven’t gone back yet. It’s been a couple of minutes and I’m starting to miss her.

I look around and caught Seunghoon’s eye. He smirks and shakes his head at me before averting his gaze.

I whisper to Seungyoon. “What is that guy’s deal?” I discreetly point at Seunghoon.

Seungyoon chuckles. “Hoonie can come off as a jerk, but he means well. Don’t get flustered by him. That’s all for show.”

I nod with reluctance. He’s starting to get on my nerves, but I’ll take Yoon’s word for it.

“Hyung, I guess you can now tell how much people here in YG care for noona.” Seungyoon catches my attention. “Everyone is fond of her. You can even call her the darling of the company.” he looks straight into my eyes. “So one wrong move, if you ever hurt noona, all these people here are coming for you.” he mildly threatens.

Okay, I know I should be ting my pants by the way Yoon is looking at me, but I’m not. I’m actually touched for Dara. I bet she doesn’t know these people all care for her this much.

I tap his shoulder. “Don’t worry. I have no plans of hurting her.” I assure him. “I’m actually scared that she’s the one who is going to hurt me. I’ve…never let anyone have this much power over me, and it’s scary but I can’t help it. She’s just…perfect.” I give a wistful smile.

“Oh, I tell you she’s not perfect. You’ve seen how much food she can consume, right?” he jokes.

I feel offended for my Dara. “Hey, that’s attractive you know. She can eat as much as she wants, anytime. I’d prefer her over a woman who keeps dieting and just eating salads. There’s so much more to a woman than a good figure.” I say in her defense.

I can’t help but notice the smile in Seungyoon’s eyes. “You’ve got it bad for my noona, hyung. I admit defeat. You’ve got my approval too.” he gives me a thumbs up while chuckling.

I don’t know why I need his approval but I’ll take it anyway. “Thanks?” I replied.

I look behind because of a poke on my shoulder. My eyes immediately light up when I saw it was Dara but they dimmed when I noticed the worry in her face.

“Hyuk, I’d like to introduce you to some of my friends. Do you mind?” she asks, looking unsure.

I don’t know what’s happening but of course I go with her. “Okay, sure.”

She leads me to a table occupied by five guys. I didn’t expect to be meeting them. Not the least of all, today. Is this why Dara has been acting strange?

“Hyuk, this is T.O.P, Seungri, Daesung and Taeyang of BigBang, and Kush oppa, one of our producers.” she introduces.

I bow immediately to show respect. They bow back as courtesy. I look toward Taeyang seonbaenim as he is the one I’m most familiar with.

“So you’re the Dean. Zico has told me so much about you.” he opens.

“Only good things, I hope?” I respond as a jest. I don’t think Jiho will be saying any about me, despite our situation right now. I still trust him as a friend.

“Yeah. I’m beginning to think you’re too good to be true. Right, Darong?” he suddenly shifts his attention to Dara.

“I-…ahm…what?” Dara responds, looking lost.

She keeps on looking around, as if looking for someone.

“He’s not here yet. Nobody has seen him since we got back, but he should be here in the afternoon since we have a meeting.” T.O.P answers an unvoiced question.

“Oh. Okay.” she gives T.O.P a tight smile.

I have an inkling as to who he is referring to. G-Dragon. I haven’t met the guy, but I don’t like him already. I don’t understand why people are cowering just by the mention of his name. He’s still human, after all.

“It was really good seeing you guys, but I’m afraid I have to cut this short. Come on, Hyuk.” Dara says in a hurryand grabs my hand to leave.

Before we can take a few more steps away from them, Seungri speaks up. “Noona, we haven’t seen you in a while. It wouldn’t hurt to catch up for a few minutes, would it?” he pouts like a kid.

A grown man showing aegyo. I don’t know if I should throw up or be mortified.

Dara looks torn so I try to lead her.

I squeeze our still holding hands. “Let’s spend some time with your friends. I know you miss them.” I whisper.

She looks into my eyes, trying to search for something only god knows what. When she finds the answer she’s looking for, she sighs and nods.

We sit with these men. My Dara’s friends. I need to get along with them too. I hope they take kindly to me.

I definitely did not miss the questioning looks they’re giving us, and our holding hands. Taeyang seonbaenim looks chill though.

“So, are you guys together or what?” Seungri bluntly asks.

This question seems to take Dara aback.”No, were not! Whatever made you think that?” Dara asks, seeming offended.

I won’t deny, it kinda hurt when she denied it even though it’s true. Damn feelings. I need to get ahold of myself and stop being sensitive.

“Then why are you guys holding hands?” T.O.P a brow.

Dara immediately lets go of my hand at that. She probably didn’t notice I haven’t let her hand go. Cold is now replacing the warmth we shared in my palm.

“Her hands are really cold so I wanted to warm it up for her.” I answer with a stupid grin.

Whoever will believe the bull I just sputted? I internally chuckle. I just want to save Dara from the embarrassment, but when I turn to her, she’s looking at me like I’ve grown three heads.

I hear someone snort so it derives my attention. I think it’s th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter