Realization

Half Moon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Seungri

 

Me and the guys are meeting with some staff to discuss our MAMA performance. Probably the new album too. We've been on tour for the past few months with a really tight schedule and this is one of the few days we're spending in Korea before we go to the next destination, but instead of resting, we're called in the office. I'm freaking tired but I don't like spending time alone so I came in early. It gets boring when you’ve got nothing to do but wait, you know? I’ll maybe check on some trainees, or hang out with Teddy and Kush hyung. I missed the office. The routinary stuff we do. I want to get back into soccer too, but that'll have to wait. 

I’m walking towards their studio when I heard some people talking. They said someone popular is visiting YG today. How come I wasn’t aware? I’m usually one of the first to know. I guess I've been gone for too long that I don't know new people anymore.

I secretly listen to some girls gushing about how good-looking the visitor is. So, it’s another guy. Ugh. Of course, I would always prefer girls over guys so I was kinda disappointed but it already caught my attention so whatever. I’ll go and check him out anyway.

 

 

I accessed the office housing a number of screens for CCTVs. Every room in YG has one. Sajangnim built this so he can monitor rehearsals and being the awesome person that I am, I also gained access to this. I started checking each camera and found someone unfamiliar in iKON’s room. That must be him. The guy they’ve been raving about.

Ha! He looks like a flower boy. That’s probably why girls are into him.

I try to put a name to the face but I really don’t know him. I'm starting to doubt my connections. I need to step my game up.

WINNER boys enter and Seungyoon seems familiar with him. Maybe they’re friends.

Ohhh Chaerin, Teddy hyung and Dara noona are meeting him too? Dang. What have I been missing?

I guess I better introduce myself too. Besides, a party isn't a party without Victory.

 

 

I was heading to the iKON rehearsal room when I heard my phone ring. It’s Youngbae hyung calling.

“Yoboseyo, hyung?” I pick up.

“Oh Seungri-yah. Are you in the office yet? Want to have lunch with me? My treat.” he offers.

“Yeah, I’m here in the building.” I pause. “Say hyung, did you hear we were going to have some famous guy in the office today?” I inquire. He may know something that I don’t. For a change.

“Oh, is Dean already there? I thought he was going to be there this afternoon.” he murmurs.

“Wait, how come you know this guy, but I don’t?” I’m now very curious. Youngbae hyung isn't a sociable one, as far as I know.

“I’ve never met him in person, but Zico speaks highly of him. He’s the one who did the guide track for ‘Fear’. The guy has mad singing skills, I tell you.” he shares.

Ohhh…interesting. “Well, he’s here. I’m going to where the others are to see him.”

“You know what? Wait for me. I want to see him too. Let’s just have lunch in the cafeteria. See you in a few.” he decides.

 

 

After ending the call, I turn back and wait for Youngbae hyung. I roam around with no destination in mind when I ran into Kush hyung. He seems preoccupied.

I stop him because he didn’t notice me. “Oh hyung, you look spaced out. Where are you going?”

“Yeah. Ahm. Well, the others are waiting for me in the cafeteria to have lunch. Sorry, I didn’t see you. I was just thinking of some stuff.” He answered sheepishly.

This isn’t like Kush hyung. Must be a big problem. “Anything wrong? Maybe I can help?” I offer.

He sighs. “I’m not sure which project to take on, Hayi’s comeback or WINNER’s. Or none.” he answers.

That’s weird. “Why none? Last time I checked, you’re a WINNER fan boy. It should be a no-brainer.” I chuckle.

He removes his cap, brushes his hair in frustration and puts it back on. “I know, right? But Jiyong’s been bugging me lately. Ever since he saw the rumor about Dara and that Kim Soohyun guy, he’s been annoying as . I thought when he left Darong, he would actually leave her alone.” he looks at me seriously. “He doesn’t want me to work with WINNER because they’re close with her. He’s starting again, Seungri-yah. What the is wrong with your friend?”

I pinch the bridge of my nose. I can sense an incoming head ache. I knew he was still in it for noona because Youngbae hyung confronted him for sending stuff and letters to her. But this. This is what I don’t like about Jiyong hyung. He doesn’t only like torturing noona, but also the people associated with her. Like they're all his puppets. How far will he go?

“Then just take Hayi. At least she’s neutral ground.” I advised.

Kush hyung looks at me, conflicted. “I kinda don’t want to take on Hayi because the genre is just so different. I’m not confident making it the best.” he confides.

I don’t know what to tell Kush hyung. I just pat him on the back, hoping it will comfort him with his dilemma somehow.

I heard a ding and checked my messages. “Kush hyung, Youngbae hyung is here. Let’s go to the cafeteria.” I string the older guy along.

 

 

Youngbae

 

I’m on my way to YG. I want to meet Dean. Zico has nothing but good words for him when he talked about the guy, and Minho likes him too. I’d have to make that judgement for myself though. Especially after Minho told me he likes Dara.

Dara always had guys lurking around her. I mean, I was one of those guys. Jiyong and I both liked her when we were young, but I can’t deny that I was a pu$$y back then so I couldn’t make a move. If only I was brave enough to tell her my feelings back then, then maybe things would have ended up differently. Maybe she didn’t need to suffer. I could have made her happy because she damn well deserves it.

Ultimately, I gave her up for my friend. Bros before hoes, right? So even though I had these feelings for her all those years, I had to bury them deep. We’re good now. We’re the best of friends. However, it still pisses me off when Jiyong treats her like and played like a toy. I didn’t give her up just to be treated that way. But Jiyong…he’s my homeboy. We’ve known each other even before puberty so we have histor

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter