The Visit

Half Moon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Hyuk

 

Change of plans. I’m not debuting with my collab with Jiho. I’m using my collab with Dok2 instead. It was a unanimous vote from my company. Everyone said ‘I love it’ sounds better as a debut than ‘Pour Up’. I hope Jiho doesn’t take it personally because it wasn’t. It was my company’s decision after all. Besides, I’m not that immature to be doing that to him.

I got invited to YG today. The iKON boys asked me to watch their rehearsal of our song for Sugarman. Dara also said she will be there because of voice lessons. My stomach feels funny again. It’s always like this when I’m about to meet her. Is this what they call butterflies? Because to me, it’s more like a snake is playing with your insides until you’re about to throw up.

I wait in the YG entrance as Bobby instructed. I watch some people come and go while waiting for him. If this isn’t security, I don’t know what is. They use fingerprints before getting in and someone from the inside literally has to vouch for you before they can permit you entrance. Crazy, right?

“Hyung, have you been waiting long?” Bobby welcomes me, his eyes disappearing when he smiled.

I shake my head. “Nah, it’s alright. I waited, but not uncomfortably long so I’m good.” I smile back.

He guides me inside the entrance where all the portraits of YG artists are on display. Cool interior, if you ask me. My eyes automatically search for a face and it had no trouble finding her. Pictures don’t do her justice. She's just that beautiful. I stare at her face for a few more seconds, trying not to appear obvious. On the other side are awards they’ve won. Which are a lot. How they can fit all of those on that wall is a mystery to me.

I know I probably look like a kid in a candy store by my expression, but I’m sure this is the normal reaction whenever someone visits YG for the first time. How can you not roam your eyes at this…this…this awesomeness?

Bobby chuckles at my expression. “Hyung, had enough?” he teases.

I don’t try to hide my awe. This might be the last time I get to see this place, so why not enjoy it?

“We have a parrot at the upper floor. I’m not sure if you’d be allowed to see it though.” he shares. As if what I’m seeing right now isn’t remarkable enough, he mentions a parrot.

I look at him disbelievingly. Why would anyone have a parrot at this place? “You’re playing me.” I respond.

Bobby grins. “I’m not. We call him Yang Parrot. He’s really talkative. He mimics Bom noona all the time.”

I still don’t believe him, but I laugh it off. I mentally note to ask Dara about it later. It’s another topic for conversation.

After a few more sight seeings, we proceed to iKON’s practice room. Bobby pointed another room two doors away as 2ne1’s practice room. He said there are no rehearsals for 2ne1 so it’s likely to be empty.

We enter iKON’s practice room and I was taken off guard by the number of guys who are here. I completely forgot iKON has seven members. The boys introduced themselves one by one. Afterwards, the rehearsal started.

I text Dara to let her know I’m already with the boys. I watch the rehearsal and I must say, Bobby appears like this shy kid but when he starts holding the mic, his natural swag comes out. Junhoe’s voice also c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter