Keeping Distance

Half Moon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Minho

 

I just got off the phone with Hyuk hyung. He did a recap of what happened last night. One word to describe how I feel about Jiho hyung right now: infuriated.

I dial his number. When he picked up, I didn’t give him a chance to speak. “Meet me at Hyoseob hyung's place. 7PM.” I immediately end the call.

I bury my face in my hands. What has gone into Jiho hyung’s mind? I’m pretty sure he wasn’t thinking straight when he did that. If I knew he would be there with noona, he wouldn’t be able to get anywhere near her. Thank god Hyuk hyung was there.

 

 

I go to the other building to see Dara noona. I know she’s in the YGK+ building to talk about a new CF so I’ll drop in to surprise her. And maybe talk to her as well.

I came across her in the lobby. I think she’s about to leave. “Noooona!” I call her.

“Minho-yaaah!” she calls back playfully.

I give her a quick hug. I look at her face and some bags are visible. Her eyes are also a little puffy.

“I know what happened last night.” I confront her.

She rolled her eyes at me. “Of course, you do. I expect nothing less. I presume Hyuk filled you in?” she asks, while we’re walking to her car.

“Yeah, but I’d rather hear it from you since you’re the one involved.” I prompt.

She releases a deep sigh. “Get in.” she points at the passenger seat of her car.

“Do you want to go out or something, or let’s just talk in the car?” she asks.

I ponder my options. “Let’s do drive-through, then just park somewhere. I kinda missed having you all to myself.” I pout.

“I know you missed me Minho baby, but stop acting cute.” she chuckles, pinching my cheek.

She drove to a coffee shop. Once we got our drinks, we decided to stay at a nearby secluded park. Good thing her car is tinted. We’ll be safe from prying eyes.

“So…spill. And don’t leave any details just because you don’t want me to get mad.” I warn her.

“How come sometimes you act like you’re older?” she frowns. “Did Sanghyun possess you or something?”

'This is precisely why I’m acting like this, noona. I’m your brother’s proxy.' I mentally respond. “Oh come on, just tell me already.” I answer instead. I inwardly scoff. She’s deliberately delaying the topic but she won’t be able to avoid this. Not with me.

She blows a raspberry, realizing she was caught. She starts recounting what happened last night. The more she tells me, the more I want to give Jiho hyung some beating.

“…then I couldn’t process anything after that. I mean, how I am supposed to react when I found out that he broke up with his girlfriend because of me?” she relays, her forehead scrunching due to frustration.

I raise my hand to smooth her forehead out. “Thanks.” she automatically responds.

I stifle my laugh and shake my head. I remember her telling me to do that for her whenever she scrunches her forehead because she doesn’t want to get wrinkles.

“Jiho hyung is a stupid .” I comment. “He makes rash decisions and doesn’t consider consequences. He shouldn’t have done that. He should have known it will burden you when you find out.” I pause. “Or maybe he was hoping you won’t find out, probably thinking he will get away with it.” I snigger at the thought.

“I keep on turning the thought in my head.” she opens. “I didn’t think he was that bad. When he said he’s had these feelings for me for years, I was overwhelmed for sure. After hearing what he did for me back then without my knowledge, I was really touched. I started thinking how I can deserve such a genuine guy.” she halts for a few seconds, mulling what she was about to disclose. “I actually thought about giving him a chance, with the confession and all. I probably would have, if Hyuk didn’t interrupt us. Imagine how disastrous that would have been if I found out about it too late, and I had already developed feelings for him.” she bitterly laughs.

I feel bad for her. She’s definitely affected by what happened.

“Hyuk hyung told me you were feeling guilty because you feel responsible for Jiho hyung's decision. You better stop thinking that, because you're not. That's all on him.” I chastise.

“I was just caught off-guard by what happened. But I'm okay now.” she retorts.

That’s not what your puffy eyes are saying. “Is that why you bawled your eyes last night?” I question her obvious lie.

“Yah! I did not bawl! Why would I?!” she answers defensively. “I cried because I was confused, but Hyuk helped me figure things out.”

Ohhh…Hyuk hyung. Do I sense a development?

“How are you and Hyuk hyung by the way?” I inquire, pretending like the guy doesn’t bug me every time he feels noona isn’t responding to his advances.

Her cheeks bloom into red. Did my noona just blush?? “He’s fine. We’re fine.” she respo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter