I've Got You

Half Moon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Hyuk

 

I knew it would be a mess if Jiho decides to involve himself with Dara. Minho was right. He needs to get his together. Unfortunately, the way he dealt with his issue was breaking up with his girl - which was stupid. I can already smell chaos from a mile away and I feel agitated. Didn’t he think about the possible repercussions that can come out of his actions? What if it backfires on Dara? Did he ever consider that?

I look at the girl sitting on my passenger seat. She has stopped crying. Fortunately. We stay in silence, both mulling over what just happened.

“Hyuk, what’s so great about me?” Dara asks out of nowhere.

I don’t know where this question is coming from. Maybe she needs a pick-me-up?

I list all her good qualities while focusing on my driving. “You’re very dedicated and hard working. You look fragile, but you’re one tough girl. Younger guys would die to have someone like you be their noona because...you really are the best. You're quirky, but in a good way and it makes you interesting. You have a big and kind heart. You’re a good daughter. To top it off, you’re pretty.” I kid at the last part. Everybody knows she is a goddess.

“Is it enough of a reason to break of a relationship?” she follows up.

Oh...she was talking about that. I shake my head at the thought. I knew she was blaming herself for Jiho’s stupid decision. Just he wait until Minho hears about this. I’m sure they are going to have words.

“You know it's not your fault. Whatever Jiho did, that was his decision alone.” I remind her.

“But he did it because of me.” she justifies.

We’re near Han River so I decided for a stopover. I parked in front of a convenience store.

“Wait here.” I tell Dara.

“Wait. Where are you going?” she asks.

“I just need to buy something. I’ll be quick. Don’t miss me too much.” I give her a wink before getting out of the car.

I hurried my steps to the store, grabbed a six pack and went right back to the car.

“Hold this for me.” I gave Dara the beer I bought. She looks at me questioningly. I answer her unspoken question. “We’re going on a little detour.”

We drove to the Han River and after parking my car, I guided her to an unmanned area so we can have some privacy. We sat down leisurely. This is the best time and place to talk about it.

She isn’t saying anything. She’s probably still thinking about what happened and still blaming herself for Jiho's stupidity.

I hand her a beer which she takes wordlessly. She starts sipping, not uttering a word.

“What are you going to do now?” I ask her.

She looks at me curiously. “What do you think I should do?” she asks back.

“If I were you, I will steer clear of Jiho. Just until things die down.” I advise. I take a mouthful of my own beer while waiting for her to respond.

“I should do that, right? That’s the right thing to do.” she says more to herself.

“I’ll repeat what I said. It wasn’t your fault. Jiho made his own decision even if he uses you as the reason. You have nothing to do with it; therefore you should not feel guilty because you’re not liable.” I remind her again.

“I know that, but the guilt won’t go away. I feel indirectly responsible.” she refutes.

I heave a sigh. She’s being stubborn about this and I feel like this is how she always is. Shouldering the blame even when it’s not her fault.

I start telling her a story. “Whe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter