Awkward Much Part 2

Half Moon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Dara

 

Dok2 is an interesting guy and I’m enjoying my chat with him. Did you know he is part Filipino? Interesting, right? He told me all about living in the Philippines when he was young and shooting his MV in Cebu a few years back. I offered to take him on a tour to Palawan next time because you know, nothing beats the Dara tour. We also exchanged numbers.

Jiho is being Mr. Pissy Pants all of a sudden. What‘s wrong with this guy?

“Dara-ssi, do you want to go down and watch? Beenzino will be performing soon, then I’m next.” Joonkyung invites.

I look to my other side where Jiho is busy trying to not look at me. I hold his arm and he turns. “Can you come with me? I don’t want to go alone.” I ask.

I guess he pitied me so he gives a tight nod. “You go ahead Joonkyung-ssi. We’ll be right there. I just need to talk to Jiho for a sec.” I tell Joonkyung.

He looks at Jiho questioningly, and back at me. “Alright.” He nods and leans in to whisper something. “I’ll look for you among the crowd when I’m on stage.” he smiles and leaves.

That was…unexpected. I dismiss the thought and face Jiho who looks like he’s in a mood.

“Hey. Is there something wrong?” I poke Jiho, making him turn back to me. I drink my fourth glass of Rum and Coke. Right now, I feel really relaxed. I’m not sure if it’s because of the alcohol, or it’s the Dok2 effect. Either way, I feel good but Jiho here is kinda killing my vibe.

“Nothing is wrong.” he answers dismissively. He says nothing is wrong but his eyebrows are meeting in the middle? Who is he kidding?

“Come on, Jiho. It’s obvious there’s something wrong. Now, tell me what it is.” I insist. I’m starting to get irritated because he’s been acting cold for no good reason.

“Don’t think about it, noona. It’s nothing for you to be concerned about.” he dismisses again.

I feel my temper flaring up. Yes, this is definitely the alcohol making my tongue loose.

“You’re being annoying right now. You were fun earlier, but now you’re just being a drag.” I whine.

He stares at me for a few seconds before sputtering “You’re drunk.”

“Excuse me? I am not drunk.” I scoff. “Is it so bad to ask to have a good time? Especially when I don’t know when I’ll have this chance again?”

I feel like I’m being a brat right now, but I can’t help it. This is the first time in a while that I’ve been to these kind of parties and I missed it. I don’t like that Jiho is ruining it for me when I was expecting the opposite.

He heaves a sigh. “I’m sorry, noona. I just didn’t like that you completely dismissed me when you started talking to Joonkyung hyun.” he answers truthfully.

Awww. He’s being cute again. “Why? Are you jealous?” I tease.

He looks into my eyes. “If I say yes, will you stop talking to him?” he replies.

I was taken aback by his response. Surely, this isn’t what I’m thinking it is.

“Ha ha ha.” I laugh awkwardly and give him a playful nudge. Maybe he’s just being protective like Minho. “Stop acting up. We were just talking. Who knew he would be someone interesting? I thought he was some scary dude, but he’s actually nice.” I share.

Jiho still doesn’t look convinced. I stopped caring and decided to drag him to the first floor where the stage is at to watch Beenzino and Dok2.

 

 

Jiho

 

I think I need to watch over her alcohol intake. I think she might already be drunk but just good at hiding it. Minho and Taeyang sunbaenim will never forgive me if she gets faced tonight.

She keeps on asking me what’s wrong but I can’t tell her. How should I tell her that I don’t like other guys hanging around her? That would be too presumptive of me. We’re not even together yet, but I’m already being territorial. I need to hold myself back.

But I can’t help feeling envious that she’s finding good company with other guys. This night was supposed to help me be closer to her, but this plan is completely failing.

I give in and accompany her to watch Beenzino and Joonkyung hyung’s performance. I can Joonkyung hyung has a thing for her just by the way he looked at her earlier. I was pretending to look the other way, but I was listening to their whole conversation and sneaking glances when I have the chance.

I lead her on the side of the stage where we can still have a full view but not get toppled over by other people. I keep her close and position her in front of me, making sure that other guys who will attempt to get close think twice.

She’s tiny. I smile inwardly. I measure myself against her. My arms will rest perfectly in her shoulders. I start imagining her and I being that close. I unconsciously get nearer to her, smelling her perfume.

She suddenly turned around and was surprised by our closeness, causing her to step back. Her face almost hit my chest by the sudden movement. She almost slipped but I was able to catch her, snaking my arm behind her.

We gawk at each other, staying in that same position. I don't know what came over me but I started closing ithe distance even more, going for a kiss. Her phone ringing brought us back to reality. I help her so she can stand up straight. She fished for her phone inside her bag and told me “I better answer this.” before leaving me standing there.

It wasn’t intentional. I swear. But having her that close to me felt…right. I keep replaying it in my head, making me inwardly smile.

I think she’s been gone for more than five minute. I’m making all sort of plans in my head in order to erase that awkward moment for her. I’m feeling impatient, but I know I shouldn’t. I give her more time. Her phone call might not be done yet. Or maybe she went to the rest room.

More minutes passed that I didn’t bother to count. She’s still not back and I’m starting to get anxious, thinking that something may have happened to her. I was about to look for her when I finally saw her. I smile to let her know I didn’t mind what happened earlier, but it totally faded when I saw who was behind her.

 

 

Hyuk

 

I was driving myself home and decided to call Dara to check up on her. She told me she was going with a friend to a party. I didn’t ask for the details because I’m not like that. I didn’t offer to come either because I don’t like imposing myself on others. She would ask me to go if she wanted me to be there, but when she didn’t, I didn’t feel bad. She told me she hasn’t seen her friend in a while so she probably wanted to spend some time with him. I don’t get jealous over that.

“Yoboseyo? Hyukkie?” she answers the call, music blaring in the background. I didn’t expect her to pick up because I know she prefers texting, but I wanted to get a real-time udpdate. I know she won't be checking her messages when at a party.

“Hey, Dara-yah. How’s the party? It sounds like it’s going hard.” I comment. I can hear loud cheers and recognize Beenzino’s voice hyping the crowd on the mic. He must be having his set right now.

“Ah. Yeah. I think so.” she responds. I think she headed somewhere quieter because I can hear her clearly now. There’s something about her voice that doesn’t sound right.

“How’s your friend? Have you guys had the chance to catch up?” I shoot questions at her so I can hear her tone again and confirm what I’m thinking.

She releases a deep sigh. “That blew me off. Told me he has an emergency.”

Wait. If her friend isn’t with her, then who is she with?

“Then what are you still doing there? You should have gone home. You could have called me. I could have picked you up.” I told her, feeling a little worried. “Who is with you?” I ask.

“I did plan on going home but I came across Jiho so I hung out with him and stayed.” she explains. “I didn’t want to bother you because I know you're busy." she says.

Jiho. Why did he have to be around? Is he making his move? I grip the steering wheel tighter, remembering the last time we saw each other and finding out he has a girlfriend.

“Dara-yah, I’m never too busy for you.” I tell her. “Next time, feel free to invite me. Okay?”

It took a couple of seconds before she replied. “Hyuk...can you come here? Please?”

There it goes again. Something in her voice telling me she needs me right now. She didn’t need to ask twice.

“Text me the address. I’ll be there in a few.” I replied.

 

 

Dara

 

Thank god for Hyukkie. I definitely believe that he’s someone sent from heaven to save me from embarrassing and awkward experiences.

I know I’m going to look weird since I decided to camp in the rest room until he tells me he’s here, but I can’t care much right now. What matters is keeping my distance from Jiho.

Speaking of the devil…what’s up with that guy? I didn’t want to overthink his actions but I can’t help it. He was acting weird and it’s making me really uncomfortable.

A few girls came into the rest room so I scoot over to the corner to let them have the space. I didn’t think anyone would recognize me, but they did.

“Oh! Annyeonghaseyo seonbaenim!” they greeted, looking flustered by my presence.

They look familiar but I don’t know their names. I bow back at them as courtesy.

One girl probably noticed the confusion in my face so she volunteered to intr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter