Awkward Much Part 1

Half Moon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Dara

 

“Youngbae-yaaaaah! I hate you!” I scream at my phone.

This jerk promised to meet me here at the club for a party we got invited to, but he stood me up! He basically just said he has an emergency and that he can’t make it. No other explanation was given. So now, I’m alone in this party where I literally don’t know anybody and it . WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO IN A PLACE WHERE I DON'T KNOW ANYONE?? How am I supposed to enjoy myself? Not to mention this is one of those rare nights I have no schedule and I should be resting instead of partying, but since Youngbae asked me to come with him, I obliged. I also haven’t seen the guy in a while so I was excited to see him, but I was left hanging.

I am cooped up in a corner, trying not to look as lost as I am feeling. What a wasted night. I release a sigh and decided that it’s not too late to catch on some sleep. I was making my way to the exit when I heard someone calling for me.

“Dara! Dara sunbaenim!” called the voice. I turn my head from one side to the other, looking for the person shouting my name. Someone touches my elbow and I immediately turn around. A good looking guy with an excited smile welcomes me.

“Jiho-yah! I’m so glad you’re here!” I greet him and gave him a welcome hug. He immediately stiffened because of the skinship but I brushed it off. I’m just so thankful that I saw a familiar face and that this night won’t be as bad as I thought it would be.

I release him from the hug and he now has an awkward smile on his face. “Sorry.” I said with a sheepish grin. I swear, one of these days my impulses will get me in trouble.

He returns will an assuring look. “Oh no, it’s okay sunbaenim. I just didn’t expect you would be this happy to see me.” he says.

This boy is acting cute. “What do you mean? I’m always happy to see you. I might not give you a hug every time though.” I joke.

He laughs at that. “Why don’t we go to one of the VIP rooms and continue our conversation there?” he asks, leading me to the second floor of the club where it’s quieter.

We enter the room where a bunch of people are hanging out. Most of them I know the name and faces, but not formally introduced. All of these people belong to the music scene. A crowd I never hung out with before. I feel so out of my element, even though we belong to the same industry.

“Sunbaenim, you can sit here.” Jiho pats the seat beside him. Well, I am definitely not sitting anywhere far from him. He’s the only person I know here and I definitely look like fish out of water.

“I already told you to call me noona.” I remind him, while taking my place beside him.

“Well, I don’t really feel like calling you noona so I best stick with sunbaenim.” he tells me nonchalantly.

I shake my head at that. “Tsk tsk. You should be comfortable around me and call me noona. Both you and Hyuk should.” I reprimand.

I’m not sure if I saw his eye twitch or if it’s just my imagination. “Okay, I’ll call you noona.” he gives a resigned sigh.

 

 

Jiho

 

The moment he mentioned his name, I felt my eye twitch. I didn’t think she will be mentioning his name, but I should have expected it since I know they’ve also been talking. She’s with me right now. That’s what’s important.

I gave up and decided to ride the bandwagon and call her noona, even though I didn’t like it. I don’t want to be compared to Hyuk and if calling her noona makes her feel more comfortable with me, I’ll address her as noona.

She keeps fidgeting and I know this is because she’s nervous. Taeyang sunbaenim already warned me about this, but I still couldn’t understand why she feels this way. She’s freaking Sandara Park. If there’s anyone that should be nervous, it should be the people meeting her.

A round of introductions happened. Together with us in the room are a bunch of AOMG and 1llionaire guys along with their lady friends. All of them are quite surprised by her appearance but acted polite. I can tell the atmosphere is starting to get uncomfortable because they don’t know how to act around her. This shouldn’t go on for too long. I need to do something.

“Noona, what do you want to drink?” I ask her. Maybe a little bit of alcohol will calm her nerves.

“Maybe just Rum and Coke.” she answers. I’ve always pegged her to be more of a Cosmopolitan or Daiquiri girl. Something tells me this night is going to be interesting. I nod as confirmation that I got her order.

I stand up to get our drinks when I felt something pulling me back. I look behind me and saw her holding on to my shirt. “Please be quick.” she pleads.

My heart melted right there. She has no idea how adorable she looks right now, her lips even pouting a little. I give an assuring smile and squeeze her hand. “I’ll be back even before you know it.”

When she let me go, I immediately went to the bar situated at the other side of the floor. I order our drinks and it felt like hours before I got them. I went back as fast as I can, not paying mind to other people in this section.

The moment I got back to the room, my eyes zeroed in on her. She has her h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter