Making a Move

Half Moon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Jiho

 

“Isn’t it a little too early to be dating again?” Hyoseob asks me.

He’s been hanging around me for the past two weeks after Seolhyun and I broke up. Not a lot of people know about us so there aren’t a lot of people to console us. Not that I want to announce that I’m single again, or anything. And I still haven’t told Minho about what happened because he’s been avoiding me.

I told him everything. I got a few hits and a lot of scolding when I told him how long I’ve had feelings for someone else, even while I was with Seolhyun. I also had to convince him that I didn’t break up with Seolhyun because of that someone. I mean, our relationship was already dying even before I thought of going for Dara. I was just stupid enough to wait this long before breaking it off.

“It might be too early for you, but you know I’ve been waiting for this chance for so long.” I remind him.

The guy clicks his tongue at my reasoning. “Sure. You’ve been dying for this opportunity. But don’t you want to at least hold it off for a few months? What about Seolhyun? Don’t you think about how she will feel when she finds out?” he shakes his head, looking disappointed at my callousness.

“I’ve have been considering her happiness, which is why we lasted that long. But isn’t it time to consider mine? I mean, how long do I have to put if off for other people?” I counter.

He looks at me incredulously. “You dip. You didn’t do that for her happiness. You did it for you. If the relationship is as bad as you say it was, you shouldn’t have let it last long. Stop making excuses and placing the blame on other people. You did this for you because you didn’t want to feel alone.” he admonishes me.

He stands up, heading to the fridge for a new batch of alcohol. I haven’t gone out of my house since I became single because I wanted to avoid people seeing me like . I know I was the one who instigated the break up, but I’m not heartless to not feel bad about it. I was grateful enough for Hyoseob to be sticking with me while I get my together. He also made it a point to beat some sense into me while he’s at it.

He sits back beside me but doesn’t give me a share of the beer. It's obvious he’s annoyed. We’ve been going around this topic ever since I told him about my one-sided feelings for Dara and we still haven’t come up with an agreement of any sorts.

“I now get why Minho’s pissed at you.” he says. “I’d get

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter