A Step Closer

Half Moon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Hyuk

 

I keep on checking my phone every minute to see if she replied. It’s been two days but I’ve got nothing. It was my first official attempt to invite her out because last time I was too much of a pu$$y to be straight with her. I didn’t want to send multiple texts to confirm because that’ll only make me look desperate. That might turn her off.

Maybe she felt that I have an alternate motive so she purposefully did not reply to me? Maybe she’s now avoiding me because I’m getting too personal and she wants to draw the line? Or maybe she just doesn’t like me in any way? I admit, just thinking about it kinda discourages me. I’m really trying but she remains closed off. I wonder what else I can do to get close to her because so far, clearly nothing I’m doing is working.

The iKON boys are here in my studio and we’re working on arranging the song ‘It’s Love’. We’ve already spent the whole day and Bobby is working on his lyrics for the rap part. I been holding myself from asking them if she’s going to make it this time because I feel like last time was already awkward enough and I think this time it would better that we stick to what we’re supposed to do.

 

 

Evening came and I was ready to call it a night so we can all go and have dinner when someone rang my doorbell. I’m pretty sure I didn’t order delivery so I look back at the boys to see if any one of them did but they were busy trying to not look at me. Strange.

I open the door to a smiling Dara carrying bags of food along with a guy who I figured might be her manager. “Surprise!” she announces. Oh. My. God. She’s here!!!

I think I stood there for a few seconds because I couldn’t believe my eyes that she was standing before me. I felt someone push me aside so they can come in. I saw Junhoe giving me a knowing look. Man, I was caught! I was too dumbfounded to even offer to carry the bags of food they brought. I need to get a grip before I embarrass myself more.

The boys placed the food on the table and started arranging it. I felt out of place and didn’t know what to do. I might have forgotten that this studio is actually mine by the way they were acting. They were so at home.

“I think I brought all the food you requested.” Dara looks at the guys, while positioning herself to sit down on one of the couches.

“Noona, you didn’t say you’d be this late. We were already dying of hunger.” Donghyuk tells Dara while holding his stomach and pouting. This boy knows how to act cute, I tell you.

Wait. So they knew she was coming but didn’t tell me?! I find myself internally cringing while looking at the mess in my studio. I could’ve cleaned up!

Dara pinches DK’s cheek. “I’m sorry Dongaegyo. I had to drop by somewhere first before I could come here.”

“Is this the gimbap I was telling you about, noona?” Bobby inquires, surprised at what he found inside the bags of food.

Dara looked pleased that Bobby noticed. “Yeah. Jjangmae had to fall in line for 30 minutes for that one.”

“Noona, we didn’t ask for pizza. Is this why it took you so long?” Junhoe asks while opening the box and taking a peek of what’s inside.

“Ah…well…I heard Hyuk likes pizza so I bought some.” she looks at me shyly. “I hope you like it with pineapples.” she says, her eyes wanting confirmation.

I eat anything with pineapples, but even if I hated it, I’d still eat it because she brought it for me. Awww. How thoughtful of her. She really is sweet and nice like everybody says.

“I like pineapples. But now I think I love it.” I replied to her with an assuring smile. Too cheesy? Nah, don’t care.

“Ehem.” someone clears their throat, successfully diverting my attention from Dara who is starting to get red. I didn’t realize I was still standing so I quickly go to a vacant chair and sit down while getting a share of food on my plate.

 

Dara

 

This might be a bad idea. I mean, there’s no good reason to be doing this. I didn’t need to make such an effort to surprise him. I didn’t need to tell the boys to keep it a secret that I was coming. Why did I do all these things??

I’m not here for him. I’m here for the boys. I wanted to treat them because I know how hard they’ve been working since they debuted. But I wanted to thank him too for taking care of them, didn’t I?

Yeah, yeah. Keep making excuses for yourself Dara-yah. Why don’t you just admit that the reason why you’re here is to find out if Hyuk likes you, just like Chaerin said? Nothing wrong with that.

I was trying so bad to not look like I’m nervous, but I really am. I couldn’t even look at him. But he’s been staring at me this whole time. How can I eat if he’s staring at me? Gosh, I’m so hungry I can finish one roll of gimbap by myself, and then some. He needs to look away. Now!

I hear someone snickering. I look around and these boys are snickering at me. What the heck?!

“Noona, why aren’t you eating? Don’t you like the food?” DK asks me. I notice an underlying tone to his question but dismiss it.

“I’m actually not very hungry right now.” I pretend while taking a small bite off my pizza.

Junhoe snorts. “Doesn’t look that way, noona. You’re looking at that gimbap too longingly.”

“Dean hyung, please stop staring at noona so she can eat.” Jiwon calls Hyuk’s attention.

Hyuk gives an apologetic smile. “Am I making you feel uncomfortable, Dara-ssi? You can eat as normal. It’s not like I haven’t seen you eat before. I can remember how much you love food.” he says teasingly.

I make an internal face palm. I completely forgot he’s seen me eat before, and nobody gets in between me and my food. So why am I suddenly feeling conscious about this? Is this because of his comment about loving pineapples? Good thing I’m not blushing anymore.

I mentally cheer myself and go for it. I took a piece of gimbap and shove it in my mouth. I couldn’t help but close my eyes and whimper in delight when the flavor hit my palate. It’s sooo good. Now I know why Jiwon likes it so much.

I open my eyes to see the boys and Hyuk staring at me. I thought they wanted me to eat? Hyuk tries to stifle his smile but failing.

“Ahm…noona, can you not make that sound?” Jiwon asks, looking uncomfortable.

“What? I’m eating just like you asked me to.” I told them. I’m starting to get annoyed. I place another

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter