Error 404: Bro Code not found

Half Moon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Hyuk

 

Jiho and I are in the studio, making some finishing touches for my debut song. It’s doing really good and near perfect. I think we're a match made in music heaven. LOL. Cheesy.

We had to stall for a few weeks since he had to focus on SMTM with Minho. I can't tell you how proud of I am of them. I was a witness to how much stress Jiho and Minho went through. And the hate too. Respect to the winner, but Minho did better in my opinion. Of course, the good performance is also to be expected from Jiho. He isn’t ranked to be the top idol rapper and producer for nothing.

I think Jiho and I are even closer than before, which makes working together easier. Some say don't bring in friendship with business, but it's actually working like a charm for us. Ever since we got past that 'talk', the mood around us seems lighter, and the conversations easier. He still won't mention Dara when Minho's around, though. But baby steps, folks. Baby steps.

 

~~~FLASHBACK~~~

 

Silence fills the air. I know it was kinda rude the way I interrupted Jiho and Dara when they were speaking but I felt uncomfortable for some reason and felt I had to step in. Especially when I heard him asking for her number. I thought I had the advantage since he said he won’t be able to make it to her show, but I guess he isn’t giving up his chance easily.

I look over at Jiho, and he seems to be in deep thought. I leave him be, since I have some thinking of my own to do.

She takes over my thoughts immediately. I must admit, she has been doing that a lot lately. It's nothing bad. She's always a welcome distraction.

I find myself looking her up in youtube in my free time. There were a lot of times I was surprised about things I found out, from the random FAQs to her 'dirty little secrets', I think I know about her as much as any of her die hard fans. This teaches me not to underestimate the power of the fans and the media. You can almost literally find out everything about everyone in the internet. Heck, I even found some vids about myself I wasn’t aware of.

Fans are very observant, to the point that it’s becoming creepy and kind of bordering stalking. They literally catch and make a headline of everything. Don’t even get me started with those shipping vids. It’s amazing how they come up with those things, but it’s uncomfortable too. Dara has A LOT of them. Man, they ship her with EXO kids (yeah, even I think they’re too young for her), Kim Jaejoong, Lee Donghae and a whole list of other names. Let’s not forget G-Dragon and T.O.P. I wonder how they get along, knowing that other people want T.O.P for Dara instead of GD. They must be either really close to not care, or it’s all pretend. You’d be surprised how people really are when there are no cameras around.

The vids that I prefer are the ones who show her candid side. She really looks hella young for her age, I must admit. You also can’t deny she’s beautiful, no matter what angle. However, I’m not someone who’s into the physical features. And despite everything I've read or watched about her, I still want to know the real Sandara. Besides, the Golden Rule also says 'Never trust everything you see on the internet'. I take that to heart. I mean, a lot of people say she’s really nice and warm-hearted. But some also say she's slow and too timid. I’d rather find out for myself. There must be a reason why her dongsaengs like her so much, right? Based on what I’ve seen, and experienced so far.. I like it. I like her. Even though she’s weird. It’s actually her charm, I think. And when I found out she is also a cat person? I was sold.

 

Jiho says something that takes me out of my reverie. “Have you decided yet?” he asks.

I don’t understand his question since it came out of nowhere. “Decided on what?” I asked back.

He releases a sigh. “Now that you’ve seen her in person, do you still like her?” he asks impatiently.

Okay, what’s with the attitude all of a sudden? “What if I say yes?” I respond.

“Just remember...I liked her first.” Jiho declares, not looking at me. Is that supposed to be a warning?

“Doesn’t matter. You never made your move.” I respond, challenging him. Two can play this game.

He looks at me surprised. “What about bro code?” He asks.

His face made me chuckle. “Dude, that only counts if you approached her first. I would’ve willingly backed down if this were months before. You had all the chances. But you didn’t. So to be fair, it’s now a free for all.” I tell him.

I can see him from my peripheral view, clenching his jaw. Clearly, he didn’t like what I said. But I’m no pushover either. You see, when I make up my mind, I go all out. He’s my friend, of course. But some things are not worth giving up, even for the sake of friendship. I’ll somehow find a way to manage both.

“I guess it’s my fault for being a scaredy ca

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter