007

The Light to my Darkness [hiatus]

“You found your mate”

That was the first thing Sehun heard when he stepped into the pack house. He had just finished dropping Jinah off, well more like following her home (not in a creepy way). 

He was surprised that the older members hadn’t stayed at the bar.

The second he turned around, he saw 9 pairs of eyes staring at him. Making a face and not bothering to answer the question he asked, “What are you guys doing?”

“Waiting for you” answered Chanyeol winking.

“Why” asked Sehun bluntly.

“Oh come on, give us a lil love” said Baekhyun nudging Jongdae who nudged him back.

“So do you like her?” Asked Ji Ae directly who had her legs draped over Joonmyeon’s.

“Damn noona, always straight to the point” muttered Sehun.

“So are you in love now?” Asked Jongin plopping down next to Kyungsoo who was staring wide eyed at everyone as per usual.

“I don’t know” answered Sehun shrugging. “Aren’t I suppose to? I mean, she is my mate.”

“Oh my god, someone grab the tissues. Our baby Sehun is all grown up now” said Baekhyun dramatically pretending to wipe away tears from his eyes. 

“I can’t believe Sehun found his-“ before Minseok could finish, his mate’s voice interrupted.

“Who found what?” Asked Moonbyul walking into the pack house, immediately going over to her mate, giving him a kiss.

“Gross. Get a room” said Jongdae making fake gagging noises.

“tsk. You just don’t have a mate” said Moonbyul.

“Noona, did you have to mention that. Did you really have to rub it in my face?” Said Chanyeol holding his his chest as if he had gotten shot.

“You idiot” said Minseok hugging his mate’s waist.

“hyung! You’re suppose to be on my side!” argued Chanyeol. “Remember bros before hoes?”

“You started it” said Moonbyul shrugging.

“There there” said Jongdae giving Chanyeol a side hug.

“So who found what” asked Moonbyul turning her attention to the rest of the boys.

“Sehunfoundhismate” blurted Baekhyun which earned a glare from Sehun.

“WHAT” shouted Moonbyul eyes widening. Because of their werewolf hearing, everyone groaned at her loud pitch. “Sehunnie??”

“Yes noona” said Sehun. 

“Oh my god! Our Sehunnie is ALL grown up now” said Moonbyul. “I remember just yesterday you were just a little tiny pup going through puberty and had acne and-“

“Noona!” Said Sehun cutting Moonbyul off embarrassed.

“What” said Moonbyul. “I’m so happy for you Sehunnie! So when can I meet her?”

“I don’t know” said Sehun. “She’s human”

“Damn, I want to meet her even more” said Moonbyul putting her hands together.  

“No offense noona, but you might scare her” said Sehun earning a smack in the head from Moonbyul.

“How can you say that without blinking” said Moonbyul shaking her head. 

"I mean I don’t really know her either… I don’t know how to approach her with out scaring her” said Sehun bleakly.

“Sehun” said Joonmyeon. “Give it some time, take things slow. She’s human and she doesn’t know what’s going on with all the emotions she’s feeling. She doesn’t trust you yet, so just take it easy.”

“Easy for you to say” muttered Sehun.

“You can’t give up, and you definitely can’t let her go” said Minseok pitching in.

“She’s your mate Sehun” Yixing said pitching in. “She’s probably just being cautious so it will take some time for her to let her walls down.”

“She doesn’t know you. You just need to gain her trust.” Said Kyungsoo quietly.

“Wise words from the older members of the pack” said Chanyeol clapping his hands.

“You need to woo her and capture her heart!” Added Moonbyul enthusiastically. 

“And she’s cute” chirped Ji Ae. “i’ve known her for a little over a week and she herself doesn’t know that she’s cute”

“What does that even mean…” asked Jongin unable to understand Ji Ae’s babble.

“It just means she’s cute okay!” Sassed Ji Ae.

“Woah chillchillchill” said Jongin quickly putting his hands up in surreneder.

“that’s right” said Ji Ae crossing her arms as if she was a boss who had just won an investment.

“I’m heading to bed” said Sehun, mind overwhelmed with everything that had happened today.

With the chorus of goodnights, he headed towards the elevator in this apartment like pack house. Loosening his tie, he dropped back onto the bed, picturing Jinah’s face before slowly falling into a somber. 

-----

It had been a couple of days since Jinah had last seen Oh Sehun. His crew often stopped by the bar, often to make small talk with her whilst grabbing drinks. 

However, there was no butterfly feeling in her stomach that she had gotten when she made small glances at the tall man, when she talked to the boys. 

She wasn’t going to lie but she had more than once wondered where Sehun was these past few days. And today was no different. 

“The usual?” Asked Jinah.

“yes yes” said Chanyeol cheerfully. They had been coming almost every single day that Jinah couldn’t help but remember their orders. 

“Coming right up” said Jinah, hesitating whether or not to ask about him

Why am I so curious about him? I don’t even know him…

Shaking her head, Jinah headed over to the bar.

“2 Cosmopolitans, 2 Vodka Sunrises, and 1 Metropolis” said Jinah giving the order to Yoongi.

“oohhhhhh look at nana go” said Taehyung taking a seat on one of the stools making it spin. “Remembering your customer’s drinks. Fancy fancy.”

“They’ve been coming every single day,” said Jinah. “I would be stupid to not remember the pattern”

“not bad little one” said Seokjin pretending to be sophisticated. “We ought to start teaching you the basics of drink mixing”

“Really???” Said Jinah in shock. She’s always wanted to try actual bar tending. 

“Really” said Namjoon smiling his dimple smile. 

“hell ya” said Jinah throwing her fist up. “They’re always here…what do they do?”

“Own companies” said Yoongi mixing the drinks.

“Really” said Jinah. “Even Sehun?”

“why? Curious about him?” Asked Seokjin teasingly. 

“No, just casually wondering” said Jinah trying to play it cool, red slowly coming onto her cheeks. 

“Yes” said Seokjin answering Jinah’s question. “He owns Oh Enterprise. It’s quite big actually.”

“Oh, I see” said Jinah nodding, eyebrows creased.

“Do you like him?” Asked Taehyung showing his gummy smile.

““No!” Said Jinah flushed. She had not been expecting such an unexpected accusation thrown at her.

She quickly grabbed the drinks from Yoongi and walked to Exo’s table acting as if nothing had just happened, handing the drinks to the boys. 

Being the werewolves that they were, smiles grew on their faces hearing Jinah’s conversation with the guys.

“Sehun your girl’s asking for you” said Jongin in pack link.

“What” replying Sehun confused.

“She misses you!” Cheered Chanyeol.

“Shut up” muttered Sehun. "Can you not distract me while I'm working!"

“You’re blushing aren’t you” said Baekhyun.

“No I’m not!” Exclaimed Sehun.

“You totally am” teased Jongdae.

Not wanting to tolerate the older member’s teasing, Sehun cut off the pack link, turning back to his work. 

It had approximately been 3 days, 6 hours, 35 minutes, and 7 seconds since Sehun had last seen his mate’s face. And yes, he had been counting. 

Sehun had been stuck in his office the past few days fixing proposals and attending meetings. 

He missed her scent, the tropical mango smell that radiated from her petite body. He didn’t have her number, so he couldn’t even call her just to hear her voice.

Finally making a decision, Sehun shut off his computer, grabbed his jacket and walked out of his office.