006

The Light to my Darkness [hiatus]

Jinah stepped back into the bar acting as if nothing had happened, face still flushed from her interaction with Sehun.

She grabbed a few empty glasses from a now empty table, wiping down the table in the process. She could feel eyes on her back of her head as she continued to do her job.

Turning around, she saw that 9 pairs of eyes were on her, including Sehun’s, who had come back in without her noticing. Red rose to her cheeks as she gave them a little nod before going back to what she was doing. 

Jinah brought the empty glasses back to the bar where she handed them over to Jungkook.

“Why are they looking at me?” Whispered Jinah to Jungkook, not knowing that all the wolves at the bar could hear what she was saying.

“Just curious I guess” replied Jungkook playing it off nonchalantly. “we rarely hire new workers…well more like never. You’re the first.”

“It’s…creepy…” said Jinah. “Who are they anyways?”

“They’re in our alliance” chirped Taehyung smiling from ear to ear, earning a smack from Jungkook and a glare from Jimin. 

“Alliance?” Questioned Jinah tilting her head to the side.

“um…er… I mean they’re our friends. Yea friends” said Taehyung realizing his mistake, scratching the back of his head all while giving a sheepish look to the others. 

“i see…” said Jinah with one eyebrow raised suspiciously at the three youngest of the group. 

Before she could say anything else, she felt a tap on her shoulders. Turning around she found a boy with black hair in a messy combover that stood in front of her with a square shaped smile. 

“Hi! I’m Byun Baekhyun” he said energetically holding out his hand for her to shake.

“..hi.. I’m Lee Jinah” said Jinah taking his hand. A soft growl was heard between the two packs behind Baekhyun, making him smirk. 

“And I’m Park Chanyeol!” Said another guy waving from next to Baekhyun. He was taller than Baekhyun and had protruding ears, making him look like a puppy.

“Jinah” she said again. 

“That’s Minseok hyung, Joonmyeon hyung, Yixing hyung, Kyungsoo” said Baekhyun pointing at each one of the men sitting at the bar, each of them replying with a small wave.

“Jongdae, Jongin, and you already know our Sehun” finished Chanyeol. It was as if the two planned out their synchronization. 

“ Oh wow, that’s a lot of names to remember” said Jinah wide eyed. 

“It’s okay, you’ll be seeing us more often” winked Chanyeol causing Jinah to tilt her head in confusion. 

Why would I be seeing them more often?

“Because we’re friends with them” said Baekhyun pointing at Jin and Taehyung who were arguing about why and how drinks should be made with perfection.

“ah, right” said Jinah slightly grinning.

Baekhyun and Chanyeol started to chat loudly making Jinah zone out only to notice the Chinese member, Yixing, struggling with trying to order from Namjoon.

“Namjoon, don’t you get what I’m saying?” Asked Yixing. 

“I do and don’t Yixing hyung” replied Namjoon. “We don’t serve mekjolji here”

“How do I say this in Korean?” Muttered Yixing in Chinese. Hearing that, Jinah left Baekhyun and Chanyeol’s side and walked over to help a very distressed looking Yixing.

“What are you trying to say in Korean?” Asked Jinah in Chinese. Both Yixing and Namjoon looked at Jinah in shock.

“u-um” Yixing stuttered in shock. “I don’t know what the drink is called in Korean”

“He said he didn’t know what the drink is called” said Jinah looking at Namjoon who was still wide eyed. Namjoon knew Jinah spoke English, but her knowing Chinese was surprising to him.

Looking over to see what was going on, the other members were shocked to hear Jinah speaking in Chinese. 

“It’s white and taste kind of sweet” said Yixing in Chinese.

“Ah, you want makgeollie?” Asked Jinah.

“Oh right! That’s what it was called” said Yixing finally smiling. “namjoon can you get my a makgeollie?”

“Right away hyung” said Namjoon with a smile on his face. 

“You know Chinese?” Asked Yixing.

“Mm I’m half Chinese” said Jinah.

“Really? How old are you?” Asked Yixing. 

“22” replied Jinah.

“Then I’ll call you Mei Mei” said Yixing, which means younger sister in Chinese. 

“Ok then ge ge” smiled Jinah. 

“I like her” said Yixing through the pack link.

“Back off hyung. She’s mine” replied Sehun possessively. 

“Damn Hun, already getting possessive?” Jongin said teasing his best friend, sending Sehun a wink.

“Shut up” said Sehun slightly pouting.

The wolves continued to tease Sehun through their pack link.

“Alright Nana,” said Namjoon. “You can leave now”

“But it’s only 11, my shift ends at 1” said Jinah.

“It’s alright. There’s not many customers anyways.” Said Namjoon patting the girl on the head. “It’s late too and you live on the far end of the town."

“Alright if you say so, I’ll go get my things” said Jinah walking to the backroom, quickly changing into her sweatshirt and leggings that she came in, and walking out.

“Bye guys” said Jinah waving to the guys before turning to look at the new boys she had met all sitting at the bar. “it was nice meeting you”

“It was nice meeting you too Jinah-sshi” said Joonmyeon.

“Bye Nana!” 

“Bye Mei Mei”

“Be safe on your way home!”

With one last wave, Jinah walked out the front door and headed home. Sehun was about to go after her to make sure she made it home safely when he was suddenly grabbed by Chanyeol. 

“What hyung” said Sehun distressed. 

“You’re making it too obvious you idiot” said Chanyeol, knowing that Sehun was just about to stalk Jinah home, even when he had good intentions.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about” said Sehun feigning innocence. 

“Don’t act like we didn’t catch you staring at Jinah the whole night” said Minseok.

“it was 

Not wanting to argue with his hyungs nor miss Jinah, Sehun shrugged and made his way after Jinah.

-----

Jinah slowly made her way home kicking tiny pebbles, watching them roll across the street. 

She sighed. 

She thought back to everyone new she had met that evening. Her mind slowly recalled the man that had dragged her out of the bar, telling her to quit her job because of some that touched her . 

Oh Sehun.

She repeated his name over and over in her head as if getting familiar with it. She couldn’t help but to think back to his perfectly sculptured face. 

Jinah ruffled her hair in frustration. She shouldn’t be thinking about him that way. She had just met the guy and barely knew him. 

But for some reason her mind always led back to him. She didn’t know why but her heart felt a lot lighter compared to when she just moved to the town. 

Lost in her thoughts, Jinah almost missed her apartment. Shaking her head, she tried to get Sehun out of her mind as she walked up the entrance. 

Feeling as if she was being watched, Jinah turned around only to see nothing but the empty street and flickering lights. Shrugging she continued into the old building, climbing up the steps to her apartment. 

Sehun watched as Jinah walked into the entrance safely, lingering for a moment before turning his body around, walking back towards the direction of the bar. 

I can’t believe I finally found her…

But since she was human, he was going to have a hard time getting her to accept it. The pull would be there, but he would have to use the traditional human way of courting her. 

But Sehun was up for that challenge. He had waited years for this moment where he would finally find his mate and he was determined to make Jinah his. 

The worse thing that could happen would be her rejecting him. And Oh Sehun does not take ‘no' for an answer.