037

The Light to my Darkness [hiatus]

A/N: Surprise!!! Guess who's back? Sorry for the long wait my lovely subscribers (aka the 3 week hiatus). I had finals last week (which were successful!!!! I hope that if you had finals, you guys did well!), but I am now offically on a 3 week break! I'll be back to updating regularly and I would like to sincerely thank you guys for waiting for me. Thank you for the continuous support, especially the comments and upvotes. And i hope you enjoy the chapter!

xoxo

-----

“Here you go sweetie,” said Ji Ae, putting down a glass of hot chocolate on the living room table in front of Jinah. Moonbyul had her arm wrapped around Jinah, comforting the younger girl. 

Sehun had brought Jinah up to his room to change into something comfortable. And that something was his hoodie and a pair of his sweats. She knew that his scent would be the only thing that would be able to comfort her since he was away.

“How are you feeling?” Asked Moonbyul softly as Jinah reached out to grab the hot drink in front of her.

“I’m alright,” answered Jinah after she took a sip of the hot chocolate, taking in the delicious chocolate scent. “Just worried… and scared.”

“Sehun will be okay.” Said Ji Ae. “ He’s a big boy now who can take care of himself.”

“And Sehun’s one of the strongest fighter’s in the pack.” Added Moonbyul reassuringly. “And we all know he’ll do whatever it will take to make sure you’re safe.”

“She’s right.” Said Ji Ae nodding in agreement. “Even if we tell him to stop, he won’t because he’s a stubborn little pup.”

Jinah let out a small chuckle feeling a lot better, but she knew deep down inside there was still a heavy and uneasy feeling.

“When Minseok and Joonmyeon oppa go out for things like this do you guys get worried?” Asked Jinah looking at the two girls sitting next to her.

“Of course we get worried,” answered Ji Ae as she patted Jinah’s arm. “But we know they won’t do anything rash and they have each others’ backs.”

“I guess that makes sense…” muttered Jinah nodding her head.

“So rest assured sweetie,” reassured Moonbyul patting Jinah on the head.

“Now that we’re done with all the serious talking…Do you guys know what time it is?” Asked Ji Ae suddenly letting out a wide grin.

“What time?” Asked Jinah and Moonbyul not knowing what Ji Ae was up to.

“Korean drama time!” Shouted Ji Ae clapping her hands together as she reached for the remote control. “I can’t watch it when Joonmyeon is around because he gets jealous.”

“Jealous?” Repeated Jinah.

“Mhmm jealous,” said Moonbyul and Ji Ae at the same time looking at each other in agreement, making Jinah’s eyes widen at how in sync the two older girls were.

“Something about how we shouldn’t oogle at other men,” shrugged Ji Ae as she flipped through the channels.

“Right…so, what are we watching?” Asked Jinah.

“Yall need to get real comfy because we’re going on a ‘Descendants of the Sun’ marathon!” Said Ji Ae excitedly.

“Mr. Song Joongki?” Asked Jinah exploding with a smile on her face. She wasn’t going to deny that she had the biggest crush on the 30 year old actor.

“That’s right, Mr. Song to the freaking Joongki!” Said Ji Ae.

“Hell ya!” cheered Moonbyul pointing her finger up as if she was holding a gun. “Time for some yummy shirtless soldiers running around carrying guns.”

Jinah made herself comfortable as the first episode of the drama series started. With a pillow on her lap and her two girl friends on either side of her, she began to lose herself in the drama.

It really was a marathon. Episode after episode, the girls lost themselves in the world of korean dramas. It was almost midnight by the time they reached episode 4 and started getting sleepy. 

Jinah felt her eyes grow heavy and slowly droop down until she felt herself engulf into a peaceful sleep.

-----

Sehun stepped through the yellow tape that blocked off the opened door of Jinah’s now destroyed apartment. 

“You’re here?” Asked Jongin turning to look at his best friend.

“Hun-ah, you didn’t have to come back,” said Joonmyeon turning to look at Sehun.

“Yeah,” said Yixing agreeing. “You could have stayed back at home with Mei Mei.”

Sehun shook his head. “I’m going to catch those bastards with my own hands.”

Everyone nodded not wanting to challenge the youngest, knowing that Sehun was the most hard headed and stubborn out of the 9 of them.

Sehun walked on the glass spilled over the living room floor and made his way towards where a number of people stood, most of his pack included.

“Do we know who’s blood that’s on the walls?” Asked Sehun turning to look at one of his close friends/ ally and police, Jung Daehyun.

“Animal,” said Daehyun before lowering his voice. “But the thing is…it’s not just animal blood. There’s something mixed in there that we’re not sure what it is.”

“Silver?” Asked Baekhyun both unsure and bewildered. Last time he checked, there was no silver scent when he walked into the apartment building.

“We think so…” said Daehyun looking down at the blood on his gloved hand. “We still need to bring it back to the lab for tests to be sure. But if it is indeed silver, then that means they figured out a way to mask the pungent scent…”

“It’s becoming more and more dangerous…” said Joonmyeon. “They’re starting to create new methods to get to us.”

“But didn’t we have some sort of a peace agreement with their kind?” Asked Chanyeol looking serious.

“We do, but I don’t know why they decided to break it…” said Minseok.

“I don’t it’s safe for Jinah to live alone anymore, since they obviously know you guys are mates,” said Joonmyeon.

“I’ll talk to her about moving in with me,” muttered Sehun agreeing to his alpha. This was definitely not how he planned to ask Jinah to move in with him. But he wasn’t going to risk his mate’s life nor was he going to forgive himself if Jinah got hurt because of him.

“You found your mate?” Asked Daehyun, his eyes widening at the new found information.

“And you never introduced us?” Asked Yoo Youngjae, butting his head into the conversation.

“Yea, I did,” said Sehun giving them a small smile. “I’ll introduce her to you guys one day.”

“And that one day might be soon because we still need to get her statement.” Said Youngjae cleverly pointing at his police badge. 

“I guess so,” replied Sehun a little taken aback by Youngjae’s witty reply. 

Before anyone could say anything, a phone suddenly rang out loud. Their eyes immediately darted to the home phone that was still sitting on the broken living room table.

Joonmyeon brought his finger up to his lips, signaling for everyone to stay quiet before cautiously picking up the phone.

“Hello?” Answered Joonmyeon suspiciously.

“Like our surprise?” Asked a deep voice from the other side of the line.

“What do you guys ing want?” Asked Joonmyeon, his voice laced with anger.

“To destroy all of you,” said the voice. “To destroy everything you love and to ruin your lives, just like how you ruined ours.”

“Who are you working for?” Asked Joonmyeon murderously. 

“That’s for me to know, and for you to find out,” snicker the voice on the other end. “By the way, her face was priceless the moment she walked into the room.”

“Wha-“ Joonmyeon was cut off by Sehun’s loud voice.

“You ing leave my mate alone you filthy bloodsucker.” Yelled Sehun as he charged towards the phone only to be stopped by Jongin and Yixing whom immediately grabbed his arms.

“Now what fun would that be?” Sneered the voice. “She’s quite beautiful you know. I might just keep her for myself.”

“Not a ing chance.” Said Sehun as he struggled against s’ hold. Chanyeol and Baekhyun stood in front of him to prevent him from storming towards their alpha. “I’ll ing destroy you before you lay your dirty single hand on her.”

“We’ll see about that,” mocked the voice.

“Fat chance. We’re going to crush you and your plans before you even get the chance,” sneered Joonmyeon.

“Something worse will be coming and you little pups won’t even be prepared for it,” said the voice. Before anyone else could say anything, the line went dead.

“Hello? Hello?” Shouted Joonmyeon into the phone. He turned to Daehyun and Youngjae whom had heard everything. “Can you trace the phone number?”

“Of course,” said Daehyung immediately barking orders to a nearby officer who took the phone from Joonmyeon.

“What now?” Asked Chanyeol.

“We find them, and destroy them,” said Minseok simply.

“What did he even mean by us destroying their lives?” Asked Yixing.

“We’ve never even had any encounters with their kind before,” said Kyungsoo. “The last encounter was…hundreds of year ago.”

“Maybe something happened back then…?” Said Joonmyeon unsure. “We have to retrace our ancestors’ steps and figure out exactly why they’re coming after us now…”

Everyone nodded in agreement.

“The scary part of all of this is the fact that these pictures have been taken even before we all met Jinah,” said Jongin, turning to look at the pictures plastered all over the wall.

“They’ve been following us for some time,” muttered Kyungsoo.

“And not just you guys, there’s some of us in the photos too,” added Daehyun noticing his own face in one of the photos.

“How could we not notice them?” Asked Baekhyun. “Some of the photos were taken as close as a few feet away. We should have smelled them…”

“That’s the strange part of all this…” said Minseok before Joonmyeon added a chilling statement that seemed to make the room temperature drop.

“The fact that we’ve been stalked this whole time and we never once noticed them…”

-----

It was almost 12AM by the time Sehun arrived back at the pack house. Because the girls were left alone in the pack house, Joonmyeon, Minseok, and Sehun headed back earlier than the other members of the pack who were still investigating Jinah’s apartment. 

Sehun trailed behind the 2 oldest members of the pack as they made their way towards the living room, where the television can be heard.

“They’re asleep,” whispered Joonmyeon glancing at the three girls sleeping soundly on the couch.

“After watching…korean dramas…” muttered Minseok walking over to his mate before carefully taking the remote control from her hands, not wanting to wake her up. However, his plan was shattered when Moonbyul slowly stirred awake, stretching her hands into the air.

“When did you guys come back?” Asked Moonbyul sleepily.

“Just now,” said Minseok. “Did you guys have fun watching dramas?”

“Of course,”said Moonbyul standing up as she rubbed her tired eyes. “Who wouldn’t want to see cute shirtless men runni- I mean no we didn’t have fun…”

Moonbyul quickly covered as her eyes widened before turning to look at her mate who looked at her with raised eyebrows.

“If you’re jealous you lose…” Said Minseok inaudibly before quickly taking Moonbyul’s hand while muttering incoherent words under his breath, with jealousy oozing out from him. “Let’s just go to bed.”

“We’re going to head to bed too Sehun,” said Joonmyeon, lifting the sound asleep Ji Ae up into his arms, before making his way after Minseok.

Sehun sighed and walked up to his mate. Jinah was sound asleep with soft snores coming from her. He slowly slipped his arms around her and picked her up. Jinah stirred in her sleep, startled at the sudden movement and slowly fluttered open her eyes.

“Sehun?” Whispered Jinah groggily. 

“It’s just me,” answered Sehun giving Jinah a loving smile as he made his way to the elevator and up to his loft. “I’m just bringing you to my room. Go back to sleep babe.”

“mmm,” muttered Jinah, wanting to stay up but she immediately fell back asleep. Sehun chuckled at the adorable expression plastered on his mate’s face. He instantly felt all his fatigue and stress from the day disappear.

Sehun carefully walked into his loft and into his bedroom, where he cautiously placed Jinah on the bed, covering her in his blanket. Bending down, he gave her a small peck on the forehead and made his way to the other side, where he climbed into bed. 

He had debated whether or not to stay up and work, but decided against the idea due to everything that had happened the past few hours. All he wanted to do was to cuddle up next to his mate and know that she was safe and sound in his arms.

He placed his arm around Jinah’s waist and brought her close to him, where she unknowingly snuggled into his chest. Feeling his wolf purr in satisfaction and that he, himself, felt content, he slowly drifted off to sleep, his worries fading away.