025

The Light to my Darkness [hiatus]

A/N: So I usually don't write really long chapters, but as a reader, I know how frustrating it can get when the chapters are all short... which is partially my fault for writing such short chapters. So I hope you enjoy this longer chapter :) And should I go back and combine a couple chapters? Please let me know your thoughts and thank you so much for your lovely comments! Enjoy~

xoxo

-----

Jinah and Mark walked back into the restaurant and towards their large table. Jinah took a seat next to Sehun as he had purposely left it open for her to sit. 

“Are you okay?” Whispered Sehun quietly, turning to look at his mate who’s eyes were still a bit red. 

“I’m okay” said Jinah giving Sehun a smile as Sehun breathed a sigh in relief.

“I dont think we’ve introduced ourselves” said a voice coming from across the round table. They had basically just stuck two large round tables next to one another in order to fit everyone. Jinah looked up to see a man with a sharp gaze and piercings, hair styled to the side, similar to Mark and half the guys at the table. 

He introduced himself as Im Jaebum as the 5 other guys introduced themselves to Jinah happily. She smiled softly when she noticed how sweet and close Mark’s friends were with one another and with her friends. 

“And I’m sure you know Mark hyung” added Jaebum patting her best friend on the back. 

“Hello, I'm Lee Jinah, nice to meet you too” returned Jinah getting up from her seat and slightly bowing. 

“How do you two know each other?” Blurted Yugyeom who was sitting next to Jungkook. He had introduced himself as the youngest that didn’t seem like the youngest. 

“We were best friends back in LA” said Mark giving Jinah a wink, to which she returned with a smile. This did not get unnoticed by Sehun as he let out a low growl that only the wolves had heard. Mark turned to look at Sehun and slightly smirked. He had figured out that Sehun’s mate was indeed his best friend and was rather enjoying himself watching Sehun swarm with jealousy. 

“Our parents were friends” nodded Jinah.

As the conversation eased on, Taehyung let out a long sigh. 

“I still don’t get why we’re eating so early” grumbled Taehyung as he slouched down on the chair. It was currently 4 in the afternoon, and both Namjoon and Joonmyeon had suggested they eat and bond earlier.

“Because!” Hissed Namjoon throwing a piece of wrapper from his straw at the younger male. “The earlier we eat, the higher of the chance we run into the devil and his crew.”

“I swear you are the most immature man I have ever met” Jungkook shook his head in a disapproving manner.

“I don’t care!” Namjoon said desperately before pointing a some of the males at the table. “At least some of them agree with me”

Joonmyeon, Minseok, Bam Bam, Jackson, and Seokjin nodded their heads frantically, eagerly showing their support towards Namjoon’s words. It was mainly the older ones, with the exception of BamBam, that held a grudge against this Lee Jinki man while the others just went along with the flow. 

“Then at least we could go over our battle plans tonight with a full stomach” added Joonmyeon. Sehun shook his head as he questioned how Joonmyeon and Namjoon were the alphas of the packs. A true alpha and beta should be like Jaebum and Mark, both who displayed charisma and were not immature. Sehun shook his head deeply questioning the moon goddess’ decision. 

“No offence, but I would rather rest than figure out how to eliminate your enemies” Jimin commented earning glares from the older ones. 

“All offense taken!” Argued Namjoon dramatically. “Do you have any idea how much I hate him? And the fact that we’re both competing for the number 1 spot in the bar business just makes me absolutely loathe him!”

“And as allies- I mean friends, if they’re our friends enemies, they’re ours too!” Agreed Joonmyeon. Plus he held a grudge against Lee Jinki and his friends because someone from his crew, Kim Kibum, had hit on his mate in the past. Joonmyeon then turned to Jaebum. “Right Jaebum?”

“Huh? what? I mean right” Said Jaebum startled. 

“What kind of bull logic is that” scoffed Kyungsoo quietly and of course with their werewolf hearing, they had heard everything. 

“Shut up, we need to approach this strategically” exclaimed the eldest of the group, Minseok, slapping his hand onto Yixing’s lower arm, making the poor sheep jump in shock. 

“I don’t want to be a part of this illegal plan of murdering a person that hasn’t done anything wrong to me. I may be dumb cute but I have a reputation to keep up as the CEO of the amazing and great Byun Corporations” Baekhyun said as he shook his head. 

“More like dumb ugly” muttered Chanyeol earning a slap on the arm from the shorter man. “But I agree.”

“And I second, or third, maybe fourth? I don’t know but I secondthirdfourthfifth their words!” Added Jongdae in a determining tone. 

Minseok snorted and pointed at the trio with a raised eyebrow. “Since when were all your reputations any good?”

“Wow…hyung… that just hit me right in the heart…” said Chanyeol grabbing his chest. 

“So back to Taetae’s question-“

“Kim ing Jongin, if you utter another word, you’re sleeping outside” said Joonmyeon dead serious, with a hint of alpha tone. 

“I have my own room!” Argued Jongin, obviously not taking his alpha’s orders seriously. 

“Jongin!”

“Can I get seafood fried rice?”

“Taehyung, people are talking!”

“I don’t care I just want fried rice…”

“Moon Unnie, I heard there was a spa here”

“Babe really?”

“Really Ji Ae? Want to go tomorrow?”

“Well…don’t I feel ignored…”

“Agreed.”

“Oh hyung, if you’re getting a fried rice can we share?”

“Guys, calm-“ Jinyoung tried to calm everyone down, but couldn’t finish his sentence as the older ones continued to childishly argue with the younger ones.

“Sure Bam”

“Maybe I should get a cream pasta…”

“Baekhy-“

It was as if all hell had broken loose as everyone tried to talk over one another. I guess that’s what you get when you go on a trip with a bunch of guys. Jinah shook her head as she quietly watched on trying to piece together bits of conversation. 

“You’ll get use to it” Sehun said tiredly as he tried to zone out the voices, rubbing his head at the madness. 

“I hope so” mumbled Jinah. 

The argument continued on and it seemed like there was no ending to the dispute.

“Kim Namjoon, fancy meeting you here”

A voice rang out, immediately silencing the group. All heads turned towards the source of the voice and sure enough it was the devil himself and his crew. Based on some of their faces, Jinah could tell that the men they all hoped to avoid that night was standing right in front of them, smirks on their faces. 

Jinah glanced at her boss and saw that there was a strained smile plastered on his face. Some shot glares at the men while others zipped their mouths, gaping at the whole situation. 

“Lee Jinki, how long has it been” said Namjoon tensely. Jinah could almost see steam coming out from her boss’ ears.

“Not long enough” replied Jinki laughing as the 4 other men patted him on his back. 

“May I ask why you guys are here?” Asked Joonmyeon.

“Joonmyeon” greeted a guy with sharp eyes and blond hair before turning to look at Ji Ae, causing Joonmyeon to tighten his hold on his mate possessively. “I see you’re still with our lovely Ji Ae”

“Of course I am” replied Joonmyeon glaring at the man.

“Why can’t we be here? This is a public restaurant isn’t it?”Jinki intervened between the two glaring at one another. “I don’t see your names on here do we?”

“And I’m just assuming you guys just love eating early?” Said Minseok sarcastically. 

“We just love seeing your faces more” sneered the tallest male in the group. “And I see a new face…”

The man turned towards Jinah and started to walk towards her. Jinah was still too confused to react to any of the things that were going on between her friends and their enemies and before she knew it, the tall male was standing right behind her. Jinah felt Sehun stiffen besides her. 

The male bent down to look at her face. Shocked, she hurriedly grabbed onto Sehun’s hand, who’s face changed from glare into an expression of bewilderment. 

“The name’s Minho” stated the male gazing at her face. "And what’s your name pretty little thing?”

“And why do you need to know?” Retorted Jinah, gathering her confidence. From the second they had opened their mouths, Jinah already knew she wouldn’t like the men and totally understand why some of her friends didn’t like them. 

“So your ears could be blessed with how I say your name” winked Minho making Sehun’s blood boil inside. Jinah tightened her hold on Sehun’s hand, unknowingly slightly calming him down. “Say, what’s a pretty little thing like you hanging out with these cockheads?”

“None of your business of who I decide to hang out with because I can tell you that never in a million years would I want to hang out with an like you and your idiot friends” shot back Jinah. She didn’t know where her confidence came from since she wasn’t really the type to confront others. But she hated the fact that they were coming at her like she was piece of meat. 

“Feisty…I like it” smirked Minho, still clearly not getting the hint to back the up. 

“Can’t you see your making her uncomfortable?” Said Sehun speaking up, giving Minho a cold stare as if they could kill, colder than the ones his employees had witnessed daily. 

“And look who we have here…Oh Sehun, the famous CEO of Oh Corporations.” Smirked Minho turning to look at the fuming male. Sehun had stayed mutual before, however his hatred towards them immediately spiked up. 

Sehun said nothing as he continued to glare at the male. Minho turned his attention back to Jinah.

“Can I ask you to stop harassing my employee?” Namjoon spoke up with a strained voice preventing Minho from further talking to Jinah. 

“New employee?” Questioned a feminine looking guy. “You’ve never hired a new employee before…”

“Interesting. Why did you hire someone new?” asked Minho turning to look at Jinah once again.

Before anyone can say anything else, Mark spoke up.

“Why don’t you get the out of here before we you up” Mark added not liking the way the 5 guys were staring at his best friend. 

“And so the quiet one speaks” smirked the dinosaur looking male (based on Jinah’s judgement). 

“Come on guys, we’re wasting our time anyways” stated Jinki.

“But before we go…” Asked Minho looking Jinah square in the face. “Your number?”

“Never in a million years you ” scoffed Jinah glaring at the male who returned with a smile. Sehun smirked, proud that his mate had defended herself.

“Great sweetheart, keeps me anticipating for next time” he said before turning around, walking away with his group of friends. 

The table silently threw daggers at the group as they walk away. Now they understood why many members of their ally had hated them. Who knew humans could be such s.

“What a bunch of dickheads…” muttered Jinah looking up to find pairs of eyes stare at her in shock. Never in a million years had they imagined the sweet Jinah to have such vulgar language come out of . Jinah blinked at them innocently.“What?”

“How…I mean…what…” Baekhyun could barely mutter out the proper words as shocked filled his brain. 

Mark smiled at his best friend feeling a sense of pride. He always knew his best friend had that inside of her. It was just the matter of when she was going to erupt.

It was then when Jinah realized that her hands were still intertwined with Sehun’s. Red crept up to her cheeks and immediately let go of his hands.

“Sorry” said Jinah quickly.

“It’s alright” replied Sehun giving her a small smile as his wolf inside him whined at the loss of touch with his mate.

Jinah thought back to the men as her brain filled with a sense of distastefulness towards the 5 men as she spoke up while smirking.

“So…how about that battle plan?”

-----

“God, I’m exhausted” muttered Jinah giving her own shoulder a small massage. It was currently 11 at night as Sehun walked Jinah back to her room. The group had just finished their meeting discussing their “battle plan”

“You really used up a lot of energy back there” said Sehun grinning at the girl referring to when she argued with Jinki and his friends. He was still surprised at how feisty his mate could be, and not going to lie, that kind of turned him on.

“Shut up” scoffed Jinah punching him on the shoulder as they walked up to her door. “It was the first time I stood up for myself…”

“I’m proud of you” said Sehun patting his mate on the head. 

Jinah slid her room key in the slot as she added, “I guess I’ll see you tomorrow?”

The door clicked open and Jinah took a step into her room. However, a hand stopped her from moving forward.

“Wait a second…” muttered Sehun taking a deep breath.

“Huh?” Questioned Jinah turning around to look at the male.

“You still owe me a date remember?”