024

The Light to my Darkness [hiatus]

A/N: You guys totally make my day with your nice and loving comments!! I don't know what I did to deserve all this, but thank you guys so much <3 Please continue comment and upvote.

I love you guys and enjoy the chapter <3

xoxo

-----

Sehun and Jinah walked towards the group who stood to the side of the lobby with a very pacy Joonmyeon and Namjoon. 

“Where the hell is Byun Baekhyun, and Park Chanyeol?” Asked Joonmyeon in disbelief. It had been 10 minutes after the time they were suppose to meet up.

“And where is Kim Taehyung and Jung Jungkook?” Added Namjoon. 

“We’re here!” Shouted Baekhyun from behind, followed by the three others.

“What took you guys so long?” Asked Minseok immpatiently.

“We were… yea… you know what” replied Taehyung giving his signature grin that feigned innocence. 

“We were just exploring our rooms” grinned Baekhyun with both his arms around Jungkook and Taehyung’s shoulders since Chanyeol was too tall for him.

“Explore what?”asked Minseok in frustration. “Our rooms are all the same!”

“Woah…we did not know that” said Jungkook putting a hand on his chest with a fake shocked expression on his face. 

Minseok sighed for the nth time wanting to say something but couldn’t form words in his mouth. 

“You know what… never mind” muttered Minseok.

“Oouuhhh is our hyung hungry?” Asked Chanyeol putting his arm around their oldest member. 

Minseok gave the tall smiley giant a glare and elbowed his abdomen.

“Chillchillchill” laughed Chanyeol, patting Minseok on the head. “We’ll get you something to eat soon!”

As the group started walking towards the restaurant on the other side of the hotel, Jinah stopped in her tracks.

“Hold on,” Jinah said grabbing Sehun’s elbow and bending down. “I have something in my boot…”

Sehun let out a small chuckle as he waited for his mate to finish.

“Done?” Asked Sehun as Jinah stood up.

“Mhm” nodded Jinah. The two continued to make their way after the group, noticing they had stopped a bit farther down a hallway in front of the restaurant. “What are they doing…?

There were handshakes going around, along with hugs. A group of handsome young men were greeting her friends as if they were pretty close. They were wearing casual clothes, just like her friends were, but had a chic aura around them. If she had thought their group was pretty big already, the new additions made them seem like a crowd. However one man stood out from the crowd. 

Brown hair was styled down and slightly parted, framing an innocent looking face along with a laugh that she almost immediately recognized. He was standing out no because he was tall but because of his baby face despite being a couple years older than Jinah. 

Jinah stopped in her tracks, eyes widening in realization. Sehun turned to look at his mate who had her eyes widened in shock. 

“Tuan?”

-----

“Did you get shorter?” Asked the male squinting to look at her followed by a tilt in his head. 

“I haven’t seen you in forever and that’s the first thing you say to me?” Scoffed Jinah, elbowing the male in the abdomen. 

“Still as violent as ever” groaned the male. The two looked at one another and let out a laugh. Jinah smiled nostalgically as the breeze gently rustled through her hair. She turned to look at the male who smiled as their eyes met and soon after was pulled into an embrace. She was instantly hit with his scent as she buried her nose into his chest smiling as she felt his hand pat her head. 

“I missed your scent” muttered Jinah looking up at Mark.

Mark Tuan was one of Jinah’s closest friends back when they were in the states despite being 4 years older than her. The two had basically grown up with one another, his parents being close with her parents. However, she had lost touch with him after he had moved out. Their relationship was so close that Mark would be the first to know everything about Jinah, both the good and the bad. 

“Glad you still remember me” Mark said returning a soft smile. 

“Of course I remember you, you doofus” chuckled Jinah giving him a small nudge. “You’re my best friend, how could I forget you.”

“I didn’t know you moved here… I’m assuming you’re the new waitress and friend of them” said Mark pointing at the huge group shooting curious stares at the two…, well 23 curious stares and 1 glare. They were at the restaurant, where they had conjoined multiple tables together in order to eat all together and Mark had pulled Jinah over to the balcony to have a little chat. 

“I didn’t know you were here too” shot back Jinah. Mark brought his hands up surrendering, causing Jinah to chuckle before quietly adding “I moved here about 2 months ago…”

“Why…did you move here?” Asked Mark cautiously. 

“It got worse” replied Jinah sounding broken. He knew she was talking about the bullying which made him tighten his fists at the thought of his best friend hurt. 

Since they practically grew up with one another before he moved at the age of 19, he knew her better than she did. He knew that she wasn’t the type to speak her mind thus he knew that she would cry herself to sleep on many nights. Before he had left, it had gotten to the point where she began to harm herself and break down. He knew when she was hiding new wounds and when she cried. 

He just knew.

“And I guess cheating is just something that just comes and goes…”

“What kind of bastard…” muttered Mark completely loss from words, eyes shooting daggers at the railing in front of him. 

“He stood up for me when I was being tormented by everyone at school” continued Jinah. “And then it turns out to be a stupid bet with his friends who humiliated me in front of everyone.”

Mark said nothing as Jinah told him what had happened. A heavy feeling surrounded his heart as he felt guilty for making her put up with all that alone. He regretted the fact that he had to leave her, but it was for the sake of his wolf and him reuniting with his pack. 

“So I left” finished Jinah as tears started to fall from her eyes one by one, trailing the side of her face. 

“Shhh, I am so proud of you” Mark said as he quickly embraced his best friend, patting her back as he felt her tears slowly soak through his shirt. He was glad she hadn’t done anything stupid to herself and was thankful she had just left.

“I’m so naive and stupid” muttered Jinah through the tears, against his chest. 

“Hey, look at me” said Mark pushing her body, making her face him. “It’s not your fault, it’s never your fault.”

He rubbed her back as her sobs turned into little sniffles.

“So where is that bastard…he needs a good beating and I swear I will send someone on his ing ” said Mark threatening. Jinah let out a laugh when she heard Mark’s suggestion. 

“I’m pretty sure murder is illegal in every part of the world” Jinah replied shaking her head at her best friend.

“Who said anything about murder…I can just make him…simply…I don’t know…disappear…?” Mark let out a wide grin making Jinah roll her eyes. The atmosphere was still heavy, but his jokes made Jinah feel a whole lot better. And she was glad she was able to let it all out especially to someone like Mark. 

“What are you even doing here?” Asked Jinah pointing at the male besides her.

“Vice President of a friend’s company got to attend this convention” replied Mark. 

“Ah” gaped Jinah looking at Mark wiggling her eyebrows. “How impressive…Our Yi En has achieved such greatness”

Mark nudged her elbow, feeling relieved that Jinah was smiling again.

“We should go back, they’ve been staring at us for the past 15 minutes” said Mark feeling all 24 pairs of eyes on his back. Right when he turned around, the 24 pairs of eyes quickly removed their stares, pretending they were looking somewhere but at them.

Jinah nodded as she quickly wiped away her wet cheeks and turned to look at Mark.

“Do I look okay?” Asked Jinah worried about her makeup possibly smudging. 

“Always” replied Mark giving her small smile of reassurance as they made their way back to the table. 

-----

“What are they saying?” Asked Baekhyun straining his werewolf hearing, trying to listen to what Jinah and Mark were saying. 

“I don’t know…” muttered Yixing tilting his head. 

“I don’t understand anything they’re saying…is this an alien language?” Asked Chanyeol frustrated that he couldn’t hear the juice.

“It’s because they’re speaking in English you idiot” said Kyungsoo whacking the back of Chanyeol’s head making the taller man groan. 

“Jackson hyung go!” Shouted Taehyung causing everyone to give the smiling boy a glare because of how loud he was.

“I’m trying to” said Jackson using his whole body to lean in.

“Can you even understand it?” Asked Yugyeom sassily. 

Jackson turned around, giving the younger male the middle finger. 

“I guess that answers your question” laughed Jungkook making fun of his close friend. 

“She’s saying something about best friend…a boy…” Jackson could only pick up part of the conversation since Jinah and Mark were pretty far from the table. 

“Wait…I didn’t know Mark hyung knew Nana…” questioned Jimin. Everyone else was equally as surprised that the two knew each other. 

“I didn’t even know Mark had friends outside of us…” said Seokjin dissing his friend causing everyone to laugh.

“She’s your mate isn’t she hyung?” Asked Bam Bam suddenly causing Sehun to break his glare, I mean stare at his mate’s back. 

“I mean you’ve been glaring at Mark hyung’s back for every second they’ve been out there” stated Youngjae factually.

“You’re basically glaring a hole into his back” added Jinyoung.

“Yea, she is” said Sehun softly. 

“You found your mate???” Asked Jaebum looking at him with wide eyes.

“And you didn’t tell us hyung?” Asked Yugyeom in bewilderment with a hurt expression on his face.

“I was…today… okay” replied Sehun rolling his eyes. 

“Wait!” Whisper shouted Jackson who was still focused on Jinah and Mark as he cut Sehun off. “She’s crying…”

Everyone’s head turned as they saw Jinah wipe away her tears and Mark bringing the girl into an embrace, slowly rubbing her back.

Sehun’s mind began to swirl with mixed feelings. On one hand he was slightly jealous, that Mark had embraced his mate and seemed really close with her. However, the fact that his mate was crying broke him even more. He was worried and concern yet heartbroken because of her tears.

The group stared on but was soon engulfed chaos.

“They’re coming back!” Whisper shouted Hoseok, turning back around, acting as if nothing had happened. The rest followed in suit pretending they were occupied with something else.

“Abort mission abort mission!”