023

The Light to my Darkness [hiatus]

A/N: Happy Halloween :) Thank you for the kind comments and thoughts. I really love reading them and please continue to comment. P.S Thank you guys so much for the many upvotes <3

Enjoy the chapter!

xoxo

-----

“Beautiful isn’t it?”

Jinah jumped up slightly when a sudden voice appeared right next to her. She clasped her hand over her heart as her head turned to give the person a glare. Her face fell into surprise as soon as her eyes laid on Sehun, who was standing next to her tall and proud while she was still bent down. The wind was slightly blowing, making his short but styled hair sway slightly. 

Jinah let out a small smile right as his face turned to look at hers, taking her breath away. His piercing brown eyes gazed down at her with a strong yet soft look. 

“It really is…” muttered Jinah turning her gaze back towards the sparkling ocean. There were kids running around the beach splashing water at each other and couples walking side by side holding hands, families sitting spread out on towels and pets running around freely. 

Jinah felt movement besides her as Sehun squatted down next to her, leg slightly touching hers, making her heart beat faster. 

“It’s even more beautiful at night when the sun sets” said Sehun softly.

“Do you come here a lot?” Asked Jinah playing with the sand. 

“At least once a year” replied Sehun. He saw that Jinah had her head tilted to the side before quickly adding, “for the convention, I mean.”

“I absolutely love the beach” whispered Jinah completely in love with the scene in from of her. The comment was meant for herself but Sehun, being right next to her and having heightened hearing, had heard it all. 

“Did you come to the beach often…with your family?” Asked Sehun cauciously.

“Once in a while” Jinah slowly began to reminisce the times she had gone to the beach with her family. Now that she thought about it, she dearly missed her family. Although they called, she missed their presence, their loudness. “There was this beach we would often go to. There were less people which was why my dad loved it so much…and there was this Korean seafood restaurant that we would eat at every single time… and order the same spicy fish stew.”

Sehun turned to look at his mate. Her gaze wasn’t her usual sparkly gaze he was use to; instead, there was a sense of longing and sadness hidden her smile. 

“KIDS GET YOUR ASSES BACK HERE” shouted Joonmyeon, breaking the solemn atmosphere between the two. Jinah stood up and dusted off her hands to get rid of the sand stuck in her hands. Sehun stood up soon after and swiftly grabbed Jinah’s hand causing her eyes to widen. 

“Wh-“ 

Jinah was cut off when Sehun grabbed a napkin from the inside of his bomber jacket and started wiping her hands. 

“Oh” teased Jinah gawking impressively at how prepared and meticulous Sehun was. “You have a lot sense”

Jinah completely forgot about their conversation from earlier as her thoughts began filling up with Sehun. 

And just Sehun.

How could someone be as kind and caring as he had been to her since they first met? Sometimes she wondered if this was all just a dream, that when she woke up he would be gone. Being the oblivious person that she was, she never caught the hints her friends gave her nor did she catch the signs Sehun threw at her. 

“Of course, how can I not bring tissue when I know this was bound to happen” muttered Sehun as he finished wiping the sand off her hands. He knew his mate was just a tad bit careless. Just a tad.

Jinah playfully glared at Sehun taking her hands back giving him a small pout. Sehun chuckled as the two made their way back to the group.

-----

“Okay guys, we’ve made the rooming arrangement” called out Namjoon for the group’s attention. He was standing next to Joonmyeon who had a bunch of room cards in his hands.

Ever since they had stepped into the hotel, eyes would not leave them. Of course that was given since there were famous CEOs, companies, and well, Jinah wasn’t going to deny that the boys were pretty handsome themselves. 

“You guys basically have your own rooms” said Joonmyeon handing put the key cards. He was planning to share a room with his mate Ji Ae while Minseok was sharing with Moonbyul both wanting to be with their mates. 

“Then what arrangement was made?” Blurted Baekhyun earning an annoyed glare from both Joonmyeon and Namjoon. He quickly raised his hands in surrender. “Woah there, I was just asking…”

“The arrangement” grunted Joonmyeon. “Is that we’re meeting down here in 30 minutes.”

The group groaned in unison.

“We’re doing group bonding later over dinner!” Grinned Namjoon showing off his two dimples. 

More groans were heard making everyone in the hotel lobby to look over once again. Quickly, everyone straightened their backs, feeling self conscious about maintaining their images since they were pretty well known. 

“Come on, I’ll help you with your things” said Sehun grabbing Jinah’s attention.

“But you have your own things?” Asked Jinah bewildered. “How are you going to carry all that?”

“You see this? “ Sehun brought his arms up into a flexing position, winking. “All muscle baby”

Jinah groaned, slapping the back of her hand against his abdomen softly. 

“Woman! You are so violent!” Said Sehun with wide eyes, pretending that her slap had hurt.

“yea, what good use of muscle” scoffed Jinah pulling her suitcase after her, leaving her duffle bag with Sehun who also had his own suitcase. 

“Again, I don’t even know why you need all this…” muttered Sehun following after his mate. 

“Remember! 30 minutes!” Shouted Joonmyeon.

-----

The two arrived on the 5th floor. It was just a coincidence that their rooms were right next to one another on the same floor. Coincidence? Not really. Sehun knew the two alphas had planned it out, purposely making both their rooms next to one another. 

Jinah took a deep breath before sliding her card in the slot, making a click noise, unlocking the door.

“Wow” muttered Jinah amazed at how spacious her room was. Forgetting that Sehun was behind her, she dropped her purse on the ground before running to the wide bed and throwing her body on top of it. 

Sehun let out an amused breath and followed behind his mate. He picked up her purse and set it on a table, along with her duffle bag. He brought his gaze to his mate who had her hair sprawled out on the bed and a small grin on her face, making him chuckle.

“You like it that much?” Asked Sehun.

“Mmmm” Mumbled Jinah sitting up. “I really like it”

Sehun chuckled at his cute mate who sat there bouncing up and down on the bed. Jinah had her eyes wide open taking a full look at the room. It was a simple hotel room, with white bed sheets, a flat screen TV, and a spacious bathroom. Looking to her left, instead of a solid wall, there was a giant glass window with a door leading out to the balcony.

“I sweat this room is bigger than my apartment” muttered Jinah still bouncing up and down on the bed.

Sehun gently gazed at his mate, with a childish expression plastered on her face, taking the whole room in. He was glad she got to experience this.

“I’m going to go drop this off in my room and come back to get you” said Sehun finally. 

Jinah nodded as Sehun left with his suitcase. He turned around to see his mate, face glued to the window, cupping her hands around her eyes looking outside. 

His mate never failed to amuse him.