022

The Light to my Darkness [hiatus]

“I’m coming!” shouted Jinah running over to the door, tripping over her own feet. She didn’t even have to look through the peep hole to know who it was. “Morning!”

“You ready?” Asked Sehun looking up from his phone. Jinah was still in her pajamas, which consisted of a long sleeved collared flannel and pajama shorts and her hair was still in a messy bun that she had worn to sleep. “Or not…”

“Come in” said Jinah gesturing for the male to come into her house. Although Jinah still felt her heartbeat quicken and a warm sensation around Sehun, she tried to play it off cool, not wanting to be so obvious at her growing crush on the CEO. 

On the other hand, Sehun was quick to notice her constant blushing and the quickening of her heartbeat. He too, however, played it off cooly. 

“You just woke up didn’t you?” Asked Sehun slipping his shoes off, knowing his mate’s personality pretty well now. She was always the last minute type of girl. 

Jinah gave him a sheepish smile before running back to her vanity table where her makeup was displayed messily all over the table. 

Lee Jinah was also not really the type to stay organized.

“At least I have all my bags packed?” Said Jinah poking at her eyebrows, dipping her brush into the powder and filling in the gaps, followed by an eyebrow pencil to make the hairs look more define. 

Reality check. 

Not everyone was born with perfect eyebrows and how Jinah truly wished she could’ve been an exception. The world was just unfair that way. 

Sehun took a seat on the couch and glanced at her bags. She had packed a suitcase and a duffle bag.

The days had flown by quickly, with Jinah preoccupied with learning how to make drinks (she sort of got it down), and Sehun making sure his company would do well without him physically there. His vice president would be in charge, as it has been every single year. And today was the day they were going to the convention which was being held at a resort by the beach in Busan, a coastal city.

“Isn’t this a bit too much?” Questioned Sehun tilting his head. “Are you planning to migrate or something?”

Jinah turned around and glared at the male. “I’m a girl, what do you expect?”

“True…I didn’t expect anything from you anyways after the drink you made that almost killed me…” muttered Sehun.

“Hey!” Shouted Jinah, throwing a beauty blender at him hitting him on the side of his face. “It wasn’t that bad

Sehun threw Jinah a look and raised his eyebrows, hand holding onto the “sponge” seemingly amazed at how squishy it was.

“okay fine it was pretty bad…” muttered Jinah going back to her eye, using her full concentration on the wing of her eyeliner. Sehun pouted, not getting the full attention from his mate.

“Why don’t you just go like this?” Asked Sehun looking at his mate. Maybe it was because he was biased, but although she was in her pajamas and her hair was messy, he still thought she looked beautiful. He didn’t understand why she was trying to look all fancy. 

“You” said Jinah turning around, pointing a brush at him and playfully glaring. “Ask to many questions.”

Jinah turned back around, now putting a little bit of lipstick on her lips, creating a gradient look. 

“Well, you don’t really answer my questions” grinned Sehun. 

Jinah rolled her eyes, grabbing her hair tie, and letting her hair fall down. They were in uneven waves, the type you would get when you left your hair in a bun for hours. 

Another reality check, your hair doesn’t fall down in perfect waves after undoing a bun like they do in movies. 

It wasn’t like Sehun was standing directly behind Jinah, but when Jinah had let down her hair, a waft of tropical mangoes attacked Sehun. Inside, his wolf began to stir in pleasure and Sehun was having trouble suppressing him. 

Sehun had been around his mate for quite a long time now, however the mate pull was slowly starting to become unbearable. He would have to tell her soon and mark her. 

Lost in his thoughts, Jinah finished straightening her hair, unplugging the flat iron and ran to where her closet was. 

“How do I look?” Asked Jinah walking out of the closet. She was wearing a tight black crop tee with high waisted jean shorts, along with a thin white and black checkered flannel just in case it was chilly .

Sehun looked up, absolutely stunned. He had barely seen Jinah in casual clothing, since he would only see her in her bar waitress attire. The one thing, well more like two things,  he didn’t like was the fact that her shorts were too short and her top showed off a bit of her stomach area. 

He slightly growled inside his head when his thoughts drifted to how many males were going to be at the convention. Some of the packs from the alliance were going to be there, which didn’t make him worry as much, however it was the other people that were going that agitated him. 

“You look great” said Sehun as he swallowed a lump in his throat. Jinah had been too busy getting ready that she didn’t notice how good he looked. Sehun was also in casual attire. He was wearing a white tee tucked into black skinny jeans, that had rips in them and a black bomber jacket. 

“You too” smiled Jinah, praying that her blush was evident on her face. “I think I’m ready”

Jinah quickly ran back to her vanity table, packing up all her makeup, throwing them in a pouch. She also grabbed her flat iron and threw it into the duffle bag making Sehun give her yet another look.

“Ok, now I’m ready.” Smiled Jinah.

“Are you sure?” Asked Sehun.

“I’m ready okay!” Replied Jinah grabbing her purse while Sehun grabbed her suitcase and duffle. “Is it too heavy? I can carry…”

Sehun waved his mate off. As if he, a werewolf, couldn’t simply handle a suitcase and duffle bag. 

Jinah slipped on a pair of low cut heeled boots making her at least two inches taller but still a head shorter than Sehun. 

“What did you even eat to be this tall” muttered Jinah shutting her apartment door behind her, making sure it was locked. 

“Good genes”

-----

Jinah stretched her arms as she walked out of the van, legs sore from sitting down for around 3 hours. Jinah and Sehun had met up with the rest of team in front of Sehun’s house, both Bangtan and Sehun’s friends as they decided to split into two vans. 

Thinking that since she was going on a trip with a bunch of famous rich CEOs, Jinah simply assumed they were going to go all out and have a limousine or something to take them. 

Nope. 

It was a van. 

Two vans cramped with 9 people in each and was self driven. But at least it was fun. 

Jinah breathed in the Busan air that surrounded her as they filled her lungs. It was so much fresher than the air in the city but not as fresh as the air in the forest where they lived. A warm breeze caressed her face, making her thank the gods it wasn’t as cold as it was back in their tiny little town. 

Baekhyun’s laughter broke Jinah out of her thoughts as she turned to look at the excited boy, along with another tall giant with a goofy smile plastered on his face, run towards the sand on the beach right outside of their resort where the convention was going to take place. 

Taehyung wasn’t far behind them, snapping pictures with his new camera that he got on his birthday at the scenery in front of him. Joonmyeon and Namjoon let out a loud sigh as they yelled for the three to come back and act like the adults that they were, in which they obviously didn’t listen to.

Jinah slowly followed along behind the boys and giggled when she bent down, feeling the warm sand against her palm. A small smile erupted on her face when she heard the sound of waves crashing against the shore. The sound immediately took her back to her home in the states.

“Beautiful isn’t it?”