020

The Light to my Darkness [hiatus]

“Shut up, you guys talk way too much”

Sehun had gone to the first floor after freshening up in Jongin’s room, leaving Jinah to shower and get ready in his room. 

As soon as he stepped foot in the dining room where breakfast, well lunch was ready, the pack immediately pounced on him, bombarding him with questions. 

“We’re just curious” said Baekhyun slightly pouting. 

“Don’t do that” muttered Chanyeol looking disgusted pointing at his best friend’s pouted lip. “It doesn’t suit you at all…”

“Why hmmm hmmm” Baekhyun stood in front of Chanyeol and purposely pouted. Chanyeol groaned and pushed Baekhyun’s face away, making gaggin noises as if he was about to throw up his lunch.

“Yall are quite intrusive for something that doesn’t involve you” Sehun said rolling his eyes.

“Well,” sighed Baekhyun dramatically, “Are we not a pack? Are we not family? I watched you grow up Hunnie…I even changed your diapers!”

“…you’re 3 years older than me hyung…” said Sehun. 

“Woah woah, who said I didn’t change any diapers when you were 2 and I was 5” said Baekhyun shrugging confidently.

“that’s because you didn’t” said Yixing rolling his eyes putting his hand on Baekhyun’s neck.

“Sometimes I forget Baekhyun is older than Sehun…” muttered Minseok. 

“Hey! What’s that suppose to mean?!” Asked Baekhyun directing the question to the eldest.

“It means I’m more mature than you” replied Sehun speaking up throwing a tongue out, contradicting his own words. Baekhyun mumbled incoherent words under his breath as Jongdae patted his back 

“Anyways, weren’t you two awfully cuddly in there” coughed Jongin smirking bringing the topic back to what everyone saw that morning.

Sehun glared at his best friend flipping his middle finger which his best friend gladly took. 

It was then when Jinah stepped into the room. 

“Good morning - ah, I mean afternoon” corrected Jinah remembering that it was almost 3 in the afternoon. 

Sehun had given her another pair of his clothes, this time one of his favorite crewnecks, along with a pair of basketball shorts. Her small figure made his clothes look oversized on her yet (and maybe Sehun was biased), they fitted her incredibly well.

“Hey Nana!” Greeted a couple of voices.

“Well, we’ll leave you two alone…we all ate already” said Joonmyeon, giving the others a look, hinting for them to leave the two alone. 

This was one of the only time Sehun thanked his pack members in his head for giving him the privacy he needed.

“Are you hungry?” Asked Sehun.

“A little bit…” Jinah’s statement was just an understatement. Right as she replied, her stomach growled loudly. Jinah held her stomach in embarrassment as Sehun chuckled. 

“I’ll take that as yes I am very hungry” joked Sehun pointing to the dining room table. “m’ lady, let’s eat”

Sehun pulled out a chair and gestured Jinah to sit down. 

“Why thank you my kind sir… what a gentleman” said Jinah playfully curtsying. 

“the pleasure is all mine” replied Sehun as he took a bow playing along with Jinah making her giggle. He walked into the kitchen to get plates and utensils, setting them in front of Jinah as he took a seat in front of her. 

Grabbing a spoon, Jinah took a sip of the soup. Immediately a rich flavor filled as her eyes widened.

“This is so good” said Jinah with her eyes wide open slightly dancing her seat. “Kyungsoo oppa made this?”

She gestured Sehun to try the soup to which Sehun nodded in agreement. He placed food on her plate as Jinah continued to eat.

“Thank you” said Jinah grinning at the male across from her.

“Eat more” said Sehun encouraging her. 

The two ate surprisingly not in completely silence but with small talk here and there. 

Sehun had finished before her and set his chopsticks down before gazing at his mate. Through his observations, he had picked up her little habits here and there. 

He noticed that whenever she ate something to her liking, she would do a little dance in her seat, looking more like shaking and swaying than dancing. He also noticed that based on her facial expressions, it was clear what she liked and disliked, making it easy for him to read her. 

Not noticing his stares, Jinah continued to eat. Jinah didn’t know why but she was very hungry. And therefore, she ate and ate and ate. 

Finally setting down her chopsticks, she looked up to see Sehun with both his elbows on the table, face settled on his hands, as he gazed at her. Immediately becoming self conscious, she realized how much she had eaten. She didn’t know what had gotten into her, especially since she had not been meaning to eat this much. 

“I think I ate it all” said Jinah pointing at the almost empty dishes.

“Aniya” denied Sehun giving Jinah a soft smile. “You should eat more anyways, you’re thin.”

His words made her swoon just a bit just as she returned the smile.

“I should go home soon” said Jinah wiping her lips on a napkin. 

“I’ll take you home” offered Sehun. “You don’t know the way anyways.”

She was about to deny his offer but then realized that he was right. She was brought over while she was unconscious, therefore she didn’t know the way.

“thank you, I keep bothering you these days…” muttered Jinah. 

“You’re not bothering me” denied Sehun. “It puts my heart at ease to know that you’re safe.”

He had a way with words that made Jinah completely want to fall for him. Red rose to her cheeks as she played with her fingers shyly.

“Shall we go?” Asked Sehun standing up. 

“Wait!” Said Jinah collecting the dishes from the dining room table. “Let me do the dishes!”

Sehun quickly took the dishes from her hands. “You’re our guest, you shouldn’t be doing the dishes.”

“But-“ Jinah tried to argue back but was cut of by Sehun. 

“Come on, I’ll take you home.”