016

The Light to my Darkness [hiatus]

Jongin tilted his head in confusion as he heard Sehun’s car roll into their driveway. He wasn’t expecting the youngest one to be home at all tonight since Sehun had said he would be staying at his office. 

The others had heard it too and as Jongin went to go see what was going on, he was  soon greeted by Sehun who was carrying his still damp mate bridal style, leaving small puddles of water trailing after him. 

“Guys?” Jongin called out questioning. 

The others looked up from what they were doing and their eyes widened as they noticed Jinah passed out in Sehun’s arms.

Immediately, Minseok and Yixing leaped out of their seats helping Sehun move Jinah to the couch. Joonmyeon immediately barked orders for towels and the heater to be . The wolves instantly sprang into action, bringing towels and other essentials to help defrost the unconscious girl.

“What happened?” Asked a worried Minseok. Every single wolf in the room was equally as concerned because they considered each other’s mates to be a part of their family. 

“Who is she?” Asked Moonbyul peering over her mate, Minseok’s, shoulder.

“His mate” said Yixing simply. 

Moonbyul gasped, quickly pushing her mate and the surrounding wolves aside, trying to get a better look at the human girl. Her skin was still pale from the cold and her hair was still damp, slightly damping the towel beneath her head with water. 

“She’s so pretty” whispered Moonbyul careful not disturb the girl. 

“Wait but why is Mei Mei like that?” Asked Yixing pointing at her unconscious figure. 

“Her stubborn wouldn’t accept any of Bangtan’s offer for a ride home and tried to fight her way through the storm.” Muttered Sehun using a towel to wipe Jinah’s arms down. “I didn’t know where else to take her so I brought her here.”

“Good decision, now I can finally meet her!” Chirped Moonbyul still staring at the girl.

Sehun rolled his eyes at the older woman, “You’re going to scare her when she wakes up noona.”

Before Moonbyul could protest, Sehun gently picked Jinah up, wrapping the towels and blanket around her. 

“I’ll bring her up to my room” said Sehun as the others moved out of the way to let the youngest through. 

“Our maknae is all grown up now” said Moonbyul wiping away a fake tear from her eye proceeding to look at the others. “I’m so excited for another girl to be around here! … but when will the rest of you grow up?”

“Hey!” Shouted a bunch of voices. 

“For your information noona, I am a grown MAN!” Exclaimed Baekhyun slightly offended that he was grouped with the other single males whilst flexing his arm to prove his point.

“Yea, a MAN who still sleeps with his Winnie the Pooh blanket” interrupted Chanyeol teasing his friend. 

“Oh come here you! Don’t you dare insult my pooh bear!” Shouted Baekhyun as he started to chase the taller male around the living room. 

The others shook their heads and one by one, left to follow Sehun up to his room. Why? Because they were simply curious. 

-----

Sehun gently placed Jinah on his bed. He put his hand on her forehead, feeling the warmth slowly return to her body. Her cheeks were back to being the rosey pink and her lips were not the pale blue color that they were when he had first found her.

Why are you so stubborn? Don’t you know how much I worry about you? But then again, I can never stay mad at you…

Lost in his thoughts, he hadn’t realized a trail of wolves sneaking into his room behind him. It was until he sniffed the air that he noticed 9 pairs of eyes burning through the back of his skull. 

Sehun sighed. “You guys can come in you know.”

-----

Jinah mumbled incoherent words as she blinked her eyes and began adjusting to the light. She rubbed her eyes and groaned at the headache pounding in her head. As soon as her eyes adjusted to the brightness, Jinah’s eyes widened in shock as 9 pairs of eyes stared down at her.

“What the !” Shouted Jinah in English throwing the blanket over her head quickly before slowly revealing only her eyes. 

Jinah blinked once.

The 9 pairs of eyes blinked once too.

Jinah blinked twice.

They followed in suit and blinked twice. 

“…where am I?” Mumbled Jinah. 

“You’re at my house” answered Sehun who was leaning on the door frame, arms crossed over his chest. “I told you guys you would scare her if you just stare at her like that.”

It was then Jinah realized that surrounding her were Sehun’s friends she had met a few times prior. Before Jinah could say anything, a girl with light brown hair with a hint of silver jumped up in front of her.

“Hi! I’m Moonbyul. It’s so nice to finally meet you!” She said smiling with a slight crinkle in her nose. “I’ve heard so much about you from Seh-“

Sehun quickly cleared his throat to prevent Moonbyul from spilling anything.

“Hun…and the boys of course!” She added quickly giving Sehun a quick glare behind her back. 

“Nice to meet you too” introduced Jinah shyly. 

“Awww, you’re so pretty and cute! No wonder Seh-“ she was once again cut off by Sehun’s throat clearing.

“Noona! You’re overwhelming her.” Said Sehun quickly preventing the older girl from talking. 

“You’re younger than Sehun right? That means I’m older than you too! You can call me unnie” said Moonbyul. “Especially since you’re basically family now!”

“Family?” Asked Jinah looking confused.

“Chagiya, you’re going to scare her” said Minseok quickly wrapping his arm around Moonbyul as Sehun gave the eldest a look urging him to calm his mate down.

“Neh, unnie” smiling at the older girl who squealed in joy. “But… why am I in your house?”

“You got sick from the storm and fainted Mei Mei” said Yixing. The rest nodded their heads in unison. 

“Why didn’t you grab a ride from Seokjin hyung when he offered?” Nagged Sehun with his arms still crossed just as Jinah slowly sat up. “If I didn’t find you you would still be laying on the ground in the storm!”

Jinah blinked as she remembered trudging through the storm, hearing Sehun’s voice, and finally her legs giving out from beneath her. 

Everyone watched their exchange in silence before Moonbyul broke it. 

“Naggy isn’t he?” Which immediately earned a nod from Jinah.

“Super naggy.” Replied Jinah agreeing with her new friend.

“Boys” shrugged Moonbyul then pointed at Minseok. “This one’s a pouter.”

“Hey! What’s wrong with me?” Asked Minseok pointing at himself.

Jinah giggled just as the door bursted open revealing a frantic looking Ji Ae. Ji Ae looked around spotting Jinah and immediately stormed over to her side.

“Oh my gosh are you okay Nana???” Asked Ji Ae, pushing through the crowd of wolves much to their dismay. She lifted Jinah’s two legs and arms to check if anything was broken.

“unnie…Unnie!” Shouted Jinah trying to get Ji Ae’s attention. “I’m fine!”

“She’s fine” said Joonmyeon wrapping his arm around her shoulders. 

“You don’t know how worried I was!!” Sighed Ji Ae finally calm after seeing Jinah fine. “the boys were worried too, I’ll call them to tell them you’re okay.”

“Okay okay. Now that you know she’s okay, leave.” Demanded Sehun. 

“Rude??” Said Chanyeol.

“he just wants some alone time with her if you know what I mean” winked Baekhyun earning a smack on the head from Sehun. “Ouch!”

“Serves you right idiot” muttered Ji Ae high fiving Moonbyul. 

“I’m hurt! It’s as if everyone’s out to get me!” Said Baekhyun being dramatic.

“Because we are” answered Ji Ae.

“She should wash up and change” said Sehun cutting the conversation off whilst glaring at Baekhyun and Chanyeol who continued to tease Sehun. 

“We’ll leave” said Joonmyeon with Ji Ae hand in hand in tow. 

“Come down when you’re ready!” Said Ji Ae following Joonmyeon.

“See you later!” Said Moonbyul tugging Minseok’s arm. 

One by one the wolves left telling her that they’ll see her later, leaving Sehun and Jinah alone in his room.

With nobody but just the two of them in the room, it was a lot quieter and peaceful. Jinah took a look at his room. It was a big bedroom with simple black and white interior. She had noticed that the bed framing was black while the bed itself was white along with the blankets and pillow. 

A flat screen TV lay in front of the bed that sat on a set of black drawers that complemented the white wall. 

His bedroom led to two sets of double doors that both remained open. Jinah peered inside the first set and noticed that it was a small office area, with a black desk and leather chair surrounded by a white rug. 

Through the other set, she saw that there was a walk in closet and another door that led to the bathroom. Jinah looked around in awe as she thought about how luxurious Sehun’s room was.

Lost in her thoughts, she had not even noticed Sehun walk into his closet, grabbing a sweatshirt for her to change into.

“You should change into this before you get sick” Sehun said breaking Jinah out of her thoughts. 

“Oh right, thanks” muttered Jinah taking the sweatshirt from him. She headed through the closet and into the bathroom where she shut the door behind with a click. 

Sehun stared at the door where his mate was changing and dropped down on his bed, which now smelled like his mate. 

His eyes widened as he heard the shower turn on at the thought of his mate showering.

IN HIS ROOM.

He shook his head throwing out all the rated thoughts as his wolf was fighting the urge to rip the door open. He quickly breathed in his mate’s scent and buried his head into the pillow.

‘Mark her’ taunted his wolf.

‘I’m not going to mark her…She’s human. I can’t do that to her…Not just yet!’

If he hadn’t felt the pull before, he definitely felt it now.