015

The Light to my Darkness [hiatus]

Sehun sat at his desk shaking his leg in distress. The past few days, Sehun barely made time to take Jinah to work and back. 

Although he loved the idea of getting closer to his mate, being the CEO of a company kept him busy at all times, making it impossible for him to arrange the date he had gotten his mate to agree upon. 

Today was no different. Meetings after meetings, Sehun finally had time to take a breather. He had texted Jinah earlier that he wouldn’t be able to take her home tonight, and immediately regretted his decision because that meant he couldn’t see her face until the next morning. 

He took a look outside at the howling wind and fierce rain. It was currently 1:03 am, around the time Jinah got off work. He tried to focus on the documents he needed to look over but his mind kept wandering back to his mate, wondering if she had gotten home safely. 

His head suddenly jerked up as thunder echoed loudly through the sky followed by a flash of lightning. Sehun frowned as he noticed the rain getting heavier and the wind blowing harsher. 

Eyes widening in shock and realization, his mind wrapped around the fact that his mate could potentially be stuck in this weather and he swore he didn’t see her carry an umbrella with her this morning.

And if he had learned anything about her in the short period time that he’s known her, it was the fact that she was incredibly stubborn and she wouldn’t have wanted to bother anyone else for a ride.

Quickly dialing her number, he tapped his leg with anxiety only to be directed to voicemail.

“why wont she answer the god damn phone” muttered Sehun under his breath, slamming his phone down onto the desk. And with his werewolf strength, it was surprising that his phone nor his desk shattered. 

With his heart filled with unease, Sehun bolted out of his seat, grabbing his jacket from behind and ran out of his office.

-----

“I’m going to go!” Chirped Jinah waving goodbye to her friends. The second she finished her sentence, Jinah sneezed 3 times consecutively. It was obvious that she was coming down with something and with the weather being so bipolar lately, it definitely was not in her favor. 

“Are you sure you don’t need that ride?” Asked Jungkook worriedly patting the girl on the back as her sneeze was followed by coughs. “You’re coming down with something too.”

“Let me just take you home” Seokjin continued to add being the mother figure that he was. “The storm is directly hitting us.”

“No its fine. No need to bother!” Jinah quickly declined their offer not wanting to be a burden. She already felt bad having Sehun drop her off and pick her up every single day. “I live really close to her so I’ll just sprint.”

“Are you sure?” Asked Seokjin. 

“I’m sure. I’ll see you guys tomorrow” said Jinah opening the door only to feel a gust of wind slam against her tiny frame. 

The wind was howling nonstop and rain was pouring so heavily that you couldn’t even see one feet ahead of you.

“Alright! Stay safe Nana!” Shouted Taehyung.

“Text us when you get home!” Added Ji Ae. 

Their voices were immediately swallowed by the howling wind and the loud pitter patter of the rain. 

Taking a deep breath, Jinah walked out from under the eave of the roof and was immediately drenched in rain. Cursing herself for forgetting to bring an umbrella, Jinah trudged on fighting the opposing wind and rain. 

And it was such a coincidence that the wind and rain was going the exact opposite of the way she was heading, making it a lot more difficult for her to walk.

She hugged her arms to her body, trying to keep her body warmth in, but after a few minutes of walking, it wasn’t any help since her whole body was already drenched. 

Teeth clattering, Jinah slowly made her way towards the direction of her apartment building  ignoring the fact that she was shivering every step of the way. 

Immediately regretting her decision, which had been happening quite a few times lately, Jinah definitely wished she should’ve taken that ride offer from Seokjin and Jungkook.

-----

Sehun stopped his car in front Club Bangtan and quickly ran out of his car, shielding his head from the rain. He had continuously tried to call Jinah as he sped across the city and into the small town, surprisingly hadn’t been stopped by police at least once. 

“Is Jinah here?” Asked Sehun the minute he pushed the bar doors open, catching his breath. 

“No?” Answered Namjoon questioning. “She left a couple of minutes ago…”

“” muttered Sehun before immediately bolting out of the bar, leaving the others with heads tilted to the side and confused looks on their faces. 

Getting back into his car, Sehun started the engine with no hesitation and sped off towards the direction of her home. 

As he got closer to Jinah’s apartment, Sehun slowed his engine, eyes darting back and forth, scanning the streets. At this rate, he was positive she would’ve been drenched in freezing cold rain water trying to fight against the wind. 

Just as he was about to drive further down the street, he spotted a tiny figure trudging slowly through the storm. Rubbing his eyes, Sehun immediately confirmed that the figure was indeed his mate.

He inwardly thanked the gods they gave werewolves better vision because if he wasn’t a wolf, he couldn’t have seen anything past one feet even with his tail lights on.

Grabbing his umbrella from the passenger seat, he bolted out the door only to be hit by the scent of tropical mangos. Oh yea, this was definitely his mate. 

He saw his mate drenched in rain water, shivering while wrapping her arms around her body seemingly to keep her body warmth in. Her backpack, equally as drenched, was slightly dragging her down. 

“Jinah!” Shouted Sehun trying to get her attention over the howling wind and rain. Jinah slowly turned around, a pounding headache forming in her head. She had no strength in her to answer the man as he finally stood in front of her shielding her already drenched body from the rain. 

“What are you doing?! Why didn’t you ask them for a ride?!”

She tried to look up into his eyes, but the minute she tilted her head up, she felt her head spin, making her sway dizzily. Sehun immediately grabbed onto her, using his armpit to hold up the umbrella, surprised at how cold her body was. 

He brought one hand to her face and cupped it. Rubbing his thumb on her cheek, Jinah immediately felt warmth and snuggled into his hand, a satisfying sigh coming out of . 

Her eyes were barely holding themselves open as the headache pounded in her head. It felt as if someone was inside her head, trying to punch their way out. Before Sehun could do anything, Jinah’s eyes closed off into darkness as her body slumped against Sehun’s. 

“Jinah!” Shouted Sehun again slightly shaking her slumped body. Sehun immediately picked Jinah up bridal style and ran to his car, plopping her into the passenger seat. 

Quickly running over to the drivers side, he took off his jacket and placed it over her body. Turning on the engine, Sehun cranked the heat to the highest level, trying to bring her body temperature back. 

He immediately sped through the streets racing back to the pack house. He weaved through the streets but made she he wasn’t making sudden stops so her body wouldn’t jerk forward. 

His mate was officially going to be the death of him.