011

The Light to my Darkness [hiatus]

Once Sehun had warned the pack about the vampire through the pack link, they immediately left the bar, much to Bangtan and Ji Ae’s shock, which Jonnmyeon had said he would explain after they closed the bar for the night, and ran over to the alley. 

They had noticed a figure lying on the ground with a small pool of blood still gushing out from his stomach and checked if the vampire was still breathing because of how badly Sehun seemed to had beaten him up. 

“I’m surprised he’s still alive” joked Baekhyun. “Our maknae really ed him up…”

“So…who’s going to carry him?”asked Kyungsoo.

“Not it” chorused a bunch of voices with a finger on their nose.

“You idiots” mutter Kyungsoo. “Rock paper scissors”

“Pft, as if your idea was any better” said Chanyeol before backing off with his hands up as Kyungsoo gave him a glare. “I mean nothing.”

“…” Joonmyeon, Yixing, and Minseok glanced at one another as they watched the younger ones decide who was going to carry the vampire.

“rock paper scissors”

Baekhyun grunted as everyone put out a rock and him scissors, immediately realizing he had lost. “Dammit, now I’m going to smell like a ing bloodsucker.”

“Sounds like a personal problem to me” giggled Jongdae as Chanyeol ran in circles around the group pumping a fist up in the air.

The group headed back towards the pack house with a grunting Baekhyun muttering curse words in the back. 

“Can’t I just drag him?” Asked Baekhyun feeling the weight of the vampire on his back. It was as if he was carrying a dead body.

“No”

“Blood will get on the ground and that’ll be even more suspicious.”

“And you call yourself a man?”

Poor Baekhyun was getting attacked left and right.

“I’m bigger than you!” Shouted Baekhyun pointing down at his pants. “You little piece of disrespectful !”

He ran after Jongin who was the one that said the last comment. And of course he couldn’t get far because of the body he was carrying.

“Loser!”

“Just you wait till I get my hands on you!”

-----

Sehun felt the grim atmosphere as he walked through the front door. All eyes turned to look at him as if he had just disrupted a meeting. 

“What?” Asked Sehun grabbing a seat at the dining room table with Baekhyun to his right and Jongin to his left wondering why they were all staring at him. 

I mean, he did not just fight off a vampire who tried to attack his mate. He didn’t just come into the room with a Pororo bandaid on his face.

“Awwww did our Sehunnie get a oo?” Asked  Baekhyun pinching Sehun’s other uninjured cheek.

“What do you mean” said a very annoyed Sehun trying to shrug Baekhyun’s hand off him

“hmm well I don’t know, maybe that big bright yellow Pororo on your cheek?” Said Jongin bursting out laughing. Eyes widened, Sehun touched the place where Jinah had put the bandaid and groaned. His mental note obviously long forgotten while he was with his mate.

God damn it. My mate will be the death of me.

Still keeping the bandaid on his cheek, he ignored ’s giggles. What were they…little teenage girls? Even Kyungsoo, who usually kept his cool had trouble not smiling. 

The pack had to admit, Sehun’s little mate had slowly began to change Sehun since the day he laid eyes on her, not in a bad way but in a good way.

“Aren’t we here to discuss something important?” Asked Sehun.

“Oh right” said Joonmyeon scratching his head, taking his eyes off of Sehun’s bandaid.

“hyung…you’re our leader right?” Asked Jongdae who ed his head forward as if expecting a hit, which he did indeed get. 

“Anyway…let’s talk about what happened today” said Joonmyeon. 

“Those damn bloodsuckers” said Chanyeol gritting his teeth.

“What should we do with that er” said Jongin clearly disgusted.

“Where did you put him?”asked Sehun.

“We locked him up” replied Minseok. “still unconscious”

“The one thing that I’m wondering is why did he suddenly show up?” Asked Yixing. “Like why now? And why Mei mei?”

“I don’t know” muttered Sehun. “He went after her neck”

“Was he just about to feast then?” Asked Minseok. “That can't be right. We haven’t seen them around for years.”

Sehun grunted at the thought of his mate almost getting bit by the disgusting bloodsucker. Jongin patted his friend on the back as if attempting to calm Sehun down.

“Minseok hyung’s right” said Joonmyeon. “Why did he show up?”

“Well, we won’t know until he wakes up” said Yixing.

“What should we do with him?” Asked Baekhyun.

“I guess we wait till he wakes up to see if he’ll say anything” said Jonnmyeon. As soon as he finished his sentence, Ji Ae walked through the door with Bangtan following behind.

“Why did you guys leave all of a sudden?” Asked Ji Ae taking a seat on Joonmyeon’s chair as he scooted over for her.

“Isn’t that seat a bit small for you two?” Asked Jongdae pointing at the seat. “Poor chair.”

“Well, would you rather me sit on my baby’s lap?” Asked Ji Ae giving Jongdae an unimpressed face.

“nono continue on” said Jongdae quickly.

“Too late” said Ji Ae as she scooted onto Joonmyeon’s lap as he wrapped his arm around her waist, making the guys groan. 

“You idiot” groaned Chanyeol pushing Jongdae who almost fell off his seat. 

“So why’d you guys rush out?” Asked Taehyung walking over to sit on Baekhyun’s lap, copying Ji Ae who sent who sent the younger male a glare. Taehyung, unfazed by the glare, his tongue out at her

“Bloodsucker on our territory” answered Joonmyeon.

 Silence filled the room as shock spread like a wildfire.

“Why would they be on our territory?” Asked Namjoon being the first one to break the silence.

“That’s what we’re trying to figure out” said Minseok. “Why would a bloodsucker suddenly appear out of no where?”

“And he was about to attack Jinah” muttered Kyungsoo.

“What?” Shouted the boys.

“How is she? Is she okay?” Asked Ji Ae worried about the younger girl.”
“She’s fine, Sehun found her before he did anything” said Jongin clasping Sehun on the back. 

“Thank goodness” said Ji Ae sighing in relief.

“Did she see you hyung?” Asked Jimin.

“No she didn’t. She had her eyes closed the whole time so when I pulled out my claws she didn’t see them” replied Sehun. 

“She must’ve been so scared” muttered Jungkook. 

“Where is he now? I’m gonna teach this mother er a lesson.” Said Taehyung standing up pounding his fist into his hand acting as if he was about beat someone up.

“He’s locked up” said Baekhyun putting a hand on Taehyun’s shoulder pulling him back down. “And besides, I’m pretty sure Sehun ed him up pretty badly already.”

“We had to check if the er was still breathing when we found him” said Chanyeol chuckling.

“What’s with that bandaid though” laughed Ji Ae pointing at Sehun’s face.

“Aish noona!” Said Sehun covering the bandaid with his hand.

“His girl put that on him” teased Jongdae. “Our boy is whipped!”

“I am not!” Argued Sehun.

“W-H-I-P-P-E-D whipped!” Spelled out Chanyeol, making Sehun redden.

“Shut up. Just wait till you idiots find your mates” muttered Sehun almost forming a half pout with his lips. 

“ujujuj” said Baekhyun patting the boy on his causing Sehun to glare at the older male.

“Oh right” said Joonmyeon. He pulled out a small clear plastic bag which contained the knife the vampire had on him. A strong scent of silver radiated from the bag making all the wolves nauseous. 

“Ah hyung what is that” groaned Yoongi taking a step back.

“That’s the knife he attacked me with” said Sehun. “I don’t know how he got it but it was coated with silver.”

“hence why your wounds are still there” finished Seokjin. Sehun nodded.

“odd…” muttered Joonmyeon. “Where would he have gotten this? Yixing, can you trace where he got this from?”

“Neh hyung” said Yixing. 

“Keep it in the bag or wrap it with another one. Be careful with it” said Joonmyeon.

“I’ll help him” said Namjoon. Both Yixing and Namjoon were brainiacs and were excellent when it came to tracking things down. 

The two left the room followed by Kyungsoo and Yoongi who were also pretty good with computers. 

“Go wash up whipped boy” said Jongdae covering his nose with a hand. “You smell.”

Sehun glared at the man before getting up, leaving the room to wash up.

That night, Sehun laid on his bed before thinking back to Jinah. He never wanted his mate to experience that ever again and he was going to do his best to protect her. 

Whatever it takes…for my mate.