Joon- Something

REFLECTION: The Story of Nora & Joon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Nora Jackson wasn't anything like I had expected her to be. She wasn't entitled, condescending or stuck up. She was inquisitive, energetic, friendly. But more importantly she was unapologetically herself.

Maybe that was due to the fact that she was drunk though.

We had been in the same music history class since the fall and I couldn't help myself watching her. I'm sure it had to do with the fact that she was absolutely gorgeous. But more than that it was the way she seemed totally disconnected from everything. She would enter class at the last minute every day, saunter pass everyone without a single glance spared, and drop down into her seat behind me. The few times I had been brave enough to look behind me she had her head pillowed in her arms atop her desk. We'd never spoken a word to each other, I didn't even think her eyes had rested on me once, so you can imagine my surprise to find her staring down at me tonight.

My roommate Shawn had convinced me to come to this party tonight when all I wanted to do was stay in our apartment. Huge parties like this wasn't my thing, but for some reason I'd let him convince me to make an appearance, only to get tired of it all and escape to the garden. I'd had a feeling this was what would happen so I had come prepared with one of my favorite novels, Demian.

I chuckled thinking about how Nora's nose had crinkled in confusion while I admitted to reading for entertainment.

I glanced over at her in the passenger seat of my beatup second hand car. She looked lovely in a dark yellow sweater that didn't fully cover her stomach, her tan toned belly on display. Her black skirt was on the super short side of the spectrum and I couldn't help remembering that I knew she was wearing red underneath. I felt my face get hot and knew that I was blushing. Her eyes tracked over to me, almost as if she knew I was watching her and what I was thinking about. She smiled knowingly at me and swiped at some of the thick curly hair that had escaped it's ponytail and was now hanging in her face. I quickly trained my eyes back on the road. "So anywhere in particular you'd like to go eat. There aren't that many options though this late, or early." I amended.

"Sunnys." She said wistfully, in that melodic voice that made me wonder if she could sing. "Definitely, Sunnys."

"Sunnys it is, your wish is my command." I said and then winced. Was that lame? It was probably lame, she was probably inwardly laughing at me right now. God Joon, can't you play it cool for once? I admonished myself.

"I like the sound of that, you can be my own personal genie."

She was watching me again. She had turned sideways in her seat facing me, chin resting against the seat, with her legs curled up under her. She had been doing that a lot so far tonight, watching me, and I wondered why.

She watched me like I was so fascinating, like she couldn't force her gaze away and if only she watched me longer she'd find out everything she wanted to know about me. It was strange, yet heady having her eyes trained solely on me this way. I didn't think I would ever get tired of it. Not after going from completely invisible to all she could see.

Well at least for this moment.

As expected the all night diner wasn't heavily populated at three in the morning, with only a few other stragglers around. Nora and I made our way to the far back and occupied a booth. I slid across one of the hard booth seats, settling against the wall occupied by a window. Strangely instead of sitting across from me Nora slid into the same booth seat as me, right beside me. Her bare thighs were touching my jean clad ones. I looked at her curiously and she just smi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter