빛나던 rainbow

with all my heart

It was a beautiful night; not a cloud in sight, and the shine of the beautiful Lumiose City, the pride and joy of the Kalos region, lit up the darkened sky enough to make most stars invisible, eclipsed by the manmade ones scattered around the city; but not enough to hide the beautiful glow of the moon- not yet a full one, but gorgeous nonetheless.

The city might have looked peaceful to any casual onlooker, wandering around the shops and admiring the light of the city's power source and crown jewel, the Prism Tower. However, in the darker, less splendorous alleyways scattered around the corners of the city around the tower, the city was bustling with life of a different kind.

"Come on, Buneary!" a young lady rallied behind her pokemon, engaged in a fierce battle. "She's weakened now! Take her out with a Quick Attack!"

"Bun, buneary!" The small normal-type bunny agreed, and braced herself to bash the enemy's Kirlia at the highest speed she could. She was visibly tired from the long fight the two of them had been enduring so far, and for a moment Heejin was worried they'd pushed themselves too far this time; but before she could reconsider, Buneary passed her enemy in a blur.

The other trainer's Kirlia looked for a moment like it was going to endure the hit, but then her legs wobbled and gave out under her. "Ah, Kirlia!" the other trainer exclaimed as the defeated Psychic-type returned to its pokeball. "Wow, hats off to you two! That was a good battle."

Heejin was about to reply when she noticed it: a glowing light enveloping Buneary- not from the streetlights or the nightsky, but from whithin the pokemon herself! "Buneary!" she exclaimed, excited, "look, you're finally evolving!"

"Buneary?! Bun, bun, buneary!" the bunny replied, looking halfway between ecstatic and freaking out. They hadn't been expecting this battle to be the one to push her to evolve!

That said, the pair had been waiting for such a long time!... The reason they'd travelled from their native Sinnoh all the way to Kalos was to research the amazing technique known as Mega Evolution; and even though Professor Sycamore had thanked them for their aid in research by entrusting Heejin with her very own Mega Ring and a Lopunnite recently delivered to the labs from Hoenn, they hadn't been able to use them at all so far.

However, now that Buneary had calmed down a little and was letting the mysterious glow envelop her completely, surrounding her with a blinding light... Now, Heejin thought as Buneary- no, Lopunny stopped glowing and looked at her new form excitedly, now the real fun could begin!


Somewhere, far away from there, in another place and perhaps another time, the moon shone just as intensely in the night sky over eleven other heads.

It reflected off of the surface of majestic icy structures, it illuminated the streets of a small and cozy town, it lit up the surface of the water in broken up only by small ripples. And if someone, any of those twelve trainers or their pokemon, had chosen to lift their heads at that moment, they could see the exact moment in which the moon seemed to complete itself entirely, a perfect full moon looking over each and every one of them. Calling them. Setting them on the course to find each other.

Somewhere, the circle had begun being drawn.