It's Company Policy; 1

It's Company Policy

"Oh yeah, I heard you got a new manager... assistant? He's coming to dinner too, right?" My older brother, Hyun Seok, asks as he pulls the wheel to the right, swerving the car into SM Entertainment's driveway.                                                                                                                                                               

"'He's' a 'she' and I think she'll be free to join. I texted her about it an hour ago. She said she might have something on but she'll try to make it," Sehun says monotonously, as he swipes through his Instagram feed. 

 

"Oo, do you like her?"

 

He pauses momentarily before answering. "It's against company policy."

 

Hyun Seok hums in reply before the car comes to a stop. He pushes his sunglasses up, from the tall, thin bridge of his nose to the nest of thick black hair on the top of his head, and swings the car door open to exit. 

 

 

The lift conversation is nothing special, just questions about how the other is getting on. After all, the two, tall and (highly) above-average looking, men were blood-related brothers. They were even wearing matching outfits. Well, almost matching. Sehun, the younger one, was wearing a black hoodie, white mask, and vans while Hyun Seok decided to wear a thick leather jacket hoodie, sneakers, and sunglasses.

 

They got off the lift at L2 (the main lobby) and made their way to the SUM Cafe. It was their rondevu point for all the members of Sehun's boy group to meet. The special dinner tonight was compliments of Sehun's household, thanking the members for looking after him and dealing with his .

 

"Oh! Sehun-oppa," a small-sized girl appeared from around a corner. "The others are already in the Cafe. I'm -"

 

She takes a moment to digest the presence of the other man next to Sehun. Her cheeks flush.

 

"I'm Penny," She says, sticking her hand out for a handshake while bowing 90 degrees. "Sehun's new group manager assistant. I'm so sorry I didn't notice you earlier. I was in a rush back to my office. I'm guessing you're Hyun Seok?" 

 

Her words come out like rapid fire, she's so obviously flustered but she thinks she's playing it cool.

 

"Oh, Penny! Sehun was talking about you in the car earlier," He shakes her hand gently. "Will you be joining us for dinner?"

 

"Ah, oh. I'm not really sure if I can go. I have stuff to do and I was on the way to my office to pick up some stuff-"

 

Her eyes want to continue staring at the older man's rough and slender hands but if she does she might become even more flushed than she is right now. She tries her best to divert her eyes away but she doesn't know where to look. Eye-contact is the last thing she wants right now.

 

"Please join us. It wouldn't be right if you aren't there, you're one of the people my family wants to thank," He encloses her small hand between his two large ones. Penny gulps softly. "If need be, we can wait for you."

 

'Oh god, how can I say no' - She thinks.

 

She throws her hood forward and pulls at the drawstrings till they cover most of her face. 

 

"I'll hurry! No need to wait long, I'll just grab my computer and go," she exclaims before running away.

 

"Hyung, you have to stop touching people like that. I get that you're a touchy person but Penny, she's really sensitive to that kind of thing. Get's all weird when people touch her," Sehun says, slightly agitated that his manager was so affected by his older brother, right in front of his face. The two of them were so into their conversation, they missed Sehun's frowning face. 

 

"She's so small! So cute! Ah, no wonder you don't like her. Not your type."

 

"Psh, what IS my type?"

 

"y, with long legs."

 

Sehun retorts. "People's taste change." 

And with that, he scurries to join the rest of the dinner group at their large round table in the Cafe.