Chapter 7

Pretty
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"That wasn't hard now, was it?" Sehun softly whispered, his arm still secured around my waist. The sound of the gun shot cracking into the sky still echoed on the back of my head despite a minute had already passed. I clawed onto his back, burying my face deeper to the curve of his broad shoulder. I couldn't afford to say anything. "You're free, Ara. All the worries you had for her are now gone, diminished." He put the gun away in which Kai had obtained and then instructed him to get up and go over Aya's rotting corpse.

I dry heaved.

Baekhyun and Lia hastily made their way to the bow as well, clearing the horrifying scene of murder just like what they have always dealt with corpses from the moment they had been a part of the underworld crime. It was fairly quiet — too serene in a way, and you could only make out slight movements and the subtle thud of Aya's limp arm hitting the deck the moment she was uncuffed from the iron railing.

The roaring and pouding of the gentle waves obliterated all other sounds and my mind was awash with exhilaration. Suddenly, my sea sickness was no longer a priority anymore.

Sehun placed the same hand he had used to shoot Aya with on my lap as I clung onto him like my life depended on it. "I don't wanna see it, Sehun" I begged, tearfully embracing him as tight as my weakening body could ever initiate right at this moment. This was wrong, and I'm aware of such thing but I could not, not in a million years, allow myself to see Aya that way. I had to beg for Sehun to get rid her of as much as possible or I would break into a nasty panic attack. Disturbing visions of Aya's rotting corpse twisted in an odd angle with a bullet wound penetrated into her head flashed into my train of thought, causing me to flinch. Sehun, however, said nothing but kept me still on his lap, allowing me to wrinkle his designer coat. He smelt of mint, and an aftershave — musky, with a light kick of something sweet which helped me calm my nerves down. 

Though in dual course, I started to sob hysterically, soaking his top with my tears. He never said anything than intertwine his fingers that wrapped around my waist, unbothered as ever.

"Should we toss the body now?" scowled Kai as he swung the trigger guard of the gun around his index finger. I saw his reflection from the glass panel. "or are we supposed to stall? It's nearly 1 AM, Sehun." Lia went over Aya's feet whilst Baekhyun walked on the other. They were going to throw her body into the sea as planned. "You wouldn't want your uncle to ask us a bunch of questions as to why we're out on a sail at such ungodly hour." 

"Toss it." Sehun abhorred, keeping me still in his arms. I pretended I never heard him say such thing as if it was merely easy to put as an order, not for him of course. Then there was movement: the lewd squelch of Aya's leather jeans making friction against the white deck rang into my ears, then it was followed by a grunt before her body had been disposed off the sea, right in the middle of nowhere as gentle waves engulfed her as a whole, dragging her rotting corpse to the dark abyss of the ocean floor.

"Fetch the pail Mr. Jack and Jill, and the mop will you. It's right by the bridge." I heard Kai command one of the two who silently cleared the deck.

Lia scowled, sticking her nose up in the salty, sea breeze. "You and your annoying antics make me want to jump off this ing yacht."

Kai ignored it however. "Blood off the deck upon arrival, sweetie. Not a single stain should be left. Clorox on the side," He spun lazily around his heel, eyeing my hunched figure in between Sehun's secured embrace. I could feel him cocking an eyebrow upon such intimate sight. Lia rolled her eyes and marched all the way to where Chanyeol had been to fetch a pail and a mop whilst Baekhyun leaned over the railing, blinking over the dark, deep waves before he eventually left, calling Lia's name on his way to the back fo the yacht. "Tell Chanyeol to head back to the docks as soon as possible. He can't hear through the damn earphones." Kai sauntered back to where Sehun had been sitting and occupied the vacant space right next to him. I have calmed down now, but I still couldn't accept the fact that I had been the one to signal Sehun into pulling the trigger because that wasn't me. I couldn't afford to kill anyone with such mentality I carried.

I was impulsive for a moment. "So, is she going to stay like that forever?" Kai mused, eyeing my hunched up figure. "Or are we supposed to throw her off the railing too?" 

"Quit it." Sehun said, voice low before I felt his arms snake under my legs so he could lift me up into his strong arms. I instinctively threw my arms around his neck, refusing to cast a quick glance over the bow where Aya's blood hadn't been mopped off. "Putting her to bed. Let me know if my uncle ever gets in touch." Sehun strolled over to the back of the yacht, allowing me to see Chanyeol watchstand in the OOW before I was greeted by pitch darkness, and eventually the double-sized bed and cool, white sheets I awoke to. 

I thought Sehun was going to leave me in the room but he didn't. To my initial surprise, he bolted the door, flicked the lamp on and sat on a stool in a corner. Brief moment had passed and he began to talk, his voice rather low and gentle at midst the dark enveloping around the crammed little room.

"I had a feeling you might do something reckless." He crossed his arms on his chest, staring at the way I slowly lifted the comforter over my body to give me warmth. "That's why I locked the door so don't feel threatened." I turned my back away from him, boring my seemingly, tired gaze over the stark white walls. "It's a safety precaution."

He wasn't wrong. "How'd you know I'd do something like that?" I questioned, my voice trembling a little. "How'd you know.. I was," I trailed off, ignoring the abrupt increase of my heartbeat. "I was... I acted out of an impulse." Sehun furrowed his brows in confusion. "I didn't...I didn't mean to kill her."

"Don't you ever regret such thing." Sehun firmly said, his voice a little hoarse but somewhat righteous. "I know you're the kind of a person who would never do such thing — Heck, what we do was never your line of work and it's not something you can afford to be a part of but you shouldn't be remorseful, nor feel sorry and sink into the same level as Aya." Sehun said hotly. "It won't be as easy for you, I'm completely aware of that, but it was simply the right thing to do. She treated you unfairly, humiliated you at every chance she had, degraded you, and did so many cruel things you could point out, and not to mentioned the fact that she was disloyal to me." He fumed. "She deserved it. Don't tell me otherwise."

In just two days I was abducted through the tunnel on my way out to catch my bus, was forced to strip and change into a skimpy, tight dress, was held captive, and had been hassled around by both Sehun and Lia so they could carry out their plan, then witness the main event prepared by Sehun after I stumbled into the deck on an accident only to see Aya perched by the bow in handcuffs, calling Sehun and his men animals with her hand furiously bleeding over the white-washed deck and now, here I was, in a load of mess after Aya's murder had finally sinked in.

Had I truly meant it? to signal Sehun into pulling the trigger? I had, but only on an impulse. Though, the more I thought about it, maybe things would have gotten out of a hand and wreak havoc, and maybe many of us would have died. It was inevitable.

So, really, was it actually the right thing to do to fetch me out my misery?

"She would have killed you if you decided to be a damn saint in the end," Sehun said tiredly. He leaned against the stool and scoffed. "I thoroughly convinced you enough, and even if i didn't she was spiteful enough to grind your gears, correct? she didn't even beg for you to let her go due to how prideful she was." Sehun said as a matter-of-factly. "I would've thought she would if she was that desperate but she never did but instead, challenged us into shooting her because she thought you would say no in the last minute. Should you unrealistically let her underestimate your capabilities on a final run? I don't think so." He breathe, shrugging his shoulders with no sympathy. "So If I were you, I'd be glad to know that she's now dead and will no longer make my life a living hell."

"But still..."

"But still what? oh, don't you start an argument with me now, Ara." Sehun said, checking over his wristwatch. "You're just going to waste your breath arguing over something so pointless. She's dead, and won't rise back to life ever again."

"But Sehun," I blinked away the tears that started to form into the corner of my eyes. "It's not like I don't regret it but it was something I never signed up for. You know? I never thought it would end this way for me. It's just—"

"Give me one concrete reason as to why she deserved to live." Sehun scowled, eyeing me with the same stoic expression he distinguishly held. I could tell he was furious. His dark eyes said it all, and I flinched at it. "There would be none." He cut me off the moment I was about to say something."You and your mother never did her wrong, nor treated her unfairly for her to turn into a troubled youth. It was just her all along. She was the one who was sick in the ing head. Don't you know she once told me she'd let you watch us one day after you pissed her off that one particular morning during the summer? Huh? Thought so. She told me a bunch of dirty, things she would do to me with you watching on the sidelines because she wanted to rub in how much of a boring soul you were when she's out there living in the moment, smoking , shoplifting, someone else's in a dingy, bathroom stall and all the bull. I could tell you more but it's best to give you just the brief summary as to why she's a ty person since you're still in denial. Though if it helps you be permanently convinced that it was Karma who took her away, I can provide you more. We have a sufficient amount of time to discuss about her." Sehun raised a brow. "I mean, I'd be glad to if it'll help you get it through your head." 

Right, Sehun was right. Not one of his statements have been a lie, and it only bothered me how much of a shameful person Aya was for doing so many things depicted wrong by the society. I completely missed the point, and maybe it was all because of the fact that she was my sister, and we we're blood related which is the sole reason why I kept clinging onto the idea of her, and that I must protect her at all costs but I was tired — so catastropically exhausted, and angry for how bad she would treat me on a daily basis. I just couldn't fight back and face her fueling wrath because she was a lot stronger than I am, and she was more capable, and I obviously didn't want to end up covering up the bruises she'd be more willing to give me if I had ever thought of fighting her back. 

I was weak, but I couldn't afford to be fragile in terms of who I am as a person. I had to be strong, accept that things had turned out the way for a reason, and that I should be living life in peace after the tragic events that has taken place in just two days because after all, I had been finally released to venture, and to find myself without having to suffer under Aya's sharp claws.

"It's fine." I the dryness of my lips, ramming my whole sleeping position deeper to the bed. "I don't need it. Maybe I was just...clinging onto the idea of her being blood-related to me and I shouldn't have given you the go but," I sighed. "It's just that I've never been to this kind of situation. I couldn't even mourn because I feel like it'd be a waste but stil

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter