Chapter 4

Pretty
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She was always perfect compared to me, the unfortunate twin who even though shared the same face with her couldn't manage to look as good as her on a daily basis. Alec called me a flower without a scent whilst he called Aya a rose, particularly the red one, with thicker and velvety petals with its scent so sweet and musky. I told myself It didn't matter because he was in love with Aya, not me. 

I didn't have the right to be mad as he was right after all. I am a plain jane. I didn't mind. Not at all.

Sehun rolled his eyes. He dragged a chair across the carpet whilst I slowly regained my right state of mind. I was still shaken. I couldn't look at him in the eye because clearly, he wanted to know where Aya was when I don't even know where exactly she was.

Sehun sat on the cushioned chair with his leg on top of another. He gave me a menacing stare before he propped an elbow on the wooden arm rest. I sat by the foot of the bed, anxiously twirling the red straps on my shoulders. 

"What are you so nervous for?" He raised a brow, "You shouldn't be scared of me." I immediately backed off, lamely placing my hands on my bare lap. It was cold. There was a brief yet suffocating silence that lingered around the two of us.

I slowly looked up to him, lips pressed to a thin line. "I don't know where she is." I swallowed a lump in my throat. I was afraid I was going to piss him off. "You had my phone with you all along so you would've sent her a message If you wanted to find out."

"Ah, that's not going to work." He scowled, crossing his arms. "I know Aya. She would never let you know where she would be because that is none of your business."

"Then why would you ask me about her whereabouts in the first place?" I questioned in frustration. "You won't even coax anything out from me when I don't know anything much about her. We're just twins by title. In reality, we just share the same living space. That's it. There's nothing more than that."

Sehun curved a small mischievous smirk on his lips, mocking me. "I know what her relationship is with you, doll. I know every detail of it so I don't need to be educated. My point is, even if she doesn't tell you anything about her life I know you've always been so curious." He chuckled. "You're the kind one who prioritized her sister's safety. It was hard, no? to stay up all night until Aya decides to come back home without a bruise on her face? or without a missing limb maybe? I know it was hard but you stayed up for nothing. She was always with me until Alec decided to show up," Sehun's expression darkened and I flinched. "And I figured I didn't like this guy. He was stealing my girl so I killed him. In fact, I just killed him tonight before I saw you walking through the tunnel."

Alec was dead, but I was not so shaken about it anymore. I overheard them talking about him earlier. It was so brutal to the point that I felt like throwing up. But what Sehun said about him seeing me walk through the tunnel made a major impression. And then it struck me. How did Sehun manage to know about the tunnel? had he always known where I worked? Did Aya tell him anything about me perhaps? and if she actually did, why did Sehun decide to show up through the tunnel with that one intention in mind? 

"How would you know about that?" I cut him off, completely still. "How would you know about me working in the railway station? and the tunnel?"

"Aya never told me anything about your whereabouts." He stated as a matter-of-factly, "However, I was acknowledged that she has a twin so I made assumptions and from what I know I had been right all along." He tapped his fingers on the blunt tip of the arm rest. "She messaged me the night before and asked me to pick her up in the railway station. She said she started working there recently." A small gasp left my lips after hearing what he just said. He eyed my trembling fingers, quite amused of my the sudden change of my expression. I was moritified about what he was going to say next. "But it turns out she distracted me. The moment I saw you in that tunnel I already knew there was something odd because if you were Aya you would have recognized who I am but you didn't, you just kept walking." Sehun dropped his arms on his knees as he closed up to me with a taunting smirk on his flawless face. "She sold you to me." He sang, his smirk growing wider and more sinister. "I was correct with all my assumptions. She was smart enough to realize what she had done so she decided to plot her escape plan. But that was not going to work out without a cover up so story she used you as a bait for me to busy myself with." 

There was raw pang of disgust sinking into me like bile. I wanted to slap Sehun even if I was more furious about Aya's audacity. she had always been liked that. Hence, she would throw me off and will always use me like the stupid dumb puppet she always toyed with for entertainment. 

"Hey, don't start crying now." Sehun cooed as he tilted his head to the side, watching me clench my jaw. "Did I piss you off? Oh, I'm sorry. I was angry to begin with and you looked so much like her so I had to have my fun you know?" Sehun apathetically shrugged his shoulders, leaning back to his chair as tears started to well up in the corners of my eyes. "Just be glad you're still alive."

I gritted my teeth. "How am I going to be useful?" I argued. "She sold me to you. She set me up so she could get away from you!"

"Oh, so you agree." Sehun mused, now showing full interest. "That she set you up so she could get away from me. Smart. I know she would. You can just piece the puzzle together, doll. She knows I'll eventually find out so tell me more. Tell me something that might have to do with her getting away." Sehun beamed sinisterly. "And don't give me that bull by saying you don't have any idea when I know you've been snooping through stuff whenever you had the chance."

"I don't know!" City of Madison. Bus tickets. I've seen it all but I didn't care. It was none of my

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter