Chapter 27

A Star In Daylight

The eight friends didn't know what to do but stare at the man in front of them. Baekhyun felt an unexpected chill in the air.

"I didn't think you guys would have the balls to do it, yet here you are" Chanyeol's father chuckles deeply. 

Baekhyun's face twists in confusion, did he know they were coming? But how?

"what the hell are you talking about? Where's Chanyeol!?" Baekhyun heard Sehun's voice and turns to look in his direction. 

He was leaning against Junmyeon, clearly hurt in some way the others couldn't see. He was staring at Chanyeol's dad intensely, Baekhyun could feel the anger rolling off of him. The others were stunned silent by being outnumbered.

Dokyung looks over at the tall lanky kid, the one he had one of his brutes throw a knife at. He was the one Chanyeol always hung out with, the one that was loitering around the house a few days ago, he was one nosy son-of-a- along with that damn small piece of he thinks looking at Baekhyun who he could see was afraid.

A smirk played at his lips "well it doesn't take a genius to know what your intentions were. The day I met you guys at the school and you kept demanding where Chanyeol was, I knew" he says  "I knew you guys wanted to play hero and save Chanyeol, doing it out of love and friendship blah, blah, blah" his laugh rolled off his tongue, thick and black.

"the funny part is that you guys actually thought you had a chance" Dokyung looks at the pathetic crew in front of him, all trembling in fear. He was surprised they hadn't started running yet, that they were keeping their ground. 

"as you can see my guys aren't the type to play games and since you know too much, I think its time I get rid of all of you", 

Dokyung turns to his best hand, they went way back, his tall, gruffness and well built body made him the most feared along with his dark demeanor.

"Lee" he said. 

The man just nodded and reached behind him to pull out a long, sharp knife. He held up two fingers and the other thugs followed suit, taking out their own weapons ranging from guns to knifes. Baekhyun was trembling and he knew the others weren't exactly feeling safe either. He looks to Chanyeol's father who caught his eye, Baekhyun has never wanted to hurt someone as he did this man, never wanted someone to die as much as this man. The moon was casting a shadow over his, making him more menacing.

But despite that, Baekhyun could see those eyes glowing. Glowing and burning with hatred and the need for blood that Baekhyun almost mistook him for a feral blood thirsty animal. His throat was locked but in the end after seeing the thugs advanced brandishing weapons, ready to off each one of them he found his voice and it roared through the shallow, quiet night. 

"RUN!!" and without a second thought they all burst past the advancing thugs as best as they could without getting caught. 

Baekhyun saw a small forest in front of them a little ways away, scattered across the field but dense enough to hide them. 

"the trees! Run for the trees!" he shouted over his shoulder and as he ran he heard a loud, ugly cackle following behind them.

Dokyung watched as they scattered and ran. This is the fun part, this will be enjoyable.

Baekhyun heard many foot steps following behind him, he turns around to see his friends close behind him. Junmyeon had to help Sehun a bit but they kept up all the same. His heart was pounding as he saw the group of thugs running behind them holding up their weapons. Baekhyun heard the pop of a gun and then the whoosh of wind by his ear, he jumps to the side and looks back. The tall gruff guy was pointedly aiming at him, his face dark and expressionless as he held out the weapon.

Baekhyun's heart hasn't stopped beating erraticly since he left the house and he's sure that after this if he makes it out alive that he'll have a case of heart failure.

More pops go off and Baekhyun heard the scared shouts of his friends, he looks on either side of him and he realises that they were running in a line. 

"split up, split up! Run zig zag! Make it hard for them to target you!" he shouts as he starts running in the funny manner, he witness his friends scatter and run the same. 

Sehun has stopped leaning on Junmyeon and was now running on his own, probably out of adrenaline has forgotten that he was hurt and also didn't want to keep Junmyeon back. They all sprint full force to the woods that they were now getting close to but the thugs were firing blindly and all he could hear was the 'pop pop' of bullets leaving the guns. 

This was crazy! How can someone just have the intention to kill people like this!? It made Baekhyun wonder what the hell Chanyeol had to go through and is going through right now. Was he okay!? Was he hurt?! Taking in their current predicament he could bet that he was.

He hears a loud yelp just as they were a few feet away from the woods, he turns back just as three of the others whizz past into the woods. Baekhyun sees Junmyeon crumpled to the ground one hand clamping over his right arm.

"Junmyeon!" he shouts, already running back to him

"no! go! Save Chanyeol!" Junmyeon lifted his head to shout just as Baekhyun's sees the approaching pack of thugs. 

He was conflicted they were gaining ground on Junmyeon who was trying to get up. Baekhyun didn't know what to do, help Junmyeon are go with the others? As he stands there trying to choose he hears and sees another thug get a shot off and it sails right at Junmyeon's leg, the male who was trying to get up crumples again with a scream. 

"Jun!" Baekhyun looks to his left to see Jongin come to a stop and turn around, without hesitation he starts to sprint toward Junmyeon,

"Jongin, no!" Baekhyun goes after him. 

The others who didn't enter the woods yet stop, them too didn't know what to do. 

The thugs were coming, being as burly as they are, they were slow but not that slow. 

"Jongin, stop!" Baekhyun was shouting at the male who kept running to Junmyeon, who was lying in the field a group of thugs getting closer and closer.

If Baekhyun hadn't been looking at the the approaching men he would've never seen one of them holding up the knife, ready to through it at a sprinting Jongin. Just as the knife leaves the thugs hand, Baekhyun pushes himself and tackles Jongin to the ground, they both go tumbling and rolling across the earth as the knife goes by them. 

"Jongin what the hell are you doing!?" Baekhyun says harshly into his ear. 

Jongin tries to rip away from him. "we have to get Junmyeon! We can't just leave him!" he shouts, trying to get from under Baekhyun, Jongin looks back at the small male and Baekhyun could see the tears, the anger and the fear well up in his eyes and his heart sinks, what had they gotten themselves into?

He looks over in Junmyeon's direction and he was already getting pinned down by one of the thugs, a much more burly one, he had his foot digging into Junmyeon's back while he held the gun over the side of his head. 

"NO!"Jongin and Baekhyun yell in unison. 

But they didn't have time to witness anything because thugs were running towards them and toward the woods where everyone else resided. Baekhyun quickly gets off Jongin and pulls him up ready to take off but when he turned around he saw Yixing standing there. He a white sock into his hand and when Baekhyun took hold of it he felt the heaviness of it. Yixing looked behind them and takes note of the men coming at them and gives Jongin a sock also. 

"use this" he says before running off. 

Baekhyun stares after him and sees him swing the sock into the head of one of the approaching thugs and the big man goes stumbling sideways. Baekhyun realises that all the others were running around also, swinging socks or spraying what looked like the maze cans into the brute thugs faces, he could hear the shout and yells of both the burly males and his friends. 

Kyungsoo was running around, sticking something into the arms of his attackers and it didn't take Baekhyun long to notice that it was the pocket knife they had thought he left behind. So it did come in handy. 

He also saw the guy that was previously over Junmyeon's body unconscious on the floor. Jongdae was in front of the boy, who was trying to stand up and suceeding in a sloppy manner, warding off the attackers with the sock. Knocking them in the face or the head to keep them back, even Sehun was having at it, everyone was fighting. And even though the situation was gruesome Baekhyun couldn't help but smile. 

"what are we waiting for?" he turns to Jongin who was swinging the sock as if practicing. "let's kick some " 

He goes running at an approaching thug swinging the sock as fast and hard as he can, he catches the man in the temple and he goes falling to the ground. Baekhyun moved to another repeating his antics, he sees Minseok with some rope, coming up behind a thug and wrapping it around his neck, pulling until the thugs face turns red and he drops unconcious. 

Minseok catches Baekhyun's eyes and smiles. Baekhyun found it hard to believe that this guy was the oldest out of all of them, he looked like a young kid in a fighting simulator. 

Baekhyun looks across the field and a few metres away he could see Chanyeol's house. He had to be in there why else would his dad be here? Trying to keep them from going in. All they had to do was get over there and duck behind a long hedge into the back yard. 

"guys come on! We can get in the house through the back!" he shouts to the others. 

They all look towards the house and again without hesitation start running. This time Sehun had to help Junmyeon, his leg and arm were bleeding and he seemed like he was fighting to stay conscious, he was losing blood. On closer observation Baekhyun saw the others had bruises also and some with a busted lip. Of course they wouldn't come out unscathed, they weren't exactly trained in combat. Even Baekhyun got clipped by one or two of their fists. 

But as it would seem, their luck and advantage had worn out because Junmyeon lost consciousness and fell bringing Sehun down with him, thugs were on them in an instant but they all had a mutual understanding that they should just keep running, run for the house, Chanyeol was their target. They knew it wouldn't be easy.

Kyungsoo was the next one down, they were so close but one of the thugs tackled him to the ground. Baekhyun just kept running no matter how much he wanted to go and help his friends he didn't know what would happen to them, but he didn't want to know if it was something he couldn't imagine. 

By the time they rounded the hedge into the back yard huffing and puffing from the sprint, it was only three of them Left. Baekhyun, Jongdae and Jongin,

"! We lost the others" Jongin stomps his foot in frustration and gripping his hair "who knows what they'll do to them, who knows if they didn't-" he doesn't finish, he didn't have to we all knew what he was thinking. 

"this is really ed up, Chanyeol's dad is ed up. We don't even know if we have back up coming or not" Jongdae voices. 

Baekhyun could only agree. This whole situation was not how they had planned it, but nothing ever does go as you plan, Baekhyun never planned to meet these people, never planned to get to know them and become friends with them, he didn't plan to fall for Park Chanyeol and he definitely didn't plan to put his life on the line for a rescue mission. If he had been back in Seoul none of this would've happened and that's a bittersweet statement. He would never be in a death match with a gang and psychotic father but he also wouldn't know the feeling of having genuine friends, who would risk everything for each other. 

If he made it out of this, he would definitely go back home as a different person.

"well, we got to go through with this and make them getting captured worth something" Baekhyun piped up. 

All three of them look at the back door, there was no light coming through the windows, the place looked dead and lifeless. were they really sure Chanyeol was in there? he had to be, why else would his dad protect the place? 

"are we sure he's in there?" Jongin voices Baekhyun's thoughts. 

"only one way to find out" Jongdae said under his breath, leading them to the back door.