Chapter 20 (Part 2)

A Star In Daylight

Nora sat in a chair at the side of the hospital bed. She had rushed in demanding help and explaining the situation obviously leaving out bits but they took Chanyeol and rushed him into a shower area, they ran warm water almost hot and dipped him in. Chanyeol had woke up instantly after hitting the wet surface and Nora had to reassure him that everything was all right. 

The doctor had said he needed rest and some time for his body to get back to its normal temperature so he was staying over night. 

Nora watched her son sleeping peacefully, she brought her hand into brush some hair out of his eyes. "I'm so sorry" she says bringing her face closer "I promise to always protect you".

Chanyeol stirs a little and Nora backs up letting out a breath. What was she going to do? Dokyung is going to be so mad when he finds out the money from his wallet is missing. But Nora still wondered where he got that kind of money from, his job didn't pay him that much for sure and it wasn't the type of job where you can get a promotion. Nora reaches behind her into the pocket of her jeans and pulls out the black leather object. She opens it to examine the contents better this time, there wasn't much just some old credit cards that most likely have been cut off and some scrap paper tucked in a compartment. What Nora noticed was there wasn't a single picture of Chanyeol or both of them in there, wasn't fathers supposed to have that sort of thing? A picture to cherish their family?

Nora's mind drifts to early this morning, the violence and hatred that he portrayed, how he didn't care about Chanyeol's condition. Yeah, she thinks, that's not a father so there's no reason for him to cherish us. She flips the wallet over to the back and was caught of guard by the red marking, it looked like a sort of emblem. It was a red fist encased around a a circle, what is this? Confusion overcomes Nora as she stares at the marking longer, why would Dokyung have this on his wallet? Shaking her head Nora puts the wallet back in her pocket, she'll ask him later but she had a bad feeling brewing deep withing her. Nora sighs and lays down near Chanyeol's legs, resting her head on her arm.

"you don't deserve this" she says quietly "you don't deserve to live like this, I'll make sure you have a better life" Nora's eyes started getting heavy and as she looked into the face of her precious baby she drifts off. 

------------

"feeling okay?" Nora asks the small boy as they walk out the hospital doors. 

He nods. 

It was still a cold November morning and she had to wrap Chanyeol up in the same blanket because they didn't have coats. Nora made a mental note that it's time she got some even if it meant taking from the charity donation box again. 

"your birthday is coming up in a few weeks. Do you want anything?" she smiles down at him. 

But Chanyeol continued to face forward and shook his head, she felt the grip on her hand tighten. Nora stopped them, she kneeled down turning Chanyeol to face her, she scanned the boys face. He was still a little pale but no more than he was before, his big eyes gave everything away as Nora looked into them, scared. Why was he scared?

"sweetie, are you sure you're alright? We can go back to the hospital if not" she places a hand on his cheek but he shakes his head.

His grip tightened and Nora stared at her son, what has gotten into him? Was he feeling a little feverish? They should hurry home before it gets more cold. 

"mommy" he looks down "you won't leave me, right?" he says

What? "yeollie, why would I ever leave you?" Nora questions. 

Chanyeol comes closer and clutches her shirt, burying his face into her chest "I don't want you to leave me" 

Nora places a hand on his head, caressing his soft hair "baby? What's wrong? What's all this about?" she was getting worried. 

When did he start thinking things like this? He lifts his head up to look at her and she notices the tears streaming down his face. "I had a dream someone came to take you away and you never came back. I was scared" he confessed.

Nora's heart relaxes a little, it was just a bad dream? "yeollie, don't cry. I won't ever leave you, I love you" she smiles down into the face of her beautiful son. 

"promise?" he says holding out his small hand and sticking up his pinky.

Nora smiled "promise" she says as she interlocks their fingers. Chanyeol's face turns in to smile and her heart feels light again, that's all she wants to see, Chanyeol smiling. 

"let's go before it gets colder" she stands up reclaiming his hand and they walk down the street.

 

They reach the familiar alleyway that leads to their home and as they walk through the filthy walkway, Nora notices a man standing at the end near the fence they usually pass through. As they get closer she gets better look at the man, he was tall and gruff looking, he wore black clothing and Nora's eyebrow shoots up as she notices something red on his left arm. Her eyes widen when she makes out the red fist, wasn't that the same marking on Dokyung's wallet? She looks back at the man who still stood there not moving,

The man turns his head her direction so abruptly that it makes Nora jump, she puts her head down not wanting to provoke this intimidating man, her heart was hammering and a sense of dread was looming over her as she kept getting closer, there was no other route to their house so she couldn't just turn around and take a different way. She subconsciously pulls Chanyeol closer to her, she notices the boy look at her but she kept her eyes on the ground. 

"ma'am?" she hears a low husky voice on her right and she stops.

Nora looks at the gruff man who was now only feet away from her "can I help you?" she questions holding Chanyeol close. 

The man comes closer and Nora backs up a little. "are you Park Dokyung's wife?" even his eyes were menacing, Nora observes, so dark and blank. 

Where was Dokyung? "who wants to know?" she questions the gruff man. 

Nora suddenly notices a few more bodies off to the sides against the brick walls, they were coming closer and Nora was feeling more uneasy than before, what was going on? Why are they looking for me? 

"mommy?" Chanyeol says, Nora could hear fear dripping from his voice. 

"don't worry, sweetie. Calm down" she tried to reassure him but he was still whimpering. Nora leans her head down to her little boy and whispers "when I tell you to run, go, okay?" she looks at him, his eyes wide with fright. 

Chanyeol shakes his head "baby, do as mommy says" she looks over at the gruff man and the others getting closer "go to the house and hide and don't come out" she informs 

"what about you mommy?" he asks

"don't worry about me, I'll come get you" she lies. She didn't want to lie to him, but he wouldn't go unless he had some sort of reassurance.

She leans back up straight just as the others are close, "run!" she shouts. 

Chanyeol was frozen for a split second before taking off. It was like that put everything into motion because as Chanyeol slips through the chainlink fence the men pounce on Nora. They grab at her, they pull her hands back and she let's out a scream at the pain, they push her to the dirty ground of the alleyway and tie her hands behind her back.

"mommy!" she hears Chanyeol shout. She raises her eyes to see her baby boy looking back at her his eyes wide. 

"go baby!" she yells at him "just go!"

She can see see him hesitate before turning and blundering down the archway steps. There was a hard kick to Nora's shoulder and she yells out at the pain. Her chin was forcefully brought to look into the face of the gruff man. 

"well aren't you mother of the year" he grimaces "but unfortunately we need the whole family to accompany daddy dearest" he snickers menacingly. 

"mommy! Mommy!" she hears the screams of Chanyeol and she turns her head to see him being carried out, kicking and flailing, by one of these many scary men. 

"Chanyeol!" she turns to look at the manning front of him "let him go!" she spits at him. 

He slaps her so hard, Nora tasted the blood of her busted lip. She grits her teeth, why? Why was this happening? 

"aahh!" she looks to her son to see the man pinning him into the ground, his feet on his back, holding his arms behind him. 

"stop! your hurting him!" she tries to get up to go to Chanyeol but was pushed back harshly to the ground but Nora gets back up anyway, her heart was breaking seeing such things being done to her sweet baby who did nothing wrong. 

"I said stay down, " she heard another one of the men say rudely as they kick her in the back of her knees, she goes sprawling across the grimey floor. 

The sound of hard boots comes clomping towards her. She felt a presence crouch over her and suddenly her head was being pulled back by her hair, it hurt but she kept it in.  

"you shouldn't disobey us" the husky, deep voice was right by her ear "or I'll just kill you myself".

Nora felt something press against the skin of her neck, she was sweating and shivered at the way he said it, so naturally without a care in the world and she was sure he really wouldn't care if he killed her. 

"oh, look the boys asleep" the man says.

Nora looks over at Chanyeol that was now being brought over, unconscious. "what did yo-" she starts but the knife against her neck dug in and she kept quiet. 

"now it's your turn" she feels him stand up from over her and without notice the man smashes the off his knife against her temple.

He watches her crumple to the ground, before turning tot he rest of the guys "pick her up and let's get back, the boss is waiting".

----------

Chanyeol woke up groggy, even his vision was a little blurry. He realises that he was lying on the hard floor, did he somehow roll off his bed? He looks around his eyes adjusting, it was dark and it smelled of musk and what his dad smoked, it was like an open room with not much in it. There was a dog bowl by his feet that had water in it and Chanyeol knitted his brows together in confusion, this wasn't his house where was he? Chanyeol tried to move but there was a clinking sound like metal and his arms barely moved, he look to either side of him and found that his hands were bound by chain. He started to panic, where was he? Where was his mom? What was going on?

"mommy!?" he shouted. "mommy!?"

Chanyeol heard a groan and he whipped his head to the left of him. He didn't understand what he was seeing but he new it was wrong. There was his mother lying between four men, , hands chanlinked much like his. They all had their manhood out, touching and groping her all over and smiling evilly. Chanyeol wanted to go over and hurt every one of them, he felt his anger bubbling. He would be no match but he didn't want them touching his mother like that, he didn't like it. On contrary to his feelings of anger tears of sadness brim near his eyes as he sees the men stick their manhood into her, laughing and grimacing. 

"mommy?" he says 

He sees her tilt her head back to look at him, Chanyeol didn't miss the tears that fell from her eyes. "Chanyeol close your eyes, sweetie. Don't look over here I don't want you to see this" she pleaded "baby, don't look at your mother like this. Cover your ears" more tears were flowing. 

"shut up, " one of them slaps her "let him watch, let him see how you treat a woman" the man talking looks over at Chanyeol but he turns his head and covers his ears as told. 

He didn't want to see any more, he didn't want to hear any more, he wanted to leave.