Chapter 16

A Star In Daylight

Baekhyun walked through the back door from tending to the farm all morning. Jeongsuk had gone to the auto body shop in town to get the truck a better tune up because it's been spazzing out more than last time, his mom also went into town to a friends house to help out with her baby. The only people in the house were Chanyeol, his step-mom and him. 

Baekhyun had gotten used to having the two around, he's noticed that they were really close and you could tell Mina really thought of Chanyeol as her own son despite her not being his real mom. Baekhyun envied them everytime he witnessed it, he wished him and his mom could be that close but he knew it was out of the question, they've only said a few words here an there to each other since that day. He sighed and was about to enter the kitchen when he heard the voices of Chanyeol and Mina. 

"we can't stay here much longer, yeollie" she says. 

Baekhyun stands there, hidden against the wall. What were they talking about? Did their dad fix the pipe already? He knew he shouldn't be eavesdropping but he also didn't want to make his presence known at this point.

"I know but I want us to have some peace and be safe for a little while longer" Chanyeol answers back. There's a clattering of plates like he was searching threw the cupboards.

Be safe? Were they not safe? A busted pipe was bad, it's not good on your body to be inhaling all those toxic scents but somehow Baekhyun didn't think they were talking about that. What's going on?

"he's going to be extremely mad when we go back" Mina sighs "I don't know if I can take any more" she sounds distraught.

Baekhyun wasn't sure what to think, he didn't know what they were talking about but he knew they were definitely not talking about a busted pipe. Did Chanyeol lie? If so why? Baekhyun leans in closer,

"hey, hey. It's alright I'll protect you, don't worry" Chanyeol says softly 

"but your always protecting me I-" right then Baekhyun leans a little to far and loses his footing, he goes tumbling to the ground with a shout and he lands on his side with a 'thud'. 

"ow" he says getting up and rubbing his shoulder. 

Baekhyun looks up into the confused and shocked faces of both Chanyeol and his step mom. He shows them a sheepish smile,

"I, uh tripped over a loose floorboard just now coming in" he lies. 

"oh, sweetie are you okay?" Mina comes over to him looking and touching at the shoulder he was craddling. 

"I'm fine" he says. Mina helps him up but Baekhyun can feel the open gaze of Chanyeol on him and he ducks his head away, what if he knew he was eavesdropping?  Mina's face was full of concern for him and he felt even more guilty. 

"would you like something to drink, you should take a pain killer" Mina fusses going over to fetch a glass of water. 

"no, I'm okay, I'm just going to go upstairs and lie down" Baekhyun really wanted to leave the room. 

He glances up at Chanyeol briefly only to see the tall male still staring at him blankly. Baekhyun swallows the growing lump in his throat and turns quickly to leave. 

What was he thinking, eavesdropping? He was so stupid, he was sure Chanyeol knew he was lying about the floorboard. He makes his way up the stairs to his room, he didn't feel like lying down although his shoulder was bothering him and he probably should do as Mina says and take a pain killer. But instead the conversation the two were having was swimming through his mind, what did they mean by feeling safe longer? Who did they want to protect each other from? Was someone after them? Were they criminals? 

Baekhyun shakes his head, no they can't be, Mina was way too nice to be on the run as a criminal of the law and Chanyeol was Chanyeol. He sighed, he was thinking about this too much it wasn't even his business. He looks at his plain wall as he stops pacing, he'll stop thinking about it, there was no point it had nothing to with him. 

"what are you thinking about?" he was startled at Chanyeol's deep voice. 

Baekhyun looks towards the door, to see him leaning against the frame. He was wearing a blank expression but his eyebrow slid up questionably, why was that gesture so hot?

"nothing much, just school work" he lied again looking down to the ground. Why did he always feel so nervous and timid around this guy? His usual self always crumbled whenever Chanyeol was around, when did this happen?

"school work, huh?" Chanyeol steps closer to him, slow but determined and Baekhyun felt his insides stir up. He felt like a mouse being stalked by a cat and he instinctively backs up with each step. 

"y-yes" Baekhyun stutters.

Chanyeol was getting closer and he was running out of open space to back up into. Baekhyun looked into the face of the tall male and saw a mischievous glint in his eyes, his heart was jumping more rapidly as his back connects with the wall.

"you sure you're not thinking about a certain conversation you were eavesdropping on?" he blocks him off as he presses both his hands on the wall, his arms on either side of Baekhyun.  

He was so close, Baekhyun could feel his breath on his face. His heart was hammering and he was sure this time it would burst out of his chest. He couldn't look away from Chanyeol's eyes, they reflected a mischief that Baekhyun has never seen. He didn't know what was happening, one minute he was pacing in his room and the next he was being trapped against a wall by Chanyeol.

"I-I" Baekhyun didn't know what to say, he couldn't get anything out Chanyeol's close proximity was making his head spin and go blank plus the heavenly scent that was coming off of him didn't help either. 

"you're so cute Baekhyun" Chanyeol says deeply and softly and Baekhyun felt himself melt against the wall. What was this guy doing to him? He knew he had to get away but he couldn't, he didn't even think he wanted to.

"but you at lying" He brought his face closer to Baekhyun's ear and whispered sending a chill down his spine. 

Chanyeol's body was pressing lightly against Baekhyun's and he knew the boy could feel his raging heart beat. He was too close, Baekhyun couldn't think straight his eyes panned down to look at Chanyeol's pink lips, what did they feel like?

"what did I tell you about staring at my lips" he said growled before pressing his lips, hastily on to Baekhyun's. 

Baekhyun wasn't in his right mind, he knew he should stop this but it just felt so good. Chanyeol's lips felt so perfect against his and he couldn't get enough. Baekhyun brought his arms up and wrapped it around Chanyeol's neck while his wrapped around Baekhyun's waist, again he had no clue what was happening but he loved every second of it. Chanyeol slipped his tongue between his lips, deepening the kiss and Baekhyun let out a light moan. 

He felt one of Chanyeol's hand slide under his shirt and his body shivered as it came into contact with his bare hand. Baekhyun nibbled Chanyeol's lower lip and he groans, to his surprise he lifts Baekhyun up and he wraps his legs around Chanyeol's waist.

They break the kiss to catch their breaths. They were both breathing heavily,

"it's even better than I imagined" Chanyeol says. 

What? He's imagined kissing him before? Baekhyun's head was swimming, 

Chanyeol brought his head down and started kissing down Baekhyun's neck, he couldn't help the moan that escaped, Baekhyun feels his tongue as Chanyeol the base of his neck before nipping at the skin, he weaves his fingers in Chanyeol's hair and groans. Baekhyun can feel him smirking against his neck,

"oh? Did I find your sweet spot already?" he questioned ily. 

Baekhyun felt his face get hot. How the hell did his day turn out like this? He didn't plan for things to turn out like this,

"we should stop" Baekhyun breathes out as Chanyeol trails kisses against his jawline, coming to a stop at the corner of his mouth.  

"do you really want to?",

Baekhyun looked down into Chanyeol's lustful eyes and he can feel the front of his pants tighten. He pushes roughly against Chanyeol's chest sending him stumbling back and Baekhyun falls to the floor.

Baekhyun looks at Chanyeol who was looking him, "what was that for?" he asked. 

Baekhyun didn't know what to say, or why he did that. He felt like he should stop whatever happened before it got any further, he didn't want that, he didn't want to be with Chanyeol, he didn't want to like Chanyeol, he didn't want these feelings for Chanyeol. Baekhyun felt like a mess, he didn't know what to do now, he looked into the face of a confused Chanyeol feeling tears well up, why was he like this? 

"I'm sorry" he simply says before running out of the room.