Chapter 15

A Star In Daylight

Baekhyun sat at his desk in his first period class, exhausted. He didn't get much sleep last night all too aware that a whole park Chanyeol was sleeping and breathing beside him bare chested. Baekhyun refused to let himself believe that he had admired the boys chest all night before falling asleep.

He had met Chanyeol's stepmom that morning, she was really sweet but quiet and Baekhyun noticed that one of her cheeks were a bit swollen, but he knew all about being bloated in the morning so he didn't really look twice, trying not to be rude. Baekhyun looked over at Chanyeol who was talking with Sehun and laughing at something he said, Baekhyun felt a faint smile creep to his lips as he saw the cutest smile come from such a tall and manly guy but soon shook his head to compose himself, ugh. He turned to look out the window. 

The thought of living with Chanyeol came to his mind and he was already dreading the days ahead, how was he going to survive living under the same roof as Mr. Handsome tall guy much less sleeping in the same bed, it gave him a headache and a heart ache just thinking about it. Baekhyun was happy when the bell rang signaling the end of class. 

Baekhyun still didn't really have any friends yet, no one made the effort to talk to him like how he read in those young adult novels and he neither made an effort because he felt there was no need if he was going to go back home.

"yo, nugget!" he heard the detestable nickname and despite himself turned around to see Sehun waving at him, Chanyeol walking silently beside him. 

"I am not a nugget!" Baekhyun said every time he encountered Oh Sehun but he felt like it was futile at this point to object to the already set nickname. 

"yeah yeah, anyways. Would you like to eat lunch with us?" Sehun asked. 

Baekhyun was confused, shocked and slightly grateful, he looked over at Chanyeol who was staring at his shoes. What's up with him?

"why?" he asked not sure if he should trust such and outright invitation. 

"eh, well" Sehun rubbed the back of his head "you don't have any friends right? I thought since you and Chanyeol were on good terms it seemed fitting to invite you to sit with us" he finished. 

Oh? So it was just to be nice?  Well he was in no position to refuse even if he wanted to. "well, okay then" Baekhyun accepted. 

He turned away from the two handsome guys and made his way to his next class. He wasn't sure if this was such a good idea but anything beats eating alone. 

"you owe me 20" Sehun said to his friend 

"yeah, yeah" Chanyeol said reaching into his pocket to pull out his wallet 

"why couldn't you just ask him yourself? That guy is intense I felt like I was being judged hard by just his gaze" Sehun accepted the bill and pocketed it.  

"he would've said no, if I asked him" Chanyeol admitted 

"why, you do something for him to dislike you?" they start walking in the opposite direction,

"I don't think he noticed it yet, but it's something I can't just easily take back" Chanyeol said

He thought of last night. They definitely had a moment at least in Chanyeol's eyes, Baekhyun was just so small and fit perfectly in his arms and on top of that, those pretty eyes staring into his. He almost came undone and kissed him. He hasn't dated much but he can tell when he liked someone, he didn't know when or how but he was interested in Baekhyun but the male didn't seem to like him very much and if he found out he'd dislike Chanyeol even more. 

Sehun walked beside his best friend, he looked at Chanyeol as he stared straight ahead, sometimes he can never tell what was going through his mind but he knew his friend would tell him if anything was wrong. 

"you're such a weirdo" he punched Chanyeol in the shoulder smiling. 

---------

Baekhyun walked towards the cafeteria, butterflies attacking his stomach. It will be his first time in the crowded place and he was not prepared. What if they were playing a prank on him and he wasn't really invited? Should he turn back and go find a remote place to eat? But what if they were genuine? He could be on the track set to have some friends. Baekhyun sighed, there's only one way to find out. 

He stood in front of the double doors before pushing through. The noise of many students talking at once and clanking trays bombarded his ears and for a moment he was really overwhelmed, he took a deep breath before walking over to the food line. He picked things that looked tasty, like a cheesecake, a slice of pizza and some yoghurt as he reached the end to pay he started feeling nervous again, he doesn't even know where they sit!

He gave the lunch lady the money and turned around scanning the crowded cafeteria. There were tables off all types of students, some with designated cliques and other with just random friends. 

"Oi, Baekhyun!" he turned his head to the right and there in the far back he saw Sehun waving his hand wildly. He felt relief that they weren't playing some sick prank. 

He started over to the table and noticed that it wasn't only Chanyeol and Sehun but there were seven other guys sitting there. Chanyeol has more friends? He's only really seen him with Sehun. He felt all the eyes fall on him as he sat in between Chanyeol and Sehun who made room for him, Baekhyun suddenly felt super shy and timid.  He glanced up at everyone and the first thing he noticed was how all of them were so damn handsome and hot, what the hell?! How can there be this many hot guys in one place? 

"guys this is Baekhyun" Sehun introduced "Chanyeol and I first met him at Jeongsuk's, well to be honest I was the one that first met him, he has a temper" Sehun goes on.

"I do not!" he turned to Sehun and he heard a chorus of chuckles around him, even beside him Chanyeol chuckled. Baekhyun looked at them feeling a sense of pride that he made them all laugh, it was a good sign. 

"hi Baekhyun" they all say.

Sehun introduced Baekhyun to Junmyeon, who he can already tell, was the mom of the group of friends, he already had to calm down Sehun and the boy Kyungsoo when they got into a quarrel because Sehun said he looked like penguin. Baekhyun had laughed despite himself. Kyungsoo on the other hand was an odd guy, he had a straight face all the time much like Sehun when he wasn't engaging with anything but more intimidating, like he was judging and glaring at you but Chanyeol had reassured him that he was a big softy. Baekhyun noticed how Kyungsoo was extra nice to Kai a very handsome specimen, he could tell just by looking that they had a thing for each other. Kai was quiet but was talkative and playful when he got engaged. Xuimin and Chen were glued to each other it seemed like, they talked amongst themselves but also interacted with everyone, Chanyeol had informed Baekhyun that they were dating. 

Now Yixing had Baekhyun for a loop, the guy was a sweetheart but he seemed a little bit ditzy, he also had this notebook out that he had Suho helping him with whatever was written inside. He turned his head once and when he looked back Yixing was sleeping on the table, Suho had to wake him up a few times. But somehow he gave off this air of iness too, he turned his head to Baekhyun who was staring at him and winked giving him a cute dimpled smile, Baekhyun had never felt so attacked and his cheeks flared with heat. 

"Yixing, is a transfer student from China. He can hold a proper conversation with you in Korean but he's sometimes bad on pronunciation, so Suho helps him" Chanyeol whispers close to Baekhyun's ear which made him shiver. 

Baekhyun wasn't used to being around so many handsome men at once especially one he had unwanted feelings for. But despite all that, as he looked accross the table at everyone he felt a sudden ease and happiness. He couldn't help the smile that spread across his face.