Chapter 12

A Star In Daylight

Baekhyun was surrounded by blackness, he looked around confused, where was he? Suddenly a small dot of light glows in the distance. What's that? He walks towards it cautiously and as he got closer the dot grew bigger and wider until it enveloped all around him, Baekhyun covered his face with his arms from the blinding light. 

"mommy, daddy" he heard a child giggling. 

Suddenly a small child runs past him and he watches as he runs into the arms of his mom, Baekhyun was stunned to realize that it was his mom. He watched as she smiled as the small Baekhyun hugged her, his dad put a hand on his head and ruffled his hair. What's going on? They suddenly fade away as he walks towards them and he's consumed in darkness again. 

"your dad caught us one night" the voice of his mom comes out of nowhere. 

"I snuck out to a bar one night" he heard her voice again but there was no sign of her.

Then suddenly she appears in front of him, a few feet away and his heart swells at the smile that was printed on her face. He started walking to her slowly, "mom?"  she looked exactly how he remembered her when he was young 

She keeps smiling and opens her arms as if to invite him in for a hug. Baekhyun didn't know what it was but he didn't feel any anger seeing her like he normally would, all he felt was a warmth radiating off of her and he wanted so badly to be embraced by it. He started running ready to bury himself in her arms like the old times but was soon stopped, Baekhyun felt a force press against his chest suddenly keeping him in place. He watched as his mother stood there waiting, her arms outstretched.

He tried to fight against the strong force but to no luck, he couldn't move. "let me go" he said to no one.

His mother was still there waiting and he fought harder but to no avail "let me go!" he shouted this time. He then noticed that his mother was starting to fade from the bottom up and he started getting desperate.

"let me go! She's waiting! My mom, she's waiting for me!" he pleaded feeling tears falling from his eyes but all he could do was watch as his mother faded away. 

"you're not coming?" he suddenly hears her voice "you hate me that much?" he looked around trying to find where she was.

His eyes finally landed on his mother that was circling him, she no longer had a smile on her face, "no! I don't hate you" Baekhyun cried out, 

She stopped to look at him and Baekhyun was taken aback at the coldness in her eyes. "that's fine, I never loved you, I will never love you" she says coldly and Baekhyun felt chills run deep in his blood.

"I'm sorry" tears were still falling from his eyes "I wanted to come to you, I wanted to be with you" Baekhyun says but she was already gone. 

 

Baekhyun remembers that dream vividly, he wish he could forget about it, wish he had dreamt about something other than that. It was unexpected but what was more confusing and unexpected was that he was sitting in a cafe with Park Chanyeol. 

He looks up from the mug of hot chocolate he had been staring aimlessly into to watch the tall male. He sat there drinking his coffee and was staring out the window. Baekhyun didn't know what to say or do in this situation, he knew Chanyeol had been there when he woke up all teary eyed. He was shocked from the dream and the sudden presence of another person expectially that person being him. He had stared at Baekhyun before standing up and asking if he would like to go somewhere and they ended up at 'Mrs. Bees'

Baekhyun didn't want to go home and face his mother but they've been here for a good twenty minutes and he didn't want to keep Chanyeol here any longer, he probably had things to do and was just staying here for his sake. 

"thanks for the hot chocolate" Baekhyun said timidly something he hasn't felt in so long. 

He felt the boys eyes suddenly on him but he kept his eyes trailed into his mug. What must Chanyeol think of him now? Probably pathetic for crying at school, maybe even thinks that he's a bother.

"no problem, it looked like you could use a warm drink and I knew just the right place" Chanyeol said. 

They fell back into silence. Baekhyun is hoping he won't ask why he was crying, it'd be embarrassing to explain it.

"are you okay?" he asked and Baekhyun looks up from his cup to see Chanyeol looking at him. 

His eyes were full of concern and it made Baekhyun's heart ache, what was going on with him? What are these feelings? Why has everything been going so horribly wrong since he's gotten here?

"hey" Chanyeol says resting his large hand over Baekhyun's "I don't know what's going on with you, and I know we haven't known each other that long for you to tell me your business but you've been acting weird since this morning" he goes on "is something wrong?"

All Baekhyun could feel was the warmth of Chanyeol's hand, his chest felt like it was going to burst and his stomach was in knots. He hated these feelings, he hated everything about them, why all of a sudden? He again looked into the concerned face of the tall boy, why is he so concerned? They barely knew each other, so why?

Baekhyun slowly slides his hand from under Chanyeol's large one and stands up. The boy looks up at Baekhyun confused,

"I should get home, my mom would be worried about where I am" he says. Would she though?

Chanyeol looks at him and then at his coffee cup before standing up too "yeah, we should go" he turns around and starts towards the exit. 

Baekhyun stared at his back as he walked behind him. You wouldn't understand Baekhyun thought, you wouldn't understand having tough and emotional family problems. 

----------

Baekhyun laid on top of his bed staring at the ceiling. He avoided his mother as soon as he walked through the door, not wanting to face her after that dream. He was being stupid he knew but he just didn't know how to deal with all this. 

He slid his hand in the pocket of his sweats and pulled out his phone, scrolling through his contacts he clicked on the number and dialed it. It rung two times before they picked up,

"dad?" Baekhyun questioned.

"Baekhyun? It's been a while since you've called me I was getting worried" his strong deep voice came off distant through the phone 

"are you out somewhere?" Baekhyun asked. 

"just driving home from work, is something wrong why did you call?" 

"is it wrong to call your dad?" he said haughtily, feeling a little bit like his old self. 

"sure it's not" his dad chuckled "but normally I wouldn't be called unless your in some type of trouble" 

Baekhyun knew his dad was making a joke and normally he would enlighten him with a small laugh but he didn't this time, he couldn't, he didn't feel like laughing. 

"Baekhyun is something wrong?" he asked 

Yes. I think I have feelings for a boy I don't even know and it's getting suffocating. I know now why mom really left and I lashed out at her.

"no, nothing in particular" Baekhyun's answered.

"are you sure? How are you liking it there?"

I hate it. It's making me think about things I could've ignored back in Seoul.

"it's fine here I guess" he replied. 

"well that's good, hey kiddo I'm going to go through a tunnel so I'm going to have to hang up soon" Baekhyun now felt alone again, knowing this call with his dad is about to end. He knows he can call him whenever but he also knows how busy his dad is everyday and he got lucky that he caught him on his way home. 

"you know Baekhyun, I only sent you there to clear your head and get your life straight but if you really don't like it there you can tell me and I'll get you on the first train home" he says. 

Clear my mind huh? That hasn't really been the case. If anything my head is a big jumbled mess right now with more tougher and confusing things than what extravagant prank to do next. And would it be that easy to go home? He could tell his dad right now all the things that has happened and how miserable he is right now and he'd be able to go home, it's what he wants right? But then Chanyeol's face appears in front of him the same concerned face from before And his mothers cold face appears also, if he left now he feels like they would haunt him all the way back to Seoul.

"I think I'm fine for now" he said to his dad on the other line. 

"well, alright. I'm proud of you Baekhyun" he says before hanging up. 

He brings the phone away from his ear before rolling onto his side and curling in on himself. What am I doing? He thought to himself.