Chapter 11

A Star In Daylight

"hey guys" Sehun and Chanyeol arrive at their table in the cafeteria. The gang was sitting there chatting amongst themselves, Kyungsoo was swatting at Jongin's grabby hands that were trying to steal his fries, Minseok and Jongdae were laughing over something on their phones and Junmyeon was pointing at something in Yixing's notebook. 

They all look up as the two took their seat across from Junmyeon and Yixing, which Chanyeol felt had to be the worst spot to be, he could already feel the tenseness of Sehun's shoulders.

"Did you guys notice the new kid?" Sehun continues.

Junmyeon gives Sehun a bright smile which made him look down at his tray, cheeks heating up. 

"yeah, he's in one of my classes, he's really cute and small" Junmyeon continues with a glint in his eyes as if talking about a prized treasure. 

"Junmyeon, you're not much taller" Kyungsoo said nonchalantly while handing a napkin to Jongin who dropped some gravy on his shirt from the mashed potatoes.

Chanyeol knew that those two had a thing for each other but neither one of them was aware or acknowledged the fact that they were practically lovers. Amongst the rest, they were having a secret bet on when they'll finally realize it, Chanyeol had bet by the end of the school year. 

"hey, Kyungsoo, watch it" Sehun said pointing his fork towards him. "or I won't be responsible for damages"

"the only person with damages would be you Sehunnie" Kyungsoo smiled innocently.

Sehun got up "you wanna go, shrimp?" 

"Sehun, behave" Junmyeon placed a hand over his and you can tell Sehun's head went totally blank as he stared at the hand.

Chanyeol snickered at his best friend, he had it hard for poor naive Junmyeon. He looked down at his tray blocking out the ongoing banter between Kyungsoo and Sehun and Suho trying to stop it while helping Yixing with whatever that boy was confused over this time. Minseok and Jongdae were still in their own little world. 

Chanyeol's mind wandered away from the noisy cafeteria and back into the silent, empty hallway where him and Baekhyun had their little chat. He didn't really like rich folk for the simple fact of them being stuck up, Baekhyun wasn't really sweet or nice but he wasn't the typical rich kid he had perceived him to be. He recalled how cute he was when he was frustrated, how his face scrunched up softly when he was angry or how his cheek puffed out slightly. But he couldn't forget the way his eyes were dimming with sadness as he looked into them, was he going through something? Out of nowhere the image of Baekhyun glancing at his lips appeared and he felt a little flutter in his stomach, he had saw him doing it and felt compelled to press them against his with the way mischief twinkled behind Baekhyun's eyes. 

"Chanyeol!" he heard his name and snapped his head up to see all his friends looking at him curiously. 

"you've been spaced out for a while, is something up?" Jongdae asked 

"Ah. No, I'm good just thinking about math class" he lied, waving their concerns away.

"why the hell would you think about math class, you at math" Sehun questions giving him a skeptical look. 

"maybe he studied and got better at it, which can't be said the same for you" Kyungsoo  

Chuckles errupted around the table.

"Kyungsoo, be nice to Sehun he's sensitive" Chanyeol chimed in with the teasing.

"I'm not sensitive!" he exclaims. 

"well being sensitive isn't bad, it shows you are human and sometimes it's cute" Junmyeon says smiling at Sehun.

His face goes red and he looks taken aback "well" Sehun's starts, rubbing the back of his neck "I guess, I'm a bit sensitive sometimes" he says 

Chanyeol and Kyungsoo look at each other before smiling and high fiveing. Chanyeol smiled at his friend who now had Junmyeon's full attention now that Yixing has fallen asleep on his notebook on top of the table. 

------------

"man, why is it raining all of a sudden?" Jongin said watching as the downpour occurred from the main doors. "I don't even have an umbrella" 

"I didn't check the forecast today either" Junmyeon chimes in.

All of us stood there staring as the rain fell onto the earth, soaking anything and everything. 

"here, I brought some umbrellas, everyone will have to share" we all look over at Kyungsoo who handed us one of the four umbrellas he carried, 

"Kyungsoo, you life saver" Jongin said cheerfully embracing him. 

Chanyeol didn't miss the soft smile and slight blush that crept on Kyungsoo's face before he pushed the younger off of him "get off me and let's go" he opens the umbrella and steps outside.

"Kyungsoo, wait for me" Jongin runs out the doors to catch up with him. 

The rest of us stood there watching them walk away before turning to each other. "I place a bet Kyungsoo confesses first" we all say in unison. 

We all laugh. "well then, it's not much of a bet if we are all on the same page" Minseok said. 

"how about we bet on how long it's takes? I say two weeks" Sehun blurted out, 

"dude, are you that broke?" Chanyeol said reaching behind him towards his back pocket for his phone. 

"when you need cash, you need cash" Sehun said his eyes closed and a finger in the air, like some philosopher.

"" Chanyeol cursed. The others looked at him. "I forgot my phone in my locker, you guys go on without me" 

Chanyeol hands over the umbrella to Sehun before running off down the hall. 

He ran through the library hallway, heading further down the hall where the lockers lined the wall. He passed by the English classroom but soon came to a complete stop. Wait, was someone in there? It's wasn't uncommon for students to stay back but the lights were off in that room. 

He retraced his steps until he was peeping into the classroom. The lights were off, the only light came from outside but it wasn't much seeing as how it was raining and cloudy. But Chanyeol could definitely make out a figure form sitting in a desk by the window, they were huddled over. Chanyeol walked into the room slowly, hoping not startle the person.

As Chanyeol got closer he could make out the person more clearly and without any doubt, he knew who it was. 

"Baekhyun?" Chanyeol said quietly but got no answer. 

He raised an eyebrow before squatting low to level with him lying on the desk. Baekhyun had his eyes closed and was sleeping, Chanyeol felt a jolt in his chest as he stared at the boy. He didn't know if he should wake him up but as Chanyeol looked at his peaceful face he decided against it, instead he found himself resting his own head on his arm and observing Baekhyun's sleeping form. 

It wasn't a surprise he looked cute, even beautiful, while he slept. His body rose slowly with each soft breath he took, Chanyeol couldn't help roaming his eyes over the boys face, from his hairline to his pretty pink lips. If Baekhyun could stare at his why shouldn't he take a glance? but it was a mistake, as Chanyeol stared at his lips a strong urge came over him, he raised his free hand and brought it up to Baekhyun's face. 

He ran a finger over the side of his face toward his chin, he then used a thumb and softly ran it over Baekhyun's bottom lip. What was he doing? This was another level of creepy but his skin was so soft and those lips were so inviting, he was going to lean in when suddenly Baekhyun started to stir. Chanyeol quickly removed his hand, his heart beating harder than before, what the hell is he thinking? If this kid caught him he could file for ual harassment and sue him out of everything he owns, then his father really would kill him.

But as he looked back at Baekhyun the boy was still asleep, some hair falling into his face. Chanyeol smiled softly, why was he feeling so paranoid? He was just feeling affectionate because he looked cute while sleeping, anyone would feel this way, wouldn't they? Chanyeol knew he should leave, he still had to go get his phone, but for some reason he stayed crouched, Baekhyun's face was buried deeper in his crossed arms, Chanyeol took his hand and slowly brushed the fallen hair aside but he guessed he really should've just left because Baekhyun's head lifted and as Chanyeol looked into his face, the boys eyes were open wide with fright and tears were streaming down his cheeks.