August 11, 2017

You Belong With Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

August 11, 10.00 PM, In my room

 

MUST. NOT. PANIC.

 

*breathes in breathes out*

 

Okay, so I just arrived home from queen b-atch' party. Haknyeon just dropped me here a few minutes ago because I don't think Heechul wants me in that party any longer.

 

So me and Haknyeon arrived at that party a bit later than everyone else. Fashionably late, he said. So the party already started when we went inside.

 

Haknyeon picked this beautiful purple gradient off shoulder chiffon mini dress and a pair of silver flat shoes for me, and he told the hairdresser to trim my bangs into a see through bangs, and curled my hair. Plus, the make up artist do her magic right. She dabbed a red lip tint on my lips to create this gradient thingy, pink blush ons on my cheeks, and black mascara in my eyes. She said it was no make up-make up, and it's the best way to look naturally pretty. She was right tho.

 

He's got a pretty good fashion sense, if you ask me. I looks like I belong in Heechul's cool kids squad.

 

So, back to me and Haknyeon arriving late. Haknyeon said we have to arrive fashionably late to gather all the attention. And he's right. Everyone in the party stops whatever they are doing to look at us when we arrived.

 

Now here comes the crazy thing. Queen b-atch (with her fake smile) and Yesung (who looks really amazed by how different I look tonight) came to me and Donghae.

 

"Hey, Haknyeon” Heechul said towards Haknyeon who acted like he doesn't notice her death glare. She turns towards me "hey Ryeowook. You look pretty tonight" she said fakely.

 

"No, Heechul, you look prettier" I said just as fakely. But she indeed looks prettier than me tho...

 

I mean, who wouldn't think so? She's wearing this beautiful red bodycon dress with a halter neckline, and a black slingback pumps. Her black hair is curled and styled perfectly, and she's wearing a dark red lipstick.

 

She looks so beautiful yet mature and y. Formal yet informal. I looks like a baby next to her T^T

 

Yesung smiled at me. "Wow, wookie, you look different tonight" he said. He clears his throat "A good different, obviously"

 

I can't help but blush and smile at his comment. "Really?" I asked.

 

Yesung nods. "Yeah, I almost couldn't recognize you"

 

"Thanks, you look handsome too"

 

Heechul probably can't stand the sight of us flirting (are we even flirting tho? Yesung would never flirt with me T^T) right in front of her so she rolled her eyes pretty obviously. I'm not sure if Yesung saw her tho.

 

"Hey, Ryeowook, I heard 'a lot' from Yesung that you loves singing" Heechul said, emphasizing the word a lot.

 

Omg it means Yesung is talking about me a lot behind me. I JUST. I CAN'T. T^T

 

Now here's what completely changed this night. "You should totally sing onstage!"

 

"What?"

 

And yes, I said that out loud. I think everyone at the party heard me.

 

"You know what? That's a nice idea" Haknyeon said. "You should try"

 

Now if there's one thing I dislike from Haknyeon, it's his overly positive mindset. Does he think everyone will like me? Nah, they will hate that performance and make fun of me. Heechul knows that, that's why she's suggesting it.

 

"Yeah, Wookie, I know you'll turn this performance into a blast!" Yesung said. "And you even write your own song, didn't you?"

 

Oh. . Why. Does. He. Have. To. Mention. That.

 

I write songs for fun. One of them is "wishing upon a star" an acoustic song, basically has the same topic as You Belong With Me, only with a sad lyrics.

 

"You do?" Heechul asks. "Oh my god, that's so cool! You should really try performing!"

 

Now that 3 people has forced me to, I really can't go back. So I go up that stage and get a guitar that the guitarist lend me.

 

I take a few deep breaths and started playing the guitar after tuning it a bit. A soft, and calming melody echoed through the room, clearing the crazy atmosphere of the party.

 

You said we're just friends

You said that you wish we can stay forever like this

But is it wrong for me to have this little tiny hope?

Me, who is just a friend to you

Me, who makes you laugh every time you're sad

 

You said that there's just the two of us

You said you're fine as long as I'm with you

But why are you with her?

She, who is so much better than me

She, who hurts you so much

 

Every night, when the sky turns dark, when the moonlight shines when the stars decorate the dark sky with its beauty

I look out my window and make a wish

 

Oh Baby, every night I wish upon a star

That one day you'll see how much I love you

How much I care for you

And how much I'm hurting every time she hurts you

Oh baby, every night I wish upon a star

That you'll see that I'm the one who loves you

That I can't hurt you, even in my wildest dreams

Oh, Wishing upon a star

 

Now I'm here, sitting at my balcony while staring at you

You, who seems so troubled, trying to explain yourself to her

You, who is my pain, the same time my happiness

 

Every night, when the sky turns dark, when the moonlight shines when the stars decorate the dark sky with its beauty

I look out my window and make a wish

 

Oh baby, every night I wish upon a star

That one day you'll see how much I love you

How much I care for you

And how much I'm hurting every time she hurts you

Oh baby, every night I wish upon a star

That you'll see that I'm the one who loves you

That I can't hurt you even in my wildest dreams

Oh, Wishing upon a star

 

At night, when the stars shine so bright

When both of us would stare at each other from our balconies, smiling

When you would tell me all your problems

How much I wish upon the star that one day, you won't talk about her anymore

That one day, you'll only talk about how happy you are with me

 

Oh baby, every night I wish upon a star

That our beginning will come soon

That my patience will one day pay off

Oh baby, every night I wish upon a star

That you'll magically notice me

That you will love me

 

Wishing upon a star

 

I ended the song with one last strum of the guitar. I opened my eyes--yes. I was closing it the whole time. Even if I'm opening it, I was mostly looking at the guitar in my hands.

 

Nobody said anything. They just froze there while staring at me. I was like:

 

Great. I messed up :(

 

Then Yesung, being the nice person he is, clapped and cheered for me first. And then, as if his cheering is contagious, everybody else started cheering for me. Omg some of them even asked for an encore asdfghjkl

 

I just smiled at them before giving back the guitar and left the stage.

 

Yesung is already in front of the stairs, smiling at me. "I told you, they'll love you"

 

I rolled my eyes at him. "They only cheered for me because you started it"

 

Yesung laughs. "Nah, they were too stunned by your performance that they forgot to clap and cheer for you" he said. "I was just reminding them"

 

I blushed at that statement. Don't even ask me why. He could diss Heechul in front of me, and I would still blush at his statement.

 

Hey, is it my fault that his voice is so damn y that every single word coming out of it sounds sugarcoated?

 

Okay, anyway, I blushed and smiles shyly at him. "Thanks, Yesung-ie" I said, more of a whisper. "For being such a nice friend"

 

Yesung, who managed to hear it despite the crowd, smiles back as he stares at me. "Anything for you" he said.

 

And then none of us said anything. We were too busy smiling, and starin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter