Chapter 03

The Opposite of Solitude [REVAMP]

, , . Why the does he want me to do that? Hug him? He must be a ert young man. And, isn’t this relationship going too fast? In a relationship, shouldn’t we first like understand each other? What's wrong with him? 

Nevertheless, Chanyeol was not going to back down. It’s $200 for god’s sake. He swallowed his saliva and slowly approached the young man. For each step he took, the faster his heart thumped. 

Both stared at each other. Chanyeol had no experience in relationships—gay relationships. When Chanyeol was within an arm’s length, he lifted his arms and went straight to Baekhyun’s shoulder. It felt weird. Chanyeol thought he was hugging a woman at first because Baekhyun’s shoulder was quite feminine and ‘soft’—it wasn’t what he expected. This was his first time hugging a guy. 

It felt awkward at first, but after a few seconds, he got the hang of it, and went way overboard. Chanyeol exerted more pressure, hugging the introvert tightly, as if he might lose him. 

“Enough,” Baekhyun said, but Chanyeol continued, unable to control himself. The smell of cologne wafted into Chanyeol’s nose, causing the latter to make the hug even more intense. “I said stop Chanyeol,” he added. But it was no use. Chanyeol did not listen to him. A sound escaped from Baekhyun’s lips which made Chanyeol feel proud as he was the cause of it.
 
Or so he thought…

“Park Chanyeol, I thought you accepted the request? Come on… Go and hug me,” Baekhyun said, annoyingly. Chanyeol shook his head, knocking him out of his reverie. That was all part of Chanyeol’s daydream. Gosh, why am I having thoughts already?

Chanyeol cleared his throat, fingers sliding through his thick strands of hair. “Um, aren’t we progressing too quickly?”

Baekhyun sighed. “Hey I am being serious here. If you don’t want to do it, then forget about this whole thing.” He seethed with anger, as if he wasted his time explaining to Chanyeol everything since morning. Baekhyun lifted up his wrist to check the time.

At once, Chanyeol said, “Okay, I will do it.” He didn’t want to lose this rare opportunity.

Chanyeol gulped before beginning to take baby steps towards his ‘boyfriend.’ He analysed Baekhyun’s expression at every step he took. As he reached closer to Baekhyun, he realised something: Baekhyun himself seemed to blush and his hands shivered slightly. His black eyes concentrated on the floor, and then at random faraway objects.

You can do it, Park Chanyeol. You are not the only one being embarrassed and awkward, Baekhyun is feeling those emotions too. 'Fighting!' he chanted, and now stood right in front of the introvert—too close that he even saw that tiny black mole under his eyes.

This was the first time Chanyeol was up this close with someone he just met. He can't help but scrutinise Baekhyun's face. He had gorgeous eyes and a sharp jawline and a slightly tanned skin. A light hint of vanilla and baby shampoo exuded too. The smell was rather soothing and intriguing—definitely from a luxurious brand.

After admiration, Chanyeol gave a warning. “Here goes…” He then wrapped his arms around Baekhyun’s shoulders, feeling the taut muscles in his body. The introvert stood straight, hands by his side, not knowing how to react. Since Chanyeol was taller, he naturally rests his head on Baekhyun’s shoulders. 

Baekhyun, on the other hand, had his face buried in Chanyeol's chest. He listened to the tall guy's rapid heartbeat pounding against his ears. For some reason, he felt safe and secure, as if Chanyeol would rush to protect him whenever he was placed in a dangerous situation. This was the first time the introvert felt this way—the feeling that someone can protect him at all costs, just like a knight in shining armour. 

On the other hand, Chanyeol was just there hugging with little emotions, not thinking much because he was just doing it for the reward.

Both remained still for a minute. No one talked and there were very little body movements. Only the rustling of the leaves and the howling gales were heard. Chanyeol then broke the silence. “Um, is it enough? My arms are starting to hurt…” 

There was no response. He contemplated to ask the second time, but just then, Baekhyun slowly backed off. The latter took a few steps backward, and stared at the tall male. Chanyeol was looking down, his expression gloomy yet satisfied. Baekhyun seemed to be in deep thoughts, just like attempting theory questions from a Bachelor's Degree. 

The introvert then reached for his wallet and took out two $100 dollar notes.

Baekhyun handed the notes over to Chanyeol, and said in a solemn voice. “Thanks for the hug, Chanyeol. I shall now take my leave.” He slung his bag back to his shoulder and exited the garden. Chanyeol remains rooted on the ground, but his hands clutched the notes tightly.

After seeing the introvert leave, Chanyeol’s lips then curved to a smile. 

“Oh yeah! I accomplished that weird mission,” he exclaimed. I mean, why do I even have to hug him in school and at such random timing? And, what if someone else sees us? My reputation will definitely be at risk! On a serious note, he frowned. “This money… can I accept it? And what’s wrong with Baekhyun? He seems... depressed, or, did I disappoint him with my hug?” 

Well… whatever…  Chanyeol shrugged. He placed the notes in his pockets and resumed his duties in a thrilled mood, though Baekhyun supposed to help him.