Chapter 1

Dr01d (Hiatus)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Taeyeon wasn’t your normal twenty year old. Ever since she was a little girl, her parents have told her over and over again that she was special and that her safety was the most important thing above all.

When she was five years old, she asked her parents to get her new books because she’d already read every single one they owned.

Her parents helped her study, not that she needed it, and always told her how much they loved her.

Her mom insisted on teaching her every single recipe she knew and her dad taught her how to build gadgets with any materials she had around.

She lived in a big house in the middle of a forest. It was surrounded by a high wall and tall trees, that kept it hidden from everyone who happened to walk by that area.

 

Taeyeon was highly aware that her parents were hiding, not only they lived in the middle of nowhere but they also haven’t allowed her to leave the house for years. She had a few friends but she could only contact them once a year and through letters.

 

When she turned eighteen, her parents sat her down to talk.

“Honey, we know you have a lot of questions about why we live here.” Her dad said and she nodded. “There’s some people who want to take you away from us.” Her eyes opened wide.

“Me? But why? Who?” She asked frantically.

“It’s a long story, but it’s time for you to know.” Her dad sighed. “You were born in a small town called Hope, we lived and a nice neighborhood where everyone knew each other. Your mom used to teach in the school and I worked in a company that fixed mostly appliances, we used to love it there…”.

 

 

They called themselves The Prospects. A group of scientists who, for years, met in a secret base just outside of Hope. The base was massive with multiple underground tunnels leading to facilities where they conducted their experiments.

At first they just wanted to build a better future for the population, a new system that would guarantee the minimal use of natural resources to the point of not using any at all for the better of the planet. They implemented new ways to generate power, produce larger quantities of food and have almost pure air.

It was a utopia. Everyone was happy and they had little to nothing to worry about.

That was until the nearby towns found out about their way of life and wanted to adopt it. The Prospects refused to share their knowledge with anyone outside of their town. The mayor offered them to sell it but money wasn’t something they valued. After a series of meetings with the city officials, The Prospects decided to seize City Hall and take over managing Hope.

They wanted to be in control of everything, from laws to whatever TV show was currently playing in everyone’s home. But not everyone liked it so whoever was against them was no longer welcome. They started researching the citizens of Hope, finding out what skills they had that would benefit them.

The first thing they did was build an army, with the strongest and extremely talented with weapons, to assure their safety and be able to keep the citizens under control.

But that wasn’t enough. They were hungry for power, and for that they needed more people o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter