005 pt1

young gods / kim taehyung : stigma
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

a/n: goddamn, another two-parter. i do this to myself i swear. enjoy :))

Jade

My old roommate and Jimin were the only two people who talked to me after that.

For an entire month, my classmates acted as if I was invisible. Teachers skipped my name during attendance, the moment I sat down at a table for a lecture, the seats around me emptied, the people that worked at the lunchroom refused to serve me.

And once people realize that I wasn’t going to hurt them, they began the torment.

“Stupid, white witch ,” I heard the familiar tagline as I swept through the hallway quietly. It was a Tuesday. Tuesdays were the worst. I had no classes with Jimin or my roommate Victoria. And almost two lectures with Taehyung in the same room.

I sat in class while he let his classmates avoid me like the plaque or treat me to small but painful displays of their magic under the desks. He never spared me a glance, just kept his eyes glued to the teacher, the second that class ended, he left. Sometimes it was hard to remember that he used to jump at any sound to protect me. These were different times. His absence didn’t make the heart fonder, it ripped at my heart so painful that some hard nights it grew physical. Jimin and Victoria could do nothing but hold me down while writhed on the floor.

I was so incredibly thankful for them. I’d never had friends that knew who I really was, it was strange not having to lie to them.

“He’ll get over it, they all will,” Jimin assured me almost every time I saw him. Their circle had failed to continue, breaking up shortly after I had returned the pendant. Jimin hadn’t agreed to how Taehyung and Jungkook had treated me. Yoongi had graduated a semester early.

“No,” I sighed, cleaning the trash out of my locker for the second time today. “They never do.” The way that people around town had started treating me as they all slowly found out made me feel as if I had white witch tattooed to my forehead.

Why hadn’t I just moved like I normally did when I was found out? Unfortunately, it was something I was used to. Something held me here and I knew that its first name was Taehyung.

He hated me, but I couldn’t leave him. Besides, we graduated in less than two months. He would leave, doing something that I could barely force myself to do.

“Jade,” I heard Jimin from my room as I walked inside and I flicked the lights on to find him sprawled out sleepily on our couch. “How was class?”

“The usual hell,” I say, dropping my bags. “Ow,” I muttered, feeling the small electronic anklet sting. Not three hours after we dropped out of the championship and returned to campus, the headmaster had approached me hold the anklet.

“A mass of angry school board directors walked into my office today, I’m sorry, this was the best I could do.” She said. The anklet tracked me everywhere about. Like a criminal. Sometimes it malfunctioned and sparked, and I like to imagine that some sadist was sitting in a room somewhere just waiting to shock me.

“I can’t believe they made you wear that,” Jimin tells me for the hundredth. He had been angry, grabbing me by the arm and storming into the headmaster’s office after he noticed I was wearing. He’d said a lot of choice words but nothing had changed. “You’re not on house arrest.”

I sigh loudly, dropping my book bag onto the floor beside the couch and flap down on top of his legs.

“Oof,” he makes a noise, shifting his legs so they’re under my knees instead. “How was class?”

“Excruciating,” I mutter, tipping my head back. “As always. How was last night?” I deadpan.

Jimin turns to me sharply. “What do you mean?”

“I can hear you two,” I turn to him dryly. “The wall between Heather’s room and mine is very thin.”

Jimin’s face turns red, uncharacteristic for him, but amusing none the less.

“What are you two now?” I ask, raising an eyebrow. “Still just talking?”

He shuts his eyes. “I really don’t want to talk to you about this.” I laugh at his obvious anguish.

“Look, I really don’t mind that you’re having with my roommate, I just don’t want to have to hear right before falling asleep. Gives me nightmares.” I tell him. He blushes an even darker red if that was possible. We’re silent for a moment. “How’s Taehyung,” I ask. It’s clockwork. He asks me how my day was, I ask him how Taehyung is doing.

“Same old,” Jimin tells me. “He still talks to Jungkook, Yoongi, and I even though we aren’t part of a circle anymore. He’s been going out a lot too.” Jimin looks at me cautiously.

“What does that look mean?” I ask, furrowing my eyebrows.

“Going out with girls,” he clarifies.

Oh. Oh.

“He can do what he wants,” I say, trying to brush off his words. “I don’t have a right to say anything.”

“He’ll get over this, Jade,” Jimin says, turning to look at me. “I don’t understand why he hasn’t already, but he will.”

“No, he won’t, Jimin,” I say, shaking my head. “This isn’t the first time being a white witch has pushed people I care for away. They never come back.”

Jimin opens his mouth, but he can only repeat his words. “He’ll get over it.”

I was a white witch, feared and hated around the country. The catalyst of the horrific magic wars in the fifteen hundred. We were rare, but for a reason. You’re born a white witch, but not because your parents are. It befalls on newborns like a curse, completely random. They have the power of two skins, a normal human one, and a supernatural form. The supernatural form of a white witch is said to be compared to that of angels. Thus, the term white witch.

According to legends, white witches were hand selected by some higher supernatural power to serve the people, to vanquish the darkness with light. But too much power is a drug.

And while the witch wars are a thing of the far past, almost every single white witch was today have openly been affiliated to cruel massive circles that have taken credit for every terrorist attack on mages from 2005. Almost every white witch, the rest hide their identity to avoid the hard stares and to keep circles from finding and trying to recruit them.

Since the championship, I had been approached several times by different circles. Each with their own slogan of spreading terror. All but the circle that I had been shipped off to as a child. I knew that by staying at this university was practically waving a red flag above my head, but what could I do? The thought of leaving Taehyung drove me nearly mad. Even though he hated me.

I’d hid behind promoter magic for so long, it hadn’t been hard to learn as was quite a good way of expelling the excess magic that my mage marks produced. But the mask was an irony in itself.

“What are you two doing?” I hear Victoria ask and I turn to see her walking towards us. I hadn’t heard her walk in.

“Nothing,” I slid off the couch onto the floor and she joins me. Victoria accepting me as a friend had been a total surprise to me. When we had been roommates before I left to join Taehyung’s circle, we had gotten along okay. But we were nowhere near as close as we were now. It was as if somehow me being a white witch brought

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter