A Transfer Student

Blinded by the Scenery

Spring has finally arrived, the aroma of sweet flowers filling the air, a strong breeze rustling up the fallen cherry blossoms from beautiful, fully bloomed trees. This was Byeongkwan's favorite time of year, his eyes were always fixated on the scenery forgetting his surroundings. Time escaped him, before he knew it the first bell rang out to alert students class was starting.  "Ah! I'm going to be late...!" He dashed down the paved road and through the school's hallways, bursting through the door covered in sweat.

"Looks like Jason is late again~." A classmate hooted, causing the other students to join in with laughter. "Hahaha, I know. I know." Byeongkwan waved his hand towards them, signaling them to quite down. "Don't tease me all the time, Chan~." He walked towards his seat, passing the curly haired boy down the aisle and gently pushing his head to show affection. He took his seat behind Chan, leaning forward and speaking in a soft voice in order to not gain attention from the teacher. "So. What did I miss?" He nudged on Chan's shoulder until he received a reply. "Aish, stop that. You didn't miss much. We have a transfer student thou-" Before he could finish his sentence, Jason interrupted him with a loud screech "Ehhhhh?! Here?! Who is it?!" It was rare to receive new students at this school, so Jason could not control his excitement. "Excuse me, Mr. Kim. Can you please not have an outburst like that again in my classroom?" The teacher was quick to scold the blonde and continued with the lesson.

"Hahaha, you got in trouble twice this morning already. Keep your voice down. That's the new kid over there." His finger pointed to the boy sitting next to the open window. "But be warned, he wouldn't even talk to a ray of sunshine like me!" His bottom lip was quick to curve as Chan pouted from being rejected for the first time in his life. 

"That's him?" Byeongkwan became speechless, which was rare. There was a beautiful background in the window as the cherry blossoms flew in the air, but what really captured his eye was the raven-hair boy in front of it. His eyes were like camera lenses, focusing only on one point as the background becomes a blur. Wait. What was he thinking? He patted his cheeks to regain himself. It must have just been the scenery that made him feel so weird. Right? He found himself stealing glances towards the black haired beauty. Why was he so fascinated with him? Jason loves bright and colorful things, but the man in front of the window made everything seem gloomy. Yet he still couldn't look away. 

The bell rang for lunch, as sighs of relief filled the entire room. Jason was quick to bounce up, even surprising Chan as he heard him push through the desk, He approached the mysterious transfer student, his lunch in his hands wrapped in a cute blue polka dotted handkerchief. "Hi, my name is Jason~! What's yours? Are you eating in the classroom? Do you mind if I sit next to you? Ooh, looks like you have something homemade~. Did you cook it?" Everyone was in awe as Jason bombarded the poor man with questions, not giving him time to reply between each one. What made everyone really surprised though was the different auras they gave off. Jason was well-loved by everyone, including the teachers when he wasn't interrupting them. As for the new student, he wouldn't speak to anyone. He never even properly introduced himself to the class. "T-the name is Seyoon. I guess it's okay if you sit there." He wouldn't look up and kept facing towards the ground. It seemed cold to the other students, but Jason noticed his ears were rather red and found how shy he was as a cute trait of his. "Thanks! Hehe." He sat backwards in the chair in front of Seyoon's desk so he could face him properly. "So... Like I asked before, did you make that?' He small finger pointed towards the well put together lunch box. "Ah... Yeah, I am sort of good at cooking." He finally raised his head up to see Jason's lunch. "Did you make yours?" He felt as though it would be rude not to return the question. "Um... Haha, well I did. But everything is burnt. I can't really cook. I mean, look at this!" He picked up one the eggs on the side with his chopsticks, showing a completely blackened bottom. "What.. What is that?" Seyoon burst into laughter, catching the entire room by surprised. His teeth that peaked through his rose lips were as white as a pearl, giving him a gentle smile. However, he was quick to stop himself as he noticed the attention he received and went to stuffing his face with a lettuce wrap, avoiding all eye contact. "Why'd you stop laughing? You have an extremely cute smile." Jason's words made Seyoon's heart skip a beat. "Ah.. Um..." A red shade painted his face, he searched him mind for something to say but it came up blank. "Sorry, was that weird?" The blonde laughed what he said off, thinking he had made Seyoon uncomfortable. "Anyways, do you wanna go home together after school? You can come hang out at my house. I live by myself, my parents pay for my rent so I can go to school here." His nose scrunched up as he formed a smile. "Okay.. " He replied in a timid voice, but his expression revealed how happy he was.

 

 

To Be Continued...?