cynical is delusion

Cynical is Delusion

WARNING: keep your expectation low…

“It’s nine p.m. Why Seyeon isn’t home yet?” Oh Sehun the father of two kids, age thirty five asked his wife about his teenage daughter.

The so called wife was named Jiyeon. Knowing too well how disturbing Sehun could be when it comes to their rebellious daughter she soothingly said. “It’s Friday so she said she’ll be a home ten. Don’t worry she’s with her girlfriends.”

Sitting lazily on the sofa Sehun gave his wife that creepy look that send shivers down her spine and the fact, Sehun know he had this affect so he decided to calmly warn his frail wife who by the way doesn’t deserve to be treated harshly because of her weak personality. And Sehun was never harsh with her, ever. But when it comes to their daughter, Sehun end up losing the kind man nickname and his wife defending the brat made him feel like he was wrong when in fact Sehun believed he was right.

“If you didn’t call her within five minutes, I’m going to go out and drag her home whether she likes or not. She could complain all about her being humiliated and I wouldn’t bat an eyelash.”

Jiyeon gulped. It was true he did that with his daughter few times. The first time he did, she end up crying but the next time she sulked, the third time she talked back which end up her getting grounded, fourth time she sneaked out and that was the last time she decided to not go out without informing her pretty mother. That time Sehun was so mad that he flipped the house and for two days in row he didn’t came home, saying he had ‘friends to meet’. That of course made Jiyeon the saddest women on earth and the only reason Sehun came back home after two days was for his wife. Hearing she was crying for him and lose appetite made him dash back the moment he heard. But just because he came for his wife doesn’t mean he forgave his daughter. He treated her coldly for a week until Seyeon had break down to him crying her heart saying he doesn’t love her anymore. Only then he decides to forgive his precious daughter.

So Jiyeon answered in a quiet voice. “You don’t even have a lash to bat it.”

Sehun raised his eyebrows with a scowl.

“Don’t change the topic Babe.”

Jiyeon begrudgingly decided to call their eighteen years old daughter.

“Dear, um… your father is asking you to come home right now. Can you do that?... But he said if you didn’t come he’ll come there himself… You sure?... okay take care.”

“What did she say?” Sehun asked right after the call was ended.

Jiyeon nervously looked around. “Uh… amm she said… she’ll be home at ten…”

The expression on Sehun’s face falls as he stood up. The lazy aura surrounding him vanished as he went to wear his slippers; taking his car keys he called Jiyeon.

“I’m going to get her here. How many times did I tell you to not let her stay out late but you keep spoiling her. Are you even worried about her safety?” He scolded his wife, didn’t even once turned around to look at the hurt expression. Blinded by anger.

The door was slammed shut as Jiyeon silently stared at it. Trying to calm her heart that was broken by but she believed Sehun didn’t mean to scold her. He was just worried for his daughter. Yep that was it so there was nothing wrong.

Then why did she still end up with tear filled eyes?

“Mommy, are you sad?” Her seven year old son, Jongsoo asked with wide curious eyes.

Finding her son staring at her from the side she wiped her tears and smiled sadly. “No baby boy. Did you finish your homework? Do you want me to help you?”

“I just completed.” He said quietly, as If understanding his mama was hurt.

It was no surprise in the Oh family how Jiyeon was. She was shy, peaceful, kind, careful and frail heart person. She could be easily hurt with small care less words so Sehun and Seyeon normally didn’t go all wild with her while her son was a kid who saw how his elders were so he mimic them and showed his love to her, pure genuine love.

 

Jiyeon had finished preparing dinner when the outdoor opened and came in her daughter with pissed off expression behind her, was her husband with the same pissed off expression. The fact they look like twin was creepy. Seyeon was a copy of her father; expect her kind and beautiful eyes which resembled Jiyeon. Even the mole on the side of Sehun’s neck was inherited to her. Nose, lips, eyebrows, face shape, skin color, height, and they were both skinny no matter how much they ate. They could be called brother and sister because Sehun was blessed with a horrible beauty that didn’t make him get less y as he aged. It was like he was in his late twenties; he looked like that even when he was eighteen years old. He never aged, his expression matured and his voice got deeper and deeper but those things made him even more flawless.

Seyeon greeted her mother with a kiss before storming to her room. Sehun slumped down on the sofa in his previous position, as if he never left.

 

The dinner was quietly spent until Jongsoo remembered something. He was kid but he observed things well.

“Daddy,” He called for his father’s attention that was too busy in stuffing his mouth with big spoon full of rice and kimchi and meat all the while without stopping to take breath. He was a savage eater when mad and food was good too.

“Daddy!” Jongsoo called loudly and only then did Sehun gulped down the food disgustingly before staring at his son innocently. Oh god, this man was his father when he acted like he was five.

“Yes baby boy?” Finally acted like a father.

“Daddy when you left, mommy was crying. When I asked what was wrong she said did you finish your homework.”

That devil mouth, Jiyeon hissed and when the whole table attention was on her, she looked down fidgeting in her place. It was obvious she didn’t like the attention on her.

“Babe, did you cry when I left?” Sehun asked with concerned expression.

Seyeon casually started eating. “You made her sad, again.”

Sehun has the great urge to teach his daughter a lesson to not talk like this with her elders but he was too busy looking at his wife for truth.

He knows he was at fault for making her cry and that was something Sehun couldn’t handle. He was whipped, like how his daughter says to him.

“Were you sad because of me?” Sehun asked to Jiyeon guiltily. ‘Obviously’ Seyeon muttered and Sehun hasn’t enough time to glare at the girl because he was waiting for an answer.

Jiyeon laughed nervously. “Sehun, Jongsoo doesn’t know what he’s sa-”

“Are you lying to me, babe?” He looked at her disapprovingly.

“Sehun…” Jiyeon quietly said.

Sehun stood up from his place and the two kids know what was going to happen so they mentally gagged at what was going to happen, silently leaving the table.

“Babe…” Sehun called deeply, leaning closer to his wife. Caging her in the middle of his two arms, he stared intensely at the shy women. “Tell me truth. Did you cry?”

Jiyeon bite her lips unintentionally. “I… I did…”

“Why?” He breathed to her ear.

Jiyeon closed her eyes feeing the warm breath on her sensitive neck.

“Be-because you… practically accused me of not worrying about our daughter…” She truthfully answered.

“I’m sorry love. You know I would never say such a disgusting thing intentionally right? I was just being over protective bastard so please… forgive me?” He asked sweetly, all the way leaning in to her lips and pecked it few times innocently. They were still in dining table so at the very least he respected that.

“I forgave you.” Jiyeon said shyly eyes sinking down from hot feelings.

“Oh god I love you so much babe.” Sehun whispered to her ears before diving for a deep, wet kiss.

“Sehun stop, there’s food here.” Jiyeon weakly pushed Sehun away.

In return Sehun smirked naughtily. “Food? Do you want me to use food in our love making?”

Jiyeon gasped in horror as she pulled her shameless man away from herself with a deep shade of red flushed her face and ears springing to her room.

In the way, Sehun’s boisterously bright laugher surrounded the house in peaceful harmony.

 

Late night of 3rd December Oh and Park family were together in the living room.

Sehun and Chanyeol were best friends. They always were, in fact Chanyeol was the one who helped Sehun and Jiyeon to get together. Now Chanyeol was good person, he really was but Sehun had grudge against the funny and loud man even though they are best friends. Because his wife use to be closer to him and that made him jealous. And also Chanyeol’s son was eyeing his daughter in a not so innocent way which Sehun was so displeased with but kept the concern to himself for the night.

Jiyeon and Hyeri and were inside the kitchen, probably preparing hot chocolate.

“You’re beautiful you know?” Changmin flirted with Sehun’s daughter who gave him a bored look.

It was also the moment Sehun ‘accidently’ walked passed by them. “Beautiful?” Sehun asked then shake his head with a fake smile. “No son, she’s not beautiful. She’s manly because she looks like me. You can’t call me beautiful son.”

Seyeon dropped her head in shame and wondered how much more her father could be shameless. She walked to the kitchen immediately.

Changmin awkwardly smiled not knowing what to do. “I understand Mr. Oh.”

Sehun nodded firmly. “You should.”

“Sehun! Stop dicking around and bring your full here!” Chanyeol hollered, knowing Sehun was bullying his son.

Sehun smirked as he cat walked to the living room. “Why, do you perhaps have half ?”

“No, I’m a full man, could work with half .” Chanyeol waved his hand like he was a popular celebrity or something.

“Sly shut up.” Sehun casually cursed and he was only able to do so because there weren’t any ladies around.

“Am I? I’m not the one ing about their daughter’s love life. Stop being a jealous father and let her grow up. She’s not the girl you use to be baby and even then she hated how you gave her your disgusting kisses.”

“She loved that when she was baby.” Sehun frowned, thinking why his daughter suddenly changed like this. So distant and cold towards him. She use to find comfort in his arms only but the older she got, she avoided him.

The snow was covering the streets outside beautifully; more was falling from the dark sky which was a little brightened up thanks to the white snow. Everyone was probably home eating something hot to warm them.

“I brought a surprise today.” Chanyeol exclaimed joyfully.

“Chanyeol, shut up.” Sehun said lazily drinking his hot chocolate, Jiyeon sitting between his legs.

Ignoring the dull expressions of the lazy peoples, Chanyeol jumped up from rummaging through his wife’s bag to get a USB. With a smirk he stared at everyone.

“Guys I know how lazy butts you are but when you’ll watch this, you’ll probably be interested. But first I need Sehun to promise me something.”

Still dull and lazy expression, they all turned to Sehun, mentally begging him to just promise so that the giant could close his mouth again. He was too noisy for a lazy night.

“Yeah yeah I promise to whatever you wanted to say.”

Sometimes, Sehun really need to use his mind. He would surely regret for promising like this. Tonight he was going to learn a lesson about it.

“Great.” Was the only husky reply before he plucked the USB on the TV’s backside.

It started with blank screen. Then there were something written on the black screen. In bold pink color to not escape the eyes.

OH SEHUN AND PARK JIYEON LOVE JOURNEY

Sehun choked on his drink once he saw what was written.

Jiyeon almost cried because no, she doesn’t wants to see that. Anything but that. The most embarrassing time of her life.

“Stop the damn thing Park Chanyeol!” Sehun yelled, gently trying to get up and rolling his sleeve up because all of a sudden it wasn’t cold. His blood was boiling pretty fine to warm his body up.

“Hey you promised me!” Chanyeol childishly whined, smirked afterwards at the rage Sehun was showing.

Sehun glared the hardest he had in his whole life because that betrayer of a friend deserves to die and Sehun was going to do that.

The fuss Sehun was making was entirely new level of his usual over protective attitude. It made kids curious about what was really inside that could make Sehun this aggressive. There’re not many things that made Sehun angry, actually it was only when his daughter didn’t listen to him but now this? It was interesting.

“Daddy you promised uncle Chanyeol.” Jongsoo said when Sehun was breathing heavily. “You said no one should break promises, daddy.”

Oh that little devil. Really, he talked less and when he did, it was for a bigger scheme.

“Keep your promise dad, or you just know how to talk.” Seyeon rudely said, challenging him. Sehun was furious, but he was teaching his kids good manners and his daughter just questions his ability of being a good father. Sehun wasn’t going to give her a chance to treat him like this. No way.

He became totally quiet alongside Jiyeon.

They had seen Chanyeol in few occasions filming them and those were the most embarrassing moments as they remembered.

And it started. With photos.

(I’m going to just write it as a story and, even when Chanyeol wasn’t there in reality but it’s a fanfic and nothing is impossible ;) hehe)
 

 

It was another day for Jiyeon admiring her crush from a far. Like every other girl would do. Standing next to her lockers and getting her books out with a speed compared snail she admired her dream man; laughing and talking loudly among his friends like a popular boy he is. Just like every day.

Oh Sehun.

The most lovely and cool boy in the entire school. Of course let’s not forget that makes him loved by many, confessed by many. Rarely did he date girls who confessed to him otherwise he was single. He was nice and not play boy even though he was more cold then nice but that doesn’t matter. For Jiyeon catching his glimpse was more than enough. He probably doesn’t even know she exist because he was ignorant too. He doesn’t know most of his teachers name so how come he would remember Jiyeon, the girl he saved three years ago from bad boys.

Jiyeon clearly remembered that night as if it was last night. That was a big fat lie. She doesn’t remember it that good because she was scared less but you know the story should be a little bit dramatic so for the sake of it sounding dramatic goes along with the idea she remembered that night as if it happened yesterday.

So far so good.

Anyway it was December 10th 2014 cold night. She was walking alone in the dark streets with two bags of grocery tightly grasped. She was shivering even though her two jackets were layered on top of her sweaters and two light shirts underneath the sweater. Yes, she looked like a penguin with her short legs covered by blue jeans and a red beanie on her head resemble a Christmas.

As she was walking suddenly came four to five boys around whistling like a pack of rogue wolfs as they eyed her up shamelessly. And till to day Jiyeon wondered what were they checking out? A penguin?

Nonetheless they eyed her square circle or whatever it was body. Jiyeon being the dump and hideous girl gave them questioned looks which they responded with smirks. Jiyeon had shrugged them off and was ready to walk pass by them even though the entire four meter vertical street was empty waiting for someone to pass by but no- she decided to walk pass by them as if there were fifty other people trying to pass the street while struggling. In case if the few paper balls needed more space to fly then you can’t blame Jiyeon. She was being considered towards paper balls.

Even the boys were surprised how she ditched the entire street and walk in their way that when she walked passed them, they realized they shouldn’t just stand still and make a fool out of themselves and actually do something.

One of them grabbed her wrist and turns her around to face them.

Jiyeon stared clueless at the boys.

“Girl where do you think you’re going this late?” The guy asked mockingly as the others surround her in circle.

The thing was, any sane normal girl would have fought her way out sensing the danger but it was Jiyeon we are talking about.

Casually she balanced her weight on her left feet and crossed her arms.

“Oh I just went for grocery shopping. I’m going home. And you?”

Suddenly it was too quiet.

They all had this deadpanned expression. Until one of them cleared his throat.

“Didn’t your mama tell you sweet girls shouldn’t linger alone at night?”

Jiyeon had the nerve to laugh at that statement. “Oh yeah she did but you know how over protective parents can be making up lies and so on to stop their children from being happy without them.”

The boys shared looks among each other having this mental message how the girl was so retard for their liking. They might have for the first time encounter such a girl in their life. It would be easy to fool her.

“Hey sweet girl, you’re beautiful-” Someone gagged from the behind because the girl with face full of acne, pimples black spots sun burns large pores wearing grandma glasses was anything but beautiful for them (Honestly everyone is pretty but I had to write this for the fanfic to be more dramatic).

“So why don’t we play a little?” One asked with a smirk.

Jiyeon stared at the man from head to toe the only odd looking one. And she blurted out the first thing came to her mind.

“You’re ugly, are you even a teenager?” She asked completely oblivious.

The boy groaned at the insult, he tightly grasped Jiyeon’s wrist and lift the other to slap the girl. Jiyeon noticed this widened her eyes before closing them shut. She doesn’t want to get beat up by stranger. She was truly in danger. The impact of the raised palm never came but she heard some cursed and her other hand was snatched by someone else and that’s when she opened her eyes while being pushed behind this gorgeous boy’s back as he stood in front of her protectively.

“Back off. How dare you raise a hand on girl?” Her savior hissed at the boys who were all glaring at her savior.

It was too soon for her liking when her hero starts fighting against those boys. Making sure all were on the ground, her savior clutched her wrist and drag her away from the scene. Until they were far enough from those, the boy stopped to catch his breath like a charming boy he is. On the other side Jiyeon was dying to breathe, falling on the ground she breathed inhuman like. It gained her a really horrible look from the prince charming but her life was more important at the moment so she kept breathing like a horse until a minute later.

“Thank you for saving me.” She said in a really relieved tone.

The guy only nodded as he tried to walk away but Jiyeon was going to have none of it. The guy just stole her heart so at the very least she should know his name.

“Wait what’s your name?” Jiyeon asked shamelessly ogling at the perfect being.

“Uh… Sehun… Oh Sehun.” The boy said and ran away as if he was creped out in the dark street like a knight in shining armor. Her love.

Jiyeon smiled at the beautiful memory. Oh god how much she was blessed. Closing her locker she stared at the disappearing figure of her love happily walking away.

Unlike before, Jiyeon wasn’t the same nerdy girl and care less about herself. Yes, she was still lonely and avoided human race whenever she can but at least she take care of her appearance now. Her face was natural, it wasn’t overly flawless, just ordinary and she was satisfied with it.

Walking to her class the only thing occupied her mind was today she’s going to confess her undying love to Sehun. She was hundred percent sure he would reject her or even humiliate her which was so unlikely him but still she should be prepared for the worst. Oh by the way, she wasn’t only hideous but also friendless so she had no one to ask for help if Sehun suddenly decided to bully her for confessing her love because he was so great of a person. This again was unlikely. Sehun wasn’t rude unless others started to be one.

Sitting on her chair she like an obedient student jolted down the notes and just was her perfect nerd self. Nothing new.


The day passed as the last bell ringed. Jiyeon was nervous by that time as her body kept shivering ready for the worst.

What would come first, beating? Or Humiliation? Or… is there anything worse than these two?

She had slipped a later in Sehun’s locker earlier telling him to come to the roof top. And while she was going upstairs she regretted for making him come out at such a place. Now what if he would be too disgusted and try to throw her from the top? What if he beat her to death and no one would save her because they would be alone. Or worse what if he does something bad to her because he hates her?! Oh god what did she do she was in great danger. Why didn’t she think this through before going along with her plan? She could back out now right? She could not show up and pretend it never happened that way nothing would happen Sehun would leave peacefully. Happy ending.

But who was she kidding?

It was hard to resist the chance she had to confess her feelings to her love after three years so after him rejecting her she could live her life without any regrets and once again another happy ending for her.

She opened the old rusty door which made a really annoying sound of screech, stepping in her eyes landed at Sehun’s broad back filled with muscles and he was staring down, his elbows resting on the rail as the cool air pushed his hair around. She stood still staring at the beautiful scenery; having the great urge to snap a photo until her object of interest turned out all so abruptly caught her off guard. She gasped at the narrowed eyes and lowered her head in utter nervousness.

It was quiet for few seconds and Jiyeon was thankful Sehun wasn’t rushing her to talk because she would’ve fainted on the spot.

“I… uh i… love you…” She confessed feeling everything vanish from sight waiting for the worst to happen.

“I see.”

Jiyeon would’ve questioned what kind of thing it was to say when someone confessed to you? Was he an idiot?!

Jiyeon looked up nervously to see if he was mad or something because his answer was one of retard while his tone was… as if telling her to talk more?

Their eyes met and Jiyeon was stunned once again. Was this person human? Jiyeon felt pang in her heart. She knows she was going to get rejected but… she wasn’t ready. Wetness starts surrounding her eyelids and before she could break down right there, she forced the words out from .

“Would you be my boyfriend?”

She didn’t lift her head. She was too ashamed to do and beside when she received quietness she got her answer. So for the last time she raised her head to give him one weak smile as a goodbye.

“Fine, let’s date.”

WHAT THE ?!

She was dead and collapsed on the floor right in front of the shocked Sehun and screamed so loudly as if something bad happen to her.

“You… Uh you okay?” Sehun’s uncertain voice was heard and Jiyeon could only nod like a dumb person.

“Cool. Give me your phone number.” Sehun handed his hand out for Jiyeon to give him her phone while she still sit on the ground with drool coming out of .

Immediately wiping it with the back of her sleeve she handed Sehun her phone. Not even thinking twice how it was disgusting but when she can’t find any trace of disgust on Sehun’s cool face, she didn’t give it much though. After all she didn’t come all the way here to be his girlfriend. She just came to confess with the hope to leave with her dignity which by the way she have none.

When Sehun handed her phone back, she was standing with her shivering figure because it was still impossible for this to happen.

“We are boyfriend girlfriend now… right?” Jiyeon asked to make sure. What if Sehun had said he wanted to be friend and not lover? She would be screwed then.

Sehun gave her an annoyed look. Walking closer to her, he knocked her gently which a scolding frown on his curvy eyebrows.

“You asked me out and I said yes. What that makes us?” Sehun asked, too close for Jiyeon’s liking.

Jiyeon gulped before answering slowly. “Uh… couples?”

As if satisfied with her answer he pinched her nose gently with a boyish smile.

“Yep. Couples. We are dating. So no cheating okay?” He said playfully his eyes turning crescents.

Jiyeon swore on her life she would never cheat on Sehun otherwise she will kill herself.

“Of course cheating isn’t allowed.” She murmured quietly.

Sehun smiled patting her head he walked first to the door and left her standing there alone like a fool.

 

That night Jiyeon kept staring at her phone waiting for Sehun to at least send her one emoji if not a word. Yet her text messages were cleaned. No call from Sehun. Only his number on her phone was the indication she was dating Sehun. After the time he left from the roof top she didn’t meet him, not even once. And as you know Sehun still didn’t call her and all. She wondered if Sehun actually care for her? He didn’t even tell her to go home safely. What kind of boyfriend he was?

So careless. But again he could be busy in his soccer practice or having one of his friend’s night outs. Just because Jiyeon doesn’t have friends doesn’t mean Sehun was like her. He has a huge circle of friends and they were mostly popular people just like Sehun. Now he was dating a nerd of the school. Seriously why would Sehun agree to date her? No on in sane mind would do that so why someone like Sehun agreed to date someone so hideous like her? Then she fall asleep.

 

Next day walking to her lockers with her head lowered she heard girls’ gossiping about the famous Oh Sehun was dating some mysterious girls. Must have heard from Sehun himself while stalking the poor guy. Jiyeon had this sudden fear of what if these girls found out that Jiyeon was dating their love? Would they bully her like how it happens in drama? Or she would become popular because of Sehun and girls and boys would love her? Shrugging the weird thoughts she opened her locker until few girls squealed which means Sehun alongside his friends has arrived.

She peeked and there was her b.o.y.f.r.i.e.n.d with all his glory with blushing cheeks as one of his friends elbowed him on his chest. It was a rare sight, Sehun never blushed so what was it? She hides her face inside the locker, peeking occasionally at the boys.

“Can anyone see sun shining around? What’s up Sehun why so red?” Another fit of laughter was around as Sehun bent on his knees with embarrassed smile, hiding his face by bending foreword.

“Guys stop!” Sehun yelled still embarrassed as he finally stood up with that shy smile lingering on his face as his shoulders jerked with his own laughter at himself.

“Omo Sehun how far had the two of you gone?” Chanyeol asked making kisses noises and with Kai high fiving teasing the already destroyed boy more.

At that Sehun lightly jokingly kick the two boys on their butts.

Even Jiyeon blushed. Sehun must have told them about Jiyeon and now they were teasing him. Oh her poor boy.

Walking pass by her, Jiyeon feared they would catch her but thank god no one notice. She closed her lockers and went to her first class. Thinking how miserable she was. She was dating that creature and yet she knows she was in no position to be really his. She was certain after few weeks or months Sehun would dump her because let’s face it. She was a nerd and boring and awkward. He could find so many outgoing girls who match him so well while she was opposite of Sehun. Oh well, she might as well enjoy while it lasts.

What she didn’t know was Chanyeol caught her and even whispered to Sehun after they passed by her. Only she was oblivious, Sehun saw that distressed sigh so clearly.

Dragging her feet to her last class she received a text message. Because it was rare so she immediately opened it.

‘Let’s go out for snacks after school. I’ll pick you up so text me the address.

Ohsehun’

She thought she was reading wrong. There must be some mistakes. After ten times she squealed happily in front of the door getting stunned looks from her classmates. It was a new sight to see Jiyeon being cheerful during school, not like she was any time cheerful. Some of her classmates saw her in malls or restaurant alone and quiet with unhappy curled down lips.

Jiyeon ignored the entire lesson as she kept thinking of their date. What she was going to say, what would he say? Would he think of her as the most beautiful girl or they would grab hands. Would he give her indirect kiss by making her take a sip of his juice from his straw or do it with her juice? What if he prepare something so romantic for her like roses and petals and book a restaurant for few hours so they could be alone and dance. Then she imagined how it would be when they would be all alone in the dim light restaurant with a real romantic and ual music in the background. Jiyeon would be shy and timid. Sehun would find her so cute and interesting. So he would keep staring at her making her uncomfortable then suddenly he would say “How come I never saw you before?” With his husky low voice. The tension would rise and she would avoid his y gazes. Sehun couldn’t take it so he would few of his dress shirts then sensually walk to her, caging her inside his arms. He would slowly lean in with his eyes shamelessly directed at her cleavage. She would feel more shy so when she tried to release herself Sehun would grab the back of her head and would force his y kisses on her lips in a frenc-

She slapped her cheeks as those dirty thoughts start invading her mind. Oh god Sehun was too damn perfect for her that she was going crazy with all those moments of theirs together.

At home she weared one of her good dresses that she finds so comfortable to wear.

Jiyeon's dress

Once ready she waited for Sehun to arrive. Too giddy as she kept giggling to herself just imagining what’s going to happen. It was Sehun her first love as her date. People could go to hell who say something’s’ are impossible because them Jiyeon was going on a date with Oh Sehun which use to be impossible.

The car arrived with a beep of text message.

It was Sehun.

She took her purse and walk out the door trying to less her large smile. She shouldn’t show him too much happiness. Getting inside she greeted Sehun nervously who hummed with a little smile on his fruity lips. Can she eat them?

The ride was quiet and even though Sehun didn’t really stare at her for the whole ride she doesn’t care. He was busy and once out he would compliment her outside and say how beautiful she’s just like she imagined.

Sehun parked the car in front of fast food restaurant. Unbuckling his belt he went out and rapped his fingers on top of the car as if telling Jiyeon to come out. She ignored the sting in her heart at the treatment and smiled widely once she saw Sehun who smiled back, less enthusing.

Sehun waited for Jiyeon to walk first to catch up with her. He was right behind her entering inside. Once stepping in, Jiyeon blushed deep red as people were eyeing her up and down then at Sehun. They didn’t hide their laugh as they eyed Jiyeon. Feeling embarrassed she start shaking without her knowledge and she badly hoped Sehun didn’t feel humiliated because of her.

“Hey why don’t you choose us a table while i… uh I go and order.” Sehun said scratching his neck nervously.

Jiyeon could only nod, was having hard time to swallow down. She didn’t look up just to not see the mocking laugh on her boyfriend. How wrong she was to choose that fashion for their first date.

Sehun walked away then she slowly tried to look a table for two, not daring to make eye contact with people. She was shy normally and it only intensified when she was embarrassed.

Finding the table at the corner she timidly walked there, setting her purse down she start playing with her fingers in nervousness. Two minutes later when she was sure people would be busy in their own stuff she looked around. It was a casual fast food place, a place where normally friends hang out. Not something fancy but again she doesn’t care. She get to spend her time with him even though he seemed to be so uninterested and not giving much thought to this date she told herself it was okay for a first time. Even though it was a really not good first impression. He was acting like he was her driver or something because of lack of communication.

Jiyeon stared at his broad back as girl on the cashier smiled at him boldly pushing her side bangs behind her ear. The bright red lipstick was gorgeous on her lips and for a second Jiyeon thought Sehun gave her a friendly laugh which sounded so beautiful. Yet it manage to peirce right through Jiyeon’s heart because in half hour them being together not even once he show her his sincere smile and there he was, laughing with a stranger as if… Jiyeon’s lips trembled downward as she turned her gaze away from the scene where the female leaned closer to Sehun to whisper something. Her eyes watered but she blinked them so many times for tears to disappear. It wasn’t ideal thing to cry on their first date together. She had to stop being sensitive.

Sehun came and put their trays down taking Jiyeon’s attention from her fingers. Jiyeon couldn’t help but to smile at Sehun who didn’t bother to look at her and start eating, not even saying a word to her. Jiyeon awkwardly dropped her smile eating the fries. She just remembered he didn’t even ask her what she wants to eat. Shrugging it off like everything else she start eating ignoring the judging eyes or flirty gazes to her man who was oblivious of everything around him except food.

Sehun finished before her as he finally stared at Jiyeon with a casual look, not the intense gaze she imagined but she perked up because damn her man was finally giving her attention! She smiled and once again she was received that small smile as Sehun lowered his face as if avoiding looking at her. Jiyeon gulped the urge to leave at that moment.

The waitress came by to take the tray, bowing to Sehun showing her cleavage and Jiyeon burned from inside as Sehun looked at the expose cleavage with no shame. Right in front of her. If it wasn’t enough he had the guts to check her body out.

Jiyeon was shocked, hurt and broken. There, her man barely smiled at her was now checking that piece of garbage with the intense gaze that he was supposed to show her only. Now she really regretted coming on this date. She lowered her face as her breath heavily quickened.

She didn’t hear anything after that, her face was getting hot from the humiliation. Her ears were burning as her body was shut down and she waited for the moment to be let out. Now if she wasn’t so shy she would’ve told the to stop flirting with her man or scold Sehun or even just leave without a word but you see… she can’t. She doesn’t like attention and drama, blocked whenever she was around strangers so yeah… she really wanted to beat herself up because of her shyness so she stayed still making them believe she was invisible, or believing it herself.

When a strong hand clutched her shoulder she looked up abruptly at Sehun. Who was staring right at her. Jiyeon really wanted to smile again like a fool but it didn’t come, it end up making her smile forcefully.

“I’ve been calling you for a while. Let’s go.” Sehun said and by now when Sehun first stood up to leave Jiyeon didn’t care as she took her sweet time moving. Suddenly she doesn’t want to go home with him but she was shy to say something, in fact she doesn’t want to say anything to him at all and just wanted to reach home fast.

Sitting in the car she stared outside the window, Standing in front of her house she blankly stared at Sehun who was looking down bidding her goodbye. She hummed in response and walked inside.

In bed she stared at the ceiling as cold air and dark surrounded her then she thought what kind of date it was, or if she could even call it a date? Not even one good thing happens in the so called first date. Honestly she never thought her date would turn out like this. And definitely she wasn’t looking forward to another date. It shows enough how less Sehun could care for her. He chose that cashier upon Jiyeon. He must have accepted her out of pity because he was a nice guy. Otherwise why would someone in their right mind accept a hideous nerd like her.

Unknown to her tears escaped her eyes. He should’ve rejected her because it would’ve not hurt that much.

 

Next morning Jiyeon soullessly get ready and went to school. It was different then her usual days. Normally she would wait for Sehun and peek at him and would only leave her locker when Sehun would disappear from corridors. Today she got her books then left quietly, not even thinking of staying there and staring at the bright and all smiley Sehun.

Same thing in the class room and because Sehun never texted her so she never bothered. That was her life for one month. She didn’t meet up with her boyfriend for one month who didn’t call her too.

She would be lying if she said it didn’t sting. She some nights wait for Sehun to just send a small smiley face but who was she kidding. Well one thing good happened, from her usually shy self, she become a little careless; a little bit. So now instead of giving shy smiles around she would walk away without acknowledging the other human being who would careless about her and that’s how she was in music club playing drums. So she didn’t have that much time to think about Sehun but one day curiosity got the best of her and she checked Sehun’s instagram posts.

Well, she truly ends up regretting confessing to him and left behind like this. Most of his posts were with girls, some were touching him while acting innocent while others were just smiling at him just as he was smiling at them. That’s it. Jiyeon angrily shut her phone off as her heart was burning out of jealously. So that means their relationship ended without Sehun breaking up. Wow great ending huh. She thought bitterly.

After that day she truly believed she didn’t have a boyfriend and it was working fine until two weeks later she received a text message. Nowadays music club people texts her about thinks related their project and all so she took out her phone, reading the name she almost dropped the phone. Sehun? What does he want? Oh right they didn’t break up properly.

There was only a smiley face which would’ve make her happy if it was before but now… it made a big frown appear on her brows.

Two seconds pass and there was a call.

Hesitantly she answered the call with quiet voice. “Hi… Sehun.”

Here was a sigh in the other line before he speaks. “Um it’s been so long. How are you?”

Jiyeon nodded even though he can’t see her. “Uh I’m fine.”

“I wanted to ask if you want to come out for another date.”

Jiyeon gulped. No, she didn’t want to go on that date. She really didn’t because she would be ill-treated again like last time but still she doesn’t know why she agreed to him. Mistake happens huh?

 

Unlike last time, she didn’t take time to get ready and weared a pair of jeans with a white t-shirt. Like how she usually wears. Well she wears sweat pants instead of jeans but yeah. and that’s how she sat in the car. Sehun gave her a small smile but what was different that his eyes lingered on her for few seconds because Jiyeon didn’t return her sweet smile.

In the coffee shop he went to order while girls flirt with him and Jiyeon stared at the scene quietly. When Sehun came back, she didn’t even look at him before start picking on her pastries . Eating one spoon of cake, she lazily played with what was on her plate, acting as if she was eating.

“Y-you don’t like it?” Sehun questioned.

Jiyeon looked up and… she don’t know what to say because she doesn’t like it so she wasn’t sure if she should say that directly.

Jiyeon lowered her head before saying in a really quiet voice. “I don’t eat strawberry.”

It was as if Sehun was electrified he stood up from the chair hurriedly which shocked Jiyeon, staring at the panicked expression of Sehun she put her hand on her heart. That scared her.

“Oh it I’m sorry! I thought you like strawberry and and I wanted to get it for- I’m really sorry! Tell me what would you like to eat?”

That blow Jiyeon up. Totally.

“I’m okay with juice.” She answered and looked down surprised.

Few minutes later Sehun cleared his throat. “Uh… do you like this place?”

“Yes…”

“I- I like it too.”

“Hmm…”

“Is everything okay?”

“Yes…”

It became awfully quiet.

“Are you mad at me?” Sehun asked when he keep getting lazy answers and it wasn’t hard to understand the differences between smiles and bored. Jiyeon looked bored.

Jiyeon’s eyes stared at the boy who somehow gave her that vulnerable vibe.

“No…”

After that Sehun lowered his head and he too start playing with his food. Half hour later, neither of them finished so Jiyeon blurted out.

“I need to go.” She stood up but Sehun stood up abruptly.

“Ah I wanted to ask you for another date so when are you free?”

Jiyeon didn’t want to go on a date with him so lying through her teeth was what she did. “No I’m not free. I’ve so much work.”

“Why are you being cold to me?” Sehun complained dropping the nervous boy act into disappointed boyfriend.

Jiyeon mentally smirked. She can’t believe a month ago she was dying for him and now she was acting as if she doesn’t care.

“Why are you even bothering about me? You should be sincere about your true feelings. I’m leaving first.”

She left first.

 

Jiyeon was shy, to the extreme level that much the girls in music club know. Those girls weren’t mean or ignorant. They were quiet respectful which is what Jiyeon kept questioning herself why would such a well-mannered elegant respectful girls spend their night in night clubs and dragging her into it. They said she was always tensed around people and that she needed to loosen up a bit and talk with some boys but how could she tell them she was in a broken relationship, and the boy was famous too, someone they usually fan girl over. It was true they talk few words in a month or sometime not even that as days pass by. It has been two months yet they went to two dates and Sehun texted her two times about their date. Just that.

Jiyeon's dress

So when she was forced to dress up in black mini dress with vertical lines all around and the fact it was shoulder off made her way more shyer then usually, her long black hair were pulled in a high pony tail so when she walk it would swing right to left just like her hips were doing courtesy of her friends to make her take advantage of her pretty looks and body. Entering inside she glued herself alongside those girls as they made their way to drinks. Truth to be told, Jiyeon always wanted to be bold, wanted to do what others do to have fun but because she never make friends because of her introverted personality she never weared clothes to make herself feel y or even… attractive. She weared what covered her body mostly so for the first time wearing it she felt something about herself. It wasn’t confidence but something close to it… just something.

Even though the girls around her were surrounded by flirty boys she didn’t mind being alone drinking beer which she never tried before. So far so good and she hoped the night would end calmly without her being hurt.

Drinking slowly her eyes roamed around the area.

“Jiyeon, do you know Oh Sehun is here today? We’re going to ask to take a photo with him.” Lisa said with a large smile.

Jiyeon choked on her drink hearing that. It was no surprise Sehun goes to night clubs but he was here today? And these girls wanted to take a photo with him?! With her boyfriend?! She doesn’t even have a half photo with her own boyfriend and these girls were talking about taking a photo with him so casually made her feel bitter about it

“We are lucky!” The girl beside them squealed.

“I… I don’t want to…” She said quietly.

Already use to her rejection the girls left to look for Sehun, leaving her alone.

Jiyeon pouted miserably. She wanted to take a photo with Sehun too. Why does he even go to night clubs every night? Does he sleep around? Does he flirt and kiss other girls? He can’t be just coming for a drink every damn night.

“Woah Jiyeon is that you?” Someone called, that voice was so familiar. Goosebumps raised on her arms hearing the voice. She shivered as unconsciously her arms wrapped around herself. Oh no. She was scared and suddenly she wanted for the other girls to come quickly.

“Jiyeon.” The voice called again huskily. The figure was few inches away and it made her feel so uncomfortable. Before looking at the person she searched for the bartender, in case something happen he would protect her, right? Well, the man was going through his phone while sitting at the corner.

“Uh… yes.” She turned around her face and that man… who hurt her so badly was standing there with his usual handsome face. Her ex-boyfriend. A surprised look on his eyes as he eyed Jiyeon’s exposed legs. Feeling so she tried to pull the dress down but what she forgot was that dress went down from the top, almost revealing her bra but man, the ert immediately eyed her cleavage like some dirty lion.

He cleared his throat as Jiyeon looked away from him. “So… when did you start coming to these places. I thought you were… a coward? For this. And Woah you become such a y little thing.” Taehyung or V said in low voice.

Jiyeon didn’t what to answer to that so she uncertainly shrugged her shoulders. How could he talk normally as if nothing happened? Did he forget that day when he pulled such a stunt on her? Was that suffer she has gone through was nothing to him? Of course it was nothing for him. She mentally scoffed.

“So are you alone?” Taehyung asked, taking a sip from HER glass. How dare he?! But Jiyeon being herself let him be but was still eyeing her glass missing. Seems like Taehyung understand how shy she was so he took the advantage of it by leaning closer to her, giving her this predator look, breathing on her face.

Jiyeon shook her head looking down. “I’m… with few other girls…”

“You made some friends?! Woah I’m amazed. You use to be a chicken but judging that you start caring for your skin of course everybody wanted to have a piece of hot .”

Jiyeon shivered as her facial expressions contorted to discomfort. She tried to lean back to leave but once she pulled her chair back, her hand was pulled harshly towards Taehyung, she ended up in his lap, her hand on his shoulder blade.

She wanted to believe it was coincidence but that knowing smirk, those lingering fingers on her legs showed how much in trouble she was. She moved her legs to stand up but Taehyung forced her legs apart and pulled her in his hug, her legs on his sides while the dress was raised to her underwear.

“Taehyung…” Jiyeon whined as she felt rough hand feeling her thighs. Her eyes tears up at being so exposed unwillingly. She pushed with weak strength his shoulder but Taehyung didn’t respond to her tear filled cheeks as he buried his face on her neck, smelling her. She only starts to panic badly when the lips slightly brushed her skin.

“Taehyung let me!” She yelled but that wasn’t enough to get the attention of the hungry man so she pinched his shoulder harshly. Taehyung frowned at the aggressive behavior push her away. Touching his shoulder, he felt a little skin was scratched badly. Bleeding.

Finding it her chance to escape she ran through the crowed, not caring how her cheeks were wet with tears, her dress ridden up from the edges, revealing the little of her underwear and her bra from top was exposed. She never thought her night would turn out a disaster.

She doesn’t know the way out so she just went to the place that were filled with many people walking forth or going somewhere from there. Her legs were getting tired, bumping people in her way but she ignored everything. Everything until she ran straight to this tall lanky man’s chest. Instead of leaving her, the man gripped her upper arm in tight grip and stared at her with concerned expression. Jiyeon tried to see who it was but tears were blurring her vision.

“What the girl.” The guy whispered as he eyes her body. Seeing the dress up he immediately pulled it down but once again unknowingly her dress went to low and it was embarrassing sight for the guy as he backed away when her bra was all for the world to see. Jiyeon widened her eyes and before she could burst into another fit of sob she raised her dress up. She knows she saw this man before but she can’t remember.

“Come with me.” The guy grabbed her wrist tightly and start walking to upstairs. Jiyeon is supposed to be scared, so she tried to pull her hand away. All the way she struggled until they reach upstairs. She was crying badly by that time punching his shoulder to let her go.

Once in the dim corridor with few people the man push her to the front, instantly she sat down on her knees as he said with a raised voice.

“Yo man stop ing around! I think someone harassed your lady, check her out you bastard!”

Jiyeon was on the floor when she wiped her eyes to have a better view as she heard the man talking. Once she could see, she saw… Sehun.

He was here standing there with his eyes glaring at her body.

“Move ! Didn’t anyone tell you to not let girl wait when she’s crying?!”

“!” Sehun cursed as if he finally came to his senses and ran to Jiyeon. He pulled her up, embracing her in his tight chest as he walked to the quiet corner.

Jiyeon let herself be dragged with him.

Sehun’s grip was removed then he pull her away from him, Jiyeon quietly let him go, leaning on the wall with her head down. Her heart was bursting as Sehun stared at her. Then she felt his finger lift her chin up.

The tears were wiped from gentle thumbs. She finally stared at his face and she was quiet surprised. His expression were pained but his eyes were soft. Sehun looked at her eyes.

“What happened? What are you doing here?” He questioned and for the first time he didn’t sounded uncertain or awkward; his words were spoken firmly. But Jiyeon wasn’t ready to answer him. She just wanted to go home.

“Please take me home…” Jiyeon whispered pathetically.

Sehun seemed speechless. “You don’t want to tell me?” He asked very carefully.

Jiyeon only nodded, her head still down with her lips trembling. She heard a sigh and a small “Fine.”

“Wait here.” Sehun said as he walked away. Obediently she stood in her place until few seconds later, she felt a jacket wrapped around her from behind. Sehun buttoned it up before grasping her palm gently. For the first time in that night her hand was gripped gently and it was refreshing. Because now her eyes were clear from tears she saw who had brought her up here.

Chanyeol. She was thankful to him really.

Not just that, Sehun was being careful towards her. For the first time and it would’ve made her happy if she wasn’t reminded of that jerk face touching her. She cringed at the memory. Being the innocent soul it made her eyes water up. Her arms were wrapped around herself to secure herself from anything and everything. Her heart palpating in anxious, and even if her boyfriend Sehun was beside her, it still didn’t made her feel any safe. Maybe because Sehun was practically a stranger.

Parking in front of the house Jiyeon’s hand reached for the knob carefully.

“Uh…” Sehun started with a really nervous voice. The hand on the knob stay there as she quietly listen to what he have to say.

Running his fingers through his hair, Sehun sighed in distress. “I wanted to say that… you could tell me sometime about today…” His eyes lingered on her pale long legs. So smooth. . He cursed inwardly under his breath but Jiyeon was sitting beside him in the total silent car.

Jiyeon answered with a cracked voice soft ‘okay’. She opened the door and turn around to close it but her eyes met Sehun as he softly muttered ‘be careful’.

 

Jiyeon quickly showered and went under the sheets. She could only thing of Taehyung’s cruel hand on her body. While Sehun was having fun she was vulnerable, harassed by her ex who cruelly broke her heart two years ago in front of the entire school. Tears rolled down her cheeks at the old memory. She hate those days. Her fingers clutched the sheets tighter.

The next day she was emotionally exhausted to attend the school so just laid in her bed all day long.

Watching the drama for two hours she thought about her life. Was it worth it? Worth to be invisible girlfriend of Sehun? Why he didn’t just rejected her that day instead of doing what he was doing now? Why he was giving her hopes then breaking them?

Now now she was sad that doesn’t mean she wanted Sehun to call to be more caring of what happened but he could’ve understand that she was hurt and he know she was yet he didn’t call. Probably busy flirting all around the world. She pouted at the thought. She should probably break up with him.

At afternoon, she checked her phone. Sitting in one place for the whole day did nothing other than maybe Sehun was being so ignorant to her because she didn’t call him, right? It could be he wasn’t taking her seriously because she was just like him. He didn’t call, she didn’t too. The two times he was the one who set things up while she waited. Maybe she should take the first step and call him… or text him… right?

Hesitantly she pressed the call and waited for few seconds. He didn’t take her call. She frowned miserably. She regretted calling him. She hates rejection and had a great fear of them which end up her being shy. She without much thinking called him again, heart filled with last hope because if he didn’t answer that would be the end of her last hope. It would show how little to nothing he cared for her. That would be the worst thing to happen to her after her first break up. Well, in first break, she wasn’t even sad Taehyung break up with her, it was the way he did. She was ashamed right in front of the entire school. It happened two years ago.

She was ignored for her looks, her body, her personality. The first person who willingly talked to her was Taehyung. He was handsome, funny, outgoing and bold. It was hard to not fall for him in the first sight. His charming smile was disaster to her heart. When he said he liked her, the naïve her believed him so easily it was stupid. He treated her so good, he took her out for dates, he shared his food, he complimented her ugly self. He even took her too few salons to make up her style which she always ignored and even took her to early exercise. She was certain he loved her, but that was her illusions. He was a snitch and she only realized that when he tried to touch her body but she refused. She innocent minded young girl so of course she wasn’t ready for a little kiss. Taehyung the very next day, call her out then she went to him, thinking he would want to talk about what happened but he had two y and ridiculously beautiful girls on his either arms.

She remembered she was confused at the sight and asked what he was doing, He smirked while saying the next words.

‘You’re the most stone headed ugly I ever met.’ That broke her heart into pieces. She thought he would stop but he kept being the annoying as he continued to degrade her in front of the entire school.

‘You’re too lazy to lose few pounds, your taste in fashion that was so hard to put up with you. The time I spend with you was the worst moments of my life. Oh wait are you going to cry? No don’t, It disgust me. You should work out with your body, you smell vegetables, who the smell like that? Even if you sell your body freely no one would want to you. You know why? It’s because you’ve the worst body anyone could get. Are you even a girl? You’re shame on girls. Your existence embarrass me so out! All these fats in your body is enough to ruin the planet’ The majority if the student joined him for a good laugh while she cried her heart out.

After that she stopped eating too much like she used to because of depression. Few months after that insulting moment, people forget what happened, she ignored Taehyung’s presence. Not like he ever again hangs out at nerdy places she goes. But that doesn’t mean she wasn’t depressed, food was hard to swallow remembering Taehyung words , in few months, she lost weight so much from depression. She was this close to be send hospital until her savior came to the picture, once again. Oh Sehun had started to attend their school. She found hope, a reason to live. A reason to look for another day. Sehun was bright, cool, gentle, nice, sometimes ignorant and cold. He smile was charming. He manages to laugh even at the lamest things with an unnecessary boisterous sound. That made her fall for him. Even though he was one of those boys who could care less about study, he still visited those nerdy places daily as he had few nerdy friends. It was great to know he didn’t care how other people appear to him. Like one of his friends, Do Kyungsoo that guy weared large glasses, his hair straight in square shape, use to get bullied but Sehun accepted the boy as friend as casually as greeting people.

That made it impossible to not fall in love with him. Not a single girl could resist his charm. Yet Jiyeon thought she was special. She had met Sehun before all these pretty girls. Sehun had saved her, he talked to her. It was a delusional thought to make her satisfy and feel less far then she was. Sehun was her everything for two years. So how could she now give up on that person? When he didn’t even treated her bad. Maybe he was too nice to break up with her even though he doesn’t want to be with her. She should free him then.

Just when she wanted to call again, her phone screen lighted up on its own. She panicked when it was written Sehun.

Omg why would he call? Oh wait right it’s because she called first.

Gulping the lump she answered the phone with a quiet ‘hello’

A deep voice whispered to someone as if scolding that person then a little shuffling, a little whining then a sigh before she heard other person respond.

“Uh… Jiyeon… you okay?” Sehun asked, his tone going up and down.

Jiyeon’s eyes nervously moved around the room as she thought of what to say. When she called she had nothing in mind.

“Y-yeah I’m fine now…” Jiyeon answered unsure.

“Good… huh…” Awkward reply from other side.

It became quiet between. That’s when Jiyeon heard a smacking sound and was she mistaken or Sehun actually cursed someone. He hissed too. What was happening on the other side? Who was he with? She had almost dropped the phone from her hand when she heard and grunting. Was she hearing things or it was happening what she was hearing?

‘ I’m on the phone so wait for a second. Stop clinging all over me she would hear you’

Jiyeon’s eyes tears up when she heard the last sound of heavy breathing before she press the end call. Her eyes so wide thinking of what her so called boyfriend was doing. He was cheating on her… right there shamelessly and she heard it. Her lips trembled into upcoming burst of tears.

No he can’t do this… not like this…

Her phone screen lighten up and Sehun was calling. She covered to stop the sound as she angrily shut the phone off. She doesn’t want to hear anything. She wants nothing. That was it, he ruined the last hope she had for them. Why did he do that? Can’t he just break up with her then do such things? Did he ever even consider her his girlfriend? It’s seems like everything was a joke to him. Her feelings were a joke to him. Maybe her life was a joke to him. Tears streaming down heavily as she cried loudly. It hurt more than anything in her life.

Taking her phone she smashed it on the wall, not even caring that she needs to explain to her parents about it. She stood up with blurry eyes and throws her pillow on the wall. No she needed to let out what she was feeling. She wanted to hurt someone, hurt herself so her heart wouldn’t be hurt so badly. After half hour of yelling and crying she fall down on the carpeted floor, pulling her knees to chest she buried her head. Still tears and hiccups escaping through her parted lips. Her hair mess up and face all red from all the ear shattering cries and painful pressure she had made her body go through. In the end she falls asleep on the floor.

Straight two days she pretended to be sick and stayed inside her room. Escaping the reality while blankly staring at the wall. Third day she woke up for school. Just because the man she desired so much cheated on her so carelessly doesn’t mean she had to stay all day in and mourn over her life. She had to study, exams were close so she had to focus on that for now. That’s how she dragged her body to school.

The entire day she focused on studying and studying non-stop until her eyes got tired. Staying in library’s further corner so no one could see her.

Then she came home then slept from tiredness and pleased she had avoided Sehun for a one whole day, no thoughts of him invading her mind.

The next day same thing. Until a week passed by like this. She didn’t even bother to buy a new phone. She didn’t see the need to have one.

Walking out of the class, she made her way to library but her hand was gripped. She turned around to see the person but her eyes widened at the smirking Taehyung.

“What are you doing? Let me go.” She whispered freeing her hand.

“Do you know you grow up beautifully?” Taehyung asked causally, still gripping her tightly.

Jiyeon frowned nearly at the verge of crying. She had been holding too much, she was going through much stress that one wrong word could make her world fall apart, all the lies of focusing on her study made it easy for her to live on would be shattered then she would be left with nothing. She doesn’t want that. She wanted to pretend she wasn’t hurt and that she had more important things to focus other than Sehun or Taehyung who suddenly decided it was okay to talk to her casually after what he did to her. What’s wrong with these people?

“Please let me go…” She whispered, voice crackling as she tried to hold back those bursting tears.

Taehyung could feel the discomfort on her face but he shrugged it off. Tightening his hold on her even more. Jiyeon winced.

She let those tears out as they streamed down from her eyes like a water flow from the tap. Her breath quickened for not getting enough oxygen. She let him hold her by then lowering her head she whimpered, not caring anymore that Taehyung could use her situation against her. She just wanted to cry and cry. Her brows frowning and lips shut tightly to avoid any sound yet her shoulder fall up and down with each choked sob pressure.

These words made her upset so much that it was obvious she wasn’t going to stop soon. But Taehyung could care less as he tried to pull her closer to himself. She jerked back as he almost hugs her. She slid down the wall with her shaking body.

“You’re so beautiful, y. Why all this crying for? Do you need love? I’ll give you, just accept me back.” Taehyung manipulated. He know what exactly she was lacking, he know what she always desired. It was love, affection. It was easy to lure someone like her in trap because other than being craving for love, she was naïve, and wasn’t smart. He wondered how did she survived all this time when she was this stupid to fool. Things get only so much easier because of her shy personality.

“Come y.” This time he leaned closer to her but she didn’t push him away.

“You such a sweet soul. Who could hurt such a face darling? Oh my y, my love-

He keeps taunting her with affectionate words before the booming voice echoed in the corridor.

“What the hell are you doing?!” Someone yelled, a few steps away.

Jiyeon know the voice belong to whom. That voice become a too familiar for her.

Chanyeol was standing there with a really pissed of face that it scared Jiyeon so much as if she did something wrong.

Taehyung glared at Chanyeol. “I’m comforting heartbroken girl if you can’t see mister. Who do you think you’re talking to me like this?”

Chanyeol smirked as he walked close. “Well the girl you happen to whisper sweet things is my best friends girlfriend. You better step back before I smack your head on the wall.”

Now it was new for Taehyung. Girlfriend. She was taken? By who? Who was this person? Knowing it was best to not involve in a fight he stood up.

“Okay sorry I thought she was single, my bad.” He raised his hands up in surrender and wandered away.

Now it was Jiyeon and Chanyeol.

“What did he do?” Chanyeol asked softly, bending on his knees so he could face Jiyeon. Jiyeon hiccupped, shaking her head saying nothing.

“Do you want me to take you to Sehun?” Chanyeol asked but earned a loud sob with a furious head shake ‘no’. It surprised Chanyeol as he was taken a back at sudden behavior. Slowly he sat down beside the crying girl, leaning his back on the wall, he started.

“Why I’ve the feeling you’re avoiding Sehun for months.” Chanyeol said. Jiyeon didn’t answer to that, it was true so how did he know?

“I would understand why you would act this way. But trust me when I say Sehun could head be boneless and tongue tied body when he’s around you. He’s such a coward when it comes to pretty girls.” Chanyeol chuckled to himself.

Jiyeon titled her head, tears slowly stopped; hiccups escaping her lips.

“He has no bad intentions to you. It frustrates me how you two act. I understand you’re really shy but I’m having hard time to understand that jerk.”

Jiyeon didn’t understand what he was talking. He had wrong impression of his friend probably.

“Come, let me take you to Sehun. Let’s see if he’s going to man up today.”

Jiyeon wanted to refuse but Chanyeol’s grip and height totally intimidated her. He was strong too. So she gulped complain no matter how badly she want to avoid this.

Reaching one of the secluded corridors, there stood four five boys talking among themselves. Jiyeon’s eyes widened when she saw few boys smoking. Smoking was strictly prohibited in School property. Chanyeol sensed Jiyeon’s discomfort to be brought here alone. Oh god.

“Uh… they aren’t bad people… but you know just some bad habits.” Chanyeol said awkwardly.

Jiyeon scowled at what he said. Just bad habits? Was cheating also one of bad habits?

“Guys Chanyeol brought a chic here.” One said loudly.

Jiyeon’s ears turned red at the attention and from the voice, it sounded as if the guy wasn’t pleased to have someone other than their friends here. She avoided them by looking down, walking behind Chanyeol to hide her body from their eyes. Suddenly she heard someone coughing loudly.

“Chanyeol.” The surprise voice belong to Sehun.

Chanyeol glared at the boy.

“Meet your girlfriend. I brought her here because you two seldom meet even though you’re dating. Do you think it would be good when you have kids with her to stay away from each other like this?”

“Chanyeol!” Sehun complained loudly.

Jiyeon felt her heart going wild at that bold statement. What was Chanyeol thinking saying things that could give her heart attack?

“What? Am I wrong? I dare you to say you don’t want to give her your babies.” Chanyeol teased Sehun who turned tomato red at the shameless remarks.

Jiyeon was shaking badly, she wanted to hide under her bed sheets and think this through how it would actually feel to be Sehun’s baby mother.

“Chanyeol I’m warning you.” Sehun hissed.

Ouch. Jiyeon’s mood once again was ruined. Sehun was hating the idea. She should’ve known this.

“Fine. Just talk to her. I’m fearing you’re neglecting her too much that it won’t be hard for someone to come and steal her from you. Look after your women better.”

Jiyeon was pushed from her back, instantly she landed in Sehun’s arms.

For the first time, they were this close. Noises stopped, all her senses shut down but her eyes. Those eyes too focused on the man her heart desires like nobody. Magical sense rush down her spine. The body tensed out of fear, questioning, what if.

She hold her breath when those arms moved a little down, the gentle hand going down till they rested on her hips. Her breath was hardly escaping her lips, she didn’t parted her, in case he thought she was seducing him, to not appear desperate. Her eyes shut down on their own tightly when they landed on his moist lips. Her hands curled into fist. She loved the feelings greatly, but her fear of being this close to a man of her heart was even greater.

She pulled away and lowered her head. That heart was speeding up abnormally that she feared was going to get sick.

She stayed on her place like this.

“Uh… Jiyeon would you like to meet my friends… at evening?” Sehun asked coldly.

Jiyeon gulped. Because it was the heat of the moment she agreed by nodding her head beside when everyone was giving her attention, it made her extremely uncomfortable.

“Cool.” Sehun said, after that he started to smoke like he was while watching some videos on his phone. It made Jiyeon uneasy, the smell was too strong for her. Though she was a guest so she kept quiet and took it in. It was true there were only boys but the safety she was supposed to feel with Sehun was given by Chanyeol. The lanky tall guy cared for her more than her own boyfriend so she quietly decided to sit beside him. He wasn’t even smoking, like others. He even told them to stop which all of them shrugged off saying he should smoke too like he usually do.

She peeked at Sehun few times but every time he caught her; look at her back. It was almost too weird how he looks at her whenever she looks at him. She mentally laughed at the irony. This man was her yet she had to hide her affection. Hide her true feelings and creep on him like some stranger.

 

Jiyeon was punching her pillow frowning miserably. Why did she agree to meet his friends?! She was shy and things would end being awkward. Who knows if his friend would advise him to stop dating her for she was considerably too much self-conscious. What if his friends judge her and embarrass and she end up crying? Chanyeol was well mannered but that doesn’t mean he’ll be always there to protect her. She shouldn’t take advantage of someone polite. Oh god she was in deep because of her stupid always agreeing to Sehun self.

By the time she was ready waiting for Sehun she remembered she have no phone. Now that was a problem. She sighed and went outside to wait for Sehun. That way he won’t have the need to call her.

She sat down on the stairs with her elbow resting on her knees.

Half hour later the silver car came speeding through the road which was crazy. It stopped right in front of her so she stood up to get inside since Sehun was too great to come outside for her. However once she reached for the knob Sehun opened the door for her from inside, anxiously. Sweats covered his forehead and his expression of as if he caught the sight of ghost.

Jiyeon stopped feeling strange at the way he was looking at her. When he said nothing, she slowly did what she was about to do under his eagle stares.

When the car was away from her house, Sehun cleared his throat. “I was calling… your phone is off?”

Jiyeon hesitated before answering truthfully. “It- it broke when it fall…” She murmured looking down. It was wonder how her neck survived all these hanging heads.

“It broke from the last time you called. Sounds cheap excuse.” Sehun grunted.

“Huh!” Jiyeon gasped hearing this. She scooted more to the window at the sudden change of mood. She felt her face getting hotter in shame.

After a while of ultimate quietness Jiyeon peeked from the corner of her eyes. He looked so mad, jaw tightened eyes glaring at the road and lips pulled into thin line as if holding back his anger. Even his fist was tight on the steering wheel it creep her out. What’s wrong with him? He was never like this.

He parked the car at the convenience store and stepped out, slamming the door shut brutally. Jiyeon flinched at the impact like a wet cat, stared at the figure with fear. Sehun was not being polite, his action show aggression. She was getting scared to be in the same car with him. Remember they were practically strangers. It was true she checked him out but that was when in school. She don’t know how he is when in streets hell she just know it today he smoke. How come no one knows this? Students never talk about that. What if he decided to do something bad to her? Chanyeol wasn’t here to save her. What’ll happen to her. Then she realized, she doesn’t have faith in Sehun, just a tiny bit trust because they were maybe dating. Practically strangers huh.

Sehun came back with three large paper bags. He settled them on the back seat before coming to the front, buckling up he started the car again.

Jiyeon didn’t have the guts to ask where they were going.

Two hours passed just like that until Jiyeon’s eyes landed on the road, the entire time she was looking down so when she looked at the high way with very few cars passing by them and dark sky she panicked. Where was he taking her? She starts fidgeting in her seat. Was he going to kill her? He seemed mad few hours ago. What was he planning? She nervously asked.

“Who-where-where are we going?” Her voice cracked.

Sehun looked at her through mirror and Jiyeon saw him gave her a cold eye.

“What are you afraid of? Me? Need Chanyeol? Sorry you’re alone with me now. There’s no one but me.” He whispered darkly.

Jiyeon widened her eyes. It was really getting awful. She can’t even escape from the car. Beside she wasn’t brave enough to walk on this road alone.

“Se-Sehun…” She whispered at the verge of breaking down.

“What?” He answered annoyed.

Jiyeon shook her head. She looked down as tears form on her eyes. Wrapping her arms around herself she let the tears flow from her eyes. What was he going to do to her now? Why she decided to come with him? She doesn’t even have her phone. Boyfriend? He was the main reason of her fear right now. Sehun was bad guy and she was stuck with him now because of her stupidity. He was intimidating her so bad, her heart that used to beat for Sehun in love was now beating from fear of the said person.

She hiccups and covered as soon as it escaped her lips for Sehun to not hear but too late. At that moment Sehun turn to her and his eyes doubled its size.

“Hey hey what’s going on? Why are you crying?” He asked still driving but peeking at her second by second.

Jiyeon closed her eyes, not answering him while hugging her body to be even more smaller. She was scared of Sehun. He was terrifying her.

“. Hey I’m sorry for treating you like his. Hey listen to me, I was just mad. I swear I’m not going to do anything with you. We-we my friends and me we are going to meet at this beach and it’s far. I swear I’ve no other intentions towards you. I- I even bought sodas and snacks see, I’m sorry for treating you coldly…” he explained eyes focused on the road. He was deeply regretful for what he did and Jiyeon felt it yet when he reached a hand to pat her shoulder she flinched away from his. Sehun observing the fear, pulled his hand back.

Jiyeon was wiping her tears. Sehun said he has no bad intention towards her… should she believe him? A water bottle was handed to her by Sehun. She meekly took it and drank from it little by little. Still not able to believe him wholly.

After that it was quiet, she peeked few times and he looked more relaxed now. Thank god. He was creeping her so much in that sudden mood before.

Could she break up with him now? He doesn’t like her so she should end it now. It would be better, that way she would move on and won’t feel hurt to by his constant ignoring. She felt a total stranger to him. It wasn’t healthy to take this kind of neglecting relationship further, it could harm them- her in future.

Jiyeon mentally sighed in relief when she views waves of sea. I was dark although it didn’t make things much different. The moon was wide in the sky, lightening the deserted area they were. She noticed how there was nothing but soil and sea in the distance.

It took more half hours till they she saw cars parked in specific spot and peoples playing with each other. Probably Sehun’s friend having fun.

“Finally man! We were waiting for hours!” Someone yelled from a far. Sehun get up and Jiyeon automatically came out too. But because she never met these peoples and she was naturally shy she waited for Sehun who was busy getting the paper bags out and she followed behind him when he start walking to his friends.

Two girls and one boy were sitting on the picnic carpet while others were playing around. Sehun put the things down and sat down. Jiyeon meekly mimic his action.

“Guys she’s Jiyeon.” He simply introduced, not adding girlfriend.

“Jiyeon, this is Irene,” He pointed at the elegant looking girl who smiled at Jiyeon warmly, than he pointed at another beautiful girl. “Yeri, and this is Suho.” Another beauty called Yeri and then this responsible looking man.

Jiyeon felt envious at how beautiful these girls were. Sehun could easily date either of them, they have the charm, the confidence and most of all they weren’t shy. Not embarrassing like she was.

“So you’re Jiyeon.” Yeri said as she eyed Jiyeon up and down. Jiyeon hugged herself, feeling like a low creature being criticized openly like this. Sehun had left to talk with others so she was alone with these two girls and Suho.

Jiyeon nodded at response.

Yeri sighed. “Oh god, it’s just like how he talks about her. Beautiful beyond words. Do you know he wanted to do some y things wit-”

“Yeri.” Irene called firmly. “That isn’t supposed to be said. Not by you so why don’t you leave them to communicate and you do something better instead?”

Yeri gave a bored look to Irene, standing she howled. “I’m coming guys!”

Irene gave Jiyeon a gentle smile. “You know you’re so shy.” She commented nicely.

I know that better than anyone, Jiyeon thought bitterly.

“I wish Sehun would do something about this relationship. If you can’t bear him neglecting you, don’t hesitate to give him a piece of your mind. Beside… are you perhaps close with Chanyeol?”

Jiyeon shrugged. “He saved me two times… he’s nice with me…” She answered shyly looking at her fingers.

Irene nodded. “Sehun seem to be complaining about it but don’t worry. That brat deserves that. Anyway would you like to drink something cold?” Irene offered with a kind smile. Jiyeon smiled shyly nodding her head.

Even Irene left and Jiyeon was alone. She told Jiyeon to come along but she rejected because she wasn’t good at this. Beside they were all playing naturally together while she looked like a complete stranger, sour thumb so she just stared at them lonely. If her boyfriend was nice to her, he would have come to make her warm up with others but he was too busy wrestling with Kai to bother about her. He even lifted that Yeri girl and throw her inside the water, having fun doing so.

Jiyeon sighed. Was she invited here by Sehun to be left alone? Why she can’t learn her lesson that whenever she went with Sehun, he never bother about her. He just left her on her own. The way he helped his girl friends in playing and defending them in games made her feel bitter taste. Sehun never did playful things with her, hell he never even look at her more than five seconds.

She remembered Taehyung. Why he was behind her now? Why he was calling her sweet names after what he did? She wanted to accept him back if you ask honestly. Sehun was good guy, she could say but he wasn’t suited for her shy self. He was too socially active to care for someone anti-social like her. He was just too nice to admit he don’t like her. Till now never once he gave her hope that they could work out together. It was just her mind being filled with her love.

Sitting there alone, she had thought her decision. Besides, the cold air fresh her up. She’s going to leave him and that was final. Well she’s going to ignore him, mentally breaking up with him, wouldn’t think of him more than a cool boy and avoid going out with him which was rare anyway where she always end up left out so it won’t be bothering her so much. Yep, he doesn’t even need her so it won’t be hard. She just needs to get use to the idea.

It was Three a.m. when all of them came back to the carpet. Jiyeon all this time sat alone doing nothing.

“Guys pack up, we’re leaving.”

Jiyeon stared at Yeri and Sehun teasing each other. She could only stare.

She quietly sat in the car as Sehun started to drive the car. The difference was Irene had come with them because apparently she lives close to Sehun.

What Jiyeon noticed in the car, when Irene was with them, Sehun was quiet talkative. It breaks her heart. It was as If he was rubbing it on her face how he doesn’t want to talk to her. Probably, who would want a shy girl like her? It was no surprise when Sehun stopped in the middle of the road to buy them colas and snacks, he mentioned it was because Irene deserve them after all day. Jiyeon bitterly bite her lips as she accepted whatever was handed to her.

First he stopped in front of Jiyeon’s house and eagerly Jiyeon took off, not even bidding them. That’s just how lonely he made her feel.

Irene smacked Sehun’s head from the back seat. “Idiot, you are supposed to follow her till she enters inside.” Sehun wordlessly stared at the small figure walking inside, not even once looking behind.

Jiyeon too exhausted mentally drifted off into dream land immediately, with a promise of avoiding Sehun. Maybe he took her for granted. At first she though he was a little awkward but he showed off his friendship with Yeri and Irene so openly it made her feel like he was showing to her how he could care less about her. He didn’t even once talk to her at the beach. Does he know he was dating her? It could be count as one of the worst days of her life.

 

The next day, It was Saturday so Jiyeon finally talk with her parents about her broken phone.

“Here,” Mrs. Park handed Jiyeon money. Jiyeon eyed the money then her mother.

“Aw sweety, I discussed with your father that you need to buy new clothes. Now don’t come home before you buy some pretty dresses.”

Jiyeon smiled. “I won’t buy dresses. I’ll just take few jeans and t shirts.” She murmured with a soft smile.

Mrs. Park shakes her head. “Darling, till when are you going to wear these boyish clothes? I’m not saying to not wear them, however you should try different styles occasionally. Now go and buy whatever you want. Be back at four p.m.”

With that Mrs. Park started to wash the dishes.

 

The first thing she did when she got the phone was to check Sehun’s instagram. She knows she said she would avoid him but she just wanted to see how active he was. Like usual, all these girls taking photos with him.

 

One month had passed without any encounter with Sehun. What bothered her was Taehyung was behind tailing her. What does he want? At first she ran away whenever he tried to follow her but now she just let him do whatever he want as long as he doesn’t touch her. It was bound to hear rumors of them together and that when it happened. The students start talking how they would hang out now, that Taehyung broke up with her now he was following her everywhere. And it wasn’t surprising when she got the call from Sehun. At first she didn’t answer and let it ring for half hour. After that she felt pity for the guy so answered with a really quiet voice.

“Hello?”

“Can you come to the fifth floor if you’re free.” Sehun asked the first thing.

Jiyeon closed her eyes knowing how she’s going to answer to that.

“I’m busy, I can’t.”

“Just for a moment, please.” Sehun begged. He really sounded urgent.

“Fine.” She hanged up before he could say more which was rude but that’s the rudest she could get for what Sehun did.

Making her way to the fifth floor, she saw his friends surround the far corner. She clenched her fist and slowly headed there. For two minutes she waited for them to notice her until she had enough and called for Sehun lightly.

They turned towards her, some giving her weird looks while other turned to what they were doing. Sehun stood up from his walking to her.

“Follow me, please.” Then he stood a little far away from his friends.

“Are you and Taehyung doing things I should know? What’s this between you two going on?” Sehun asked patiently however his expressions were as if he was fearing her answer.

Jiyeon sighed quietly then slowly shook her head. “There’s nothing between us.”

“Then why he’s following you?” He tone sounded low, firm; demanding now.

Jiyeon flinched away from him. Her eyes moved around the place in nervousness. Sehun was showing signs of dominant and aggression and it scared her what he would do.

“Ah… ah- he was- he said he wanted to date me…” She stuttered. She shrieked when Sehun grunted, his nose flaring in fury.

“What you’re going to do about it?” Sehun’s voice lowered even more, it was really getting creepy.

Jiyeon hugged herself, not meeting his eyes as she took a safe distance away from him. “I’m thinking… he-he deserve th-the chan-”

“We’re dating!” Sehun snapped. Jiyeon could see his harsh glare but she needed to be strong. She had to. Sehun was doing wrong and was unfair to her. She felt tears piercing her eyes.

“Are we?” She simply questioned. And those two words were more than enough to shock Sehun. She lifted her eyes to stare at him for two seconds, bowing her head in polite manner she walked from where she came. Like a stranger. Like a passerby she accidently bumped into. That was how distance they were despite being a couple for three months.

When she walked away, she walked away with a clean heart ready for a new beginning. To the girl she was before all this mess. Sehun might have been her cure when she was broken, but that should end now and she should start depending on herself rather than relying on someone else.


Exams were in a week, so her days end with her studying there for six to seven hours without stopping. She could pass easily but she wanted to come best, not just good. Beside it was better than sitting around thinking of unnecessary things like how Sehun was skipping school or his friends lingering gazes on her. She doesn’t want to think much about it. It was better to pretend she know nothing then involving herself with that guy again. Besides Sehun was only being nice to her when he accepted her even though he cheated on her and neglected her.

She was revising the notes she had stick on her history book. Her elbow was on the desk while the palm was supporting her head.

“May I sit here?” The oh so familiar voice asked. Jiyeon jumped from her seat at the sudden intruder.

Sehun was standing there with his books. It surprised Jiyeon. Why was he here? Even if he was here to study, why didn’t he go to his friend Kyungsoo who was studying at the other corner of Library. Jiyeon gulped before nodding hesitantly.

Sehun smiled setting his books down before sitting himself.

Her head was down but she kept peeking at him. Her eyes every so often wandered to him mentally questioning why this human being was sitting with her when his friends were at the other corner of library doing things together.

“This is the first time we ever sat together instead of me driving us somewhere.” His voice was emotionless.

Jiyeon looked up to see dead panned expression on his handsome face. Her head jerked down to her book after meeting his dark black eyes.

“I was thinking we should go somewhere after exams, me you and my friends.”

“I don’t want to.” It was a straight rejection, sounded like a slap too.

Sehun though kept his posture, the cold guy giving her cold treatment. “Why don’t you want to?”

Jiyeon fidget in her seat. She doesn’t know what to say. And what was he thinking inviting her like this? They weren’t dating and beside why would he invite her if he’s going to be busy with his friends? She felt lonely that day for being left behind, she despises that feeling so there was no way she was going to agree on this. Even if they would be dating she would decline. Who would want to be treated like this? Only because she was shy and not good at talking doesn’t give permission to others to hurt her as they please. It was selfish.

“It feels lonely.” She said without a filter to her words.

“Because of me?” Sehun guessed, voice soft from his previous tone.

Jiyeon eyes the notes on her book. She nodded her head feeling like a loser.

“What did I do?” Sehun asked carefully. He didn’t sounded cold anymore, but concerned.

Jiyeon bite her lips. If she talks about that day with Sehun, she’ll end up crying a river and that would be embarrassing. She made sure her eyes were locked down, muttering nearly voicelessly Sehun could barely hear. “I didn’t know anyone there. You were playing with your friends… whole time… I felt like I wasn’t welcome…”

Five minutes and yet Sehun didn’t say anything, she lifted her head and meet the blank expression. It’s seems like Sehun was in his own mind because when she keep looking at him he gasped in surprise.

“Uh… sorry I was just thinking…”

Jiyeon looked down again, waiting for Sehun to leave her so she could focus on her book.

“I’ll be going. Thanks.” He bid her before leaving.

Jiyeon shake her head harshly to focus on her notes, Sehun was messing with her by interfering in her studies like this. He should be more thoughtful then this.

After that time, unintentionally Sehun was seen by her in most places. It was weird how he seems to be everywhere she was. There was a time she couldn’t even meet him for a whole month and now he was always wherever she went.

Every night she leaved School property at late night. There was one time when Chanyeol was at the street she was walking, it was dark and late as usual. So when she saw Chanyeol she felt a sense of security. Though Chanyeol didn’t looked surprised when he saw her. He smiled lightly at her.

Automatically her head slump down. Why it was so hard to meet peoples’ eyes without over thinking about how would they feel about her?

“It’s too late. Are you sure you can manage yourself if something happen?” Chanyeol asked out of the blue.

Jiyeon only nodded. Which earned her a amused look. “Really, now I’m curious how.”

Jiyeon bite her lips. How? Of course she knows the answer. “I’ve pepper spray and a fake gun.”

Jiyeon didn’t expect that her reply would make Chanyeol burst out into fit of melodious laughter.

“Wow and here your lover boy was acting like a creep making us his personal slave. Seriously girl you know what to do in time of need huh? I wouldn’t have guessed a face like yours could be prepared.” He had huge smile on his lips as he added. “But you’re so shy it’s hard to understand what you’re feeling!” He sounded too energized. Jiyeon thought.

Jiyeon didn’t respond to that. She just kept walking.

“Are you seriously ending things with Sehun?” Chanyeol asked now more seriously.

Jiyeon gulped, her eyes a little wide from the topic. “There was nothing to end.”

At that Chanyeol nodded in understanding. “You’re right. Both of you were too distanced. Normally Sehun’s fan girl found out about his girlfriend in two days. They still don’t know about you. It’s not a surprised.”

Jiyeon wondered if Chanyeol lived close by because she nearly reached her home.

“You know… I know I shouldn’t be saying this knowing fully it’s Sehun’s fault. But I just wanted to tell you… He’s not one to ignore girls. He’s not one to be cold around someone. He’s blunt with everyone. However he treats you like he never treated anyone. I got puzzled when I see him a nervous body when around you. In my opinion; he’s quite confident of everything he do and the brat doesn’t forget to boast about it.” He sighed heavily. “Don’t you think there’s something about his act towards you? I believe I’m not the only one who notices how he… neglects you. I sometime wanted to beat the out of him but yeah you understand my point?”

Jiyeon only nodded.

 

After going under the sheets, her mind kept repeating Chanyeol’s words. He said so much but she remembered few. What could he mean by him neglecting her is special. Was this a new kind of love or something?


The next day she found herself being dragged by Irene to a fifth floor and was forced into empty class. She was confused and scared that why would suddenly Irene treat her like this? Did she do something wrong? Was Irene going to warn her about dating Sehun before because she loves Sehun before Jiyeon so now she wanted to beat Jiyeon up. Was that it? Oh no but she already break up with Sehun, Irene doesn’t have to do this to her.

Irene made her sit on a chair, she realized there was a screen there. She fearfully turned to Irene who smiled sweetly confusing her some more.

“Don’t worry, believe me it’s for the best. Just wait few minutes.”

Jiyeon pouted in misery. Don’t worry? She was kidnapped to this secluded floor and in class where there was a big screen for what purpose?

She squealed like a mouse when the door was burst open with someone’s back, that person was forcing someone inside. She caught the glimpse and it was Chanyeol. Then she saw Sehun being grabbed by his shoulder from behind. Chanyeol and Kai were forcing Sehun inside who was fighting his way out but apparently Chanyeol proved to be stronger with his lanky body beside he wasn’t alone. Kai was helping him too. Now Sehun looked like he was the one weak between them as he struggled and trashed around to be released. She didn’t notice when Irene left to the door locked it, slipping the key out from under the small space.

What the hell? Were they planning to beat Sehun?! Chanyeol did say last night that he sometimes wants to beat the out of Sehun! Oh my god Sehun was betrayed by his close friends.

“The key is out so you talk it out with her and leave otherwise spend the night with her, your choice.”

Jiyeon widened her eyes as she stood up from her chair, eyeing the girl and two panting boys, her face had horror look. What the hell were they planning to do?

“Jiyeon baby, calm down. We mean no harm. You see, you and Sehun are… quite naïve people to understand what you need to do. So you two are forced here to talk whatever you want. Because we know you won’t talk if we leave this room, that’s why we decided to stay with you. Now,” Irene turned to annoyed looking Sehun. “You start because you’re a man. I don’t care your excuses how you’re going to make a fool out of yourself. Just start somehow, otherwise, your childhood embarrassing photos are going to reveal to her. Do. It. Now.”

Sehun grunted something under his breath.

“Jiyeon, come and sit here.” Irene gently told Jiyeon to sit in the middle of the classroom. Jiyeon obediently listened because she was damn scared.

“Sehun bring your here.”

Sehun didn’t move until Chanyeol walk to drag him he stood up on his own, it would be embarrassing to be treated like this in front of Jiyeon.

Now sitting on the floor face to face, Jiyeon was looking down while Sehun was staring at the ceiling.

“Sehun start talking!” Irene yelled.

Sehun cursed her before facing Jiyeon.

“Uh… how are you doing?” He questioned but it sounded like he was questioning himself.

“Fine.” Jiyeon muttered, playing along. Looking how they were treating Sehun it won’t be a nice idea to be stubborn.

“Jiyeon… i… uh… argh.” Sehun ruffled his hair in frustration.

“Jiyeon, he seemed to be struggling with words, why don’t you say something instead.” Irene called from the back.

Jiyeon played with her fingers until she blurted out the first thing came to her mind. “You-you’re handsome.”

Sehun’s cheeks flushed pink. It was adrenaline, or it was pure stupidity. Sehun didn’t know what it was exactly when he automatically blurted out in high pitch voice.

“It would be good if we create babies!”

Sehun’s eyes came out of their socket at his words and it didn’t take time for Jiyeon to show the same reaction.

“Argghhhh!!!! This is why I didn’t want to talk!!!” Sehun cried covering his face, he was bowing to Jiyeon.

While in the background Irene asked Chanyeol casually ‘Did he just say that?’ Chanyeol nodded like a disappointment father, confirming.

Jiyeon had her head down from embarrassment. How could he say something like this?

“Uh… I didn’t mean that… I mean I want that but I shouldn’t say but I freaking think about this all day! Ohmygod!” Sehun covered his mouth.

He was doomed.

Jiyeon was shocked with blood pumping up to her cheeks and ears so fast it was unavoidable. Did she just hear him saying he think of hav- What the hell was running in his mind? Was he a ert or just super weird guy?

Unsure how to reply she replied back. “Uh… that’s good to hear… I guess?”

That was the moment Irene palmed her face. With Chanyeol recording their extreme level of awkwardness. Kai though decided to laugh loudly at the two couples who don’t know how to communicate like a civilize human being.

“We should make babies fast then.” Sehun blurted out once again. As if all in his head running were babies.

.

“O-okay?...”

“Okay this is rated X! Are they talking about having or they really wanted babies? I’m not sure but I’m not going to stay here to find out!” Irene yelled calling her friends to open the door from outside.

Kai though was having the most fun in all this so instead of staying back, he came closer and sit a few steps away from them with his amused smile creepily spread on his face as his eyes waiting for whose going to embarrass themselves first. Sehun had done so two times in a row so he was hoping for Jiyeon.

Jiyeon looked around at her sides to find something to talk about. This was the first time they were talking so casually and even though the conversation was quite… bizarre she didn’t mind at that moment.

“Do you love me?” She asked because she sincerely wanted to know the truth. Maybe he do like her but was a little too awkward to be lovely with her.

“I love you-” Sehun was sweating profusely at the confession. Then to not make himself appear love fool he once again blurted out. “I like cola too!”

It was Kai who rolled on the floor from hilarious situation. “Man you heard him?! He likes cola!” His laugh surrounded the empty large classroom.

Chanyeol shake his head in disappointment. There should be limits for one to be awkward but this… it was disaster.

***

To say Chanyeol regretted forcing Sehun and Jiyeon to talk would be underestimated. He despises the couple so much that no matter how many times he yells at them, they would be disgustingly engrossed among themselves.

“Oh baby move a little on me.” Sehun whispered to Jiyeon’s ear who was currently sitting on his lap.

And Chanyeol wasn’t elementary school innocent boy to not understand what that ert meant by move a little on him. They were in high school, ninety nine percent from hundred were familiar with mature content.

What made things worse was Jiyeon blushed, elbowing her boyfriend on his chest before complying to his request.

Chanyeol gagged at the sight. He truly lost his appetite when his friend moaned softly.

“Okay I’m done!” Chanyeol stormed off from the cafeteria.

In the end nobody sat with them expect Kai, who was enjoying the scene a little bit too much. Well live wasn’t bad for him you know.

 

In the Oh family house, Jiyeon and Sehun were in his room, cuddling on the bed. Until Jiyeon remembered something. She pushed away Sehun to face him who was quiet surprised.

“Sehun,” She called him softly. Sehun hummed a reply, his eyes busy staring at her lips.

“Why did you used to ignore me before?”

Sehun sighed, pulling her to his chest once again.

“You might not believe me when I say I loved even before you could confess to me. I’m not sure if you remember but we’ve met before. I think it was two or three years ago at night. You were alone and some boys surrounded you so when I came to save you, I realized you were fat and… things even that didn’t stop me to think about you. I realized a year later that I’ve fallen for you. I remembered your school uniform so I purposely transferred here just to meet you. But when I saw you, you changed a lot. And honestly I felt betrayed that you change so much. I’ve fallen in love with a chubby pimple faced girl, not the skinny and flawless girl. So I didn’t talk to you. But the day you confessed to me… I was shocked but I didn’t want to appear fool so I pretend to act casually. Whenever I’m around you, I felt myself unable to express and it made me feel like if I talk something foolish, you’ll leave. I can’t help my heart whenever I’m around you. You made me anxious, and small like I’m nothing compared to you. You don’t know how I felt about you… it’s beyond words.”

Jiyeon shyly buried her face in his hard chest. If what Sehun is saying truth then they both falls in love at first sight. Why would someone like Sehun prefer a fat ugly girl? How could he? He was handsome and cool, so it was only logical if he fall for someone who could match with him well… so why her? Even a nerd would’ve rejected her that time but here Sehun was, melting her heart with his sweet confession. It actually made her feel that she wasn’t that bad. That she could be loved like everyone else. That just because she used to be overweight and didn’t take care of her skin doesn’t mean she was a black sheep. It depends on who’s your soul mate.

“But still… I felt lonely… you never called unless you wanted to invite me. You even ignored me the entire time in the beach… i felt you were showing me how worthless I was…” Jiyeon muttered sadly.

Sehun pulled her away to place a light kiss on her pinkish lips. “About beach… hmm I was jealous at how close you become to Chanyeol… so i was mad that day. That he could talk so effortlessly with you while I had to beat myself to only thinking about you. It pissed me how you depended on him… but I couldn’t help myself so I acted like an that day… it was on purpose…” Sehun looked at his sides, not able to face her.

By now Jiyeon realized Sehun was the kind of man who lose his confidence around his crush. No matter how perfectly he lived his life, those qualities buried in tombs around his lover. In some way he was like Jiyeon. While she was shy around everyone, Sehun was like that with her only and because he lived his life under spotlight, it wasn’t easy to act shy so he chose to be jerk and cold. That was it.

“So… are you planning to tell our parents… about the child?” Jiyeon asked.

Sehun pursed his lips. “Let’s wait for another two months till I graduate. So that I could get a full time job. That way your parents won’t kick me out or call me irresponsible. The money I’ve now is enough for an apartment and then two months later, I think I would be able to support you and our child. I promise I would man up and explain to them myself.”

Jiyeon smiled in bliss. “Thank you Sehun.”

Sehun tightened his arms around her, ready to fall asleep. “Why are you thanking me? You know I wanted babies right?”

Jiyeon frowned. “Are you saying I’m pregnant because you wanted me to?”

Oh oh.

“Uh no babe you’re misunderstanding. Ha ha ha I was careless and I didn’t know how it ended up us having babies.”

“She’s pregnant?!” Mrs. Oh asked from the door.

.

Sehun and Jiyeon gave each other a scared look. They were in trouble.

And just twenty minutes later, they were in front of their parents who looked so displeased.

“Jiyeon you should’ve prevented this from happening. You’re still a student. I wanted you to continue college. Why did you let something like this happen to you?” Mrs. Park complained pacing back and forth.

“Mrs. Park please don’t blame Jiyeon, it was m-”

Mrs. Park glared at Sehun with venom. “Why did you do that to my daughter? Do you think we raised her all these years so that you could come and ruin her career because of your childish mistakes. Can’t you wait till she finish college or were you a -”

“Honey you can’t call the child a mistake.” Mr. Park calmly stated. Having this pity look for his daughter and her boyfriend. He was mad at Sehun for being care less but found himself more to the happy side for having to see his grandchild earlier then he thought. Well who could blame him, he was getting older and older. Beside Sehun looked fine man.

Mrs. Park huffed. “Now what’ll my daughter do? You think you can take care of her? Can you even feed her and your baby? What about job and study? Are you going to leave school so you could work?”

Mrs. Oh coughed. “I understand how care less my son is. I totally understand how a mother would feel when her only daughter had to face this. She could live with us till Sehun finish his high school then he would find a job to support his own family.”

Mr. Park decided to interrupt. “I don’t think Jiyeon should live alone with Sehun yet. They are both kids so till he finds a real job and I approve of it, my daughter would live with us.”

Mr. Oh nodded at that. “I think It’s better this way. They should’ve think what they were getting themselves into. Sehun should prove he is capable of taking care of his family otherwise he can’t marry her. Do you understand son?”

Sehun gulped. He wanted to complain but these four pair of judging eyes made him fear for his wellbeing so he nodded his head.

“Can Sehun visit us?” Jiyeon asked, asking the question Sehun was dying to ask.

Mrs. Oh nodded. “Yes he can.”

“Limited hours.” Mrs. Park demanded.

Mrs. Oh gave her a look of displease. “Excuse me for being rude but aren’t you judging my son a little too hard? I mean it takes two to make a baby. My son has done wrong but that that doesn’t mean your daughter has no hand in it. I understand if you don’t like my son’s action but please visiting his child is preventing him from one of his rights.”

Well Sehun was thankful for having his mother to his side.

And it was only logical Mrs. Park agreed with Mrs. Oh. She only speak when it was necessary and it was the only think she asked beside it was true that Sehun wasn’t alone to be blamed even though he said he’s the only who should be blamed.

***

“I’ll try to come as early as possible.” Sehun whispered to Jiyeon’s ears.

Jiyeon’s head was bowed down. Tomorrow she was going for checkup however Sehun told her he had to prepare for exams. They were in two weeks so now Jiyeon was sad. She wanted Sehun to come but she also wanted him to focus on his exams.

“Babe-”

“It’s the second time you’re ditching me Sehun. Last time when mum was talking on the phone nurses were talking about how I get pregnant at such a young and they thought I got this child because I might have slept around for pleasure. I don’t want to go alone.” She whispered brokenly.

Sehun huffed hearing that. “Why didn’t you tell me that before.” Sehun asked, all of a sudden sounding evil.

“That’s because I know you’ll get mad. Beside these days you’re involving in so much fights. I didn’t want you to fight someone again.”

“I’m coming tomorrow. Be ready on time babe.” Sehun kissed her head and from that Jiyeon realized Sehun was pissed off. She regretting telling him. It didn’t take more than a minute for him to ditch his tutor session just so he would fight with whoever try to mock his family.

Sehun was changing in the past month. He was becoming a responsible man by working his two part time jobs after school hours. Because he couldn’t balance between school and job so he had stopped studying for his exams. Now he was managing his time well. However, the only problem was, he was getting involved in fights. Sometimes at street, at school and even at work. When Mrs. Oh find out about this she took her son for help. In the end it was revealed he was impatient because of stress. That he needed to rest. At that point Mrs. Oh was ready to give the boy money but Sehun was hard headed. He declined saying he needed to provide for his family. Even Mrs. Park was worried for Sehun’s health. She had opened up with the boy as she observed how determined he was. She was proud but also concerned so she had this secret talk with him about giving him some money which he refused.

The next morning Jiyeon was ready waiting for Sehun.

The door was knocked twice gently before opening revealing her sunshine.

She smiled widely at Sehun who came in awkwardly, taking her purse he helped her to walk out of her room to his car. Jiyeon was grateful to Sehun.

Inside the office, Sehun glared at the nurses who talk about Jiyeon the last time and ever so proudly he boasted around saying how Jiyeon was his child’s mother. Well Jiyeon hide her face in his chest, he was being so bold and she couldn’t take the unwanted attention he was calling.

“So you’re the father.” Doctor stated. His hands were busy with papers.

“Yes I’m the father.”

The doctor eyed Sehun from head to toe before giving a small smile.

“You seem like a high school student. I know it’s hard to have a baby at such a young age but Mrs. Park is stressed and it’s not good for baby’s health. You should take care of her more. Here are the medicine and vitamin I’ve written for her.”

 

Driving back home Sehun tried to have hard expression.

“Sehun tell me why are you mad.” Jiyeon pouted playing with her fingers.

Sehun sighed. “Babe… you’re not taking care of yourself.”

And then he heard sniffling. Turning his head to her he saw his baby mama in tears.

“Oh babe what’s wrong?” He asked gently, his one hand gripping the stirring wheel while the other rubbing gently on the back of Jiyeon’s hand.

“I’m sorry for not taking care of myself. But whenever I wanted to eat, I feel like I’m too heavy.”

Sehun gulped. He almost forgets she was going to get bigger. And that was only the start but she already begins to worry on her weight. It was going to get bigger which is good but at the same time, Jiyeon’s self-esteem would get even lower. She has this insecurity and now…

He ruffled his hair. He wanted a baby. And baby doesn’t come easily so he had to go through this with Jiyeon. He had to. It was his responsibility.

“Well you’ve to eat more so our baby should born healthy. You don’t want it to born weak, now don’t you?”

Jiyeon nodded for now. Only for now.

“So what do you want to eat?” Sehun asked.

Jiyeon smiled brightly. She was getting hungry and thank god Sehun asked her for food.

 

It was Sehun’s graduation day. He had that stupid grin on his face all day long knowing he was going to get a full time job. His friends gave him that weird looks for being overly happy yet instead of lessen it, he widened it even more.

Everything went well, really good and it was time he was going to meet Jiyeon. Bidding his parents goodbye he went to his car and speed it on his way mentally screaming ‘I’m free!’ Now free doesn’t mean he won’t study ever, he know once his child is one year old, he had to start college. It was necessary for a good job which could pay him well.

The moment he came inside Jiyeon came to him, almost running. It was new because usually he had to go to her room or even if she’s just in the living room, he still had to walk to her but today she came to him herself. She was only four months pregnant but you see, she was quite the lazy type so she took advantage of this and did nothing around other than sleeping, eating, watching TV. One time, she was forced by Mrs. Park to move a little so she ends up crying and calling Sehun who decided to take her to the park so they could walk together. Finally did she move. Now Sehun would take her to park four days a week for the baby.

“Sehun, how did it go?” Jiyeon asked with a beautiful smile on her face.

Sehun leaned to her lips, stealing a kiss. “It went well. Honestly I was waiting to come to you so I don’t remember much. Now where do you want to go?”

Jiyeon frowned in disapprove. “Sehun, what did I tell you about socializing?”

Sehun shrugged the scolding, kissing her eyebrows he pulled back and took her hand to walk her out the door.

“Sehun don’t ignore my question. You shouldn’t think about me twenty four seven. Just because I don’t have friends doesn’t mean you should ditch yours.” She whined.

“Fine fine I’ll have dinner with them tomorrow.” Sehun murmured not really sure if he was going to have dinner with them or not. Who knows if he suddenly wanted to be with his girlfriend? There was no guarantee.

“Sehun,” Jiyeon called after a while. Sehun was being happy and all but there was something bothering her for about months. She didn’t say anything before about it because Sehun was busy, he had more things to take care of but now that he got his ‘freedom’ just like how he calls it she decided to ask. Sehun was even slower than her truth to be told. She was shy girl, it took Sehun so long so she could be more talkative around him yet that doesn’t mean she wasn’t shy anymore. There are things she still feel hard to say just like right now.

“Yes babe?” Sehun asked happily. For a second she thought it would spoil his happy mood but then she had been quite for so long to hold herself back now.

“Uh… I was… thin-”

She stopped talking when she felt Sehun’s hand rubbing her palm gently. “Babe, tell me anything. Don’t be nervous.”

Jiyeon swallowed the lump. They have been together long enough for Sehun to catch her body language whenever she was scared, nervous or hurt.

“I… I was thinking that now you have graduate… when are we going to marry?” She observed Sehun. Wanting to see each detail, to know if he wanted to even get married.

Sehun smiled softly with his eyebrows raised. “Oh god sometimes I really wanted to beat myself.” He talked to himself before facing Jiyeon again.

“I’m such a disappointment I know. I was supposed to ask that but… yeah once again I failed to be a man-”

“Sehun-”

“No babe I should’ve man up and ask for it. I mean I was thinking to ask you but-”

“You already did so much for me, Sehun. Just because you’re man doesn’t mean that it is your duty to ask. Its 2017 you know.” Jiyeon gently talked. She knows Sehun always face a hard time when it comes to their life decisions. He doesn’t show much, hiding those stormy feelings with a gentle smile. Yet he was hating himself on the inside.

“I should have.” Sehun insisted with a frown. “Babe… I know you’ve thought a lot about this before saying it to me… it must have been hard on you… I’m sorry-” Jiyeon’s sniff interrupted his apology and then he grasp the situation. She doesn’t want him to blame himself and move on. With another regretful mind, he called gently.

“Babe fine, I understand. Please don’t cry.” He halted the car at the side of the road.

Kindly he reached his hand to her shoulder to pull her closer to him in a side hug. Jiyeon soundlessly let him cradle her. She didn’t want to look at him with teary eyes, he would feel bad; more than he was already feeling.

Knowing apologizing isn’t an option, he mentally decided to say what he felt. That would surely work on her frail heart.

“Babe, I’m thankful to your bravery. Let’s just forget what happened okay?”

Jiyeon glanced up with pouting lips and teary eyes, tracking down any sort of lie. Confirmed he was truthful she smiled brightly at the compliment with her shiny eyes. It was such a sight Sehun could’ve fainted at. Sometimes she was too beautiful for his heart.

 

Three weeks later, the couples were on their wedding avenue which Mr. Oh paid for. His son couldn’t pay for it of course that would be too much unnecessary expensive. He was now responsible of his wife and unborn child. He needs to save as much as he can. Beside no matter how much of a man he become, he was still his only son. That much wasn’t hard to do for him. When Sehun was born, the couples believed he would be a trouble maker. Somehow Sehun in his eighteen years of life, had only gave them three burdens. One, when he was fifteen years old, he had driven a car and because he was a minor without a licenses he was send to police office where his parents were called. The second was when he sixteen, one day he came home with a bruised and bloody body, two stiches on his left cheek. He hides that from them until a day later women called them saying Sehun beat her son up. Mr. Oh and Mrs. Oh had to meet the women in police station, again. There were three boys just as beaten as Sehun was. Sehun had said they were bullying little children so he went to stop them but they hit him so he hit them back. The boys though denied the statement saying Sehun attacked them for no reason. Knowing Sehun as his parents, they believed their son and patted his back, complimenting how Sehun was brave for protecting the children in front of other scowling parents. They were all let out because it was more than obvious boys were lying. And the third was… when he made his girlfriend pregnant. That was how Sehun was. He was a blessing with his bright personality who never troubled them like he should’ve. So seeing his son getting married made the stone heart of Mr. Oh melt. Now he wasn’t the kid he and his wife played with. He wasn’t the kid who asked them questions with wide curious eyes. He wasn’t the boy who would cry a day before his exams. He was also not the guy who once enjoyed staying out late just to drink up with his friends and came up with excuse such as sleepovers. No, he was the man of today. It was his day.

Sehun smiled at Jiyeon dancing to the slow music with dim lights. Jiyeon was too shy to even look up. Before today, Sehun had been holding himself from eyeing her like a meat now he was shamelessly doing so saying no one had the right to stop him because she was his lawfully.

“You know tonight we’re going to do something that I wanted to do for a long time.” Sehun whispered, swinging their bodies left to right.

“Sehun don’t say such a things. We did that three months ago.” She still didn’t look up, her cheeks were in fire.

Sehun raised his eyebrow. He press her closer to himself, so she look up at the naughty smirk.

“Well, three months is long enough to be thirsty for my lover attention, isn’t it?”

“Sehun stop. You’re making me shy.” Jiyeon whined.

“Oh really, now do i?” He teased further, his signified smirk playing on his lips.

Jiyeon didn’t response to that. He would keep it up and her whining would alone feed his ego. So with eyes sinking down she let him handle her like a gentleman he is.

The night ended for them and for the first time they enter their apartment as spouse. It wasn’t that good place, just good enough for Sehun to pay till he found a better job.

And that night Sehun really did go out of his way ravishing his wife like he never did before. Needless to say, Jiyeon expected that because the way he was holding himself back was too much for him.

 

A year later...

Jiyeon woke up in the middle of the night hearing baby cries. She moved to the room like a robot without any feelings on her face. Her sleep deprived face looked pale and warm.

Holding the baby girl up, she cradled her in her chest, rocking back and forth gently to calm the fragile soul into falling asleep. Her eight month old girl has been giving her a hard time. As a calm and peaceful personality it was a hard job for Jiyeon. And Sehun wasn’t helping. He said he would start college after one year but just when his daughter turned six months old, he decided to continue because he wanted to give them everything they want faster. That he couldn’t wait. So now he would first thing in the morning start his college lesson. Finishing them all he would go his work as a waiter. He specifically chose that one because he could study in the middle of the work and it paid enough to live in a decent apartment and for food. But as his daughter was growing up, she needed more so that’s why he decided to start college. He was taking designer course. Learning artsy because apparently Sehun had a think for it and he was good at it too. Anyway by the time he comes home, he would be dead tired. Talking to his daughter for few minutes then asking Jiyeon’s day and then in the middle he would dose off. Yep so Jiyeon was left with everything else. Both were having a hard time but they know it was temporary so they both quiet it down and embrace the hard times.

Once her daughter, named Seyeon fall sleep Jiyeon walked to master bedroom. She settled the blanket on Sehun whose mouth was open. He looked just as pale as she was. Smiling she kissed his cheek. Her eyes saddening at the warm exhausted skin. Things will get better.

At the morning she woke up to prepare a breakfast. Once all prepared she came to Sehun to wake him up.

“Sehun… wake up it’s time to get ready.” She draws smooth circles in his wrist’s soft side.

With a shriek Sehun woke up, “I’m up.” he said sleepily.

Jiyeon leaned down on the man, kissing the side of his lips, she didn’t move until he opened his eyes staring right at her. Instantly a sugary smiled formed. He didn’t lean to kiss her but that smile was charming enough to make her day full.

Yawning Sehun stood up on his feet, not wasting time to shower. Jiyeon walked to her daughter’s room.

The cute bundle of joy was on her bed, staring around with her curious eyes. Once Seyeon’s met Jiyeon the baby giggled waving her chubby hand and feet in the air pleased to see her mother.

“Oh my baby girl is awake? When did this naughty girl wake up?” She cooed at the giggly girl. The baby automatically raised her arms up, already used to getting carried away the first thing she wake up.

Jiyeon peeled the baby clothes off, then taking the small thing in the bath. After bath, she applied lotion and baby powder, diaper then her cute yellow sponge bob shirt and pink pants. When the baby was ready, she came downstairs, seeing Sehun had started to eat because he needs to leave early.

Setting the girl on her baby chair she smiled at Sehun who was eating three pancakes at a time. She shake her head in disapprove. Before their wedding, Sehun was a decent eater but after first month of their wedding, he would shove the food down his throat. He ate like a hungry animal and he eat too much as well. She wondered how he was so skinny even after eating three people potions.

“Sehun our daughter is looking at you. Please show some manners.” Jiyeon scolded the nineteen years old man… or boy well that doesn’t matter anyway scolded him to eat like a human because their daughter was learning a lot from Sehun despite him not being around much.

Their daughter also had her looks from her father. Every single thing expects her eyes. Her nose, lips, forehead, the face shape, her eyebrows and neck, just like Sehun. Jiyeon was sure she would be the girl version of Sehun. And let’s not forget that sharp jaw.

Jiyeon wondered why she was this twin to Sehun. Sehun was truly handsome but still… she sighed. At least she got her eyes. Those large sparkly eyes.

“Sehun, can you buy her diapers in your way home?” Jiyeon asked.

Gulping the half jug of juice straight from the jug itself in five seconds he thought for a second. Sometime Jiyeon wished if Sehun could thing as fast as he eat.

“I’ll see if I leave early. Otherwise I’ll call Chanyeol to do so.”

Jiyeon nodded. She understand he was busy and beside Chanyeol was living two floors down. Practically he was taking Sehun’s brother role. And of course, Sehun had to pay him for him to work for his family willingly. So all was well.

“How my baby girl doing?” Sehun cooed at Seyeon lovingly. His big hands taking the little girl out of out her chair. He hold her close to his chest, smiling sweetly at the feeling his daughter snuggled to his hard chest, her small hand curled to her side while she closed her eyes. He sways his body right to left lightly. His lips whispering sweet compliments to her ear. It was almost shocking how she become so quiet, so calm and so obedient when held by her father.

While Jiyeon stared from the sidelines. Sehun calmly put his little girl in her chair who looked at him with her big longing eyes. Sehun patted her head before making his way to Jiyeon.

Slowly he wrapped his arms around her waist hauling her closer to his body. His hand going up and down on her back gently.

“I love you babe.”

Jiyeon bitterly smiled. “I love you too.”

It was temporary. She reminded herself.

 

And temporary it was. When Seyeon turned three, Sehun had bought them their own house. It was a typical two story beautiful house. (Their house link).

The first they moved, it looked a lot better than their previous apartment and it also contains a garden and the neighborhood was good. They houses were there all same shape but different colors. It looked like fantasy to their daughter’s wondering eyes.

A year ago, Sehun has made his contract with a company who liked his designs. So he worked here and there until he made enough money to live comfortably and here they were, going to start a new life. Beside Sehun could work from home so he had more time with his family and that was all that Jiyeon wanted.

“Daddy, are we going to play here?” Seyeon asked tucking Sehun’s pants down.

Sehun smiled at the little girl, he bent down to lift her up and then nodded his head. “Yep baby girl. That’s where we are going to play from now on. You happy?”

The little girl nodded furiously before trying to push her father away to walk on her own. Jiyeon smiled from the back at the scene.

“Your daughter ditched me for the house.” Sehun complained with pouty lips.

Jiyeon smacked his back. “Don’t be ridiculous. She’s just excited and wanted explore.” She reassured.

“I hope that’s all.” He whispered begrudgingly.

 

It was the night Jiyeon has been waiting for six months. She marked it on her phone, their fifth wedding anniversary as Jiyeon was sulking in her room because Sehun was supposed to take her out like he promised but there was no trace or smell of the said man and it was nearly too late. Two years ago he forgot their anniversary and Jiyeon forgave him because she knows he was busy but now? Now their lives were easier so why he was neglecting their special day? He did whatever he likes and she never interrupted him much about anything but wouldn’t it be too much to ignore one day that she hold close to her heart?

It was past twelve nearly one a.m. when she heard the steps of a human life. She frowned. The day ended and here he was.

The door cracked open and came in Sehun with his white dress shirt and black pants. He looked normal. No guilt, no hard feelings. It was if he don’t know what day it was today and it was confirmed when he asked.

“Where’s Seyeon?”

Jiyeon bitterly laughed. First he forgot their anniversary then he come home late and the first thing instead of greeting her like a normal human would do, he ask where his daughter is when Jiyeon told him three days ago that she would send Seyeon to her grandparents’ house. Way to go Oh Sehun.

So she glared at her husband from the mirror where she applied her make few hours ago.

“She went to her grandparents.” Then she stood up going to her wardrobe to take her dress off. The dress Sehun specially bought for her, I mean chose for her. It was light purple fitting dress, knee length with a real diamond on the left side of her shoulder.

Sehun hummed, opening the cuffs still not realizing his grieve mistake. So he smiled, sitting on bed he called.

“Babe since there’s no kid in the house could we have some y times?” It wasn’t even a question. His tone basically sounded ‘Let’s because we can’. Any other time Jiyeon would’ve given in, she really would wordlessly but not today. Not when she was fuming with anger and has a great urge to punch him on his face.

“I’m tired, go e or something.” Jiyeon hissed coming out of the room with her bathrobe and going straight to the shower.

Sehun’s jaw dropped. What did she just say? She didn’t reject him flat out right? It wasn’t possible. Jiyeon, the sweet and shy girl basically telling him to off. What did exactly happen?

Fifteen minutes later Jiyeon came, not giving a single look at Sehun who was still thinking why she was mad lifted the cover up to get inside.

“Ohh baby tell me what’s wrong? Did I do something wrong that you’re mad at me?” Sehun whined like a brat.

“Oh no you did nothing wrong. You’re the saint who’s always right so don’t worry. I might be stupid so I’m angry at my stupidity. It has absolutely nothing to do with you.” She hissed mocking him.

That night Sehun slept thinking to himself what he did wrong. Yet he didn’t find out.

The next morning when he called to his work they said he has two days off. Sehun said he never asked for a day off then the security said his wife did a week ago which left him even more confused. Beside Jiyeon was being cold to him, it didn’t settle with him so after two hours of repeated apology for something he don’t know he left to his study or office room.

“Why did you ask a day off for me?” Sehun asked Jiyeon who was watching TV with a really sad expression. She had almost tears in her eyes. Sehun’s eyes landed on the screen to see the couples were happily eating their anniversary cake. A. Typical. Drama. For him.

“Babe-”

“Because I wanted to. Sorry you can call them back and say you don’t want it.” She replied coldly.

Sehun frowned. If she wasn’t going to tell him then how was he supposed to know what was wrong? Because it was the very time she was treating him this badly it left him confused. What could he have done to make her this mad at him? Was she suspecting him cheating or something? Because Sehun was one hundred one percent sure he was loyal to his wife. Could he have said something to her before going out last day? Everything seemed normal and she bid him like she always do… So what the hell was wrong with her?! Sehun ruffled his hair giving up in making her talk for now.

Five hours later he was thirsty so he came down to gets a glass of water however what he find was his precious wife whimpering quietly to herself.

Sehun was shocked. Without a second thought he dashed his way to her panicking.

“Babe you okay? Are you hurt? Let me see!” He without her permission pulled her up from the couch and checked her body even when Jiyeon said nothing was wrong with her. Sehun made sure there were no outer injury so he came up with a conclusion it could be muscle pain or something inside.

“Babe there’s something wrong with you and we’re going to doctor right now.” He urgently said with a very worried expression it almost melted her heart so she cried harder.

“Sehun you don’t understand!” She yelled pushing his hands away from her.

“So enlighten me because I obviously don’t understand!” Jiyeon flinched when Sehun yelled back.

Sehun halted in his place shocked at what he just did. He clearly saw how she flinched with his voice. Which he never once raised on her, on the love of his life.

Jiyeon stared at him with teary eyes for few seconds, then shaking her head in disappointment afterward she hasten to master bedroom, shutting the door and locking it.

Sehun was left in his place, thinking what he just did. He has hurt her. Knowing Jiyeon, she would keep it in her heart and even start fear from him too. So instead of waiting anymore, he took the spare key from under the mat and dashed to master bedroom.

Unlocking the door he fined his wife under the sheets crying choking sobs. His heart broke at the mere sight so he jumped on the bed. Pulling the sheets away, he pinned her arms above her head before diving in her neck, there he kissed the place over and over begging for apology.

“I’m so damn sorry Babe. I don’t know what came over me but please don’t cry love.” His lips kissed her tears and lips until she calmed down, only hiccupping.

“Babe I’m a really bad person but please at least tell me what I did wrong? It hurts me so bad when you’re ignoring me like this. Please… I can’t take it… it’s stressing me out…” He whispered last words. It was obvious he was also at the verge of breaking down.

“Last day was our fifth wedding anniversary. You came late and…”

Finally the puzzle was solved and Sehun stared at her blankly. “It was? But… it’s marked three months later on my phone…” He whispered, more like to himself.

Jiyeon frowned. “No, it was last day.” She insisted.

Sehun took his phone from the nightstand, checking it and yes, there were still three months. “Look at it babe.”

Jiyeon checked it and later check her phone. Well they had to check their wedding photo where the date was written behind the large frame. In the end it was still three months later.

Jiyeon embarrass apologized but Sehun said he would only forgive her unless they do it for all two days, asking another day off. And in the end Jiyeon was unwillingly let him do her in almost everywhere he wanted. It was embarrassing but she had no option. She made a fuss and accused him when from the beginning she was at mistake so at the very least her poor husband deserves that. He had asked for this before but Jiyeon declined saying it was inappropriate and that they have a daughter but oh well. He had his fun for two days and after that, Jiyeon couldn’t move from the bed so Sehun ordered them food for a week.

***

The screen went blank.

It was Oh Sehun and Park Jiyeon love life.

“So how do you feel about your parents, kids?” Chanyeol asked cheerfully as if sitting for three hours and watching the frustrating scenes was nothing to him.

“Mommy was cute!” Jongsoo said shyly.

Sehun ruffled the little boy’s head in affection while Jongsoo leaned more to the fatherly touch.

All eyes run to Seyeon who was having a hard time firming her poker face. There was just so much on her usually expressionless face but still the teenager tried to hide that.

“Seyeon, you okay baby?” Jiyeon asked in concern. Knowing her children, Seyeon was never one to show emotion because she claims them as pathetic and useless.

Though Seyeon didn’t look up her parents might have the idea of what was going through her pretty little head. And also questioning her further in front of all these would make her feel humiliated so Jiyeon slide the topic off. This conversation would be bought to her room when they are alone.

It was already so late Chanyeol insisting on leaving saying his parents want him to stay over there so bidding goodbye and tucking the baby of family in his bed; the couples walk to their teenage daughter room. Who was staring out the window to the dark and snowy view.

“Seyeon… you seemed to be thinking about something back there… can you share it with us?” Jiyeon asked carefully.

Sehun sat beside Jiyeon on the bed expecting an answer.

“I… I’m sorry for always making you mad, dad…” She whispered shamefully and it came quit a surprise to Sehun because his daughter was stone hearted to apologize first.

“What?” Sehun asked in shock.

“Dad, don’t do that.” Seyeon whined from embarrassment.

“You apologized?” Sehun asked again to confirm so Seyeon narrowed her eyes nodding slowly.

“Why?”

She sighed. “Because you always took care of me when I was a kid. But I still disrespected you after all the love you have showed me… I was being ungrateful.” Seyeon confessed her feelings.

Sehun smiled softly at the mere sight of defeated girl so he leaned closer to her, pulling her by her shoulders to his chest while patting the back of her head he gently said.

“Fool, it was my responsibility to take care of you. I would’ve been a real jerk if I didn’t treat you with love and beside I didn’t shower you with love so that you can repay me back.” He stilled when he heard a whimper.

Jiyeon rubbed Seyeon’s back up and down to calm the girl.

“Family does that without asking anything in return. We are always there for each other no matter what. Because we sincerely love one another without exception, dear. If I didn’t love you, I would’ve not put up with you nor would you’ve been with us. Deep down you know you love us just like we love you.”

“But I’ve hurt you so much dad!” Seyeon insisted.

“So does hurting me mean you don’t like me?” Sehun asked slyly.

“I love you.”

“That’s the point dear. You have done mistakes and you learned from them instead of crying over them.”

“Yes, father.”

For the first in a decade they had interacted with feelings. Jiyeon almost shed tears at the beautiful sight. Maybe they should thank Chanyeol for bringing that video and filming it. He once again took a part of their family and both Sehun and Jiyeon were aware of it.


It was after summer break when Sehun and Jiyeon decided to drop their kids at school together. Seyeon stop came first then Jongsoo. Because he was still baby for them, they decided to leave the boy to his classroom themselves and have a word with teacher.

Jongsoo was tightly grasping Jiyeon’s hand while they walked to the classroom.

Standing in front of the classroom talking with teacher they were moving their steps to walk back until a figure bumped to Sehun’s broad back and the person whined clutching his nose.

“You okay sir?” Sehun asked, helping the man to balance.

“Yeah yeah aft- wait what? Jiyeon?”

Jiyeon had her eyes widened at the person, instinct she hides herself behind Sehun’s large build up.

“T-Taehyung… what are you doing here?”

Hearing the name, Sehun stood straight in intimidating position. It was creepy for the slightly shorter male.

“I work here.” Taehyung whispered getting the picture. There were rumors Sehun has impregnate the girl called Jiyeon. Now it was making sense, they were married and the rumors were true.

“How did they let a harasser to become a teacher?” Sehun said out loud without shame.

Taehyung frowned. “Hey stop being upset over past. Yes I did bad back then and no one even know she was dating you so stop blaming me beside I’m not interested in your wife anymore. She’s a house wife type which isn’t my style. I prefer y you know.”

“A then huh.” It was whispered but it was more than enough to insult the teacher in so many ways. Sehun left with a victory smile. And from that day Sehun decided he would personally take Jongsoo to school and take him home back. So that he could annoy Taehyung.

 

Months passed by with everyone growing older and older.

It was rainy day. Sehun had once told his daughter and son to stay inside because of the rain and the both obeyed him.

It was night, everyone was asleep except Jiyeon. Staring outside the window with admiration. Those little drops bumping the window wetting it and maybe even cleaning it from outside. But it was going to get colder as darker the night become.

“What are you doing, babe?” Sehun asked, coming to her with his light blue pajamas.

Jiyeon simply smiled at him. She was thankful to him for every single thing.

“Sehun… can we go outside and… get wet in rain…” It was a ridiculous request and Sehun has all he reasons to reject it. It was a childish wish.

“Why babe?”

“No reason.”

There was a reason though.

And Sehun understood that well.

“Fine, let’s go for a little while and we’ll be back before children notice, okay?” Sehun asked in mischievous tone. It wasn’t everyday Jiyeon asked him things and so when she did, he loved to do them whole heartedly.

Jiyeon smiled happily already skipping outside leaving Sehun to follow behind her chuckling at the cheerful attitude.

It was cold obviously and Jiyeon had the guts to reach till under the stairs, no more than that.

Sehun wrapped his arms around her from behind smiling sweetly.

“Why stopping now? Let’s just go out some more. The streets would be empty at his hour and no one would be driving so it would be more fun if we walk there.”

Jiyeon shivered but nodded. She needed this and Sehun was going along with her wishes. When was the last time she asked him something for herself? It was always about children and they weren’t even that old. In their mid-thirties with a look of late twenties.

Walking there hand in hand was beautiful and it got even more so when they reach the destination.

Just like Sehun said.

It was beautiful too.

She smiled widely despite the fact she was dying from cold but for once, she didn’t want to care. She didn’t want to be shy and just do what she felt like, let it be the most childish thing. For tonight, she wanted to have that carefree mind. So pulling her hand away she ran rolled with the air with a smile as bright as the sun shining.

Sehun stared from the sidelines. For him she was always beautiful- but this sight was pure delicate and alluring. His heart melted at the sight.

When he thought she had enough fun by herself, he walked to her and like a gentleman, took her wet palm before going behind her to hug her as they swayed right to left with the harmony of wind.

“Sehun, I’ve always dreamed us to be together washing beneath the sky all alone… for one time.” Saying this, she turned around to face the refined man. He was wearing this pleasant smile it was hard to look away.

“You did?” He asked, motioning her to continue as he fully turned her to himself still with that warm-hearted smile.

Nodding delightful Jiyeon pursed her lips in close lip smile.

“Thank you for being with me no matter how hard it’s to be with someone like me.”

Clicking his tongue in distaste Sehun pressed her body completely against his, feeling each other flesh through stuck clothes. “Gorgeous, it was never hard. Never will be, not to me for my love for you is still so young no matter the age.”

Fairly he tilts his head down to dive in a wet, teeth clasping kiss. Jiyeon encased her arms around his torso while Sehun’s gripped firmed on the side of her face to pull his heart desire in a deeper endearment.

END

AUTHOR NOTE

So it’s quiet messed up and complicated but… I told you to keep your expectation low -_-

Anyway thank you so much for reading this ^^