Tomorrow

Rock, Paper & Scissors

Things weren’t the same anymore. That kiss on the cheek meant something. Taeyeon couldn’t ignore it even if she wanted to. Tiffany had made the move and now the ball was in her court. She could send the ball over swift and hard, down the line. Or she could send the ball over gently, nicely placed in the middle for a return serve.

If she were honest to herself, she would have to admit Tiffany was an attractive woman. And after spending more time with mana-Bear-, the woman didn’t seem so bad. Even if she wasn’t her type.

That kiss. She had found herself touching her cheek ever so often on the drive home. And after getting home. And while she lay on her bed before falling asleep. It had been completely unexpected but not in a bad way. A pleasant surprise? It was more like that.

And now she couldn’t get the kiss out of her mind as she walked into the bar. Was Tiffany already here? Was Tiffany waiting for her to say something? Was she thinking about this too much?

“Hi, Taeyeon.”

Mana-Bear-. Taeyeon turned around. “Are you feeling okay today?”

A radiant smile greeted her. “I’m good. Thanks for sending me home safely.”

“You haven’t taken your car back.”

A sheepish grin warned Taeyeon of an impending request. “I was thinking of hitching a ride with you to pick up my car.”

“Assuming I’m willing to drive you to my place.”

“Please?” Tiffany’s puppy eyes were back.

“I told you not to do that if you want a ride from me.”

Tiffany grinned. “Thanks, Taeyeon. I’ll see ya later.”

Taeyeon watched as Tiffany walked away from the stage, towards the bar. Mana-Bear- hadn’t behaved any differently than before. It was as though the kiss had never happened. Or was it because they were at work? Maybe.

o|v

Tonight was one of those nights. And by ‘one of those nights’, Taeyeon meant the kind of night where alcohol was unavoidable. Birthdays and overzealous patrons. Those were the main reasons for alcohol intake and tonight, there was a birthday and a few overzealous birthday party patrons.

First she had to down some beer to toast the birthday girl. Then the birthday girl’s friends seemed to take a liking to her and plied her with drinks, of which, she had to drink a few. By the end of the night, Taeyeon was out of it.

She cleared the last song of the last set and made her way down the stage feeling a little wobbly. At the sight of their booth, she headed straight for the seats and slumped flat on her back. That made it worse, unfortunately, and she felt slightly nauseous.

“You okay?” Sooyoung asked, her tone concerned.

“They really dropped so many drinks on us today. Sorry, I couldn’t help you to drink more,” said Hyo.

“Don’t be stupid. A band can’t play with a drunk drummer,” Taeyeon groused.

Hyo laughed. “For a drunk person, you still make a lot of sense.”

“I’m not drunk. I’m just feeling giddy.”

“That’s drunk, stupid.”

“Whatever. Just drive me home.”

“Why don’t you just sleep here for the night,” Hyo joked and the other two laughed.

“Go ahead. Leave me here. Now I know who my ing friends are.”

“I’ll send Taeyeon home.”

All heads turned to the voice, including Taeyeon even though it made her giddy.

“What?”

Oh . no. “Manabi—” Taeyeon was silenced by Hyo’s hand on .

“What did you say?”

“I need to pick up my car from Taeyeon’s place anyway.”

No. Shut up!

“Why is your car at Taeyeon’s place?” Sooyoung asked.

“I had dinner at her place yesterday and drank a little too much. Taeyeon drove me home so my car’s still at her place.”

There was dead silence for a moment. Then it erupted.

“Taeyeon, you sneaky .”

“When were you planning on telling us?”

“I feel so betrayed.”

Taeyeon groaned. “Shut up you ers. It was just dinner. Sunny asked. Not me.”

“Sunny? You know Sunny?” Seo asked in a high pitched voice.

“Shut up.” Pushing herself up, Taeyeon growled, “Seo, drive me home.”

“I said I’ll send you home.” Tiffany stepped towards her and took her arm. “Grab your stuff.”

“No.”

“Get—your—stuff.”

“No.” Taeyeon tried to tug her arm free but mana-Bear- was holding on tight. “Leggo my arm.”

“Where’s her stuff?”

“Here,” Seo answered, handing Taeyeon’s bag to mana-Bear-’s outstretched hand.

“Let’s go.”

“No.”

“Don’t be a stubborn old cow. Get up.”

Sooyoung gave her a push and Hyo tugged the other arm. Together they got her up and she closed her eyes, feeling worse than before. “ this .”

“Come on. Let’s get you home.”

“We’ll help you, Tiffany,” said Seo and Taeyeon’s arm was pulled around the tall keyboardist’s shoulder.

It was an awkward angle for Taeyeon so she was all too glad to be let down onto the seat in her car. Leaning back, she closed her eyes and groaned and decided to ignore everything else in the world.

“Do you need her address?” asked Sooyoung.

“I have it, thanks.”

“Let us know when you both reach home,” said Seo.

“I will. Thank you.”

“Drive safely,” said Seo. “Remember your seatbelts.”

o|v

Tiffany glanced at Taeyeon every now and then. The singer had her eyes closed and the crease between her brows was deep.

“Are you okay?”

Taeyeon only groaned and shifted in her seat.

“Sit tight. I’ll let you know when we’re there.”

For the rest of the journey, it seemed like Taeyeon had fallen asleep. But the singer opened her eyes and shifted again just as they arrived.

“We’re here,” she informed the singer. A mumbled grumble was her reply.

With Taeyeon’s arm pulled over her shoulder and the singer’s bag on the other, Tiffany helped the singer to her apartment. Fortunately, Sunny answered the doorbell so she didn’t have to search for Taeyeon’s keys.

“Oh my God. What happened?”

“She had too much to drink.”

Sunny took Taeyeon’s bag from her. “Thanks for bringing her back.”

“No problem.”

Together, they off loaded Taeyeon onto the singer’s bed.

“How will you go home after this?” Sunny asked after Taeyeon was tucked into bed.

“My car was left here since yesterday.”

“But it’s so late now. It’s not safe.”

“It’s okay. I always drive home alone after work anyway.”

Sunny shook her head. “No, no. You should stay the night.”

“Here?”

“This can be pulled out into a bed.” Sunny pointed at the little couch in Taeyeon’s room. “You can sleep on that. And you can take Taeyeon’s pyjamas. They’re all a size too big for her so you’ll fit in nicely.”

“But—”

“It’s settled. And you’ll have a wonderful breakfast in the morning served by me, since this useless rock is gonna suffer from a hangover in the morning.”

At the sound of breakfast, Tiffany changed her mind and gave Sunny a wide smile. “Okay, I’ll sleep over. Thank you.”

Sunny nodded and giggled. “Imagine Taeyeon’s reaction when she wakes up and sees you here.”

Tiffany smiled sheepishly. Based on Taeyeon’s reactions earlier at the bar, she wasn’t entirely sure if it was going to be good or bad. But she was going to find out.

o|v