Final

Swim (One-shot)

Bobby sighed for the umpteenth time as he heard the consecutive beeps on his phone. Dispirited, he threw the phone on the studio's computer table and stared at the ceiling, his back reclining on the swivel chair.

His long-awaited album had just come out. After his phone became alive with congratulatory words from his family, members, and friends, only her voice was yet to be heard. He wondered if she was still busy with her group schedules in Japan, but even Lisa found the time to send him a congratulatory text.

It would only take her a minute to type congratulations!, a minute more to send the text but she didn't. Even a dot would suffice.

Three weeks and counting... it had been three weeks since he last seen her. He missed her so bad, couldn't she feel that? Or was it only him that does the missing part?

'This isn't working out,' he thought to himself. Grabbing his sports bag on the nearby couch, he informed the other producers at the studio that he was going home. They agreed, saying that he needed the rest he could get, also adding about a job well done he did for his album.

The dorm was silent with the absence of s' noise. As he turned the lights on, a little part of him expected that they would come out and yell, "Congratulations!" but was only met with the dorm's clean state. The last time this happened was when Hayi came over and fixed the clutter. She hated seeing a ‘tornado of a mess,’ as she’d like to call it. It made Bobby remember the time the members teased Hanbin, saying he only made the petite soulful singer his girlfriend because of this habit.

Without thinking, a bitter chuckle came out of the rapper's lips. 'It's nice to have a girlfriend thinking over her boyfriend's well-being,' he said to himself, the thought of his own girlfriend's missing presence still pricking his chest like a sting from a thousand bees.

Disregarding the pain for a while, he checked the kitchen, even the other members' rooms, but no one was there. Last time he heard, there was no schedule for today. In fact, Bobby was the busiest of them all.

'Did they go somewhere without me?'

Bobby felt a sinking feeling in his chest as that thought settled in his mind. They did go somewhere without him, probably having fun among themselves. Those guys were probably eating well at some nice and warm restaurant. Maybe it hadn't even crossed their minds about Bobby missing from the seven-membered group.

It was supposed to be a celebratory day, how did it go down like this?

Shaking his head, he proceeded to his room and dropped the bag somewhere. Bobby figured that he wanted to take a bath first. Maybe that would help heal the wound in his heart, the water giving warmth to his body, close to the feeling of someone hugging him. That thought made him feel lonelier than ever.

The deep-voiced rapper was in the middle of shampooing when he heard the beep of the passcode, signaling that someone was entering the house. He thought it was the members arriving but he discounted it as he couldn't hear the noise pollution those guys would always bring.

Washing the excess suds from the shampoo off his hair, he proceeded to tie a towel around his waist and went out of the bathroom. Bobby carefully surveyed the area, the looming silence providing him discomfort. What if a saesang fan managed to sneak in without security knowing it?

The rapper entered his room, choosing to change into something before contacting anybody, when the sight of someone lying on his bed stopped him short. It felt like his heart dropped at that moment.

Jisoo giggled. "Someone looks y today."

Bobby blinked, slowly stepping inside as if he was the intruder. "Jisoo?"

The woman he had been missing so much for the past weeks tipped her head to the side, finding his shocked state amusing. She nodded and replied with a slight chuckle in her tone, "The one and only."

So many words got caught in his throat but only one made sense. Jisoo.

"But, Japan..."

"I took the first flight home," she said as she sat on the edge of his bed. "Thankfully, they agreed."

Home. Bobby liked how it came out of her lips, as if her home was here, right here in his place. But was it the same for him? Jisoo was his home too.

The black hoodie she wore was wrinkled now, probably from lying down. The jeans she paired it with was wrinkled too. That didn't mean she was anything less breathtaking. In fact, her simple clothing reminded him of the Jisoo he knew well, away from the glitz and glamour of the spotlight, the scrutiny of the press, and the expectations set for her by the company.

The purple hair he fell in love with was now dyed to black. It caused her pale complexion to become more doll-like. Her perfectly shaped lips were painted with something that bridged red to pink, almost coming off as rosy, yet at the same time, screamed personality.

Bobby was now growing aware of his undressed situation. Slightly becoming red, he fumbled around the room and opened his closet; setting his eyes on the first shirt he saw hanging.

"S – Sorry," he began. "I was taking a bath and—"

"No need," she heard him whisper from behind him. Along with this was the feel of her hands going around his hard torso. "I missed you so much..."

Her statement was enough to make his chest pound. Turning around to face her, he stuttered, "J-Jisoo?"

Her hands trailed up around his neck, her sultry gaze keeping him captive. "Do you know how much I've been thinking about you? It was hard to prevent myself from returning your calls, you know? But I didn't forget nor was I too busy. I just wanted to surprise you. Congratulations, Bobby." As she whispered the last part, she added, "You deserve it."

A smile crawled to the rapper's lips. "Do you like it?"

His girlfriend nodded. "You do know I kept telling you I do the first time you made me listen to the tracks, right?"

"I do," he replied, chuckling, the sound coming off huskier than intended. "When are you coming back to Japan?"

"Come on, Bobby. I just got here and you're asking me to leave?"

"I just want to know how much time I have you for myself."

"Hm... much time that the press will not notice a Blackpink member came back to Korea by herself."

"It must be short then."

"At least I get to spend this special day with you, right?"

"But after this, I'll be missing you so bad again."

Jisoo smiled at that. “We’re out there finally achieving our dreams. Isn’t that what we wanted so desperately when we were just trainees?”

It must be the way she was smiling that he was infected to do the same too. “You’re right.”

The topic quickly shifted to something else, her expression changing into wonder as she noticed something new.

"Bobby," she called as she ran her fingers lazily through his damp hair, combing it back from his face. He wouldn't want to voice this out loud, but that slight gesture tickled him so much that he felt something fuzzy spread to the tips of his toes. "You used that strawberry shampoo I sent you last week? I thought you don't like it since it's too girly for your taste?"

The teasing tone his girlfriend used wasn't left unnoticed. He shrugged and kept her close by hugging her petite figure. "It smells good on my hair."

Jisoo laughed at his statement. The sound of her tinkling laugh was like music to his ears, causing him to smile once more. Oh, how he missed her so much.

"I wish we can stay like this forever..."

A wistful look passed through his features. "Me too."

Silence stuck in the air but the couple relished in it, contented to be in one place physically. After some time, he softly nudged the woman under his arms. "Jisoo?"

Her reply was surprisingly, an inaudible snore. Slightly flustered, he looked down and confirmed that yes, Jisoo just slept on him.

He chuckled at the unexpected turn of events. It was something she’d do that made him wonder if she was an alien sent here on earth to mess with his world. With a regretful sigh, he removed her limp arms around his neck, placed his arms under her back and thighs, and laid her on his bed, putting a blanket on her body to keep her cozy. Afterwards, he continued what he wasn't able to do earlier; dress up, choosing to skip on going by wearing a plain white t-shirt and a blue cloud-printed pajamas Jisoo gave to him as a funny present last Christmas.

A glance was sent to his girlfriend's sleeping figure. He then realized that it was a selfish desire to wish that she stayed awake for a little longer for him. There were tired bags under her eyes. Being idols weren't easy, that he knew, since the job took up most hours of the day, some even extending on the next one.

Feeling guilty all of a sudden, he sat on the hardwood floor and leaned his chin on the mattress, just beside her figure. He intertwined his girlfriend's hand with his and tenderly kissed the back of her palm. As he looked at her this close, he noticed the tired lines on her face. Bobby gingerly traced some lines with his thumb. ‘She mustn't get enough sleep these days,’ he concluded. The rapper made a mental note to give her some vitamins before she leaves the country.

'Why do you still look beautiful even when you're tired like this though?' he wondered.

Bobby felt appreciated as he realized that his girlfriend went all the way from Japan to congratulate him. The weeks that passed without her made him feel like drowning. The hectic schedule the album demanded felt like suffocating him. A lot of times, doubts filled his head like a nasty habit. 'What if the fans don't like it?', 'What if I'm not good enough?', 'What if... this all goes down the drain? What should I do then?' It was when Jisoo's voice would rise from the tide like a saving grace and assure him that everything's alright, that doubts are just parasites of the mind, that he shouldn't worry at all because he was born for this.

Now that Jisoo was here in the flesh, Bobby felt peace for the first time, keeping the voices off his head. A smile found its way to his cheeks again. Just the mere presence of Jisoo was enough.

With these thoughts about her, Bobby found himself drifting off to a nice dream.

-🍂🌾-

Bobby woke up with the feeling of someone's delicate fingers running through his hair. Drowsily opening his eyes, he was greeted by the sight of Jisoo, smiling at him. The surprise appearance she made last night became fresh in his head, easing him since he thought it was just a dream. The window of the room still held no light from the morning gaze. 4:05am, the digital clock hung opposite of the bed glowed. It must be because of their early schedules that both of the idols’ body clocks were made to wake up around the wee hours of the morning.

It made him wonder though, how did he end up in the bed? Last time he remembered, he was just sitting beside her.

"Jisoo," he called, his voice still gruff from sleep. "Did you carry me here?"

His girlfriend's eyes twinkled with restrained mirth. "You were half-asleep when you crawled beside me earlier, mumbling that your position on the floor was too uncomfortable. Do you remember that?"

He shook his head no, causing her to giggle. "Gosh, Bobby. You're too cute for words sometimes." She tapped him on the shoulder. "Wake up, sleepyhead. I'll feed you cake before I go. I forgot I put one on the refrigerator. I must've been too tired last night..."

Bobby's ears perked at that. The mention of her leaving made him sad so he put an arm around her waist and pulled her closer. "I don't want to... Let's stay like this for a while..."

"Bobby..."

The tone she used on him made him sigh. Still having remnants of sleep dripping on his eyes, he rose from his position and put his arms on both of her sides, preventing her from going anywhere.

"Stay." Seeing the hesitation in her eyes made him kiss her on the lips. "Stay, please."

"Bobby, you know I can't—"

Jisoo's sentence was cut short when the rapper landed his lips on hers again. He was going to move back when she wrapped her arms around his neck and brought her lips to him. With her initiative, she deepened the kiss. Bobby didn't waste time and nibbled her lower lip. She took the invitation, to the delight of the rapper. In fluid notions, they moved around each other, as if this scene was rehearsed for numerous times already.

His girlfriend's hand absentmindedly left his neck and trailed down to his stomach, her fingers grazing his torso when it bypassed his shirt. Her subtle touches sent his mind into overdrive, causing his movement against her lips to become torrid. And then slowly, the hem of the shirt rose up to his chin. Understanding her intentions, he pulled back and let her remove his shirt, throwing it somewhere under the bed. With a smirk, he continued where he left off and met her lips again.

Her scent was making him drunk. She kept making him feel the fireworks, sending him to a state of no control, and if she continued with her heated touches, maybe he really would.

The need for air caused the two to part. Still panting, he asked her with his eyes if he had the permission to do the next thing he was going to do, his hand on the edge of her hoodie. She nodded, and the next thing she knew, the piece of clothing was off, probably lying beside his discarded shirt on the floor.

Slight disappointment rushed in his chest as he realized she was wearing a long-sleeve shirt under it.

"What?" she asked, amused at his expression. "You think I'm wearing nothing under that hoodie in this weather?"

He shook his head as his disappointment changed into appreciation, realizing for a fact that the tight shirt hugged her figure effectively. Leaning down, he went on to trail kisses on her exposed part of the neck, coming into contact with her collarbone, then to the little uncovered part of her cleavage.

"This will be off soon too," the artist murmured gruffly.

Even if he wasn't seeing the expression on her face, he knew that his girlfriend was liking it, based on the fact that she was arching her back, her grip grabbing a handful his hair.

The long-sleeved shirt was going to be taken away too when the noise of the door opening destroyed that very intention.

"Bobby hyung! Wake up! The hyungs are calling you to eat—!"

It felt like water was poured into them, rendering Bobby frozen.

Bobby caught sight of Chanwoo's terrified look before he hurriedly closed the door. His eyes darkening, the rapper made sure he was going to remember the maknae's mistake forever.

The build-up of tension was lost in a nanosecond. Jisoo sat on the bed, making him move away from her and sit too. A pinkish tint appeared on her cheeks, her sight focused on the closed door.

"What should we do?" she asked nervously.

"Nothing," he answered as he crawled beside her and laid an arm around her waist. "It wasn't intentional."

Jisoo leaned her head on the crook of his neck. "Oh, Bobby..."

Wanting to comfort her somehow, he planted a kiss on her hair. "It's okay."

"This is a waste though."

"Hm?"

A teasing smile appeared on her lips as she took out something from her pocket, then went on to place it on his palm. Seeing it made him knowingly grin.

"I was preparing for this. Guess it's no use then."

"Then before you go, how about you leave me with one last parting gift?" he whispered huskily, proceeding to nibble a part of her ear.

She returned his knowing grin with one of hers. "You know I don't take an offer like that down."

The rapper rose from the bed to lock the door before going back to the bed. They shared a look and together, they disappeared under the covers, Jisoo heard giggling under it.

-end-

Note: Last part's not intentional haha! How did this start so innocent then ended not-so-innocent? Tailored for Bobby's first full-length album, Love and Fall. If you noticed well, each of the album’s songs inspires some scenes. I did my best to include everything, even if just a part of the lyrics since this is made fluff. I hope you enjoyed it! 💛💚