Chapter 1: Hatred & Jealousy

Cousins for Reel

--

"Hi! I'm Jimin, your cousin!"

--

 

 

 


Yoongi can hear little footsteps going down on the stairs despite the unending lecture of his aunt. He knows the owner of that footsteps, it was his cousin. That little chubby cheeked boy he first met during the funeral of his mother. How can he forget that boy when it annoyed him how grateful that boy's life is? 

 

"Yoongi, I know it's hard but you need to get used on your new life now. And as your legal guardian, I have the responsibility of making you live well. Please, stop shutting people down and move on. Your mother will be sad if she sees you like this." Plead his aunt.

 

His aunt is very like with his mother, after all they were sisters. That's why Yoongi made it his mission to never disappoint his aunt, not wanting to do the same mistakes again as what he did to his mother. When his mother died, his aunt was the first one to approach him, giving him comfort and assurance that everything will be okay. 

 

It's been months since the funeral when he immediately took Yoongi with her. Yoongi loves and adores her but he can't help but feel jealous everytime he sees how she cares and love his cousin. Seeing his cousin receiving such a great amount of love from his parents made Yoongi realized that he will never feel that kind of treatment for the rest of his life, yet having a complete happy family is impossible. That's why, Yoongi acted cold to everyone. Even to his aunt. Making Yoongi hate his self more, because as always he's a disappointment.

 

"Yoongi, are you listening to me?" His aunt asked, probably she noticed that he was spacing out.

 

"Yes auntie, I'm sorry. I pro--" He was cut off by a tiny shrieky voice that he hates the most.

 

"Mama!" His cousin called.

 

"Baby, why are you up so early?" His aunt approach his cousin, totally forgetting Yoongi's existence.

 

"Your nagging voice is very loud Mama." His cousin whined.

 

"I'm sorry baby, I'm talking to Yoongi and didn't noticed that my voice was getting louder." His aunt explained as she combed her son's disheveled hair.

 

"It's okay Mama."

 

Yoongi hates him. No. He hates his self for feeling like this. That boy didn't do anything wrong. It was all his fault. It's his fault that he will no longer feel how a mother's love feels. His cousin treasured his aunt so much that's why he was rewarded to have his mother all the time. Unlike Yoongi who neglected his mother.

 

"Why won't you watch Sponge Bob in the living room with Yoongi while I make breakfast." His aunt suggested, looking to Yoongi.

 

Yoongi made no response.

 

"What would you like for breakfast, Yoongi?" She asked, pursuing Yoongi to talk.

 

"Nothing. I'm going to the playground." Yoongi coldly said, slowly getting up from the chair.

 

"But you need to eat breakfast first."

 

"I'm not hungry." He hurriedly walked out of the kitchen, ignoring his aunt.

 

"Yoo--"

 

"Mama! I want pancakes."

 

That's what Yoongi last heard after shutting the door.

 

 

---

 

 

Looking up the blue sky. Birds chirping. Tress slowly dancing along with the air. Green grass surrounding the area. Such a beautiful day. 

 

Perfect for family picnics.

 

Yoongi thought. Heads down, looking at his own feet with his worn out red converse. He continued to swing, not bothering to leave his stare on his shoes. He knows that when he look up again, it will only make him feel bad. 

 

He was alone on the playground, swinging on the swing like a total loner as he is. His surroundings was full of kids playing together with their mother or father. Kids playing with their puppy as their parents monitored them not so far, sitting on their picnic mat. Kids laughing with their father as they chased around the playground. Some crying because their mother scolded them for being dirty and all. Leaving Yoongi alone on the dark side of the swing. 

 

Events like this makes Yoongi feel happy and sad. He was glad that somehow he can see how a family works during free days because he never knows. But it also made him feel sad because he wants to do something like this. He wants to play with his father. He wants to hear his mother scold him because he gets dirty.

 

He was only 8 years old but he already feels like the world was against him. He was too young to feel like this. Why can't he be like the other kids around? What did he do to deserve like this? Well, basically he did something awful to his mother that's why.

 

"Baby, life can be cruel sometimes but there will always be someone to be the reason to fight. A someone that will be your anchor in every step of the way." Yoongi gazed to his mother's beautiful pale face.

 

"But mommy, I don't understand." He said, gripping his mother's frail hands.

 

"Just don't push that someone away Yoongi, they will only arrive on your life once so don't make them leave you." His mother continued, not answering his question.

 

"Then mommy, why are you leaving me?" He said between his sobs.

 

"I'm not leaving you baby, Mommy will never leave you. I will always remain in your heart. And baby, that someone I was talking for was not me. That someone is yet to come. You need to wait. That someone will come into your life when everyone turned their backs on to you." 

 

Life is indeed cruel for Yoongi. And what makes it more cruel was because the one he considered as his anchor was already gone. How was he supposed to continue his life when he was all alone. Yoongi believed that, the someone his mother was talking about was she itself because there's no other than his mother who will never turned their back on him. His mother was the only one who is capable of that.

 

"Mama prepared a breakfast for you." He was cut off from his train of thoughts. "Why do you always prefer to be alone?" His cousin continued, happily swinging beside Yoongi.

 

He decided to ignore him. This was the first time his cousin talked to him. Every night, he can hear his cousin complain about how scary he was to his aunt. Maybe that's the reason his cousin never approached him, and that glads Yoongi.

 

"Auntie Jessica said that you love puppies. My friend has a puppy, wanna come and play with it?" His cousin proposed.

 

Still Yoongi didn't respond. He was busy counting the loops on the ties of his shoes.

 

"You know what? Even though you won't answer me, I will not stop talking to you until you got annoyed and will start to talk." 

 

What the is wrong with his cousin now? Why decide to talk to him?

 

"I don't care that I'm the only one to do the talking, as long as starting today I will not make you feel that your alone, I will never let you to be alone anymore."

 

That made Yoongi looked at his cousin. Those words triggered something.

 

"Ow! You finally looked at me!" His cousin flashed him a bright smile. "This is a big step thinking that this was my first attempt talking to you."

 

Yoongi still looked at his cousin, the words from earlier still ringing on his head.

 

"Why not we start from the very beginning?" His cousin grinned then offered his hand. "Hi! I'm Jimin, your cousin!"

 

 

 

 

 

--

"I don't care that I'm the only one to do the talking, as long as starting today I will not make you feel that your alone, I will never let you to be alone anymore."
--

 

 

 


A/N Yoongi is emo right? Hey everyone, stupid author successfully finished chapter one 👏 *flying confetti*. Don't forget to drop your comments 😉 see you 👀 when I see you my dearies 😏

Ps. Blue haired Yoongi turned me into a dead meat.