Chapter 8

Uncovered Ties
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Namjoon POV

Jimin, still in my body, and I made our way to our office and collected our things once Hoseok, in Seokjin's body, let us know we were allowed to leave. Then we made our exit and left together to go to my house. We created small talk, and if I were being honest it was a little awkward. Though the two of us worked together, we hadn't done something outside of our jobs with each other in a while; we hadn't spent time as friends in several months so our interests had diverted a little in the time being.

And something seemed... off about Jimin. I couldn't place what it was exactly, but I could feel through our conversation that he was different than the last time we hung out like this. Not only was it obvious in the way he talked, but I could also feel a sort of depression in his body that made me worry for him. But I didn't want to bring it up in fear that he'd either deny it or I'd make him uncomfortable. But he knew that I knew something was wrong.

"Want to head to the computer lab?" I asked, referring to the building containing computers for work purposes for those who couldn't afford ones at their house.

Jimin shrugged. "Why don't we just use our laptops for research? Wouldn't that be faster?"

I nodded in agreement. "It would, but this is my work computer and I'd like to keep it that way. Wouldn't you?"

"Then how will we save all the information we collect?" 

I patted my suitcase. "I'm sure I have a USB drive in here somewhere that we can store all the documents on."

Jimin offered a light smile. "Alright, then let's go."

It was a bit more of walking and light conversations. I was able to make out that Jimin was very stressed from work and that this whole switching bodies thing wasn't helping him. But I couldn't figure out if that was what was causing him the stress I was worried about. 

Eventually we made it to the lab and I used my ID card to get us in. There had been a break-in here two months ago, so the manager had to tighten security and one had to be a member of this place to be

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter