Chapter 4

Uncovered Ties
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Namjoon POV

 

Jimin, still in the body of Seokjin, was the last to come out of the conference room. And boy, did he look miserable. Hoseok (thankfully in his own body) was in position, staring at me from his hidden spot; he was tucked between a soda machine and a very pale wall. We had to time this right, because even though it was impossible to see him from where Jimin was standing, once he reached about where I was hiding, he would see Hoseok and figure out what we were up to.

Just as planned, Seokjin (in Jimin's body), came from Jimin's, Hoseok's, and my office and over to "Jimin". God, this was confusing. Hyung laid his hands on Jimin's now-large shoulders and consoled him, asking him how the meeting went. Jimin mumbled sadly, saying something along the line that the boss knew something was off because "Seokjin wasn't as firm as he usually is." Hyung patted Jimin on the arm twice in reassurance, frowning, then dropped his arms. 

I nodded my head at Hobi hyung, and the two of us pulled from our hidden spots and ran at the two. Jimin and Seokjin were able to notice us, but not soon enough to dodge out of the way. We ran right into them, having the boys slam into each other. We were all sent flying to the floor, and I landed painfully on my shoulder. A shock shot through my arm and into my neck, stunning me for a moment as my head smacked into the floor. I could just barely hear the other boys groaning over the sound of my own.

"What is going on here?"

I glanced up and blinked away the small dancing black dots in my vision. Standing above the fourth of us was Min Yoongi in the flesh. I broke into a smile and stood to greet him, seeing as we weren't able to see him very often anymore since he became head of the publishing company. I draped my arm over his shoulders and punched him in the shoulder gently.

"Hey, hyung, how've you been? How's your girl?" I asked as the other three scrambled off the ground. 

Yoongi raised a brow and shrugged me off of him. "How many times do I have to tell you that it didn't work out, and we haven't seen each other for months?"

I in a sharp breath through my teeth as I remembered, and rubbed the back of my neck awkwardly. I gave a shy apology, but the elder just rolled his eyes and smacked my forehead with the papers in his hand. He then turned his attention to Seokjin (or, at least the body of Seokjin that Jimin occupied) held out the papers.

"I'll need a full review of how many copies to make out and why so the prints can have a meeting over it, and then fill out this sheet to let me know how much more to print if there's excess," Yoongi said.

Jimin stared at the papers for an awkward amount of time before he remembered he was playing as Seokjin. So he quickly smiled and took the small stack and bowed politely. "I'll get right on it!"

Jin face-palmed and Hoseok bit his lip. Yes, we all knew that our eldest hyung was polite, but not this much when around Yoongi. But if Yoongi had noticed, he completely blew it off and turned to go about his day.

"Not so much as a greeting," Hoseok mumbled.

I felt someone punch my arm and I turned to look at Seokjin's eyes glaring at me angrily.

"What the heck was that?" Jimin demanded.

I sighed. "It didn't work, they haven't switched back."

"Excuse me?" Seokjin asked. His--or rather, Jimin's-- arms were crossed over his chest, and he almost looked adorable with Jimin's angry mochi face.

Hoseok immediately came to my defence, seeing as the other two were ganging up on me. "We just thought that maybe the trigger was bumping into each other, unaware. But then I thought maybe it was that someone else made you two bump and then switch. So we decided to test both theories out at the same time, hoping one of them would work." He hu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter