Today

Don't look back (Only at me)

Chanyeol rolled over in his large bed, his shirt riding up as he spread out on the king sized mattress. He watched the fan above him spin round and round. The clock in his room ticked quietly, but it was dead silent so the ticks were ear piercingly loud. Chanyeol closed his eyes.

Brown hair. 
Light hazel eyes.
A simple smile.

Chanyeol opened his eyes.  He couldn't do this.

The black (he dyed his hair back to its original color) haired male slid off the bed, sliding his feet into the slippers that were by the head of the bed.

Chanyeol looked up at the clock before he left the room.

3:00 a.m.

Chanyeol was tired. His eyes were stinging and he kept yawning as he sat out on the balcony. The cold air nipped playfully at his bare skin but it wasn't cold enough to wear a jacket.

Chanyeol just sat in his chair, head staring up at the stars that were barely visible and the washed out moon that hid behind the clouds. Chanyeol felt more relaxed outside so he closed his eyes, hoping that he might fall asleep out in the cool air.

As soon as he shut his eyes, he saw those luscious pink lips.

Heard the loud melodious laughter.

Felt the soft skin under his finger tips.

Chanyeol opened his eyes.

He sighed as he played with his fingers. That was the third sleepless night in a row. 




 

Baekhyun couldn't help it as his eyes brimmed with tears. He grabbed his hair with both hands, tugging painfully, "No stop. Stop crying Baekhyun." He muttered to himself, his voice cracking as the tears ran faster down his face.

"Baekhyun?"

There was a knock on the door, a timid voice called out, "Are you all right?"

Baekhyun cleared his throat, "Yea I am, Yixing Hyung, don't worry about me."

There was a pause before the Chinese male spoke again, "Well...it's almost 1 in the morning Baekhyun I should be worried...." his voice was soft but loud in the dead of night. His words were accented heavily, Yixing had just recently moved to Korea from China.

Baekhyun smiled painfully, as if it could convince Yixing, who couldn't even see his face, "I'm alright Yixing hyung, I promise."

There was a sigh from the other side of the door, "Okay, but Jun and I are worried about you. Good night Baekhyun."

"Good night Yixing Hyung."

Baekhyun waited until the soft padding of feet disappeared to the other side of the apartment before standing up. Baekhyun groaned as his head spun, his body threatening to give out from underneath him.

The lack of sleep and healthy food was really taking a toll on his body. 

But Baekhyun slowly made his way towards the bedroom door, ignoring his skeleton like figure in the mirror. He swung the door open silently and walked to the living room where the doors to the balcony were left open.

It was a nice summer evening and Yixing and Junmyeon hyungs' apartment was a couple stories up, allowing them to keep the glass doors open.

Baekhyun stepped out into the lukewarm air, smiling as the cloudless sky gave way to a star speckled canvas. The sky was gorgeous as ever, especially since his hyungs lived out near the countryside. It was still part of the city but the light pollution was significantly less.

Baekhyun stared up at the sky. His eyelids felt heavy as he blinked slowly. The air made him feel drowsy and the occasional honk of the cars below was lulling him to sleep.

But as soon as Baekhyun closed his eyes, his mind was full of the same smiling male with vibrant red hair.

He could practically feel the male standing next to him, leaning against the railing as he excitedly pointed out stars. He would've also pouted like a child when he finds out those stars were actually lights from an airplane.

God Baekhyun missed him so much.

They were together for like...what..eleven days? But it was enough for Baekhyun.

Every moment his eyes were shut, Baekhyun saw Chanyeol. 
He saw his wide smile, crooked but endearing.

He saw the latter's ears stick out from underneath his hat.

He saw the large twinkling eyes that had captivated Baekhyun since they met.

Baekhyun only wondered one thing as he looked up at the sky.

Was Chanyeol looking at the same stars as he was? 



 

My love, I'll pray for your next love
That it won't be like us, that it'll be without pain
Please be happier than me
I hope the sky knows my heart

Chen, Chanyeol - If we love again



 

"Chanyeol"

That voice...it was so soft...so familiar.

"Baekhyun?"

Chanyeol saw the brown haired  male. He was just out of reach, but it was him! It was Byun Baekhyun with his stupid button up shirt and messy brown hair.

"Chanyeol!"

Chanyeol started running, "I'm coming Baekhyun! I'm sorry I left you, but I'm coming to you."

He could feel Baekhyun's thin hands on his face.

"CHANYEOL!"

Chanyeol was awoken by a gentle hand on his cheek. He flinched and sat up straight, "Baekhyun?"

"Chanyeol...."

Chanyeol blinked, his heart clenching when he realized that it was not Baekhyun saying his name, it was Luhan.

The silver haired male had a worried expression on his face and a cup of coffee in one hand, "Yeollie...you promised me you were okay."

Chanyeol smiled, biting back the disappointment, "Of course I'm okay! Who do you think you're talking to?" He took the cup of coffee gratefully from the doe eyes male, "I'm Park Chanyeol, the happy virus." He made a cute noise and brought his his hand to flash a v-sign.

Luhan laughed, patting his younger friend's cheek, "Very cute, my Park Chanyeol."

Chanyeol smiled genuinely this time. Luhan was his best friend. Actually Sehun was but that oversized walking bubble was a jerk. So Chanyeol liked Luhan better. The silver haired male was so caring and always knew how Chanyeol was feeling, no matter how wide of a smile he was wearing.

"Mr. Grumpy pants just woke up, apparently he has an 'important announcement' to make." Luhan said, rolling his eyes and making quotation marks with his fingers around the words 'important announcement'.

The thing about Oh Sehun was that the lean male was either a hit or miss. Meaning, either he was a completely stone faced ice  or he was a super silly kid.

His last 'important announcement' was that he in fact bought a Krong coffee travel mug for his friend and dance mate. Luhan was worried out of his mind, thinking that Sehun was dying or some . 
But no.

The brown haired male just bought a really cute mug for his best friend.

Chanyeol rolled his eyes, "Ah, that kid. You go inside Lu hyung, I'll be right behind you."

Luhan nodded and lovingly pinched Chanyeol's ear before heading back inside.

Chanyeol waited until the silver haired male disappeared inside the apartment and set the coffee mug aside. He groaned as he stretched his back, cracking it in multiple areas. Sleeping on a lounge chair was not ideal, especially not outside on a balcony. Nevertheless, Chanyeol slowly got up and made his way inside. He showered, dressed in an oversized sweatshirt (that said 'ual fantasies'. That's right ladies and gentlemen, Park Chanyeol was the neighborhood playboy) and joined Sehun and Luhan in the main part of the apartment.

Except they were kissing. 
Quite aggressively.
On Chanyeol's spot on the couch.

Disgusting.

Chanyeol made his presence known before Sehun's hand could venture down to some unholy areas (praise the lord amen). Luhan jumped off of Sehun, effectively kicking the latter in the balls by accident.

"ChanyeOl." Sehun whined (his voice had a bit of a highpitched tone after the assault on his...ahem...boys).

"WhaT" Chanyeol mocked the high pitched voice of his best friend.

Sehun pouted, "See, this is why you have no friends."

"Bro, I'm your only friend."

Sehun gasped scandalously, "Not true! LuLu is my friend! Right LuLu?"

Luhan sighed, biting back many many curses that were definitely not Sehun-appropriate, "Of course baby, you're my best friend."

Sehun smirked proudly at Chanyeol, who just rolled his eyes.

"So what's the big announcement?" Chanyeol asked, helping himself to some cereal.

Sehun gasped, "Oh yea! I got invited to a wedding."

"Huh, where?" Chanyeol popped a coco puff in his mouth and savored the chocolatey goodness.

"Korea."

Chanyeol choked on the chocolate ball, "K-Korea?"

Sehun nodded, "Yup." He popped the p in 'yup', "My brother from another mother is finally getting hitched. The wedding is in two weeks but he wants us there in three days"

Chanyeol blinked, momentarily forgetting the 'Korea' part, "Wait. What did you say?"

"...My friend is getting married?"

Chanyeol shook his head, "No, before that."

"...My brother from another mother?"

"That was the gayest thing you've ever said and you had your tongue shoved down Luhan's throat two seconds ago."

"ParK chaNYEOL."
 

 



 

Baekhyun mixed the rice around about with his spoon, a grain of rice that fell on his finger.

Yixing smiled endearingly and pushed a bowl towards Baekhyun, "Here, have some soup."

Baekhyun took the bowl gratefully and started serving himself when the other owner of the apartment, Junmyeon, came dashing down the stairs. His hair was gelled up and he was dawned in a suit (which was ed) and tie (which was untied).

"Morning baby." He said quickly as he pecked Yixing's lips, "I gotta go. I'll see you two in the afternoon!" With that, the black haired male was out the door.

"Wait Myeonnie! What about breakfast." Yixing yelled after his husband but the comment went unheard. The male was out the door.

"Why is hyung going so early?" Baekhyun asked, slurping soup from his spoon. Yixing sighed and started packing a lunch which he would probably drop off at Junmyeon's work place, "He's taking a couple days off later this week so he's trying to finish some extra work."

Baekhyun froze, spoon hanging out of his mouth, "Whf hyufng takdug iff?"

Yixing raised an eyebrow and removed the spoon from Baekhyun's mouth, "Chew before you talk." He chided.

Baekhyun couldn't help think how good of a father the Chinese male would be.

"I said, why is hyung taking days off?"

"Remember Kim Minseok?"

Baekhyun chewed on his bottom lip, wondering where he heard the name before, "I...I don't think so."

Yixing scraped the last of the rice morsels off his plate and shoved the spoon in his mouth, "He's an old friend of Junmyeon. He's getting married in a couple weeks but he wants us there early."

Baekhyun nodded, "I guess I should pack."

Yixing smiled, his dimple making an appearance, "Would you? I can take you shopping after I clean up."

Baekhyun nodded and stood up slowly. He strolled to the guest bedroom where he was temporarily staying.

Baekhyun had made a plan during the sleepless nights. He would stay in Korea for a while, find a well paying job and a decent priced apartment. He would then go back to America, sell his house and bring his things to Korea.

And he would live out the rest of his days in solitude.

End of story. 
No late night conversations or star gazing. 
No road trips. 
No Chanyeol.

God, Baekhyun was miserable.

But he opened up his wardrobe, sniffling (hey he's suffering from allergies, leave him alone) as he slowly took down his shirts from his hangers. He hummed quietly as he made rounds between the suitcase laying open on his bed and his open wardrobe.

He packed the last of the clothes, leaving only one shirt left hanging. Baekhyun turned to grab the shirt, only to freeze at the familiar sight of it.

A muscle t-shirt, blue with a llama on the front. He rubbed the soft fabric, smiling at the memories of the day.

It was the day Chanyeol was his knight and Baekhyun was his princess. The brown haired male had fun ordered the giant around for the day, making him get breakfast, take pictures of him, carry him up flights of stairs.

Baekhyun took the shirt off the hanger and held it in his arms, holding it tightly. He hadn't washed it since and if he took a deep enough of a breath, he could catch the faintest wisp of Chanyeol's cologne.

Baekhyun held it tightly, his knuckles turning white as he debated what to do.

Finally he tossed the shirt back in the wardrobe and slammed it shut. He walked over to his suitcase and zipped it up.

Baekhyun couldn't live in the past anymore. He had to focus on right now, today. 







 

Quietly, I listened
The song I wrote, carrying a tinge of grey
Putting love quietly in my pocket
So no one can tell

Lay - Monodrama


 

Chanyeol turned to see Luhan walking through the door holding a bag of clothes. The black haired male stood up, "What's that?"

Luhan grinned, "New clothes. You didn't show up with much from California, which by the way. Why the were you in California? Weren't you getting married in New York?"

Chanyeol stiffened, his hands clenched behind his back, "Let's...um...not talk about that."

Luhan gasped as he walked closer to the tall male, "Park Chanyeol! Did you run away from your own wedding?"

Chanyeol turned around. He could feel it happening. His eyes were prickling and his bottom lip was quivering.

"Oh that poor wedding planner, whoever they were. Had to deal with your extra -"

"GET OUT."

Chanyeol snapped.

He didn't mean to. 
He just did.

Luhan blinked, "W-what?"

"I said..." Chanyeol lowered his voice, although he couldn't take the edge out of his tone, "Get out."

Luhan looked hurt and Chanyeol just wanted to sweep the smaller male in for a hug. He was kicking himself for hurting his friend.

"A-alright...um there's a suit in the bag and just- just try it on." Luhan stumbled over his words before quickly racing out of Chanyeol's room.

The tall black haired male groaned loudly and collapsed on his mattress. He let out a shout of frustration and covered his face with his hands.

Park Chanyeol was a ing mess. 





 

Yixing frowned as he gently ran his fingers through Baekhyun's hair, "Are you sure Baekhyun? Once you do it, there's no going back."

Baekhyun smiled and squeezed Yixing's free hand, "I want to do it."

The Chinese male sighed but stepped away, "Alright. Our train is in three hours so it's kind of a tight fit."

Baekhyun waved a hand dismissively, "It'll be fine."

Yixing sighed once more but headed back to the waiting area. He sat next to a grandma and started a conversation with her. The angel was probably complimenting her hair and helping her figure out what hairstyle she should get next.

"Hey I'm Kibum and I'll be your hairdresser today, what would you like?"

Baekhyun hummed, clicking his tongue as he decided, "I would like to dye my hair."

Kibum raised an eyebrow, "Trying to make a statement?"

Baekhyun looked at the male through the mirror, catching his eye, "Something like that."

Kibum smirked, "I know exactly what you need."
 

Yixing had an absolute heart attack when he saw Baekhyun. The latter had vibrant orange hair that contrasted very well with the sultry dark eye makeup Kibum applied on the shorter male for free.

"Oh my god."

Baekhyun bit his bottom lip nervously, "Does it look bad?"

"Oh. My. God."

Yixing repeated that a couple more times as they drove to the airport. The dimpled male couldn't stop looking at Baekhyun, he looked so different.

He honestly loved it. The new hair, the makeup. He felt confidence for once in his life. 
He felt attractive.

He sure was damn attractive too. As they went through the train station, a lot of eyes fell lustfully on Baekhyun.

And he loved it.

Junmyeon had the same reaction as Yixing (except the dimpled male had to close Junmyeon's jaw for him). He was in shock but he admitted Baekhyun looked very good.

Baekhyun took a deep breath as he settled on the train. He could do this, all he needed to do was breath.

This was the first step in forgetting Chanyeol.



 

You're such a soft-hearted person
Every time you are silently in pain
Even if I have to give my all
I want to make you smile again

Day 6- when you love someone 

 

 

Chanyeol let out a groan as he stepped out of the Range Rover. He bent his tall lean body, cracking his spine in different places. It was a long three hour plane ride, along with a train ride as well. Sehun was hopping out, racing towards a lean man standing by the large gates. Luhan followed, grumbling with jealously as Sehun leaped onto this man. Which was unfortunate for the man because Sehun was a good foot taller than him.

Chanyeol grabbed his bag and pulled his earbuds out of his ears, walking up to the man. Sehun was chattering excitedly as he walked into the property.

Chanyeol looked around to see that this mansion was in the middle of nowhere. As he entered the gates, he saw that it wasn't a modern mansion, it was more like a miniature traditional palace.

It was amazing, with old fashioned architecture and courtyards and wooden doors, it was like Chanyeol stepped into a portal and he was back in the Joseon period.

"Jongdae, this is Park Chanyeol. A good friend of mine." Sehun said, finally taking Luhan back into his hold. Chanyeol bowed ninety degrees, showing his respect.

"Ah the famous happy virus." Jongdae said, laughing as he guided them inside, "I'll show you your rooms. Luhan and Sehun have one of the bigger ones downstairs and Chanyeol has the smaller one upstairs, but it's attached to a balcony so don't worry. The view's not all that bad." Jongdae said, walking up the stairs.

Luhan and Sehun were long gone to their rooms, leaving Chanyeol with this small stranger.

"I guess you can freshen up and join us downstairs whenever." Jongdae said, cracking the door open for Chanyeol. The tall male grinned and bowed, holding his duffle bag close to his body, "Thank you Jongdae."

"It's no problem Chanyeol."

The black haired male sat on the bed, watching Jongdae walk out of the bedroom. The room was mostly wooden, with shelves that were built into the walls and full of old books. The bed was low to the ground and based on Chanyeol's wide knowledge of historical dramas, the room was decorated to look like it was from another era.

Except for the outlet in the corner.

Chanyeol shrugged off his backpack and tossed it onto the floor. He laid down on the silk sheets, caressing the flower patterned cloth between his fingers.

He bet Baekhyun would've loved this room.

There was hesitant knocks on the door, causing Chanyeol to look up from his star spread position on the bed. Luhan was leaning against the open doorway, now dressed in jeans and one of Sehun's sweatshirts.

"Yeol, can I come in?"

Chanyeol nodded, sliding over to make room for his friend. Luhan laid down next to Chanyeol, using his chest as a pillow, "Chanyeol I need you to tell me that truth."

Chanyeol nodded.

"What happened at your wedding?"

Luhan was looking at him so inquisitively, but with such worryingly passion. The doe eyed male was certainly playing big brother.

"I...realized that I couldn't do it." Chanyeol said slowly, carefully choosing his words. "I was sick of my father telling me what to do. I'm not even straight for god's sake."

Luhan scrunched his nose cutely, "So you just ran?"

Chanyeol's mind filled with memories of driving down highways with the top down. He remembered all the gas station pit stops they made, laughing and joking as they bought more junk food then one should ever consume. Every time anyway said anything about his wedding, or the lack of it, Chanyeol got flashbacks to his road trip with Baekhyun.

But along with those happy memories came the heartbreaking ones of the airport. How small Baekhyun seemed in his arms, as they hugged for the last time.

In Chanyeol's mind, he was chanting, "Please ask me to stay, don't let me leave. Ask me to stay."

But Baekhyun turned around and walked away. Chanyeol could only watch the latter disappear into the crowd, never to be seen again.

And every time he thinks of that scene, he breaks down. He ing looses it. It's like the one good thing in his life ends up leaving him too.

Luhan was immensely worried as the tall male didn't answer, only stare at the opposite end of the wall with tears bubbling in his eyes. Luhan knew his friend was hurting, hurting so god damn much. But he couldn't help him.

How could he, when Chanyeol won't even talk to him anymore?

Luhan was about to speak up when he got interrupted by the sounds of car doors slamming shut. He sat up on the bed, glancing at the glass doors of the balcony, "Is someone else here?"

Chanyeol wiped away a tear that managed to escape down his cheek and stood up. He padded over to the balcony, slipping against the hard wood floor with his sock clad feet.

The tall male slid the doors open and stepped outside. The balcony connected to his room was facing the front of the house, meaning that he had a clear sight of whoever was on the other side of the tall stone wall.

Chanyeol's heart stopped.

There was no way. 
He was hallucinating.

A thin male, dressed in a muscle shirt with a llama on it, stepped out of the car. He had fiery orange hair, and a sad smile on his face as he got out of the car.

"Chanyeol?"

Chanyeol ignored Luhan as he raced out of the room. He didn't care that he looked insane as he pushed past Jongdae. He sprinted out of the front doors, shuddering as the cool night air nipped at his bare face.

Chanyeol's heart was in his throat as he ran closer and closer to the male.

He had to know.

It had to be him.

It had to be Baekhyun.

Chanyeol didn't stop when Baekhyun spotted him. His eyes wide, his jaw dropped open as the tall male barreled into him.

Baekhyun let out a shriek as Chanyeol picked him up, holding him close to his body as he spun.

Baekhyun was in his arms. And this time he wasn't letting go.

"Chanyeol."

"ChANYEOL!"

Chanyeol blinked. Luhan was standing next to him, looking like he was insane, "What the hell is wrong with you?!" The silver haired male said, smacking his arm.

Chanyeol looked around to see that he was still on the balcony, and the orange haired male was outside, in the yard, struggling to get his suitcase out of the car.

Was it really him?
After all this time? 
After all those sleepless nights, all those haunting dreams and bloodshot eyes from crying? Was it really him? 

 

 

 

Baekhyun yawned as he stepped inside the large mansion. He liked it. He liked the courtyard, the old style architecture and he really loved how quiet it was. Yixing had his arm looped through Baekhyun's, smiling cheerfully as a short male introduced himself.

"Junmyeon! I'm so glad you could make it!" He said, hugging the black haired male like there was no tomorrow.

Junmyeon laughed, "Like I would miss your wedding Minseok."

The man, Minseok, snorted, "Yea, I would've personally kicked your ."

"Why do you think I'm standing here?" Junmyeon said, clearly happy to be reunited with his best friend.

Baekhyun sniffed as he looked up, watching as two males walked down the staircase. One was tall, his brown hair swept to a side messily, giving him a boyish look. He had his arm around the other, shorter male.

This man was simply gorgeous, that was all Baekhyun could said. His silver hair fell playfully on his forehead, framing his small face. His eyes were large, softly shaped like almonds and his eyes were the color of light hazel. Even his nose was small, like a cute button.

Minseok turned to see the two new strangers, "Guys, that's Sehun and Luhan. Jongdae's really close friends."

The five exchanged greetings before splitting up into their own rooms. It was getting late and Baekhyun wanted nothing to do but sleep. The next morning was fairly quiet. A breakfast was set up in the dining hall but no one was there. When Baekhyun asked the nice housekeeper, she said that Minseok and Jongdae went shopping for some flowers for the wedding. Luhan and Sehun went for a morning walk and Yixing and Junmyeon accompanied them.

Baekhyun bowed, thanked the woman and made his way outside.

He sat under a tree, leaning against the trunk. He was still wearing the shirt from last night. Baekhyun remembered how he was out the door, ready to lock it when a sudden urge hit him. He was weak and too attached to his memories. So he raced inside and grabbed the muscle tank and shoved it in his bag, cursing himself for being such a wuss.

Baekhyun yawned once more, pushing his orange bed hair out of his face when he felt a pair of eyes on him. He looked up, only to catch a top of a head ducking behind the railings.

Huh, was there someone else here?

Baekhyun was only introduced to Luhan and Sehun and assumed that they were alone.

Nevertheless, he stood up. Perhaps this mystery housemate was also left behind, like he was.

The housekeeper smiled on her way out, passing Baekhyun. He stopped, asking her where she was going.

He got a chirpy answer of "The bazaar!" before she waddled away. Now Baekhyun was completely alone in the large mansion, except for the mystery man (or woman) upstairs.

Baekhyun stepped into the courtyard, looking around to see if he could catch anyone.

Nothing.

He turned and made his way up the stairs, his slipper clad feet making soft padding noises as he climbed the stairs.

"Hello?"

Baekhyun called out. There was no answer. In fact, it was so quiet that Baekhyun questioned if he really saw someone or he was just seeing things.

That was, until he heard a large crash, followed by a string of swear words.

"Hello?"

Baekhyun slowly pushed the door open, his jaw dropping wide open at the sight in front of him.

Life was too cruel. 
Fate was simply ing with him.

That's the conclusion that Baekhyun came to.
You know why?

Because a tall male was sprawled out on the floor, clearly having tripped over his own duffle bag. He had a sheepish grin on his face, his cheeks flushed pink.

Baekhyun's eyes watered as he took in the familiar smile.

Chanyeol.

The male popped up from the floor, awkwardly dusting off his pants, "H-hey Princess B....long time no see."





 

Baekhyun was a coward. He knew he was coward. He didn't stay, ask Chanyeol why he was here. He didn't hug Chanyeol and tell him how much he missed him.

No. Baekhyun was a coward. He ran. 
He ran all the way through the large house and into the backyard. He dashed into the garden, running through the small hedge maze and finally finding himself in the middle of the said maze, in front of a fountain and bench.

Baekhyun whined as he paced back and forth, "Breath Baekhyun breath." He said to himself, making a conscious effort to slow his heart rate.

"You're seeing things!" Baekhyun finally said outloud, "Yup. Definitely seeing things. Park Chanyeol is in china, he is not in Korea. I just miss him so much that I think he's here but he's not. Why would he be in Korea? He's not in Korea." The more Baekhyun talked, the faster his heartbeat got and the more he hyperventilated.

"Baekhyun?"

Curse Park Chanyeol and his freakishly long legs.

"Baekhyun, you have to breath."

Baekhyun had his eyes squeezed shut, but he felt the familiar warmth surround him. Chanyeol was holding him close, gently rubbing his back as he whispered sweet nothings in his ear.

Baekhyun got shivers down his back as the latter's low voice brought him down to earth.

"Are you okay? I'm sorry I caught you off guard. It's just, I was staying with some friends and they got invited to this wedding and I didn't know you were coming and Korea seemed like such a big place and there could be no way I could run into you and then I saw you from the balc-"

"Shut up, it's fine, just chill, we're fine, I'm fine, everything is cool, everything is good! We're chill, nothing is happening and I am not freaking out, not at all, we're FINE" Baekhyun cut Chanyeol off and continued to yammer.

Chanyeol rolled his eyes at the smaller male and grabbed the front of his shirt. Baekhyun was finally silenced by a pair of lips on his.

"We..we can't." Baekhyun gasped out in between kisses. Chanyeol paid no attention. He craved this for too long. Every night, every day for the past two months, Chanyeol had been wanting Baekhyun. He thought that he would never see the shorter male again but here they were, in the garden, their lips locked with urgent need. It was like a breath of fresh air. Baekhyun had been struggling to keep his head above the surface in an bottomless ocean and now as Chanyeol's lips slid over his, it was like his head finally broke the surface. He got lungs full of fresh air. Which was contrary to how Chanyeol's kiss actually made him feel. Breathless. Each time their lips reconnected, Baekhyun felt more and more lightheaded. Only Park Chanyeol could make him feel breathless and full of breath at the same time.

Baekhyun let out a yelp as Chanyeol pulled him to the ground. Baekhyun's breath hitched as Chanyeol's lips disconnected with his and moved down to his neck.

Being trapped underneath the male brought back drunk memories for their night in Las Vegas. Just the thought of America brought Baekhyun to his senses. As Chanyeol's hands sneaked up Baekhyun's shirt, the shorter male shoved him off.

Chanyeol let out a grunt as his hit the ground. Baekhyun shot up, covering his neck which was now covered in hickies.

"Chanyeol we can't."

The tall male still looked dazed from the kiss, his black hair all disheveled from Baekhyun's fingers running through it desperately, "Wh..what do you mean we can't? You know how much I've been think about you? How much I've been missing you?!" He tried reconnecting their lips but as his nose pressed against Baekhyun's soft squishy cheek, the said male scooted backwards and stood up.

Baekhyun shook his head, backing away slowly, "No Chanyeol. You don't want me. You only like the idea of our trip in America but you don't want me. We'll be separating again in two weeks and I'm not going to make the same mistake twice."

Baekhyun took a shakey breath, "Stay away from me Park Chanyeol. I can't afford to fall again."



 

And I miss u miss u
The man who is my destiny
Why are you looking at me with sad eyes?
Please don't cry
Soyou- I miss you 




 

The next week was torture to Chanyeol. He could only watch from a distance. He felt like a ing creep but his need, his desire to see Baekhyun outweighed his guilty heart. He hid behind columns, watching as Baekhyun sat in the courtyard, laughing away with Luhan, Yixing and Minseok. They sat in a circle, making homemade kimchi while preparing the soybean spouts for Kongnamul Muchim.

Chanyeol bit his bottom lip nervously as he watched Baekhyun gasp for breath as Luhan continued to tell a funny joke. The latter's gorgeous hands were stained with chili powder mix. Chanyeol watched as Baekhyun brought his hand up to wipe the hair off his forehead, using his wrist so the mix wouldn't get in his hair. But he still accidentally smudged powder onto his forehead, leaving a red streak above his eyebrow.

Chanyeol peeked up, fighting the urge to go over there and wipe it off of his forehead. Yixing beat him to it. The dimpled male pointed at it, laughed and wiped it off lovingly.

This continued all week. Wherever Baekhyun was, Chanyeol was usually somewhere close by, hidden behind a column or around a corner. 
Baekhyun didn't notice and acted more like himself.

Chanyeol couldn't help but fall more everyday.

He didn't even notice a change in his own behavior. 
Chanyeol was much more quiet and he kept to himself. He refused to join any group activities, in fear that it might make Baekhyun uncomfortable.

Instead he stayed in his given room, watching from the balcony as the others sat in the front, having a small picnic, or playing a game. Chanyeol didn't seem to think anyone noticed his spying on Baekhyun. That was until Luhan slipped into his room in the middle of the night.

Chanyeol was lying awake, staring at his phone. He was swiping through the pictures he took of Baekhyun during the road trip in America. There were pictures of Baekhyun cringing as he stood in the cold ocean water, of him in front of his record-breaking hamburger which was the size of his head. Pictures of Baekhyun pouting as Chanyeol took candids of him.

Then, there was Chanyeol's favorite picture. It was Baekhyun on the beach. Their last day in California, their last day in America.

They decided to stop by the beach during the sunrise. They had heard of the beauty that a sunrise at the beach could bring and decided it was something they needed to experience.

Baekhyun for once was wearing casual clothes. And not his meaning of casual but actual causal clothes. He was wearing his loose jeans that were ripped at the knees and an oversized long sleeved shirt that belonged to Chanyeol.

The smaller male was drowning in it. The sleeves went well past his hands, hiding them as his arms lay rest next to his body. The shirt ended just above his knees, making him seem smaller and cuter. Chanyeol was watching Baekhyun instead of the sunrise. He was awed by the male's beauty, not nature's. His soft side profile, his fluffy undid hair flopping around in the wind. The loose shirt billowing around him as the wind picked up.

At that moment, Chanyeol swore an angel came down from above and was standing right next to him.

So Chanyeol took out his phone and snapped a picture. Capturing Baekhyun's beauty at that moment as well as the beauty of the sunrise in the background. The orange and yellow streaked the grey blue sky, making the stars and moon disappear, only to have them replaced with the bright sun.

Chanyeol could stare at that picture for hours.

Only the feeling of Luhan slipping into bed with him brought him back to reality. The smaller male platonically snuggled up to Chanyeol's side and stared at the picture of Baekhyun, "Oo he's so cute." The silver haired male commented.

Chanyeol quickly locked his phone and threw it aside, "Aren't you supposed to be with Sehun?"

Luhan waved his hand dismissively, "Nah, I put that big baby to bed already. I wanted to talk to you Channie."

Chanyeol cleared his throat nervously, "A-about what?"

Luhan shrugged and leaned his head against Chanyeol's shoulder, "I don't know, you tell me. My Yeollie hasn't been acting like himself lately. I want to know why."

Chanyeol scoffed, trying to hide his shakey breath with a cocky attitude, "What do you mean? I'm still the happy vi-"

"No Chanyeol. You've been scarily quiet, you don't come out of your room unless it's for food and even then you stay for like five seconds before snatching what you need and leaving. And don't think I didn't see you spying on poor Baekhyun."

Chanyeol's eyes widened. He momentarily choked on his own spit and burst out coughing in surprise, "What?! I haven't been- I haven't been spying on B-Baekhyun."

Luhan scoffed and pinched Chanyeol's arm causing the latter to jump and hiss in pain, "Stop lying. I saw you all week staring that poor boy down behind a column like some sort of creep. And now you're lying in your bed, staring at a picture of Baekhyun which you clearly didn't take here. So spill Park Chanyeol before I get really angry."

It was like a dam had broke.

Chanyeol broke down and explained everything.

The wedding, the fact that Baekhyun was the wedding planner. The running away. The impromptu road trip. Las Vegas. The fact that they pretended neither of them remembered what they had done. And finally, the heart wrenching goodbye in LAX.

Luhan was in shock.

"And now he wants me to stay away Luhan. He said that we're gonna end up going different ways after the wedding and he doesn't want to get hurt again."

Luhan finally snapped out of his daze, "Chanyeol, he's not wrong. We only have a week left and then you'll be going to China and Baekhyun is staying here."

Chanyeol just sighed.

"Chanyeol....you guys seemed to get really close. And the way you describe him...."

Chanyeol turned his head to look at Luhan, "What?"

Luhan shook his head, "Nothing it's just...what do you feel about this Chanyeol?"

Chanyeol blinked, looking up at the fan attached to the ceiling, "I don't know Luhan." He turned to face the male, tears b his large eyes, "I don't know."
 

 

 

Baekhyun stepped out of his room, yawning as he turned towards the stairs. His mouth was dry, his eyes were still heavy with sleep. It was in the middle of the night and he was awoken by the weird desire of water. Baekhyun couldn't go back to sleep so he trudged out of his bedroom.

As he started going down the staircases, he heard hushed whispers coming from Chanyeol's room. His brain warned him against it but his heart was too curious. Baekhyun turned and climbed back up the stairs and stood in front of the partially shut door.

He peered in to see Luhan snuggled up to Chanyeol. A bitter taste took over his mouth as he saw Chanyeol's arm around the silver haired beauty. But that was until he heard Chanyeol's shakey voice.

"I don't know Luhan....I don't know."

Baekhyun knew he shouldn't eavesdrop...but he did anyway.

"Chanyeol, you have to know a little something. What was your first thought as the plane left the ground in California?"

"That I made the biggest mistake in my life."

"W-what?"

Baekhyun's own breath hitched. He couldn't believe his own ears.

"I let him go Hyung. That was the stupidest thing I've ever done. I kept waiting, seeing if he would turn around and beg me not to go."

I didn't want you to go! Baekhyun thought desperately.

"Then I realized that I should've been the one begging him. We...we could've figured something out."

"Chanyeol...you can't blame you-"

"It was all so unexpected you know? The wedding. The backing out of the wedding. The road trip. Baekhyun."

There was a heavy, suffocating silence. Baekhyun was afraid Luhan and Chanyeol could hear his thundering heart.

"But there's one thing that was most unexpected of all. But I don't regret it. I would never regret it."

"Well? What is it?"

"Falling in love hyung."

Baekhyun's heart jumped to his throat.

"I never expected to fall in love. I didn't expect to fall so quick, or so hard. And I certainly didn't expect to be stuck in love either."

"Chanyeol....are you saying what I think you're saying?"

"I love him hyung. I love Baekhyun."

Baekhyun raced to his room, ignoring his parched throat. He slammed the door shut, not caring if he made his presence known. His back hit the wall, his head buried in his hands as he slowly slid down the wall as he cried his eyes out.

 

 

I erased all of you
I emptied out all of you
But when the rain falls again
All the memories of you I
hid with effort
It all comes back, it must be looking for you
Beast - on Rainy days 




 

Chanyeol sighed heavily as he placed the last shirt in his suitcase. It was the morning after the wedding.

It was bittersweet.

Minseok and Jongdae never looked happier as they made their love official. They lit up the entire room as they did their first dance. Chanyeol waited for a couple songs, letting Sehun dance with his little Chinese lover before taking over.

Their conversation still rang in his ears. But there was nothing Chanyeol could do about it. It was over. The two weeks were over, they were all leaving the next day. Baekhyun seemed just as miserable. Yixing and Junmyeon tried to dance with him and make him smile but Baekhyun got tired after a couple songs and asked to sit down.

While everyone else was dancing, dining and socializing, two lost hearts shared the same heartbreak.

Now, the morning after. Jongdae and Minseok had left the night before. Actually, it was technically morning. Their flight was at seven so the two had left the party around five to go to their honeymoon.

The guests dispersed quickly after that, leaving only Yixing, Junmyeon, Sehun, Luhan, Baekhyun and Chanyeol in the large mansion.

They all went to their respected rooms. After all, they were all leaving for home the next day and needed to get some rest.

Chanyeol sighed as he closed his suitcase. He groaned as he pulled it off his bed and let it hit the ground with a thud. The tall male walked over to the windowsill, grabbing his phone and charger.

He could hear his bedroom door creak open but his back was faced towards it and he was busy checking his phone. 
Besides, it was probably just Luhan checking up on him...again. But when he heard the door slowly close and the lock slowly click in place, Chanyeol turned around.

His mouth dropped to see Baekhyun standing in his room. The said male was drowning in a sweatshirt, his hands clenched behind his back nervously and his gaze towards his feet, only showing the top of his orange colored head to Chanyeol.

"B-Baekhyun?" Chanyeol didn't trust his own voice.

The latter mumbled something, but it was too soft for Chanyeol to catch.

"What was that? I couldn't hear you."

"I said I'm sorry."

Chanyeol blinked, "What? For what?"

"For doubting you."

Chanyeol was very confused. He opened his mouth to say something but Baekhyun quickly padded over to where he was standing. The shorter male grabbed his hand and tugged him over to the bed where he sat him down.

Chanyeol's whole body stiffened as he felt Baekhyun's hands on his. They were seated on the bed now, facing each other as their feet dangled off the side of the bed. Baekhyun brushed his frizzed up orange hair out of his face and looked up at Chanyeol through his long eyelashes, "I...I heard your talk with Luhan a week ago."

Chanyeol flushed red, something he hadn't done in a while, "You heard? A-all of it?"

Baekhyun nodded, his dainty fingers squeezing Chanyeol's.

"I know what happened in America was unorthodox. But...but I can't just throw away the feelings I have."

"Baek, I-"

"Just let me finish. I never felt so free when I was with you. All my life I followed a pattern, a routine, and it got me to a certain place in life but now I'm just stuck here. Wasting my years away as everyone else around me finds their happiness."

"I realized what had happened in California isn't a bad thing. It sure broke my heart when we separated but I think that's just makes my feeling stronger. Chanyeol, I'm me when I'm with you. I'm a free, laughing, smiling person when you are around. You taught me this freedom. You taught me this life and how to live it."

Baekhyun took a deep breath, "What I'm trying to say is, I return your feelings. I love you Chanyeol and I don't want to lose you again."

Chanyeol was over the moon. He didn't waste anytime pulling Baekhyun into his lap. The shorter male squeaked as Chanyeol devoured his lips. His hand were against the taller's chest but they eventually s up to the latter's neck before burying themselves in Chanyeol's messy bed hair. Baekhyun could feel Chanyeol's lips curl up into a smile as the male continued to join their lips together for a kiss after a kiss after a kiss. Baekhyun had shoved Chanyeol against the bed headboard and was now straddling the taller male, readying to give whatever the latter desired.

As Chanyeol's hands snuck up underneath Baekhyun's lose clothes, a knock on the door interrupted them.

"Chanyeol? We're leaving soon."

It was Luhan.

Chanyeol rumbled lowly as he held Baekhyun flush against his chest, his lips attacking the smaller's neck like there was no tomorrow. 
There were knocks again, "Chanyeol?"

Baekhyun let out a loud mewl as Chanyeol bit down on his collarbone, "G-Go away!"

There was silence before a loud "OH" was heard. Then the sound of Luhan's feet against the hardwood disappeared down the staircase, leaving the two in peace. Chanyeol chuckled as Baekhyun hide his face in his chest, "Maybe I should put a sock on the door or something."

 

 

 

Baekhyun lay panting happily on top of Chanyeol. He was tired and his eyes threatened to shut as he rose and fell along with Chanyeol's breath. The soft murmuring and sweet nothings in his ear didn't help.

"I would go any where with you." Chanyeol whispered, nuzzling Baekhyun's cheek with his nose lovingly, "I would follow you to the ends of the world."

Baekhyun lay on top of Chanyeol, happy to be in his arms. It was too long since Baekhyun had felt love like this. Almost never in fact. No one had ever loved Baekhyun like Chanyeol does.

Baekhyun closed his eyes as he listened to Chanyeol's deep voice, finding comfort in the push and pull of the latter's words. He was talking of a better tomorrow. How he was willing to stay in Korea with Baekhyun, readying to start a new life with the shorter male. Baekhyun loved to hear that, but for now, he was only thinking about one thing. Baekhyun had gone through too much to not appreciate the moments of the present. So as he lay in Chanyeol's arms, he only thought about one thing.

Today.






 

Cause I feel the same way too
Love you love you~
Want you to know that i'm with you
I will love you and love you and love you
Gonna hold you and hold you and squeeze you
I will please you for all times

Chanyeol, Baekhyun- Love song